Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably not the only one with this thought/question but why can't Marvel just bring their series' out once a month and especially when they are priced at $3.99. I mean DC Comics manage to bring most if not all of their series' out only once a month with only 3 series' from The New 52 being priced at $3.99 to start with. Other companies like Image manage to bring their series out only once a mount also with most of their series being priced $2.99 so why can't Marvel.

Take The Amazing Spider-Man for instance issue 696 came out 24 October three weeks later issue 697 is out and one week after that issue 698 (this week) is out. I know that AMS is coming to it's grand conclusion in issue 700 but does it need to have one issue out a week after the previous. It's not the only one Marvel NOW! series like Iron Man are having issues out just two weeks apart. I don't want to seem like a moan but especially the higher priced ones should be once a month.

Comment your thoughts about this subject

#1 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Good blog post! Yes I agree with you if they were all monthly I would probably buy more books but I can't I will manage a few more with Marvel Now but not many.

#2 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232: Yeah I've had to cancel a few as they come out twice a month so I can get a newer series which is out once a month

#3 Posted by sourcebreaker (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why Marvel has to make ALL their comics $3.99. They're one of the the big two .At least DC has respect for their costumers on that level. What are the $3.99 comics of DC?

#4 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@sourcebreaker said:

I don't get why Marvel has to make ALL their comics $3.99. They're one of the the big two .At least DC has respect for their costumers on that level. What are the $3.99 comics of DC?

The $3.99 comics at DC are Action Comics, Detective Comics and Batman besides some non New 52 comics. I don't know why they have to make most of them $3.99, and I hate when things become popular they go up to that. I do understand it from a business side but they have to remember that if they want people to buy multiple series' they have to either reduce price, have them only once a month or both.

#5 Posted by tomlikesfries (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree. Double shipping sucks, and so does the new Iron Man series.

Oh, btw, I think Justice League is also $3.99, due to the Shazam back-up.

#6 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries: That it is, forgot about that one, thanks for reminding me. Besides that it's still only 4 out of 52 at $3.99

#7 Posted by Lvenger (18465 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't overly mind it if the quality is good like the Amazing Spider-Man is of excellent quality. But I also wouldn't mind ASM coming out once a month so I could vary up my pull list by a title or so. But in the case of ASM or Superior Spider-Man, I don't mind. Slott's a brilliant writer and I trust in the stories he writes. Plus I think they're worthy of the extra place and cash in my pull list.