#1  Edited By SandMan_
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ximpossibrux

It won't be long till the domino effect occurs in every other state.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna repost something said in thread similar too this, with the bold being the key point here.

Marijuana is still against the Federal Law. California passed similar legislation legalizing it for medicinal use, and people were still getting arrested and medical Marijuana shops raided by the feds. States can legalize it until they are blue in the face, it wont mean a thing until the Federal Government does the same.

My two cents tho, legal or illegal doesn't matter to me. I'ma still be toking.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

A. It's still illegal Federally.

B. There's going to be taxes up the tush worse or equal to anti-alcohol prohibition movements. (3 huge taxes on the stuff. 3!)-------> (Don't know if its only a California idea or its implemented elsewhere.)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I don't know why everyone is getting all happy. The government is probably going to throw addictive and harmful chemicals into it just like they did tobacco. You get addicted = more money.

Darn potheads.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xanni15

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I don't know why everyone is getting all happy. The government is probably going to throw addictive and harmful chemicals into it just like they did tobacco. You get addicted = more money.

Darn potheads.

The culture associated with it makes it addicting enough already, people have to be "cool" and blaze up and impress their friends.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

The government should focus more on all the great economical purposes that marijuana/hemp could do for us. How is the government going to tax marijuana when anyone can grow it? Why go to the gas station and buy a box of joints for God knows how much, when you can go to some guy and buy some cheaper? Or just grow your own?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

The government should focus more on all the great economical purposes that marijuana/hemp could do for us. How is the government going to tax marijuana when anyone can grow it? Why go to the gas station and buy a box of joints for God knows how much, when you can go to some guy and buy some cheaper? Or just grow your own?

Exaaactly.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpideyPresence

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Because people are lazy. Why does England buy tea when they can grow some?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By agent9149

They need to legalize it nation-wide to get rid of drug dealers, and prevent the countless urban youth (mostly minorities) from going to jail and having their lives thrown to the bottom of the barrel because of possessing it.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By minigunman123

@SpideyPresence said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Exaaaaactly. ;)

Also, I'm a Washingtonian, and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I personally don't care if people are silly and want to wreck their health doing drugs, but it seems like a very bad idea to legalize it. It's almost endorsing the behavior. What if they decide to legalize something harder, like cocaine? What if they legalize... I don't even know all the different drugs anymore. Why would anything be illegal, then, if we can legalize everything so long as people pay a fine? Makes me wonder about the path the country is headed on. It just worries me since there are several examples of countries that legalize these sorts of things, that appear to be better off for it, but there are examples that didn't turn out so well. I feel uneasy about the way the last couple of days have gone. Anyone else have any thoughts on these things?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Xanni15 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Darn potheads.

The culture associated with it makes it addicting enough already, people have to be "cool" and blaze up and impress their friends.

Honestly I don't see the appeal my friends who smoke act like complete dumb@sses and it makes you reek of weed. I only approve of marijuana use for people with cancer because I've seen it really help during treatments. Honestly weed just like cigarettes makes no sense to me, it has no benefits but damages your lungs.

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ComicKID777

@EnSabahNurX: Its great for pain least certain strains of it. My brother is a big pothead because he jacked his shoulder playing high school football then again in college at a practice an has very bad pain in it since. But only cause its a lot safer an a lot less addictive then popping himself full of pain meds.

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ComicKID777

@minigunman123: Well You are comparing weed to coke in which one is a natural an unaltered while the other has been cut over an over with gods knows what. More than two-thirds of the coke in the U.S has a flesh eating chemical it so kinda a bad comparison.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

How is the government going to tax marijuana when anyone can grow it? Why go to the gas station and buy a box of joints for God knows how much, when you can go to some guy and buy some cheaper? Or just grow your own?

The Federal Government still considers it illegal so how they'd tax it is pretty much a moot point. As far as anyone can grow it, I have a couple theories on that as well. One, Medical Marijuana shops/shops that sell weed under what they assume is state protection, offer varieties of weed you're unlikely to have access to (meaning the seeds), let alone the costly equipment it takes to cultivate the same high grade marijuana obtained at these shops. You can not simply take those types of seeds and toss em in some soil, add some water, and there ya go. Doesnt work like that. Now if you're okay with your below average to mid range marijuana then I'm sure a small lamp and some water will do you just fine. Otherwise that is exactly why someone would go and purchase it and happily pay the tax that went with it. Besides that it takes time. Do you wanna wait a few months or longer to blaze up or would you rather walk down the block to the nearest hemp store and be done with it?

Beyond that, like some others have posted, people are lazy. You could in theory grow your own veggies yet people still go to the store and pay taxes on something someone else grew rather then do it themselves.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@EnSabahNurX said:

@Xanni15 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Darn potheads.

Honestly I don't see the appeal my friends who smoke act like complete dumb@sses and it makes you reek of weed. I only approve of marijuana use for people with cancer because I've seen it really help during treatments. Honestly weed just like cigarettes makes no sense to me, it has no benefits but damages your lungs.

As someone who did actually smoke pot during a very depressing time, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By minigunman123

@ComicKID777 said:

@minigunman123: Well You are comparing weed to coke in which one is a natural an unaltered while the other has been cut over an over with gods knows what. More than two-thirds of the coke in the U.S has a flesh eating chemical it so kinda a bad comparison.

