Coming out

• 84 results
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@squares: Gah! What is with you today? Your entire online persona is crashing down around our ears!

*quietly cries to myself while holding out for a brighter tomorrow*

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: @laflux: @mrnoital: @soa: @jackjack390: thanks a lot for the support, guys.

Just embrace it!

No Caption Provided

Go at your own pace. True friends will accept you regardless. Don't rush things!

I embraced it, but just for myself. To be honest I tried denying it for a lot of time but now it has just become too obvious for me that denying it is impossible. Friends are the next step, I guess.

It really is both sad, and heart wrenching that people face this type of stuff everyday. I don't see why people can't just accept people for what they're and not what their religious beliefs are, what their skin-tone is, or in this case, who they decide to fall in love with....I mean really? WTF does it even matter? We humans have come far in this regard, but it's still far from ideal.

Also:

@wolverine08 said:

Wow, I can truthfully only imagine what it must feel like to have had to hide who you really are like there's something wrong with you. You can PM any time if you want to talk.

I know, it's terrible. It's not like I'm doing something to hurt someone or like I chose this. It's like me being me.

I will say this as responsible and politically-correct as I can manage...

If you are the Perez Hilton/Chris Crocker type of gay, then you and all the others like you can go live on a separate island. Period.

;) In all seriousness, I sincerely wish you well. I don't know exactly how you feel, but I know that you shouldn't be afraid to be who you truly are. Whatever you do, just choose to live, man. God bless.

I don't know who Chris Crocker is, but I'm not that "kind" of gay(if I guessed who Perez Hilton is right), otherwise my friends would have noticed I'm gay I guess. I act more like a common straight guy, a bit nerd-ish sometimes but pretty common.

It's Ok. I've Met People Who Would Say Your Going To Hell. Your Fine. God Loves You No Matter What. As My Favorite Character Says, Follow Your Heart. I Will Touch Down On This In The Next Episode Of ''Lightnings Random Questions''. Good Luck

Loading Video...

thank you :)

:) an Emma pic always makes me feel better haha. Even if turning into diamond could help sometimes.

@ms-lola said:

Please think about reaching out to groups in your area who can help you. I don't know where you live, but I'm guessing there might be a few organisations which can complement the strength you already have. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be unafraid and you deserve to live your life free of judgement. Unconditional love is a real thing. You deserve that most of all.

I live in Italy. I guess there's one helping centre in a 1000 miles radius lol and probably it's a religious based one, or something to "convert" you. It's quite a bigot place. This morning I woke up and opened Facebook as usual and I discovered that a gay guy was killed with a hammer by one of his friends after coming out yesterday. Not very reassuring.

Thank you by the way :)

@joygirl said:

@veitha: I get it, man. And I'm in a similar situation myself. It's brave of you to get it off your chest and I really hope that you find your opportunity to break free and be who you want to be. You can PM me any time if you have to. @squares: Space after an ellipsis, hun. <3

thank you. And I hope you'll solve your situation, too.

@rd189 said:

Right on dude.

Now, your next step is take what you've said here, and apply it to the world in general, IRL as they say. I'm not gonna be an arsehole and say "Vine is teh wrong place for dis OMG", but online is only gonna take you so far. And if your parents won't support you, then screw em. Your 17 now bro, practically a man/woman. Time to start making your own choices and supporting yourself.

But hey, this is a good first step. Good on ya man.

No Caption Provided

Thank you. I tried to sum up what I felt and sending it here seemed more natural than telling it to someone in "real life". I guess my next step is getting close, anyway.

@keenko said:

@veitha: There's nothing wrong with you, the situation sucks but it gets better. For example, my brother, in high school, was a total bigot. Dude made fun of gays 24/7 but once he got into college he realized it doesn't matter and ended up rooming with two lesbians and served as the best man to one of his roommate's wedding. Most people stop caring once they hit around that age.

Honestly, most people our age don't even care anyway. People make comments but aside from a few tools almost everyone I know have no problems with gay folks.

My best advice, tell your friends but not your parents. Your friends are totally expendable. The ones that leave you were never true friends to begin with and the ones that stay your friends will be there forever after that. Your parents will probably try and say the "phase" thing if you come out before you're in college so it's best to wait for that. But i'd think you'd feel a lot better being yourself and being disliked by a few than being someone who you are not and adored.

Either way, I totally support you and I'm here for you, dude.

thanks for the advice. That is actually something I thought about. My family may be more bigot than my friends are, maybe also because of the way there were raisen up. Last time I went out with my aunt she said that gays are disgusting and even that maybe young people would be more open than she was(she essentially admitted her bigotry but kept it going on lol). It made me sad hearing her talking this way and I'm certain she'll be the last person I'm going to tell this. One of my female friends said more than once that she doesn't mind gay people at all, and jokes are just for fun most of the times I guess.

