• 92 results
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By jrock85

This site is a helluva lot more pleasant than the CBR forums.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By RainEffect
@MrDirector786 said:

At first, I thought this was referring to that thread made on Giantbomb a few weeks ago about this site.... some guy said he wanted to punch Billy_Batson through the internet. :P

I like this guy.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Magian

Those things always happen online. It's not anything new.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Dex_Starr

I think they could solve everything if they simply put a mute/ignore feature here.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By MrDirector786

@RainEffect said:

@MrDirector786 said:

At first, I thought this was referring to that thread made on Giantbomb a few weeks ago about this site.... some guy said he wanted to punch Billy_Batson through the internet. :P

I like this guy.

I'm guessing you also want to punch him through the internet?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@ComicMan24 said:

@cyberninja said:

That's what happens when people take internet way too seriously.

So true.

This^

@MrDirector786 said:

LOL. That always makes me laugh XD
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Magian

@TheGoldenOne said:

@MrDirector786 said:

LOL. That always makes me laugh XD

Not only you lol

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By progenitorigin

Bullying? Personal attacks? LOL@ people. I swear, sometimes it seems like the general public is nothing but a pack of wolves. Anyone targeting anyone else online or on Comic Vine simply needs to come to terms with themselves and the problems they most likely have, yet haven't dealt with. Treat others the way you wish to be treated, bottom line.

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

@texasdeathmatch:

Yeah, and I notice a lot of users attacking others on an insanely personal level, its getting sad and creepy.

Then again, I think everything is falling apart all together. People are just growing more irritable and unsatisfied with their lives. I see it in traffic, with family, and significant others.

What this world needs is a zombie outbreak...like right now. So people can appreciate what they took for granted their entire lives.

I could have not said it any better.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Billy Batson

BB

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cyberninja said:

That's what happens when people take internet way too seriously.

^

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RainEffect
@MrDirector786 said:

@RainEffect said:

@MrDirector786 said:

I like this guy.

I'm guessing you also want to punch him through the internet?

Indeed. Although, now I imagine 'punching someone through the internet' means getting them on The Grid and punching them User-to-User.

@Billy Batson:
No Caption Provided
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jrock85 said:

This site is a helluva lot more pleasant than the CBR forums.

What did they do to you there?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jrock85

@entropy_aegis: I've never registered on CBR, but I do read the X-Men forums from time to time. You'll rarely ever see disagreements without insults being hurled back and forth.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: I've never registered on CBR, but I do read the X-Men forums from time to time. You'll rarely ever see disagreements without insults being hurled back and forth.

Never knew.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jrock85 said:

are you sure? i've always been there and i really didn't have problems there. You should register and check for yourself. Talk to them and see how often do you hear negative stuff. I think it's a lot better there though i like this site more cos it looks cooler and each character has its own forum.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

are you sure? i've always been there and i really didn't have problems there. You should register and check for yourself.

They do have a boy scoutish community if you ask me.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jhazzroucher

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

are you sure? i've always been there and i really didn't have problems there. You should register and check for yourself.

what do you mean by "boy scoutish community"?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By John Valentine

Deep.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

Just go and say you liked what Deathstroke did with his children.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jhazzroucher

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

I won't say that unless i know what Deathstroke did with his children. so what did deathstroke do?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

I won't say that unless i know what Deathstroke did with his children. so what did deathstroke do?

Killed Joseph to prevent him from being possesed,and used a serum to control Rose.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jhazzroucher

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

Killed Joseph to prevent him from being possesed,and used a serum to control Rose.

you're referring to Deathstroke from dc comics right?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

Yup,is there another one?Regardless i'm just giving a general example.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By termiteone4ever

I am not even sure why the hostility.

But i did see Spam on here Grrrr

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jhazzroucher

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

i just did it, on Deathstroke's appreciation thread. waiting for replies if there'll be any.

I don't really go to dc boards. i always hang out in x-men forums and sometimes in avengers forums too because there's another Storm Appreciation Thread there too since she'll be an avenger soon

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#77  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@MrDirector786 said:

lol
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jrock85 said:

i just did it, on Deathstroke's appreciation thread. waiting for replies if there'll be any.

