#1 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about your favorite Comedians, top 3, most hated, mourn our lost, or show us someone new.

My #1 in the hall of legends will always be this man

This man is the one that got me into stand up. He wasnt like most black comedians who relied to much on black jokes. I love and respect the man for giving the finger to Hollywood but that shouldn't mean to leave us cold and dry with no new jokes. His returns is most likely second most desired after Jesus, Baby come back.

Now my top 3 list

1# Todd Barry- Im so jaded that I need someone with a his delivery to make me laugh, I never see his jokes coming and he keeps me on edge, he's second behind in the Legends catogory but first right now because he's still putting stuff out. Ive heard all three of his specials and couldnt stop laughing.

2# Jim Gaffigan- Now I wasnt busting out laughing on his Mr Universe disc but I did like it but prefer his earlier stuff. A comedian who is lazy is someone I can really connect too,

3#TESD- Now not technically a singular comedian but a comedy Podcast. Tell Em Steve Dave, or as you know them Bryan and Walt form Comic Book men and Q from Impractical Jokers, These dudes are just your average dudes talking sh!+, busting on Ming and Walt always being the much needed "I told you so" attitude to counter Q and Bryan's shenanigans. I think they deserve to be in the top cus they are putting stuff out there more and making me laugh till it hurts.

Honorable mentions- Todd Glass, Josh Sneed, Gerry Dee

Stand up I hate

The "great" George Carlin- I thought he was over rated, did no laugh during his famous 7 cus words joke and thought by the end he got too preachy about subjects, you can even hear the crowd try to fake the chuckles.

Fat Comedians who do Fat Jokes... A LOT

Comedians who are too peppy and repeat phrases that they think are funny

Atheist Comedians who's big joke is just to say religion is stupid, if you're going to rip on religion, at least be funny. Im looking at you Anthony Jeselnik.

George Lopez- I get it your Mexican, now stop embarrassing us.

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite

• Dan Cummins (this guy reminds me of a friend of mine in HS...so hilarious)
  • Louis CK (self-depricating humor taken from his life, super original work, very funny)
  • Patton Oswalt (the ultimate nerd / comedian. HILARIOUS)
  • John Caparulo (Meet Cap might be the single most funny album I've ever heard)

Things I don't like

• Colored comedians who only talk about race
  • girls who only talk about sex
  • Excessive swearing (I don't care if you swear, but if I'm watching comedy central and all i hear is BLEEP for 40 seconds out of every minute...just stop)
#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite

• Louis CK (self-depricating humor taken from his life, super original work, very funny)

Things I don't like

• Colored comedians who only talk about race
  • girls who only talk about sex
  • Excessive swearing (I don't care if you swear, but if I'm watching comedy central and all i hear is BLEEP for 40 seconds out of every minute...just stop)

Are you a time traveler from 1943?

#4 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Dave actually has some new stuff, check on Youtube.

#5 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

George Carlin, Louis CK, Bill Burr and Jim Jefferies are my current favorites

I actually find most comedians not funny at all and most just thrive on gimmicky BS. I suppose its all subjective though. For instance a lot of ethnic comedians just do jokes about race for half their set and its just stereotypical nonsense that anyone can come up with. A lot of women comedians are also notorious for just talking about relationships/men.

Good comedians: hard to find.

#6 Posted by judasnixon (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god Jim Jefferies is killing it right now........... Soooooooo F-ing funny....

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Hannibal Buress

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Roberts is a Pretty Funny Fellow...

#9 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I wasn't only talking about black comedians. And I was drunk last night so forgive the wording

Any comedian who only talks about their race for that matter, white, black, brown, purple, green, blue whatever. Its annoying if thats their only trick

#10 Edited by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris D' Elia is pretty funny

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I wasn't only talking about black comedians. And I was drunk last night so forgive the wording

Any comedian who only talks about their race for that matter, white, black, brown, purple, green, blue whatever. Its annoying if thats their only trick

Didn't say you were. I figured you meant all people who had melanin. And drunkness is not an excuse, it's a crutch. So nah.

#12 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

George Carlin, Louis CK,

These two. The former is one of the Gods of comedy and the latter is well on his way.

Also am I the only one who doesn't think Kevin Hart's stand up is good? I can't hate on his comedy writing for T.V. and movies but his stand up isn't that good to me.

#13 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Hannibal Buress

My favorite

Forgot those guys. Hannibal's might replace Jim Gaffigan from my list.

#14 Edited by Marshall_Long (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: His stand up is pretty bad I sat through like 30 minutes of Seriously Funny didn't even laugh one bit.

