Comicvine Cooks: Stories, Recipes, and Tips

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

I'm a bit of a domesticated home maker... LOL...I like to clean and cook, all of the things a good ole' 50's house wife would be great at...  

I've noticed that there are a lot of food related threads around here, so I decided to make this one to share food stories and recipes... 

I for the first time have made Braised Chuck Roast..YAY

Recipe Ingridients 

7 portions of chuck steak (thawed completely)  
1 tbls Red Chilli flakes 
1 1/2 tbls Dried Parsley  
3 to 4 tbls of Onion Powder/ or 1 1/2 Onion  
3 tbls salt 
1 tbls ground black pepper 
    Optional ingredients: As I had none of these ingredients...but would have used them if I had them... You should use what is called a Holy Trinity: (Carrot, Celery, and Onion) Chop finely and allow to soften before or after you've browned meat. 

Process of cooking 
 Get a pan that is big enough (preferably with a fitting lid, if not, aluminum foil is perfectly usable, just make sure you cover it tightly)
Sear meat on all sides (both sizes if in steak form) should be a deep brown color. Remove from pan.  
Throw away oil 
Add more oil, soften veggies 
Add seasonings (Crush the chilli flakes between your hands to release the flavor) 
Nestle meat back into pot 
Cover with water. 

Turn oven to 500 or highest setting) and allow to get hot 
Once oven has preheated for about 5 to 10 minutes place lidded pot into oven, (rack placement is important, if needed lower to the lowest placement in the oven) 
Turn oven down to 200  
Leave covered for 5 to 6 hours, last hour or so take lit off. 
When meat is tender and falls apart, it is ready. 

This recipe takes a LONG time to cook... And yes the meat will be cooked all the way through, but the process of braising allows the meat to seize up and then let loose.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ebbm

I like to cook too. But don't have any of my own recipes, usually just go on foodnetwork.com lol

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By fbdarkangel