@veitha: I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time like this, I'm afraid at this point I can't offer anything original to say other than to expound on what other's are saying. See if you can get involved with support groups or counseling from people who have had to go through similar situations. I wish I could offer you more words of comfort butI admire your courage my friend and I'm pulling for you, stay strong and if you need anything; to vent or talk or whatever please do not hesitate to PM me.

counseling groups are a bit difficult to find here, but thanks anyway for the advice :=

@sc said:

I am in awe of your courage, to express such things about ones self can be hard, even to strangers, so I hope you are not feeling too vulnerable. I hope you have found some sense of relief and lightness in this respect as well. I think its good when people do this, because your words will also help many others who are in a similar position as well as be comforting to those who have been in similar position in the past.

I am not gay, but I am not exactly typical in a way that would be accepted or tolerated in my real life community either, I would either classify under pansexual or asexual, so fortunate in the sense no one would really bother me about it. So I am sorry that you are in a situation where there is real possibility of losing loved ones, friends family, or even just facing pressure, rejection and anxiety being in a community that might not be that tolerant.

I think the future and time is your friend, as in I don't know the specifics for your situation? So it can be hard for me to make theories and predictions, but at some point you will be making enough money so that you can travel and close real life friends can still remain close, but they might end up being online friends, and your social circle will expand and you will make more friends and your existing friends will get more mature and tolerant and exposed to life and I am almost positive you will get to find places you can express yourself more throughly and also find love. True at some point you might have to face some loss with some friends but that happens to everyone generally, its good to fight for a friend or a friendship but also good to have friends who will fight for you and your friendship as well. To be honest, most of my good friends are online, don't actually have many in real life but that suits me and my personality just fine.

Fear is a scary thing but try not let it consume or rule you, you may be overestimating how some of your friends would react. Maybe you can think of ways of talking about it to them, maybe ask the ones you trust most that one of your cousins or overseas relative told you they came out and you are not sure what advice you would give them? Maybe gauge their reactions? I mean statistically depending on how many friends you have, one of them is probably also homosexual or bisexual as well. They might just be in a similar position to you? Female friends in general can be good as they can be a bit more mature and sincere on discussions about gender and sexuality, at least in my experience as well, all my male friends wanted to act macho and staunch - especially in the group setting. It can depend person to person. I don't know you too well aside from some interactions around the X-Men and Emma threads, you always struck me as intelligent and articulate, your grasp on English is great! I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time over all this. Am glad you are at a stage where you might feel more comfortable with yourself. You deserve to feel comfortable and happy too!

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Sorry if my reply was too long, nothing is wrong with your post at all, its more of a matter of your own comfort thats important. Also if you ever feel like talking or are down, please send me a PM as well, I know you like Emma Frost and I do as well quite a lot. Actually my best male friend ended up that way because of our mutual appreciation of Emma Frost so its always nice talking to anyone about her in general heh heh.

Thank you Veitha.

Thank you very much, SC. The fear of posting this thread here disappeared as soon as I saw people making this kind of comments and giving me all this help. I got up slightly happier this morning also thanks to you all guys.

All these advices are actually going to help me make up my mind and think seriously about "real life" coming out, so thanks a lot.

This isn't a good situation for me, but I guess I'll have to get out of it someday. Maybe the worst thing would be to keep ignoring it.

Thank you for the comments on my English, it's very important for me! I'd love talking about Emma of course :) (even if she's having a bad time currently, but she'll get up fine as always I guess :D).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@veitha: I'm not really sure what to say, but stay strong ^_^

Normally coming out of the closet shouldn't be a big deal, but for a lot of people it's like going through hell, sadly. I wish you the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was blessed with accepting friends and family, so I can't relate.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@veitha: If its any consolation at all i'm from the other side of this. Ie: My friend came out as being gay and it didn't make me think any less of him. I know its got to be hard but most people especially people who consider themselves your friends won't hold this against you. They may seem suprised or even shocked at first but it shouldn't have any lasting effects and if it does then those people wern't really your friends.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how much I could help tbh, but do feel free to PM if you need to talk.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know just screw what people say, and don't think of the what ifs. Just be who you are.

Take care dude.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: @princearagorn1: @racob7: thank you guys.

@veitha: If its any consolation at all i'm from the other side of this. Ie: My friend came out as being gay and it didn't make me think any less of him. I know its got to be hard but most people especially people who consider themselves your friends won't hold this against you. They may seem suprised or even shocked at first but it shouldn't have any lasting effects and if it does then those people wern't really your friends.

this is encouraging.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's not much I can say that someone else hasn't already so ill keep it short. Your happiness is much more important then the happiness of those who might not accept you for who you are, it will for sure be hard but you should definetly work towards coming out to the people close to you, who knows? They might not be bothered at all - and if they are i'd wager you would be happier with other more open minded friends you might make down the road. Just take it step by step and let yourself be sad, it's okay as long as you don't hurt yourself, and good luck.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I only have this to say.