I don't really go to dc boards. i always hang out in x-men forums and sometimes in avengers forums too because there's another Storm Appreciation Thread there too since she'll be an avenger soon

LOL.I actually once said that Sinestro was more interesting than Hal and one user was actually horrified.(villains being favourites is apparantely a bad thing).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jhazzroucher

nobody has replied to me yet. I think it happens but in CBR, just sometimes.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#80  Edited By Hawkeye446

@slacker the hacker: I agree. It is kind of unnerving that people are so disrespectful to others just because they think they can hide behind a mask. Even the good people don;t seem to want to do anything... sigh

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Eh, I actually think things have been rather quiet, lately. Granted, I've never been a part of any formal military, so I can't really say what a "warzone" looks like, but a group of socially-stunted malcontents posting troll threads from their respective mothers' basements really isn't the image that comes to mind when I hear the word.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By utotheg38

where and when has this been going on?

In the off topic forums?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By CATPANEXE

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Not sure if troll, or mentally deranged.

Anyways, it's troll season. Not the end of the world, yet.

Waaait, missed the EXE on the end. Troll statement withdrawn. (only the Troll part?)

I'm going to go somewhere for a moment, and off-topic, but I feel it's warranted given the personal note made here at me, and one often made, and it's relevance I see to the topic at hand being other users at odds and personally attacking each other here, the irony of a few of the responses made, and the logic that the solution is not to take anything seriously, but to take other users seriously at least to an extent, and learning who they are and more what compels them would actually serve to shed some of this fighting onsite, which is almost always founded in a lack of understanding, and any attempt to.

See more on that here.

That and I might as well do it sometime, and because I can and feel like it. ^_^ I'm pretty much under the belief your being silly and not meaning anything ZombieBigfoot, but you bring up a point I dwell on occasionally and something relative to the topic. I take notice on occasion when people scoff at the mental state of others. Generally it comes out as shunning, and as well usually the speaker displays at least a small sense of arrogance, hinting at or being literal in the belief that

they have shown themselves to be a better person, and above others just in pointing what they perceive as the health problem of another. When people tell me they think I'm insane, usually ones who do not know me deeply at all, much less even have an inkling, I'm relatively unphased. The reason for it is I've been tested for insanity, and not by the way that I went to a doctor and paid them, but by the way that I was legally obligated to be tested in the fullest extent by a team of the federal governments psychological professionals, and their findings were this:

-

" That the subject (me), is sane in the fact that they exhibit a firm grasp of static reality, and they have mental and emotional damage which they have worked with in a clinical manner to manage and show to have control of at this time. "

-

They also made a personal note that they found me to have one the firmest grasp of reality they had seen, as opposed to most. Why this causes me to brush off accusation that I'm insane then is because that accusation is unfounded, unresearched, and clearly wrong. This in addition that it comes from a person who themselves more than likely has never actually gone through the process themselves, thereby having no statement as to whether they themselves are in fact sane or insane, or their model of reality even correct, and of course, the motivation for being propelled to attempt to point the finger at me as such doesn't help their rather lacking case from where I'm sitting either. Can they claim the same as me during whatever attempt to define me and despite the evidence they feel works against me, especially in the light of it's subjectivity?

While I do highly promote insanity, as I don't see it as wrong, and all's really wish I was because let's face it, reality could be said to be one of the largest causes of stress and living in a dreamworld created based of what one perceives as an ultimate comfort zone in their subconscious mind would be spectacular, I am in fact just an eccentric who enjoys dreaming, having fun, coming up with ideas, living a colorful life, and obviously indulges in debauchery, in spite of the real world I'm strongly based in, and the things and ideas I implore are hardly original, nor uncommon, and are in fact not examples of divergence by design. It's all in the name of fun to me, and making a clown of myself to make others laugh. (And no, being frequently involved in costumed S&m blood orgies is not insane either, it's just exhibition and all activities essential, ahem, moving along now...)

