• 72 results
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By velle37

In the last installment of the Fox News-fueled controversy involving the rapper Common's appearance last week at a White House poetry reading, Bill O'Reilly had challenged Comedy Central's Jon Stewart to debate the issue on his 8 p.m. Fox show, "The O'Reilly Factor."

At issue is Common's sympathy for two convicted cop killers, Mumia Abu Jamal and Assata Shakur, who have both long had the support of left-wing activists who believe neither received a fair trial. O'Reilly argued last week that it was unacceptable for the White House to have hosted Common. Stewart argued that O'Reilly and his Fox News colleagues were simply manufacturing the controversy to pump up ratings and viewer outrage.

O'Reilly and Stewart have a curious love-hate relationship. Each host's past appearances on the other's show have made for great TV, and Monday night was no exception. Fox News pre-taped the interview and broke it into two parts. The first aired last night in two clips (see Part One above, and  Part Two after the jump, below). The second half of the exchange will air on "The O'Reilly Factor" tonight. Here's a recap of round one:

Monday's segment began with Stewart clarifying why he believes Common has advocated for Shakur.

"What I think he's doing is not celebrating, but honoring someone he believes was wrongly convicted of cop killing," said the "Daily Show" host. "I think he believes she was convicted unjustly."

Maybe so--but O'Reilly fired back by arguing that the White House unfairly validated and elevated Common as a poet. "Do you know how many poets would have liked to have been there?" he said. "Why did he get that honor in your opinion?"

"Because I think he's not defined as an artist by this Assata Shakur case," said Stewart.

To illustrate his point, Stewart brought up Leonard Peltier, the Native American activist convicted of killing two FBI agents: "Guess who wrote a song about Leonard Peltier? [U2's] Bono. Guess where he was? The White House."

"Boo-yah!" Stewart exclaimed in mock triumph. (In a mock-pedagogic aside to O'Reilly he explained: "That's a rap word.")

Stewart then cited Bob Dylan as another White House-honored artist who had composed a song about a convicted killer--the former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. (Carter's conviction was overturned on a procedural question in 1985.)

Which brought him to the crux of his argument: "There is a selective outrage machine here at Fox that pettifogs only when it suits the narrative that suits them," he said. "This guy is in the cross hairs in a way that he shouldn't be, whether you agree with him or not."

You can watch the second part of the first part of their debate below, starting at the 6:15 mark:

The interview generated strong reactions online. The Nation's Ari Melber called it " a virtuoso duel where comedy eviscerated farce." Business Insider's Glynnis MacNicol applauded both hosts for producing a feature "that shows ... opposite sides of the political spectrum partaking in intelligent discussion. Emphasis on intelligent."

As for how many people were watching, if Stewart's last appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" is any indication, you can expect higher than usual ratings for Monday's and tonight's editions of the show.    

Link/video here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110517/ts_yblog_thecutline/boo-yah-stewart-takes-on-oreilly-over-fox-news-selective-outrage-machine    

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By velle37
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
People are Mad Stupid... Conservatives Starting Problems over Common at the White House ? Common is one of the only rappers who could rep Hip Hop right and in a Positive Manner at the White House... 
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikethekiller

Who f**king cares

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By turoksonofstone

Intelligent discourse. nice,

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@mikethekiller said:
Who f**king cares
O'reilly and people who view his program.
Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctor Damn

I found this hilarious.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh, Don't care.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Wow, they managed to find an issue just slightly less intelligent than that whole birth certificate debacle to fixate on.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By velle37

@Doctor Damn said:

I found this hilarious.

Very, very nice.....
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By cyberninja
@Doctor Damn said:

I found this hilarious.
lol
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Osiris1428

The conservatives got smashed on the "birther" issue, The White House Correspondence Dinner, Obama roasted them, then, Sunday right before 'The Apprentice', Obama announced the death of OBL. After they tried and failed to gain ground trying not give Obama credit for OBL death, Common was the on leg these petty little pigs had to stand on.  “There is a selective outrage machine here at Fox.”-Jon Steward.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vitality
@King Saturn said:
People are Mad Stupid... Conservatives Starting Problems over Common at the White House ? Common is one of the only rappers who could rep Hip Hop right and in a Positive Manner at the White House... 
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By soundbite
@King Saturn said:
 Common is one of the only rappers who could rep Hip Hop right and in a Positive Manner at the White House... 