Not that bad of a comparison. They're both drugs, they both have adverse affects on the human body, they both used to be illegal, both can somewhat easily become addictive, both have withdrawal symptoms... They seem pretty similar to me.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`

The only way for anyone in Colorado, Washington, or California for that matter to protect themselves from the over reaching arm of the Federal government when it comes to pot is to elect county sheriffs who know their job and what their job entails. The county sheriff is considered the highest ranking law enforcement officer in his/her county, that even means out ranking any Federal agent or agency that steps into it. If the local sheriff tells the Fed to pound sand, there is nothing they can do. That is unless they want to start trouble with local law enforcement.

I wish I still had the link, but there are certainly many sheriffs in this country who believe legalization, of at least pot, would help reduce the burden on police forces and the jails and are seeking to make it legal in as many places as possible.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Xanni15

@EnSabahNurX said:

@Xanni15 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Darn potheads.

And I agree with you completely, and thankfully the number of people who actually need it for medicinal purposes isn't as high as those who use it for "medicinal purposes".

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SpideyPresence said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

That and people get arrested for growing it.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpideyPresence

@mrdecepticonleader said:

That and people get arrested for growing it.

Didn't know growing tea was illegal in England haha. But nonetheless point made.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Gambler said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

How is the government going to tax marijuana when anyone can grow it? Why go to the gas station and buy a box of joints for God knows how much, when you can go to some guy and buy some cheaper? Or just grow your own?

The Federal Government still considers it illegal so how they'd tax it is pretty much a moot point. As far as anyone can grow it, I have a couple theories on that as well. One, Medical Marijuana shops/shops that sell weed under what they assume is state protection, offer varieties of weed you're unlikely to have access to (meaning the seeds), let alone the costly equipment it takes to cultivate the same high grade marijuana obtained at these shops. You can not simply take those types of seeds and toss em in some soil, add some water, and there ya go. Doesnt work like that. Now if you're okay with your below average to mid range marijuana then I'm sure a small lamp and some water will do you just fine. Otherwise that is exactly why someone would go and purchase it and happily pay the tax that went with it. Besides that it takes time. Do you wanna wait a few months or longer to blaze up or would you rather walk down the block to the nearest hemp store and be done with it?

Beyond that, like some others have posted, people are lazy. You could in theory grow your own veggies yet people still go to the store and pay taxes on something someone else grew rather then do it themselves.

Great answer. But what about drug dealers? If they are still selling for cheap, wouldn't people just continue going to them? And don't you think the government will put all kinds of addictive and harmful chemicals into 'their' weed? Like I said earlier, you get addicted = more money.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Great answer. But what about drug dealers? If they are still selling for cheap, wouldn't people just continue going to them? And don't you think the government will put all kinds of addictive and harmful chemicals into 'their' weed? Like I said earlier, you get addicted = more money.

About the dealers I dont honestly know. One factor/deterrent could be strong penalties for dealers. For although the weed would be legal they would still be making an income that they were not paying taxes on (they put Capone away for awhile for tax evasion). Cost would be another. If the penalties for dealing are high enough and the dealers have to lower their prices down around the same as legalized distribution in order to compete then ideally the risk would so far outweigh the reward it wouldnt be worth it. How much profit will they still be making if forced to continually lower their prices.

As far as adding addictive substances I think thats a give in. Its already in our food, drinks, and legalized medicine, why would marijuana be any different :P

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By krilling

I'll move to Colorado...

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Matchstick

@Nova`Prime` said:

The only way for anyone in Colorado, Washington, or California for that matter to protect themselves from the over reaching arm of the Federal government when it comes to pot is to elect county sheriffs who know their job and what their job entails. The county sheriff is considered the highest ranking law enforcement officer in his/her county, that even means out ranking any Federal agent or agency that steps into it. If the local sheriff tells the Fed to pound sand, there is nothing they can do. That is unless they want to start trouble with local law enforcement.

I wish I still had the link, but there are certainly many sheriffs in this country who believe legalization, of at least pot, would help reduce the burden on police forces and the jails and are seeking to make it legal in as many places as possible.

They can also invoke the 10th amendment, which basically says powers not granted to the fed by the Constitution belong to the states by default.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By satyrgod

The US government has been staggeringly behind the learning curve (both in terms of public education vs. propaganda and underestimating the peoples' ability and willingness to think for themselves) since education/indoctrination became the norm. Eventually the people, as individuals and a species, will mature sufficiently to not believe everything they have been spoon-fed since birth. If we don't destroy ourselves first.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@Matchstick said:

They can also invoke the 10th amendment, which basically says powers not granted to the fed by the Constitution belong to the states by default.

Except the Federal government doesn't give a rip about the constitution... unless it benefits them.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By YoungJustice

Uh, people are lazy, but who do you think is supplying now.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Matchstick

@Nova`Prime` said:

@Matchstick said:

Except the Federal government doesn't give a rip about the constitution... unless it benefits them.

Doesn't matter, that still gives them enough mojo to fight it out with the feds in the supreme court.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By CainPanell

This just in! Doritos sales go through the roof in Colorado in Washington!

Icarus_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Icarus_Ashes

I wonder how you would enforce a law of driving under the influence, since pot stays in your system alot longer than alcohol, taking a drug test would show up positive even if you were sober at the time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

This is good news. Criminalizing the use of drugs is ridiculous, especially to the extent that it is punished now. It also keeps drug dealers off the streets.

It's a step in the right direction.

PS: Before anyone jumps down my throat: I do not nor have I done drugs.