#15 Posted by Cooldes (4061 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Glover

Bo Burnham

#16 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people don't like him, and I completely understand why and can even agree with a lot of the reasons, but I just really like Anthony Jeselnik.

#17 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

•Dov Davidoff (Very underated comedian, but he is just great

•Hannibal Burress ( No doubt funnier than Kevin Hart by miles..also underatted)

•Jerry Seinfeld (The man is just a legend, I don't think I need to say much for him)

•Louis CK (One of the kings of edgy/gross humor)

•Gary Gulman (This guy is my favorite, every album he has is a masterpiece to me)

•OLD Dane Cook (Vicious Circle and everything before was my favorite just a much today a when I was a child)

•Joel Mchale (Most of you probably know him from community but I had a chance to see some of his early stand up and he was fantastic)

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23915 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Dave Chappelle, nuff said

2. Louis C.K

3. Jerry Seinfeld

4. Jim Gaffigan

#19 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Jefferies. Google him.

#20 Edited by superstay (9699 posts) - - Show Bio

d^_^b

#21 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8810 posts) - - Show Bio

George Carlin is my favorite.

#22 Posted by nobodyisemo (261 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Louis C.K.

2. Donald Glover

3. Kevin Hart

4. Mitch Hedberg

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (14966 posts) - - Show Bio

george lopez is my favorite comedian of all time.

#24 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

REALLY? Wow.

I mean...once upon his time he was OK. But lately all his damn specials are him repeating simliar phrases over and over and over and over.

Oh. And apparently he is a mexican.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

#25 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

George Carlin all time. Kevin Hart currently.

#26 Posted by russellmania77 (14966 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

REALLY? Wow.

I mean...once upon his time he was OK. But lately all his damn specials are him repeating simliar phrases over and over and over and over.

Oh. And apparently he is a mexican.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

racist

#27 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16512 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21624 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Dunham is pretty awesome.......

#29 Posted by russellmania77 (14966 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: 50% not good enough for you?

Either way. Its only racist if I treat Mexicans differently than anyone else. I don't.

I generally dislike everyone equally :)

#31 Posted by CuddleBear (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Carlin and Pryor are a gimme the OP needs to watch more and later carlin. Missing people In No Particular Order:

Dana Carvey

Eddie Murphy

Patrice O'neal

Norm Macdonald

Bill Cosby

Sam Kinison

#32 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Michael McIntyre
  • Aries Spears
  • Ralphie May
  • Julio Iglesias
#33 Posted by Samimista (20668 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Stephen Merchant! =D

#34 Posted by waezi2 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

Amin Jensen is my idol, and the man who made me want to become a comedian. He may not be the funniest, but he is a great showman and a brilliant musician. And there is just something really likable about this guy:)

#35 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

There was one woman comedian who actually said something funny and true,

#36 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

Donald Glover

Bo Burnham

both good

#37 Posted by Cooldes (4061 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7528 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Lewis Black
  • Bill Burr
  • Bernie Mac (RIP)
  • George Carlin
  • Steve Byrne

Although Lewis Black is my number one and had the funniest live show I'd ever been to I must admit one of the funniest comedy shows I have ever been to was Patrice O'Neal. It was a small crowd and he interacted with the crowd so much it was more like a conversation than a comedy show. It was great.

#40 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Dabee (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: You lost all credibility when you said George Carlin was overrated.

#42 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: The joke he's most famous for (7 curse words), is jut him cursing over and over again. Saying its harmonic, I didnt laugh.

#43 Posted by CuddleBear (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el comrade saying you are a fan of stand-up comedy and then saying you dont like george carlin is equal to being a guitar player and not liking jimi hendrix. i can see by the stand-up you like that you would love george carlin. judging him by the joke he got arrested for is not fair to him. george carlin evolved through-out his career from straight clean to hippy dirty to the best ever. go watch "You Are All Diseased" or "Life is Worth Losing" or his final special "It's Bad For Ya" and tell me you feel the same.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (30285 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't follow as many comedians as I should.

I do like Jeff Dunham, though. He has some good stuff.

#45 Posted by Cooldes (4061 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: it was donald glover's comedy special, i think comedy central

#46 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Oh yeah, listened to it on my phone. Guys shows potential. A bit to much acting (home depot joke) but thats just a personal pet peeve, Overall Good, not great but good, Solid B

#47 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: I came here looking for new comedians to listen to on spotify while I'm at work. THANK YOU for introducing me to Jim Jefferies. Wow, hardest I've ever laughed in a while. Lol.