Exactly.  Common has mad flow and is intelligent as heck.  If he's not a poet, I don't know who is.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MKF30

lol, this topic is hilarious...maybe next month Obama will invite Charles Manson :) but that's ok, because it's Obama. I don't even watch either of these two anymore, Bill just screams(while I do see his point here) and Stewart is just an idiot....of course he sees nothing wrong with this, he's a lib lol

I wonder how cops and authority feel about this. From what I've read despite their political affiliation, cops didn't like this.... I don't consider common a poet, just a typical rapper that raps about killing conservatives and killing cops etc(real talent lol)....that may have something to do with it, but what do I know? lol I wonder, if this guy was rapping about killing liberals and terrorists would the Obama's been so enthusiastic to invite him? hmmm

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30: Comparing Common to Charles Mason is a little much don't you think? And do you actually listen to Commons music?
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30
@mikethekiller said: 

@MKF30: Comparing Common to Charles Mason is a little much don't you think? And do you actually listen to Commons music?

While it's well known killer and a rapper are different, but my point was the obama's at this point could invite anyone and those who support him(well perhaps not all but a lot) would see nothing wrong with it.. While common isn't a killer, he supports killing if you've listened to his lyrics....killing cops, killing bush? etc yeah....I don't mind or care if he hates bush or cops, that's his perspective but don't go rapping about "supporting killing them" that's just tasteless imo but then again, that's gansta rap for you....
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Green Skin
@MKF30 said:
lol, this topic is hilarious...maybe next month Obama will invite Charles Manson :) but that's ok, because it's Obama. I don't even watch either of these two anymore, Bill just screams(while I do see his point here) and Stewart is just an idiot....of course he sees nothing wrong with this, he's a lib lol I wonder how cops and authority feel about this. I don't consider common a poet, just a rapper that raps about killing conservatives and killing cops....that may have something to do with it, but what do I know? lol I wonder, if this guy was rapping about killing liberals and terrorists would the Obama's been so enthusiastic to invite him? hmmm
It's very clear you know NOTHING about Common or his music.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30 said:
@mikethekiller said: 

While it's well known killer and a rapper are different, but my point was the obama's at this point could invite anyone and those who support him(well perhaps not all but a lot) would see nothing wrong with it.. While common isn't a killer, he supports killing if you've listened to his lyrics....killing cops, killing bush? etc yeah....I don't mind or care if he hates bush or cops, that's his perspective but don't go rapping about "supporting killing them" that's just tasteless imo but then again, that's gansta rap for you....
Common is not "gangsta rap". Have you actually listened to any of his music?
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mikethekiller

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By velle37
@MKF30 said:
lol, this topic is hilarious...maybe next month Obama will invite Charles Manson :) but that's ok, because it's Obama. I don't even watch either of these two anymore, Bill just screams(while I do see his point here) and Stewart is just an idiot....of course he sees nothing wrong with this, he's a lib lolI wonder how cops and authority feel about this. From what I've read despite their political affiliation, cops didn't like this.... I don't consider common a poet, just a typical rapper that raps about killing conservatives and killing cops etc(real talent lol)....that may have something to do with it, but what do I know? lol I wonder, if this guy was rapping about killing liberals and terrorists would the Obama's been so enthusiastic to invite him? hmmm

1) Obama didn't invite Common, Michelle put together the Poetry event.

2) You obvioulsy didn't read the article or watch the videos, because then you would see what Stewart actually thinks and why. Which you didn't express that you understood here.

3) Common is a poet, and once again, you obviously didn't watch the videos, because Common does not have hate speech in his raps about cops.

4) Again if you had watched the videos (or even just read the article) you would have seen Stewart point out past artists invited to the white house, who supported supposed cop killers, yet there is not the same reaction (Bob Dylan, Bono).

5) Your comments are very ignorant, as green Skin stated "You know nothing about Common or his music". Common has never been considered a gangster rapper, he has always been a positive force in Hip hop music. Please educate yourself before you act next time.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats to Common.

P.S....

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikethekiller

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MKF30
@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

lol, this topic is hilarious...maybe next month Obama will invite Charles Manson :) but that's ok, because it's Obama. I don't even watch either of these two anymore, Bill just screams(while I do see his point here) and Stewart is just an idiot....of course he sees nothing wrong with this, he's a lib lolI wonder how cops and authority feel about this. From what I've read despite their political affiliation, cops didn't like this.... I don't consider common a poet, just a typical rapper that raps about killing conservatives and killing cops etc(real talent lol)....that may have something to do with it, but what do I know? lol I wonder, if this guy was rapping about killing liberals and terrorists would the Obama's been so enthusiastic to invite him? hmmm

2) You obvioulsy didn't read the article or watch the videos, because then you would see what Stewart actually thinks and why. Which you didn't express that you understood here.

