ComicVine's TV Series Recommendation/Discussion Thread

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

I checked to see if there was one of these and there just seems to be a variety of threads that aren't related to one another in general.

I'll start

Series: Chuck

Type: Comedy, with Action and a slice of Romance.

What its about: Chuck is about a titular character who one day gets home and recieves an email of an old buddy of his, from college. Turns out, his old buddy was actually a CIA agent and that the email he sent Chuck implanted a Super-Computer in his brain. Now Chuck's stuck with terrorist organisations hunting him helped byh a super-hot spy and a hot-headed ex-Vet, while trying to take the Super-Computer out of his brain and go back to his normal life.

Why you should watch it: Because its a series that'll make you laugh, with plenty of good action and comedy thrown in the mix. The Idea of a nerd becoming a spy and getting it on with a super hot chick may seem cliche but its pulled off extremely well.

Please try to follow the way I used above, or a similar one :P

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

For me top-shelf Dramedy Six Feet Under  or for Horror Ghost Adventures, Walking Dead, C-Span-2 or the bald dude who eats antelope knee-socket juice on Travel channel. 
Yeah,  Bizzare Foods it's called...  
oops, 
Series: Bizzare Foods 

Type: Educational, Cultural Studies, Gross out Horror 

What its about: This dude who used to be homeless and will eat anything, travels the world eating things you would not feed your pet Komodo Dragon. 

Why you should watch it: Watching will increase testicular fortitude.

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Afro_Warrior

Series: Boardwalk Empire

Type: Criminal Drama

What its about: Boardwalk Empire is set in the US during the prohibition era. The show revolves around Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson. The treasurer of Atlantic City and man in charge of the sale of liquor into the city. As Nucky campaigns for re-election, he must fight on two fronts to protect himself from other ambitious mobsters looking to expand their business and the newly created Bureau of Prohibition.

Why you should watch it: Great acting, engaging storylines, rich characters and its made by HBO........did i mention it was directed by Martin Scorsese.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Zombie_

This season may of ended, but I didn't see anything about shows that have completed their seasons not counting, so:

Series: Alphas

Type: Sci-fi, action, drama.

What its about: Alphas follows a group of gifted individuals, similar to mutants in comics, but with drawbacks to each of their powers. They're called 'Alphas', and are lead by a human sympathizer. Said group goes about trying to find rogue or currently undiscovered Alphas while trying to uncover information about Red Flag. Red Flag is basically the mirror of their organization.

Why you should watch it: It's brilliantly directed, has great acting, has an interesting and engaging storyline that is played out very well. The concept reminds me of the mutants in the MU. The fact that the Alphas are given amazing powers, but with sometimes nearly fatal drawbacks makes it very interesting. I definitely recommend checking out season 1, and keeping an eye on season 2.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

Series: Breaking Bad

Type: Crime, Drama, Comedy

What it is about: A chemistry teacher is diagnosed with lung cancer, so he decides to cook crystal meth to make money to pay for his treatments and make sure his family is financially afloat after he dies.

Why you should watch it: This show's got everything. The acting as superb, the story is excellent, and you'll hate to love the characters.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Saren

Series: Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Type: Drama, Romance, Comedy

What it's about: A peek inside the private family life of twenty-something socialite Kim Kardashian, the daughter of the late L.A. power attorney Robert Kardashian.

Why you should watch it: Stellar acting, a great plot for every episode that will make you laugh and cry at the same time. Fun for the entire family.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Series: Vampire Diaries

Type: Fantasy, Horror, Teen Drama, Supernatural Drama

What is it about: It is a show about two brothers ,Stephan and Damon, returning their home town and they end up falling in love with the same girl. They also have to deal with all the supnatural things that come along with returning home.

Why you should watch it: Vampire Diaries is not like any other teen drama. It has twist and turns in the story plot and you never know what is going to happen next. It has a lot of action and great character devlopement. Every character has changed through out ,for the better, the three seasons that have so far aired and we can see that they will change even more with more seasons to come.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SpidermanWins

Series: 24

Type: Action, Drama, Political Thriller

What it's about: It's a show that centers around a government agent named Jack Bauer who works at CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) and chases after terrorists plotting potential mass disasters. On another end Political figures battle. Each season is 24 hours and episodes long. All events in each episode occur in real time.

Why you should watch it: Outstanding plot that will leave you breathless by the end of your first season. Intense underlying subplots make everything all the more interesting throughout. You'll always be coming back for more. All characters are very strong and you will miss the heroes endlessly when they die and come to be captivated by the characters you would have never thought you'd learn to love. The show is a rollercoaster of an action drama that never fails to surprise and always will keep you on the edge of your seat. It's an epic of storytelling that's unbelievably powerful.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#10  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Series: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Type: Fantasy, Drama, Adventure

What it's about: Set in a world of grim fantasy, Ned Stark is thrust into a world of political intrigue when his best friend the king asks him to act as his right hand. Ned's strict sense of honor bids him to agree, despite the fact that the role will place him far away from his family in the snow-covered North.

There is also the little thing about his predecessor being murdered, possibly by the queen and her dastardly family.

Meanwhile, Ned's bastard son Jon leaves the family home to join with the fabled Night's Watch, a black-clad brotherhood of rangers that keep watch over the massive wall that guards the realm from not only the wild folk on the other side but also an ancient and demonic presence that may be rising after years of peace.

Why you should watch it: Simply put, this series is the ☠☠☠☠. Full of blood, sex, magic, political strife, and some of the best writing on television, Game of Thrones epitomizes all that is awesome about dark fantasy.

Based on the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels by famed nerd writer George R.R. Martin (who helped oversea development of the series and found it to be an excellent adaptation), Game of Thrones is fantasy for grown ups.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane: I hope your trolololing me.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

You're missing out if you don't catch the wacky exploits of Kimmy and Khloe.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

@ReVamp said:

You're missing out if you don't catch the wacky exploits of Kimmy and Khloe.

I think I just died.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot said:

This season may of ended, but I didn't see anything about shows that have completed their seasons not counting, so:

Series: Alphas

Type: Sci-fi, action, drama.

What its about: Alphas follows a group of gifted individuals, similar to mutants in comics, but with drawbacks to each of their powers. They're called 'Alphas', and are lead by a human sympathizer. Said group goes about trying to find rogue or currently undiscovered Alphas while trying to uncover information about Red Flag. Red Flag is basically the mirror of their organization.

Why you should watch it: It's brilliantly directed, has great acting, has an interesting and engaging storyline that is played out very well. The concept reminds me of the mutants in the MU. The fact that the Alphas are given amazing powers, but with sometimes nearly fatal drawbacks makes it very interesting. I definitely recommend checking out season 1, and keeping an eye on season 2.

OMG YES!
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@ApatheticAvenger: damn you beta me to it
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ApatheticAvenger: damn you beta me to it

I'm reading that now. >__>

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Daveyo520

You should watch Parks and Recreation. It is one of my new favorite shows. The 1st 3 seasons are on Netflix Instant.