• 106 results
Posted by inferiorego (21213 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to another exciting week here at the Community Star Awards! Did you miss us? Well, it's only been a week, so you're going to have to learn how to be more patient. Today, we are honoring what I like to call an original viner, since he's been here for quite a few years. On top of that, he recently moved on from regular, everyday user to become a moderator for the site. Please, sit back in your chairs and give a roaring round of applause, which he will not be able to hear, for Vance Astro!

In the Comic Vine Blog-O-Sphere World, Vance Astro wrote quite a few blogs, in his time here, and I've picked out a few you all may enjoy. Back in May of 2008, Vance Astro wrote his first blog for the site called, "Skrull Theory." It all ties into Marvel's Secret Invasion a few years back. Were Vance's theories correct? Read on to find out!

Last larger blog that Vance wrote was a little over a year ago and it's another great theory piece on who will be on the Avengers and what the Heroic Age will consist of. He also has a list for his ideal members of the Avengers. Check it out in "Astrovik Report: Thoughts on the Avengers."

Aside from the many, many blogs Vance has written for the site, anyone visited the Daredevil page? Well, Vance Astro has over 41,000 points on that page. Forty-one THOUSAND! The page is incredibly well-written and split into sections. If you need to know anything about Daredevil, it's probably on that page and you can thank Vance Astro for the majority of that work.

We're doing a new thing here on the Community Star. Each week, we'll be interviewing the winner in a hard-hitting Barbara Walters-esque interview. This week, I really take Vance Astro's nose to the grindstone and find out some very interesting and controversial information.

Here we have Vance Astro, the winner of this week's Community Star award. Vance, thank you for being here today. How does it feel to win this award?

InferiorEgo: Hello Vance! It's wonderful having you here today to answer my hard-hitting questions. Now Vance, you've been on this site for quite sometime. How does it feel to win this award?

Vance Astro: I couldn't have done it without my lord and savior, Ororo Monroe. RAINDROPS UNITE!

IE: A Storm fan I see. Very interesting. You've more recently become a moderator of the site. How soon do you predict the power to go to your head?

VA: We'll just pretend it already hasn't.

IE: I better steer away before the banhammer falls squarely upon my lap. You've been on this site for quite sometime. What is your favorite memory from your time here at the Vine?

VA: My favorite memory on the vine would have to be Marvel vs. Capcom 2 avatar week. Me [and] a few people decided to wear them and then it was a trend for like a week and then we switched to something else.

IE: Not only a Community Star winner, but also a trend-setter. Vance, the first .5/5 star book you reviewed was Dark Reign-M.O.D.O.K #1 and that was back in Oct of 2009. Do you still feel that strongly about the book?

VA: This is by far the worst and most pointless tie-in i've ever read. If Marvel wants to try and make something for the kids..keep it out of Dark Reign.

IE: Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to... um... agree. You are a bit of a Marvel fan, and you have over 40,000 points on the DareDevil page. Is there any other character you know that much about or are you just super-into DD?

VA: I think there are alot of characters that I could have the same amount of points for. I made it my duty to get Daredevil done right though because being my favorite character I didn't like what I was seeing information wise on his page.

IE: It's nice to see that amount of dedication and attention to detail put into that page, and we all thank you for it. Now that you've won the award, what do you plan on doing now?

VA: I'm going to go buy some rims to increase my street cred. Also be on the look out for my fragrance it's called "SLAUGHTERHOUSE".

IE: I always said the way to a woman's heart is through nice rims, as long as they're not spinnin' rims. You have one minute left before the plane you're on explodes... what do you do?

VA: [S]cream the lyrics to the theme from Good Times.

IE: Ain't we lucky we got them? Thanks for your time, Vance!

Give your congrats and cheers to viner Vance Astro for all of his hard work, over the years, on the vine! We'll see you guys next week! Be sure to get your votes in on Tuesdays now! You'll see a voting thread up then!