3) Common is a poet, and once again, you obviously didn't watch the videos, because Common does not have hate speech in his raps about cops.

4) Again if you had watched the videos (or even just read the article) you would have seen Stewart point out past artists invited to the white house, who supported supposed cop killers, yet there is not the same reaction (Bob Dylan, Bono).

5) Your comments are very ignorant, as green Skin stated "You know nothing about Common or his music". Common has never been considered a gangster rapper, he has always been a positive force in Hip hop music. Please educate yourself before you act next time.

I know but Obama approved it obviously...thus he agreed with the invite.
I do understand and know Stewart sees nothing wrong with this, Bill does. The gist of it. Common isn't a real poet, he's a rapper....if I can make a rap song and become famous for it, I'm a poet all of a sudden? Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree on that one. Uhh yes he does, in his songs he raps about killing cops....hints at it. Bono is an idiot and Bob Dylan sounds high as hell half the time, so you get no argument from me there but the point is this topic....

You're comments are ignorant because you clearly never heard the lyrics in common's songs, no matter how much you want to defend it...please, he's a typical rapper. He has nothing on Eminem in terms of rapping talent and I don't like rap. You need to educate yourself and learn the real facts that common is just a thug rapper who raps about killing certain people and cops....deny it all you want though, I find it amusing.
Greenskin, actually I'm well aware thanks. You didn't see my point

My mistake on putting him in the "gansta rap" genre, but usually it's them that rap about killing cops, raping women etc....so I hardly see a difference when the concept/lyrics are similar. Clearly his lyrics promote and support violence AGAINST the police....sugar coat it all you want, you don't know what you're talking about.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By velle37
@MKF30 said:
@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

I do understand and know Stewart sees nothing wrong with this, Bill does. The jist of it. Common isn't a real poet, he's a rapper....if I can make a rap song and become famous for it, I'm a poet all of a sudden? Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree on that one. Uhh yes he does, in his songs he raps about killing cops....hints at it. Bono is an idiot and Bob Dylan sounds high as hell half the time, so you get no argument from me there but the point is this topic....

You're comments are ignorant because you clearly never heard the lyrics in common's songs, no matter how much you want to defend it...please, he's a typical rapper. He has nothing on Eminem in terms of rapping talent and I don't like rap. You need to educate yourself and learn the real facts that common is just a thug rapper who raps about killing certain people and cops....deny it all you want though, I find it amusing

You fail.

Please post a song where Common is advocating cop killing you ignoramus.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30: Rap when done correctly is poetry.

And another thing I noticed when I was searching for the video I posted above the only sites that had a real problem with it were conservative e news sites and I also noticed some racist (and/or in other ways ignorant) comments on these sites, hmm...
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By velle37

@MKF30

Look at the post right above your post by Mikethekiller.....

If you watch the video Doctor Damn posted on the first page, Jon Stewart explained this as well....

You fail.....

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MKF30
@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

I do understand and know Stewart sees nothing wrong with this, Bill does. The jist of it. Common isn't a real poet, he's a rapper....if I can make a rap song and become famous for it, I'm a poet all of a sudden? Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree on that one. Uhh yes he does, in his songs he raps about killing cops....hints at it. Bono is an idiot and Bob Dylan sounds high as hell half the time, so you get no argument from me there but the point is this topic....

You're comments are ignorant because you clearly never heard the lyrics in common's songs, no matter how much you want to defend it...please, he's a typical rapper.

He has nothing on Eminem in terms of rapping talent and I don't like rap. You need to educate yourself and learn the real facts that common is just a thug rapper who raps about killing certain people and cops....deny it all you want though, I find it amusing

You fail.

I just did, you fail kid....you're living in denial I find it amusing that you choose to be ignorant AFTER I posted a link clearly of him supporting killing cops...you seriously are blind...
You can kiss Obama or Common's ass all you want, it's not like "just fox" has issues with it, if you actually READ more into this you'd see cops all over aren't fond of this, but then again you are clearly a Obama supporter or Common supporter so you're the ignoramus, not me. I already know the drill but since you chose to ignore it the first time

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/common/onefourlovept1.html

Now try to deny that and I'll just laugh at you...

killermike, like I said cops all over have issues with this....not just conservatives, the only reason they have issues with it is because he's rapped about Bush. 
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30:  the song you posted seems more in response to police brutality which is were I believe his any lyrics that are negative about cops comes from. 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MKF30

Corrupt cops are bad I agree, but he does not specify that and refers to cops in general....

