Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Surkit

A PETITION AGAINST SPECIFIC REBOOTS IN THE COMICVINE FORUMS

A lot of members of the site who have been here since before the update a few weeks back know that a lot of changes have been made, some good, some bad. I'm not trying to give a comic book style speech, I'm being serious for a minute.

The site has multiple changes that a lot of us can agree didn't need to happen. I'm not saying, 'Bring back old CV' I'm saying some specific changes should be rolled back. For example

Having the Quote, reply, and flag buttons on the top of the post makes it easy to flag someone on the first page of a thread. I've flagged at least twenty people in three days, and I'll most likely flag a couple more before bed.

The alignment colors. Now their highlighted names in green, blue, and red, and Neutral is just black lettering. Come on now. Old CV had colored bars gapping the posts, it individualized things more. I'm usually on the rpg board, and anybody who chills around rpg knows the color bars can be a big deal for story reasons.

I don't think it's a lot to ask for to change. But I think it'll stay that way if we don't make an effort to show it's not what the users want

All you've gotta do is post you agree with me if you do and if you want put a reason why. Maybe we can get things to a way that we can at least be settle with

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InnerSuperman

FUC* THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DOWN WITH LAW DOWN WITH ORDER!!!

but really i dont mind the changes much now.

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt this will do anything, but I'll bite.

What I am really missing is that thingy at the top of the screen you could mouse over and see which folks you were following were online. Having to mouse over each av individually is kinda like trying to use an ATM that only distributes $1 bills, and only gives you one per transaction.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too miss the ability to see which of my friends were online at a glance. That seems to be a glaring omission in a socially focused website.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Fix the karma system. I abstain from flagging completely because if I do, I can't post until I contact a mod. I get that, previously, you couldn't flag until your karma was reset, but now the system outright punishes people for trying to help. This is quite counter productive.

Also, the mod / staff bar should be beneath the avatar.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By turoksonofstone

It was a revamp not a reboot.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

I too miss the ability to see which of my friends were online at a glance. That seems to be a glaring omission in a socially focused website.

I agree. And it makes it annoying when I am trying to contact a moderator. I usually prefer to contact those I know are online.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The online/moderator/staff icon should be below the avatar. There is already too much stuff on the actual post area and that just makes it more crowded.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would like to see it be made easier to see other people's reviews again. Also would like to see video embed come back to writing reviews.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Yeah, overall I feel this revamp has gone backwards more than it has progressed from the previous layout. I don't like not being able to tell who I'm following is online, the location of the mod/staff bar is weird, it's too easy to accidentally flag posts (I'm glad we can at least take back the flags we make, though), and there are some other things that I can't think of at the moment.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

An internet petition.

You're serious.

No Caption Provided

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadite

I love that we can edit thread titles now. With that said, yes, there're changes I'd like to see happen, (: the colored gate the OP talked about is one.

The image gallery needs to be easier with categorizing images, if I want to tag an image to a different category in my gallery, as of now, I'd be sent back to the top after tagging an image, leaving me to look through thousand of images from square one, and I'll have to re-click on Edit Tag to submit each tag individually.

This one is a minor issue- I like to refresh a page after I post, the scroll will automatically go back to the first post on the page. On the old CV, I won't have to scroll back down to see if someone already posted, there'd be a name indicating the latest poster in the thread, the indicator was always at the top.

And to be able to write things underneath the image would be nice, like the old days.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I think it is important to put these in the right place. No one is going to see these here in the OTF

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

omg where should I start...

Before the 'superhuman upgrade' I was able to get on at work, now with this 'upgrade' I can't post ANYTHING on the site. I mean... ok I can post but they come out like this

It's blank, nothing is there and I've had mod/staff try to help me out with it, with no success I've been on this site for five years and I can, this is my biggest problem with the site.

Bars- I never appreciated the bars until now, they helped separate posts and make the forums (IMO) look less crowded. I say bring those bars back.

See, separation, and you can actually tell what color is suppose to be there!

Where as here, all you have is a little, thin, barely visible gray line separating posts. However I will admit, I like how it shows how long ago the post was on the top, rather than the bottom of the post... idk why... just do.

Can you see what I mean?

Image system- it's more difficult to use, it's not user friendly and the tagging system only works SOMETIMES.

Who's online?- I would like to be able to see who's actually online. I feel like half the time I'm alone online and disconnected :(

Oh and this little thing

is suppose to replace this?

Come on guys, that's a back step what you just did. Also, move where it say's 'Mod' in that tiny corner of the post and put it back under the avatar, it looked better there and it made sense.

Also the 'flag' thing... I know I've flagged about ten people by accident. I think it was a bad idea to put it RIGHT next to the quote button >_> just saying...

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"change we need"

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#18  Edited By RazzaTazz

@surkit said:

@razzatazz said:

I think it is important to put these in the right place. No one is going to see these here in the OTF

Agree.

@mercy_@ellie_knightfall@the_last_arashikage Can I get this moved to Gen Dis?

The problem is that this doesnt belong in Gen Discussion, it belongs in Editing and Tools, but there is already a pinned thread there for "How to Improve Comic Vine"

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I miss the online drop-down thing. Give me that and I happy.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deadite

I noticed when I log-off my account and Log-in with my RPG account, I'm sent back to the main page, which is not where I want to be

I think this could be a bit annoying for users that had to log into their RPG account frequently since they'd be back to the main page all the time.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I'm being a daisy downer but the new CV sucks. You can't tell whose online. I can't quote or even tag people from my phone. And not being able to copy/paste images is dumb.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I have my own complaints (video, lists, and images), but it won't matter. Most of the people in this site are trolls and the mods have enough problems in their hands.

But seriously Comic Vine, if you're going to change something, do it right. This is the QFT

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@jedixman said:

Fix the karma system. I abstain from flagging completely because if I do, I can't post until I contact a mod. I get that, previously, you couldn't flag until your karma was reset, but now the system outright punishes people for trying to help. This is quite counter productive.

Also, the mod / staff bar should be beneath the avatar.

This.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Agree with every single word.You just got a follow.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm down. I miss the old layout. But whatever.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the new site sucks the big one.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

I would like to see it be made easier to see other people's reviews again.

Agreed.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#28 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Sorry, man I see your point but all I am hearing is WAAAAAAH!! It is not gonna go back to how it was, no matter how much we complain, so why not just get over it and move on? O_O

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

What she said^

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Samimista

@bumpyboo said:

Sorry, man I see your point but all I am hearing is WAAAAAAH!! It is not gonna go back to how it was, no matter how much we complain, so why not just get over it and move on? O_O

Well said dear. I do think it's slightly ridiculous that some people may of left due to the changes. Personally? I come on this site to chat with everyone and to hangout so nothing could keep me away from here. Besides, I'm loving the new layout. It's totally rocking it. =D xD