collectible value

seizdismusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a comic book with some misprining in it. I would like to know will this hurt the value or increase the value of the book, because now it is more unique. And it isn't a few words it is a couple pages, sporactically through out.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

I have a comic book with some misprining in it. I would like to know will this hurt the value or increase the value of the book, because now it is more unique. And it isn't a few words it is a couple pages, sporactically through out.

It depends what comic book it is...........

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Not sure. I know that with action figure packaging errors they aren't worth anything yet some sellers tend to try and sell them as if they are when they are simply just factory errors.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BatWatch

In stamps, the more unique it is the more valuable it is. With comics, the more perfect it is the more valuable it is. Comic book collectors are not looking for oddities; they are looking for a comic that seems to have come fresh off the press in perfect printed condition, been handled delicately with gloved hands and been placed into a sealed climate controlled lock box where it stayed unaltered in glorious perfection until it is sold.

Of course, that's just the general rule. There are exceptions. I've heard of collectors being into oddities, but that's generally not the case.

If you search for comic book forums on Google, you'll come across a forum just dedicated to collectors. Might be worth asking them.