• 73 results
Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Comic Vine vs YouTube (Which community is better) (77 votes)

Comic Vine 91%
YouTube 5%

Which website has the better community (I.e. less troll, nicer people, more friendly, etc).

P.S. I know both website are not the same and this has probably been already been done before so if it is just let me know and I wanted to make this poll because I'm curious what you guys think which website has the better community.

#51 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

Youtube is hilarious. Comicvine has the better community simply because Youtube's is sooooooo bad it borders on genius.

#52 Posted by cameron83 (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaccine said:

Youtube makes me lose faith in humanity every single time that I read the comments section. :ohgawdwhy:

this completely

#53 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Youtubes not a community its like 95% Anti Gay Comments, Comments about supporting a band on someone elses page,Trolls (Usually Flame Trolls, spam, and angry ddisillusionwed fights between people.

The other 5 % Is people saying they like the music/video

CV is a community because people speak to ech other over topics and stay connected

This by a mile.

#54 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

I am guessing the results would have been significantly different had it been posted someone on Youtube.

As it stands, Comic Vine has better interface built to interact with the users than You Tube, and its consistently with the purpose of creation of both sites.

#55 Posted by WarBlade539 (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna know who the hell voted for YouTube.

#56 Posted by JwwProd (10324 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

Youtube is hilarious. Comicvine has the better community simply because Youtube's is sooooooo bad it borders on genius.

LOL!

#57 Posted by RogueShadow (11612 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine by a damn mile . Youtube's great for watching vieos and stuf, but I don't have anything even akin to a discussion with anyone, or feel I have any kind of place on there, it's just an exponentially growing slushpile of horse sh*t.

#58 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19564 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, making a poll about this on comicvine is the best way to get the answer :p

#59 Posted by JwwProd (10324 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: @strider92: I just wanted bump this thread again becasue I just found out that I got a comment from someone replying to my comment on the Curbstomp Song video were I said:

"Godzilla, Gamera, King Ghidorah and Gyaos vs Galactus, Anti-Monitor, Imperiex and Dormammu.

Now thats more than a curbstomp."

and heres what he said to me:

Yea this pretty much sums up YouTube's community all together.................

#60 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19564 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod: omnipotent power destroying cities! of course anti-monitor has no answer to that! What could possibly be wrong with his point?

#61 Posted by JwwProd (10324 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@jwwprod: omnipotent power destroying cities! of course anti-monitor has no answer to that! What could possibly be wrong with his point?

Yea I agree!!!!!! I mean as that guy said Godzilla's atomic breath is as hot as the sun!!!!!!!! Anti-Monitor is absolutely nothing to the sun!!!!!!!!!

And I agree with him at Godzilla would beat everyone in both DC and Marvel! including guys like the Living Tribunal!!!!!!!!

#62 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26221 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod said:

@princearagorn1: @strider92: I just wanted bump this thread again becasue I just found out that I got a comment from someone replying to my comment on the Curbstomp Song video were I said:

"Godzilla, Gamera, King Ghidorah and Gyaos vs Galactus, Anti-Monitor, Imperiex and Dormammu.

I think my IQ score just dropped 50 points.

#63 Posted by JwwProd (10324 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod said:

I think my IQ score just dropped 50 points.

I know what you mean..............

#64 Posted by superstay (10451 posts) - - Show Bio

Who voted for YouTube?

These are some common things people say on YouTube:

This video sucks

F*** you

Crappy video

If I posted the other things people said I would probably get kicked off Comic Vine.

When on Comic Vine, everyone is nice to me and I never saw any nasty posts.

-$NG

Same thing I'm thinking

YouTube is filled with Meanies who quickly spit hate at the slightest sign of someone disagreeing with them/or whatever they like...

d?_?b

#65 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine because there are no white power racists.

#66 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (5863 posts) - - Show Bio

The Comical Vineyard.

#67 Posted by Perethorn (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

CV. This is more CURBSTOMP than the fight commented above.

#68 Edited by Gambit474 (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@thecheesestabber said:

Youtubes not a community its like 95% Anti Gay Comments, Comments about supporting a band on someone elses page,Trolls (Usually Flame Trolls, spam, and angry ddisillusionwed fights between people.

The other 5 % Is people saying they like the music/video

CV is a community because people speak to ech other over topics and stay connected

completely this.

95 percent of the community is full of bigoted irrational fools.

If they're not racist,homophobic,sexist or persecuting the religious (and non-religious in other cases),they are just judging others. Fact remains that they're irrational and ignorant. It's what caused me to stop going on Youtube all together.

They're one of the many reasons why I've given up hope on humanity in general.

Depends on what the "anti-gay" comments are..There's nothing wrong with someone being against homosexuality,as it is perfectly fine for them to stand up against what they don't believe in,however yes a majority on there do say it in a negative way. What rather ruins YT for me is fools who think their opinions are equal to facts or that no one's allowed to disagree with them..Saw some guy on a music video just the other day proclaiming how much he thought the artist sucked even though this same artist has been pretty successful. His reasoning was something about "If I can just enlighten even one person to stop listening to this crap"..Yeah typical youtube community

Anyways I've had a few actually good conversations with some people on YT(yes unfathomable I know)but YT lacks because it has little to no moderation on it. CV does but eh..Depends on which forum you post in. Some have more controversial subjects then others..But CV is definitely the better community.

#69 Edited by EpicTayMan (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

CV curbstomps_ YouTube Users are so mean and judgmental. CV Users "Are. So calm and nice #Curbstomp_

#70 Posted by Jaymundo (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the people who frequently comment on YouTube can be considered a community, they are 99% idiots. I use YouTube a lot but I like to pretend the comments section doesn't exist.

#71 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

Who voted for YouTube?

These are some common things people say on YouTube:

This video sucks

F*** you

Crappy video

If I posted the other things people said I would probably get kicked off Comic Vine.

When on Comic Vine, everyone is nice to me and I never saw any nasty posts.

-$NG

Same thing I'm thinking

YouTube is filled with Meanies who quickly spit hate at the slightest sign of someone disagreeing with them/or whatever they like...

d?_?b

Exactly

-$NG

#72 Posted by Xwraith (20625 posts) - - Show Bio

YouTube doesn't even qualify as a community anymore.

#73 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1602 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a part of both the communities I'll have to say Comic Vine. YouTube has been great for letting me get stuff out there and meeting new people. In fact, I was actually successful in making a few nice internet friends on YouTube. One of them is even considering to joining Comic Vine. There are a few channels where it actually does seem to be kinda like Comic Vine (Comic Book Cast).

But like I said Comic Vine for the win because I see the same users time and again no matter where I go and I did make a some internet friends on here as well. Feels more like a community.