Comic Viners - What is your vote for my next tatoo?

ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArachKnight

Hello Comic Vine!

I know many of you have tatoos and many of you do not - but I still am curious to know your opinion! recently I have just had my third Tatoo. I got a little design which is, I guess, more or less and artistic take on my initials. It's a red "J A"  with a black border but the A is actually a star at the top of my back just below the neckline. Anywho this is my third tattoo. My 2nd is my super hero tattoo which is a red Spider-man 3 style spider on my right shoulder. My first tatoo is about the size of a tennis ball. It stars  2 inches to the right of my navel and goes kinda into the top of the "V" area . It's a Pentogram. No! I am not a devil worshiper. It's actually the design from one of my favorite movies of all time - Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow" - (Ya know - the "circle of protection symbol" Katrina draws in the church attack scene - did I mention this was my first Tattoo?)  - I actually am glad I got it because of all the things I have learned about symbolism and such through it.  I am looking to get another tattoo. Something for my left shoulder (ah tattoos and potato chips - it's so hard to get just one)... Here are some of the things I have been thinking of  - Tell me what you think!! Which of these ideas below is your favorite?

1 - I am a dinosaur fanatic - My favorite is either Allosaurus or Arcanthrosaurus. I have been thinking of doing the skull of one of these awesome dinosaurs.

2 - I have thought since my right shoulder is the red spider-man 3 spider that my left shoulder should be a spider-symbol as well. Not the same design but maybe the old style oval kinda spider that is on the back of the "older" spider-man outfit.  I have also thought about getting the actual "spider-symbol' design - ya know - the circle with the eyes and web -face?

My only dilema with these is that I am not as much of a Spider-man Fan anymore. Like many comic book fans who got a bad taste in their mouth from OMD, I don't buy the comics very often. I bought "new ways to die" but any of the other storylines have yet to really impress me.  I know some of you die hards are now calling I laser off my first Spidey tat - Sorry.

3 - I have also thought of getting the classic Venom symbol on this shoulder - either the movie one from Spider-man 3 or the old school one. But I kinda hesitate on this as well (see reasons above)

4 - I really like Wonder Woman now -however getting a strong Wonder Woman tattoo in today's society without it  being considerd overly efeminate is well a bit of a challenge.

5 - Can't think of any really masculine Birds of Prey tattoos either.

6 - I LOVE Tim Burton and The Nightmare Before Christmas - Been thinking of getting Either a Jack Skellington or a Victor or an emily.

7 - I  am also kindof a pinup fanatic - I think a great one would be a Bettie page influenced girl in a 50's style housedress....holding an axe behing her back.

Well Those are the one I have been considering.... What do you think?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sherlock

1 Dinosaurs skulls are kinda cliche lots of people get them

2 IDK if your not inot right now no sense in really getting it

3Venom one would be cool though id get the comic version instead of the movie

4No its not just have her wearig very little and no one will say its efeminate

5 Also a cliche because again everyone gets those

6 I think the characters from NMBC would be better than CB in CB i didnt have any characters that i really liked just my opinion though

7 That would be pretty epic

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Get a tattoo of my face.

ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArachKnight
@Darkseid Elite:
K - I will put that on the bottom of my foot and you will be saying how you are "Rick James bit##,ha ha"
Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Baron_Emo

Bettie Page style. FTW.  

I dunno what I want next. I'm thinking of a sexy Harley Quinn image. Or maybe Jessica Rabbit.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Psyentist

Tim Burton! (Well, I'm partial since people call me the Corpse Bride. :P)

ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArachKnight
@Baron_Emo:
K - Speaking of Harley Quinn. At my local shop one time this nice Lesbian Couple came in. Now these were not the kinda lesbians where one or both dress alot like boys, but more like Tatu where the are both really kinda hot. I only mention that because someone would wanna know. ANYWAY - one of these girls was wearing a spagheti strap tank top and you could see that see had her enitre back done in a full color tatoo. The Image? - Full color Harley Quinn and Poisen Ivy making out. The Nerd in me was like "No WAY! Poisen Ivy would NEVER kill Harley like that!" - Shamefully  - the Boy in me kept looking and looking and looking..........
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I saw this tattoo and I loved you should get this one

No Caption Provided
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By goldenshot80
@haydenclaireheroes said:
" I saw this tattoo and I loved you should get this one
No Caption Provided
"
Whoooaa lol
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp
@goldenshot80 said:
" @haydenclaireheroes said:
" I saw this tattoo and I loved you should get this one

"
Whoooaa lol "

Exactly my reaction
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of the ones you listed, I'd easily go with the pin up girl. But how about a pinup style comic book heroine?  

But whatever you do, don't get jack skellington, that's way overdone. 

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

If you decide to get Venom please for the love of God don't get the movie version.

Dude sounds like a Velociraptor.

@ViciousCesar! said:
" Of the ones you listed, I'd easily go with the pin up girl. But how about a pinup style comic book heroine?    But whatever you do, don't get jack skellington, that's way overdone.  "

Ooooooh!. That's a great idea.. But who to get......