There's also various perspectives and opinions on police brutality, if a cop gets rough with someone but follows standard procedures that's not PB, unless he does things he's not supposed to. I've had people try to tell me "cops shooting you on instinct for pointing a water gun painted black is police brutality" when the reality is something like that is not so, you have to put yourself in the cops head, is this a real gun or not? And are you willing to take that chance?

Either way he's still rapping about violence against police here.....there's no denying that.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By joshmightbe

So let me get this strait, according to Fox News its ok for a white musician to be happily endorsing violence and misogyny but if a black musician even talks about those things its evil?  

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Green Skin
@MKF30:  That is not a Common song.  That is a collaborative song for a charity album and none of Common's lyrics mention anything about killing cops. In fact his very first words on that track are  "I'm an opponent of violence".       The verse about killing cops is by Rah Digga, not Common.  I fail to see why he should be held liable for the words of someone else.  You're example fails.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
comparing Common to Charles Manson ? really ? Common is one of the cleanest acts we have in Hip Hop... dude is a great representative for Progressive Hip Hop and his music has a much better message than 90 percent of the MCs out in the game today... 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By velle37
@MKF30 said:
@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

@velle37 said:

@MKF30 said:

You're comments are ignorant because you clearly never heard the lyrics in common's songs, no matter how much you want to defend it...please, he's a typical rapper.

He has nothing on Eminem in terms of rapping talent and I don't like rap. You need to educate yourself and learn the real facts that common is just a thug rapper who raps about killing certain people and cops....deny it all you want though, I find it amusing

You fail.

I just did, you fail....you're living in denial I find it amusing that you choose to be ignorant AFTER I posted a link clearly of him supporting killing cops...you seriously are blind...
You can kiss Obama or Common's ass all you want, it's not like "just fox" has issues with it, if you actually READ more into this you'd see cops all over aren't fond of this, but then again you are clearly a Obama supporter or Common supporter so you're the ignoramus, not me. I already know the drill but since you chose to ignore it the first time

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/common/onefourlovept1.html

killermike, like I said cops all over have issues with this....not just conservatives, the only reason they have issues with it is because he's rapped about Bush. 

No, you editied a previous post, you didn't make a new post until this one. Also where did you see any statement from me about who hates what? This is the second time you commented about "cops not likeing this" like I care, or like it matters. I posted two people having a debate over an issue, you ignorant assumptions of why are unnecessary.

Not to mention here are the first lyrics Common has in the song you posted:

[Common]
            I'm an opponent of violence
            To many of my guys have to condome it in silence
             Law takes lives and can only do violence
             And with night sticks i write quick

All comments Common makes about violence in these instances are either for the prevention of more violence, or in the context of someone else's feelings. Like I said, Jon Stewart already explained the lyrics Common used (in the video mikethe killer even posted, while Doctor Damn posted Jon Stewarts comments) talking about arming "himself" with guns and whatnot to fight the police (which a fox news reporter took out of context to exploit). Jon Stewart simply stated that in the very next line Common said to move away from that kind of thinking for a brighter future (Which, yet again, you could see if you watched either of the videos)....

The song you posted lists injustuces, describes violence, but what is the message? What are they actually promoting? What does the chorus say?

[Everyone Lead by Mos Def]
                   My people unite and let's all get down
                   We gotta have what? love peace and understandin
                   One god, One love, One light
                   One aim, One voice, One fight
                   My people unite, hop up and do it right

Once again you fail to understand simple concepts......

You misunderstood the intent of the song, nitpicking what you choose to interpret. Much like your ignorance in calling Common a typical gangster rapper, which he is far from....

Get your mind right......

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I actually saw this while watching the Daily Show, and you can't lose if your smart like Jon Stewart.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30 said:
Corrupt cops are bad I agree, but he does not specify that and refers to cops in general....

There's also various perspectives and opinions on police brutality, if a cop gets rough with someone but follows standard procedures that's not PB, unless he does things he's not supposed to. I've had people try to tell me "cops shooting you on instinct for pointing a water gun painted black is police brutality" when the reality is something like that is not so, you have to put yourself in the cops head, is this a real gun or not? And are you willing to take that chance?

Either way he's still rapping about violence against police here.....there's no denying that.