Staff
#1 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY. CONGRATS.
BB

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

It's party time! 

#3 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

:D Bout time!!!!

#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Congrats, Vance! :)
#5 Edited by k4tzm4n (36393 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Vance won? Awesome.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by King Saturn (223790 posts) - - Show Bio
Very Nice... Congrats Vance Astro  !
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats, Vance Astro.

#8 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Holy sh*t, Vance won? Awesome.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no! Vance Astro is taking over the internet! Everybody, run for cover!!!

(Congratulations, VA :)

#10 Posted by mikethekiller (8301 posts) - - Show Bio

The rise of Vance Astro

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37294 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratz Vance.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well deserved!

#13 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

Huzzah

#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

RAINDROPS, ALL DAY.

#15 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance you deserve it!!!

#16 Edited by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL SHALL LOVE YOU IN DESPAIR, ASTRO.

#17 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8127 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations Vance!!

#18 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

well deserved, vance!!! congratulations.

#19 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy said:

RAINDROPS, ALL DAY.

Get the fck outta here.

As a side-note, congrats Vance :D Glad I only had to post the votes for you for two weeks before everybody caught on to how much you deserved this.

#20 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23139 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Dude!!!!

#21 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Job!!!

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:
It's party time! 

Oh yea!!
#23 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Job! THANKS for all your community contributions!

Congratulations!!!

#24 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice....very nice...

#25 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Honor_Finesse said:

@iLLituracy said:

RAINDROPS, ALL DAY.

Get the fck outta here.

As a side-note, congrats Vance :D Glad I only had to post the votes for you for two weeks before everybody caught on to how much you deserved this.

Flagged for Raindrop hate.

#26 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Vance , job well done.

#27 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a long time coming. Congratulations Vance on Becoming a Community Star and a Mod. Well done sir.

#28 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats! :)

#29 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Honor_Finesse said:

@iLLituracy said:

RAINDROPS, ALL DAY.

Get the fck outta here.

Raindrops get it poppin...you ain't know, it's ok.Thanks for voting for me.
#30 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Vance.

#31 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations :D

#32 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! :)

#33 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Tell me what they gave you to get you to join their side...

Did they blackmail you Vance? It's okay, there's no shame in it if it isn't of your own volition.

And you're most welcome :)

@iLLituracy said:

@Honor_Finesse said:

@iLLituracy said:

RAINDROPS, ALL DAY.

Get the fck outta here.

Flagged for Raindrop hate.

Flagged for being....you.

Also, flagged for unnecessary flagging

/hypocrisy

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Halle Romanova said:

Did they blackmail you Vance? It's okay, there's no shame in it if it isn't of your own volition.

They came to my house with those pamphlets like Jehova's witnesses and then I realized that unless I take the lord, Ororo Monroe as my savior...my life isn't complete.
#36 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Halle Romanova said:

They came to my house with those pamphlets like Jehova's witnesses and then I realized that unless I take the lord, Ororo Monroe as my savior...my life isn't complete.

It's okay, Vance. There's still time! Just come with me and we'll get you the help you need and straight into a behavior modification class.

#37 Posted by MrDirector786 (43390 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations Vance!

#38 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Vance.

Raindrops Uniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!

#39 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

yessss!!!

#40 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats

#41 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work, Vance!

#42 Posted by The Impersonator (4979 posts) - - Show Bio

CONGRATS!

#43 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Vance Astro! :D

#44 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations Vance, but really more than that, thank you for all you do. Cheers boss. *smile*

#45 Posted by The Mast (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats.

As long as nobody wants to know Bullseye's first appearance, that page is pretty good. Granted, he's only one issue off, but you know...if 40,000 points and an error in the debut of his greatest villain? Odd. Anyway, edited accordingly.

#46 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance is a Raindrop?

#47 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
.....   Vance is a Raindrop?
Aren't we all Raindrops in a way?
#48 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Right on man!

#50 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said: