CM Punk Quits WWE

• 75 results
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

For all wrestling fans, this is the worst day of my markish life. Not really, I'm just really upset. Punk was one of the reasons I became a professional wrestler (well, in training) and to see him leave the company breaks my heart. Sources here on the site I co-run:

This is the breaking story

This is the follow up

Thoughts on this fans of wrestling?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@arturocalakayvee: From some things I read it sounds like he hasn't been happy for awhile. I can't say I blame him. Busting your butt for years only to see the WWE bring back former stars that only work part time (Rock, Batista, Lesnar) and get main event spots would burn my toast too. If he doesn't come back I hope he goes somewhere that will showcase him properly and allow me to see him in some more great matches.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not really much of a wrestling fan, but I was very entertained by the guy when he was in the ring. Sad to see him go.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: Yeah, there have been a lot of reports over the last year or so that Punk hasn't been happy and like you said, totally understandable. But the thing is, Punk has stated numerous times for years that when he leaves WWE, he leaves professional wrestling for good. If that turns out to be true, and Punk is usually a man of his word, it sucks that he left on such poor terms. Not just within WWE but in pro wrestling all together. And this seems like it's permanent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I'd be terribly disappointed if he retires altogether. I know he worked for TNA before but that place is such a mess I don't see him going there.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: Last I heard, he's not on too good of terms with TNA in the sense that he left the company in the early 2000's in favor of ROH after that whole debacle with TNA making their talent choose between the two + he's very vocal about how he doesn't like it there. So I don't think TNA is in his future unless something drastic happens and his mind changes (like Samoa Joe). I somewhat hope he makes a return to ROH especially since AJ Styles works there now, but that place is so different now too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah, the TNA thing just doesn't seem like it would work. The bad thing is there are some great potential matches he could have with the talent there.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PeppeyHare

Bummer, but I'm not very surprised. WWE managed to piss off an astonishing number of people this week. Hopefully we'll see him around somewhere eventually

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: To be honest, with the amount of talent TNA has and the "dream matches" I'd like to see with Punk involved, I can just go back to the ROH days of old and watch those matches with no restraints or censorship.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

When will WWE learn that the fans don't want the bulked up, meatheads anymore?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: To be honest, with the amount of talent TNA has and the "dream matches" I'd like to see with Punk involved, I can just go back to the ROH days of old and watch those matches with no restraints or censorship.

this is true.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good, it was a waste of his talent anyway. Back to OVW with the real wrestlers.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will WWE learn that the fans don't want the bulked up, meatheads anymore?

As much as I'd hate to admit it, never. With Triple H being under Vince's wing, the fall of "larger than life superstars" isn't going to happen, especially with Vince's new campaign trying to prove bulked up, meatheads will draw better than "vanilla midgets." It's one of the reasons why Batista is back. Just think about how much they've been screwing Daniel Bryan over and he's the arguably the most over superstar since Rock and Austin (I honestly think Daniel's more over than Cena ever was - or at least what I can remember). Punk leaving WWE won't damage the ego's of VKM and HHH and that's what sucks about this as Punk has been so dedicated to the company throughout all of the BS.

Good, it was a waste of his talent anyway. Back to OVW with the real wrestlers.

Punk a waste of talent? Not sure if trolling or just blind. -.-

And why OVW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that this isnt true or that vince does somethig to change his mind. Vince has been making a lot of people angry lately. Like daniel bryan. He is so over with the fans that even when a match is going on that he is not in the crowd will chant his name, like in the royal rumble and as soon as raw started. The crowd even booed when HHH talked about batista winning the rumble.

Vince is too stubborn to realize he is wron and stop forcing meatheads. For example, ryback was forced and is just another jobber now.

I, for one, think that punk should just be patient, let batista have his time as champion, and then work his butt off to get it back and be at the top again. But i understand him wanting to leave :(

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Honestly I gave up on wrestling about the time he came in, but that was mostly because of Cena being treated like the second coming of Hulk Hogan despite the fact he could barely wrestle and his character was just uninteresting to watch.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By dernman

If I still watched Wrestling or WWE I would be ecstatic. I've always hated the guy and he was one of the things that helped me come to the decision to give up watching.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I checked his twitter and this rumor is actually true based on his tweets

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmmm.... this could be a bit of a problem... it could lead to a possible domino effect... if The Beard goes too... then boy that would be something.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE just went a lot less entertaining.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where could CM Punk go though ? I mean he isn't on good terms with TNA is he ? So what other options are available ? ROH ?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TazzMission

@king_saturn said:

Where could CM Punk go though ? I mean he isn't on good terms with TNA is he ? So what other options are available ? ROH ?

theres more to it. it was reporded he had multiple injuries and he himself tweeted he is seeking retirement sooner than later a year ago

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um you do realize punk was in tna right? besides if tna is so good why is there biggest star sting signed with wwe?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

theres more to it. it was reporded he had multiple injuries and he himself tweeted he is seeking retirement sooner than later a year ago

Hmmmmm...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

CM Punk is like the only dude at WWE that I was even interested in

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TazzMission

@tazzmission said:

@king_saturn said:

Hmmmmm...

when i met him last year he had to sit and later on a week or 2 later he had some form of injury.

id also like to point out this should be a wake up call for wwe because if a guy like daniel bryan or ziggler decides to do the same and the usos man oh man wwe will be screwed

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:

@tazzmission said:

@king_saturn said:

Hmmmmm...

when i met him last year he had to sit and later on a week or 2 later he had some form of injury.

id also like to point out this should be a wake up call for wwe because if a guy like daniel bryan or ziggler decides to do the same and the usos man oh man wwe will be screwed

Yeah, if they all go away... it will be a serious problem.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

@king_saturn said:

@tazzmission said:

@king_saturn said:

Hmmmmm...

Yeah, if they all go away... it will be a serious problem.

on another forum people say hes spoiled but they also forget austin did the same thing when vince wanted him to have a fued with brock lesnar with no build up and simply job to him

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punk might come back eventually though

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casey Kulas of ESPN Cleveland ( @CaseyKulas ) noted on his Twitter that there he heard from sources at this past Monday's RAW in Cleveland that there was a heated exchange backstage between CM Punk and WWE staff.

According to Kulas, the clash had to do with Punk being diagnosed with a concussion. Punk was reportedly heard saying, "I passed all your damn concussion tests" and "I'm not going out and telling fans that BS."

Again, there are lots of stories going around as to why Punk left, so take this as a rumor for now.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

um you do realize punk was in tna right? besides if tna is so good why is there biggest star sting signed with wwe?

Uh, did you read anything I posted prior to that? Because I explicitly stated he was. Also, your comment is totally irrelevant to any comment I've made on this topic. When did I ever say TNA good?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I stopped watching WWE in earnest a long time ago, it just feels dull and repetitive now. I feel like I can predict everything that will happen.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been aware for this story, but I'm waiting for more conformation. If Punk is leaving, then while I agree he that things are not all right in the WWE, I stilll think him leaving because of his own issues, is somewhat unfair to the fans, and to wrestlers who consistently put in 100 percent, such as Dolph Ziggler, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd etc, and don't get anywhere near the amount of exposure he does. He even lampshaded this in a Promo he gave when he was heel about how Wrestling Talent was not recognized, and how R-Truth's imaginary friend was getting more time on Raw than most of the rest of the Roster.

If he's leaving as a response to protest, then I guess that this is more fair. Baptista coming back to win the rumble in which Byran wasn't even entered has got to be one of the most idiotic things WWE has ever done, and given how they have hastily put Byran in the Elimanition Chamber, it shows it actually wasn't a Work to intentionally p!ss of fans- espicially since if it was No 30 would have been Bad News Barrett (lol). I've said this before, Dave can't wrestle anymore, botches moves, and unlike The Rock, doesn't have anywhere near the mike skills that is needed to cover such mistakes up. He's not even a top tier actor. Him coming back and winning is a slap in the face to everyone who busts thier ass day in day out for most of the year on a full cycle.

If this story is true, then I expect it to coincide with a heel turn from @god_spawn................

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 SC  Moderator

@laflux said:

Bad News Barrett (lol).

Ladies and Gentleman, can I get some decorum please. Thank you very much for joining us this evening, but I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS. Bad news for WWE fans that is. CM Punk is gone and WWE won't care, they will just bring up the The Savior Of Misbehavior Corey Graves from NXT to replace him. Heavily tattooed? Check. Skinny? Check. Goofy haircut? Check. Alt punk stylings? Check. Submission and strikes offense? Check. As far as CM Punk is concerned, WWE think he can go down and stay down. **hammers down gavel**

Thats not all. Batista and Orton are going to headline Wrestlemania, Undertaker's streak is going to be ended by Sheamus, John Cena is going to bury the Wyatt's, Miz is going to make Cesaro tap to the figure four leg lock, and Daniel Bryan will be forced to shave his beard after a beard vs hair match against Triple H. Oh and the Bella Twins are the reason Paige hasn't been or won't be called up to the main roster. Thank you!

Hah but yeah I actually sympathize with you OP and other CM Punk fans. I am a big Punk fan, and feel he has carried a lot of the last few years success on his shoulders and I am actually really optimistic about WWE's future, with guys like Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Harper, Wyatt, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Mojo, Graves, coming up. On top of having Bryan in top form and even stuff like a Brodus Clay heel run and Sheamus being back. Am disappoint that we might get as many CM Punk vs Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, Wyatt matches though. CM punk really stood out and his mic work was phenomenal. I personally don't feel WWE gives him the kind of credit he deserves, WWE still has very old and traditional philosophies about business and entertainment and although I think they are getting better, the generation and audiences are still moving too fast for them, and when they fail to play catch up? They blame their talent that is a bit on the new and risky side (relatively) which is worrying. Secretly hoping that CM Punk just needs some R&R and that WWE will try and lure him back into WWE in time for Wrestlemania or even some time after and give him the main event at some other Wrestlemania eventually. Also I wanted him to induct Warrior into Hall of Fame heh heh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: That stuff about taker's streak ending is just a rumor right?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising....Why waste his time with WWE?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 SC  Moderator

@jayc1324: Yeah I was just joking with that stuff. Well some of it, Batista is probably going to headline Wrestlemania still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: OK you scared me there! And cena is probably still going to bury the Wyatt's too

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@sc: That stuff about taker's streak ending is just a rumor right?

Nah Taker's streak should end..but only to the right person. Taker's fans get on my nerves with how they think he should be undefeated whereas I see it as a great way to push an up and comer. Had Orton accepted Taker's offer to end his streak it would've cemented his Legend Killer gimmick for ex

As for Punk..not surprised. I hate to see him go but understand his frustrations. My only concern is who's next? I've never cared much for Daniel Bryan so Punk leaving has taken a lot of the entertainment out of WWE for me. WWE will obviously never die since they're the juggernaut of wrestling however they're sure not getting any better

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Takers streak shouldn't be used as a ploy to push another superstar. You don't throw 20+ years away to push a guy who may or may not be a success

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Taker fan I use to not want his streak to end, but now I do. He's getting OLD and NEEDS to retire. WWE is just milking his streak. Either retire undefeated or retire defeated and call it a day.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

just sit back and enjoy who needs punk or the WWE when you have 5 dollar wrestling with Colt Cabana and Marty Derosa. they have a ippv coming up on the 24th

keep in mind colt is bestest buddies with punk =0 could punk make is long awaited 5 dollar wrestling debut on the 24th???