I think you have understand the minorities point view and have a general understand of commons music to understand that he's not just saying  go outside and shoot the first cop you see. I highly doubt Common would say anything like like because based off the rest of his music he seems to to be a cool and intelligent person. 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MKF30

Actually it is a common song Green Skin lol keep living in denial as you fail to understand it and the lyrics don't lie, as it's under common....try again. 

Velle, again clearly you miss the point and try to defend it and FAIL....you are rather amusing. You're the one that doesn't understand the concept of his words because you're a blind fanboy liberal of common...shocker. And I posted the link twice and just now you saw it? lol...

@joshmightbe said:

So let me get this strait, according to Fox News its ok for a white musician to be happily endorsing violence and misogyny but if a black musician even talks about those things its evil?  

I don't think anyone should endorse violence against people who try to help you, but just imagine if this was a white president who invited a rapper or musician who rapped about killing Obama....imagine the outrage from the liberals....
Honestly, I don't think it would be a big deal if the guy wasn't rapping about "killing cops and shooting bush" you disagree with them, fine but do you really have to rap about it when kids listen to this? And honor someone like that at the white house?

KS, I'm not referring to his influence on the hip hop genre.....this is about the White House honoring and inviting someone who has clearly been for killing cops, former presidents....and again, that was an inside joke as to Obama inviting anyone and some people would not have a problem with it....I never compared Charles Manson as a person to Common...but rather what they stand for, one endorses killing and the other IS a killer...

As far as the music genre goes, he has nothing on Eminem and I'm not a guy into rap but I have to admit, the guy has the most skill as far as I'm concerned with rapping then anyone else atm

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBatman586

Great, more political B.S.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mikethekiller

I think Michelle should've invited Lupe but he's a muslim so people still would probably be talkin' sh**

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By velle37

@MKF30 said:

@joshmightbe said:
I don't think anyone should endorse violence against people who try to help you, but just imagine if this was a white president who invited a rapper or musician who rapped about killing Obama....imagine the outrage from the liberals....

Honestly, I don't think it would be a big deal if the guy wasn't rapping about "killing cops and shooting bush" you disagree with them, fine but do you really have to rap about it when kids listen to this? And honor someone like that at the white house?

KS, I'm not referring to his influence on the hip hop genre.....this is about the White House honoring and inviting someone who has clearly been for killing cops, former presidents....and again, that was an inside joke as to Obama inviting anyone and some people would not have a problem with it....I never compared Charles Manson as a person to Common...but rather what they stand for, one endorses killing and the other IS a killer...

As far as the music genre goes, he has nothing on Eminem and I'm not a guy into rap but I have to admit, the guy has the most skill as far as I'm concerned with rapping then anyone else atm

Stop trying to cover up your fail and ignorance. Both Bono and Bob Dylan were in very similar situations, yet you do not have nearly the emotional stigma attached to those situations as you do to this one.... for whatever reason.....

Common is not a cop killer and does not advocate it, nor is he anything like a gangster rapper. Again you would know this if you actually watched the videos instead of coming in here blindly posting idiocy......

@MKF30 said:

There's also various perspectives and opinions on police brutality, if a cop gets rough with someone but follows standard procedures that's not PB, unless he does things he's not supposed to. I've had people try to tell me

"cops shooting you on instinct for pointing a water gun painted black is police brutality"

when the reality is something like that is not so, you have to put yourself in the cops head, is this a real gun or not? And are you willing to take that chance?

Because this situation happens all the time.........

@King Saturn said:

comparing Common to Charles Manson ? really ? Common is one of the cleanest acts we have in Hip Hop... dude is a great representative for Progressive Hip Hop and his music has a much better message than 90 percent of the MCs out in the game today... 

Smh......

That comparison alone shows he has no knowledge whatsoever of Common......

@Green Skin said:

@MKF30:  That is not a Common song.  That is a collaborative song for a charity album and none of Common's lyrics mention anything about killing cops. In fact his very first words on that track are  "I'm an opponent of violence".       The verse about killing cops is by Rah Digga, not Common.  I fail to see why he should be held liable for the words of someone else.  You're example fails.

He's obviously too ignorant to understand this.... And he's the one who posted the example nonetheless....

@Doctor!!!!! said:

I actually saw this while watching the Daily Show, and you can't lose if your smart like Jon Stewart.

He just moiderizes his opponents, it's hilarious.....
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Green Skin
@MKF30: No it's not a Common song, it's from the album "Hip hop for Respect".  It was put together by Mos Def and Talib Kweli.