Do what makes you happy.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: @bruxae: thank you, I will follow your advices, even if I'm not that sure about what makes me happy hahaha

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By magnablue

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By dernman

@hylian said:

You cared enough to post that pic.......... :p

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By magnablue
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By dernman

@hylian: I'm just teasing you. Not making a point. :p

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro calm down. Who cares about what people think of you, if they can't except you for who you are, then f*ck them. There is nothing wrong with being different, I know how it feels being different but the only person who needs to accept you is yourself, do whatever you want, screw society, DO WHAT YOU WANT, they have no right to control you man, it's your life.

Also, no need to hide this bro, not everyone is a homophobic idiot, your always welcome here. No need to hide this, we accept you for who you are.

Also, if your having any trouble with your life and need advice, you can always PM me. I'm with you till the end of the line, friend. :D *insert Captain America: Winter Soldier reference*

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@hylian: Wow, someone else is using this now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Hey, I'm in a good mood. My dad just got out of the hospital, the weather's been great, and I've finally patched things up with a friend. Having a bit of a hard time being grumpy...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It’s a shame you are going though so much trouble but honestly who are people to judge you based on your sexual orientation? If you are a homosexual, it's your choice, that’s how you are born; I see nothing wrong with that.

Though a little selfish question, I always wanted to have gay friend, I've managed to make 1 so far, would you be willing to be my friend?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your parents do truly love you unconditionally I'm sure they'll understand. But try to get your close friends to understand before so you're more comfortable with people who accept who you are. I had to do the same with a different problem/situation, and it turned out okay, so I hope it can for you too.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

You'll meet tons of people in your life that will not care about your sexuality and will like you for who you are, trust me.

Stay strong, friend :)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By slimj87d

Meh, a few of my good friends are gay, big deal. The only problem we have with each other is that he's an apple and I'm a android.

If you don't make a big deal out of it and be confident with it then people that would say anything won't. They say things to get a reaction out of people.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juke: @retconcrisis: thank you.

@slimj87d said:

Meh, a few of my good friends are gay, big deal. The only problem we have with each other is that he's an apple and I'm a android.

If you don't make a big deal out of it and be confident with it then people that would say anything won't. They say things to get a reaction out of people.

I'm an apple to lol new stereotype created! *joking*

thanks by the way :)

It’s a shame you are going though so much trouble but honestly who are people to judge you based on your sexual orientation? If you are a homosexual, it's your choice, that’s how you are born; I see nothing wrong with that.

Though a little selfish question, I always wanted to have gay friend, I've managed to make 1 so far, would you be willing to be my friend?

you collect gay friends? o.O and I wish it had been my choice :D

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw the people saying this isn't the place to come out on. You have friends here, this is not only a community, but a family, so more power to you for letting CV be the first step on a new path in life. Congratulations on having the courage to do this and I hope you don't regret this. I'm sorry that you don't think the people in your real life will be so accepting, that is a huge bummer, but you shouldn't so scared to hide who you are. Maybe don't come out so publicly, just start small with the people you trust the most and work your way outward. I wish the best for you, man.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: are you in college or interested in going? If not, once you go to college, they're more open minded about these things.

My gay friends finally emerged from their cocoons and found many friends who wanted to have gay friends.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats, good luck.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@veitha:

I am sorry I think I misspoke when I said "it was your choice", though I think you understood what I meant.

Also hehe sounds weird when you say , go collecting gay friends, it's not like that. I have always wanted to have a gay friend; i always thought it would be cool. I recently met someone like that online, here on comicvine, though let's not reveal his identification. It was pretty cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: The picture you just used? I use it all the time.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Comic Vine has that many 16 and 17 year olds?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@veitha: Here's a place where you can talk without any fear,man.

Everything's ok,you told us,and we're happy you did!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: @jack_: thank you very much guys!

Screw the people saying this isn't the place to come out on. You have friends here, this is not only a community, but a family, so more power to you for letting CV be the first step on a new path in life. Congratulations on having the courage to do this and I hope you don't regret this. I'm sorry that you don't think the people in your real life will be so accepting, that is a huge bummer, but you shouldn't so scared to hide who you are. Maybe don't come out so publicly, just start small with the people you trust the most and work your way outward. I wish the best for you, man.

thanks.

@slimj87d said:

@veitha: are you in college or interested in going? If not, once you go to college, they're more open minded about these things.

My gay friends finally emerged from their cocoons and found many friends who wanted to have gay friends.

If everything goes as it should go, I'm planning to go to college in two years. Maybe it's a good idea to wait until then.

Wow, Comic Vine has that many 16 and 17 year olds?

I guess so. I created my account when I was 14 or 15 I think.

@veitha:

I am sorry I think I misspoke when I said "it was your choice", though I think you understood what I meant.

Also hehe sounds weird when you say , go collecting gay friends, it's not like that. I have always wanted to have a gay friend; i always thought it would be cool. I recently met someone like that online, here on comicvine, though let's not reveal his identification. It was pretty cool.

it's fine :)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@veitha: I see (about Italy). Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there. I'm glad you have strong support amongst your online friends and like others have mentioned, it will get better.