Loading Video...

here's the preview for the ippv in february keep in mind its 5$ well worth the price

Loading Video...
Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gambit474

@jayc1324 said:

@gambit474: Takers streak shouldn't be used as a ploy to push another superstar. You don't throw 20+ years away to push a guy who may or may not be a success

King already said it perfectly..His streak is HIGHLY overrated now and the majority of the reason why they probably won't end it is because of attitudes like this. Taker fanboys would bitch harder than losing Bama fans if taker's streak ended..Taker's matches are by far my least favorite matches of WM because the fact that he wins every single time has taken out a lot of the entertainment in it for me. I don't care how good of a match it is if you know who's going to win every single time. Taker facing CM Punk? Who cares,taker wins. Taker facing Daniel Bryan? Who cares,taker wins. Taker facing Dolph Ziggler? Who cares,taker wins. His matches are absolutely pointless now and are nothing more than filler matches to up his number

Part of the fun in a match is not knowing who will win or if it feels like it'll go either way. Yes it should be used to push a star because it would be the ultimate push. May or may not be a success? Do tell how you're the one who's allowed to judge that. Letting someone beat Taker would be no different than the Rock beating Hulk Hogan for ex..It's time to pass on the torch. Taker's fans need to quit letting their pride ruin things for everyone else

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: I see what you're saying but taker is different. He is a legend and hasn't buried anyone because of his mania matches. And you act like you can't predict all of wwe's Ppv matches :p I sure can. And takers matches are actually a big draw for wrestlemania. People pay to see that

EDIT: taker has fought HBK HHH and punk over the last five years. None of then needed to win against taker to get over or anything like that. Its not like taker is burying talent. He is giving amazing matches against stars that are already over. No need to change that.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@jayc1324:

instead why not use his streak as a way to put someone over? the undertaker is the WWE most loyal servant hands down, taker doesnt need titles or streaks to be remember as one of the most agile big men in the buisness period , checkout his early stuff in memphis and tell me he was going to be a star. He deserves the streak like others have pointed out, however like others have pointed out as well is the fact going into mania taker CANT lose, when we know the outcome of the match ahead of time it kinda takes some of the luster off

IF taker were to lose the streak it would have to be clean in the middle of the ring 123 no submission no run-ins

The last real time I believed Taker would lose was the WM match against Batista where they were relegated down the card so both put on one hell of a show!

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gambit474

@jayc1324 said:

@gambit474: I see what you're saying but taker is different. He is a legend and hasn't buried anyone because of his mania matches. And you act like you can't predict all of wwe's Ppv matches :p I sure can. And takers matches are actually a big draw for wrestlemania. People pay to see that

EDIT: taker has fought HBK HHH and punk over the last five years. None of then needed to win against taker to get over or anything like that. Its not like taker is burying talent. He is giving amazing matches against stars that are already over. No need to change that.

Taker isn't different. He only gets to keep that streak because,as already mentioned,his fans would pitch a temper tantrum over it if he lost it. Hell Taker's streak isn't even that impressive because if you take out his repeat matches then the number actually isn't as high as it is now. Sure WWE's predictable nowadays and I didn't say it wasn't...However Taker's matches have been 100% predictable ALL THE TIME. No Taker's fanboys pay to see those matches just so they can see his number go up. I was more interested in The Rock vs Cena(no matter how bad they were) than I was Taker vs Triple H or Punk. An amazing match doesn't mean squat if the outcome is always going to be the same.

That's the thing Mrgreen..Taker's fans refuse to think that way. You never see them acknowledge anything else about his career because if he loses at WM then "omgz his legacy is ruined." Every opponent they have pitted against the Undertaker have been worthy of ending the streak and some more than others. Passing the torch>Taker remaining undefeated till god knows when

Nothing2Lose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Turns out you don't have to be a woman for WWE creative/booking to piss on you. But then, main events (just like the Diva matches) have degenerated into variations on the same six-man tag team match for several months now; the tag team titles started to gain some prestige for the first time in over a decade, but that's starting to deteriorate into mediocrity, and talent is being passed over for wrestlers who drew ten years ago. I have to confess surprise that CM Punk walked, even with awareness of the WrestleMania XXIX backstage screw-job. Maybe he'll go to TNA and clean up the damage Hulk Hogan left in his wake?