Just stop trying to act like you have any leg to stand on.  Common does not and has never promoted killing, of cops or anyone.  You should really think for yourself for a change.  Blindly following the Right Wing makes you look like an idiot.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MKF30

Velle, I  never said Common was a cop killer lol, but that he supports it.... you are a such an ignorant tool and this thread is pointless....you're just butthurt because I owned your case with facts which you choose to deny and as usual, you cry about everything "that involves Fox" while amusing it is rather old already....yeah I don't like the bs from PSMBC half the time but I don't cry about it because I have better things to do with my time.
You're the one who's ignorant and denies simple facts, and the fact that you admit you get your political updates from "John Stewart" is utterly pathetic and laughable at the same time....
@Green Skin said:

@MKF30: No it's not a Common song, it's from the album "Hip hop for Respect".  It was put together by Mos Def and Talib Kweli.Just stop trying to act like you have any leg to stand on.  Common does not and has never promoted killing, of cops or anyone.  You should really think for yourself for a change.  Blindly following the Right Wing makes you look like an idiot.

Has nothing to do with right wing or left wing lol, it's facts that the guy supports and has rapped about killing cops...you need to do more research seriously. Obviously you're a common fanboy, I get that but that's just the reason why you fail to see WHY this is controversial....

Hss, "A Song for Assata”,     he honors a killer who KILLED A Jersey cop....let's see how you're going to try to deny this one...I can keep going but clearly you and velle choose to ignore solid examples so I'm not going to waste my time.

Again, I know tons of cops who aren't right or left or either who have a problem with this....maybe if you knew some you'd understand but clearly you don't so...
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30 said:

WTF
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MKF30

You don't know who Eminem is? He was named Best rapper alive by Vibe mag in 2008...and has received several awards, believe me I don't like his lyrics either. I thought it was retarded when he mocked Christopher Reeve in "Medicine Ball", but I heard he apologized for it at least...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By joshmightbe
@MKF30: He does not support cop killing he just supports 2 people who he thinks were wrongly convicted of cop killing and if anything Common is probably the most anti violence rapper to have come out after the 80's and the fact that Fox seems to love Ted Nuggent who has openly stated that he thinks Obama should get shot in the face, so why is it ok for a white musician to openly endorse violence?
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By velle37
@MKF30 said:
I  never said Common was a cop killer lol, but that he supports it.... you are a such an ignorant tool and this thread is pointless....you're just butthurt because I owned your case with facts which you choose to deny and as usual, you cry about everything "that involves Fox" while amusing it is rather old already....yeah I don't like the bs from PSMBC half the time but I don't cry about it because I have better things to do with my time.You're the one who's ignorant and denies simple facts, and the fact that you admit you get your political updates from "John Stewart" is utterly pathetic and laughable at the same time....

I know exactly what you said, and you're wrong. Commons lyrics said he is opposed to violence, but you still refuse to admit you're wrong. You've failed to provide one shred of evidence that Common supports cop killing.

You most definately did not own me with facts, because you provided none. You gave a bunch of misinformed posts, and a link to a song, that backfired on you and actually showed Common promotes peace.

I've said nothing about Fox, yet again you are making ignorant assumptions.

I don't get "political updates" from Jon Stewart, this is just a set of vids I saw that were interesting and decided to share them. Yet again you're making ignorant, and wrong, assumptions.

You fail....

Utterly......

@mikethekiller said:

@MKF30 said:

WTF

AS MUCH OF THE VIOLENT ISH IN EMINEM'S LYRICS!?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By velle37
@joshmightbe said:
@MKF30: He does not support cop killing he just supports 2 people who he thinks were wrongly convicted of cop killing and if anything Common is probably the most anti violence rapper to have come out after the 80's and the fact that Fox seems to love Ted Nuggent who has openly stated that he thinks Obama should get shot in the face, so why is it ok for a white musician to openly endorse violence?

This.....

You ignoramus........

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Green Skin
@mikethekiller said:
@MKF30 said:

WTF
The fact that he's an Eminem fanboy makes this completely hilarious.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30 said:

You don't know who Eminem is?

I know who Em is and I know Common is better, you should really try listening to more of his music 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By velle37
@Green Skin said:
@mikethekiller said:
@MKF30 said:

WTF
The fact that he's an Eminem fanboy makes this completely hilarious.

*wipes tears of laughter from my eyes*

This is too much......