-

You could of course ask again why I felt to point all this out, and I could simply respond with why did you feel it imperative to point out what you did.

Pointless as my choice of action here might seem, and actually end up being, it could also serve as a small manner of rectifying later iteration of a commonly placed misconception at my person, and probably others in the future, and even for the 1% chance of that I feel it's worth the small price paid of typing a few words and posting them on a forum online and the possibility that another person feels or voices any amount of aggravation at a different person posting their, gasp, thoughts and feelings about something online whether positive or negative. I really have a hard time playing ball or even understanding this idea actually, and wonder how long it will take for those of you who repeatedly state to others the exact same words to every opinion, feeling and concern they have about anything or everything, that they post online to grasp that the whole purpose of the internet is to do exactly what they are doing. They take what they're thinking serious and they shouldn't nor should they be concerned in your opinions? That's certainly easy to say when it's not your own problem nor thoughts on the stand isn't it? This opinion happens to reflect a person saying they don't care about other people online, because those people and their lives and feelings are synthetic as far as their own self see's it, and the only reason their then posting anything is their primary concern is their own comfort before others, and that the only things they want discussed online are things that suit their own fancy, ie: a selfish attempt. Unfortunately the news is that the internet is the place for open discussion, and more importantly for everyone to be heard and seen, as opposed to being told to shut up and go to their room or anywhere out of site, by persons who despite the projection that they themselves are tight knit in not sweating the small stuff, actually are voicing this because they themselves are the ones that can't emotionally compensate when the slightest deviation in their own dreamed paradise comes into play, and worse so, when they so much as have to see that it's in writing anywhere in their line of site on the internet. The irony and double standards are gross to the say the least. Conversations go where they need to, and every user is entitled to discuss what interests them and not to have to reserve every thought with the exception of those that cater to specific users. The whole reason for being on an open online forum is to talk about everything.

@Billy_Batson subject: Only curious as usually but is this a form of joke or for real? Personally the most I know of him is very little as he doesn't seem to post anything at all when he does, especially in the way he of opinion, and always seemed nonthreatening to me and easy going.

@progenitor said:

Bullying? Personal attacks? LOL@ people. I swear, sometimes it seems like the general public is nothing but a pack of wolves. Anyone targeting anyone else online or on Comic Vine simply needs to come to terms with themselves and the problems they most likely have, yet haven't dealt with. Treat others the way you wish to be treated, bottom line.

Best answer. Consider another notch of grand in my opinion.

That's what I got, back to thinking up more inappropriate sexual innuendo's and bad puns to post around the Vine. Just some things to join me in thinking about if you want to, or if not, well don't.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ARMIV2

Can't say I haven't seen anything different. In the past two days I've received some very nasty messages from people I've never even heard of who are talking about other people.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jrock85

@jhazzroucher said:

nobody has replied to me yet. I think it happens but in CBR, just sometimes.

There are some people on the CBR forums that will wish you eternal damnation if you say anything unflattering about Mike Carey's run on "Legacy".

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Primmaster64

I barely post in threads anymore

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Magian

@Primmaster64 said:

I barely post in threads anymore

You should more often.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Primmaster64
@ComicMan24: I'm barely here as it is.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Magian

@Primmaster64:True :(

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Chaos Prime

Keep the faith!! CV is still a great place to be with the majority of folk here being mature enough to cope/Debate with these Keyboard warriors & im talking about the one post sexist idiots we had here a few days back..

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By utotheg38

lol the vine went through civil war and secret invasion, Now comes the siege!

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Primmaster64
@utotheg38: We have to hit a blonde dude with a hammer.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@texasdeathmatch said:

Yeah, and I notice a lot of users attacking others on an insanely personal level, its getting sad and creepy. Then again, I think everything is falling apart all together. People are just growing more irritable and unsatisfied with their lives. I see it in traffic, with family, and significant others. What this world needs is a zombie outbreak...like right now. So people can appreciate what they took for granted their entire lives.

........................................Why couldn't you have just said "Weed" like the rest of us?

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@White Mage: Haha I guess that would work too.