Cloverfield monsters ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was it ever explained why there were multiple monsters ? One could possibly be the mother and the others the children imo

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That movie didnt explain anything. It was all POV.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Samimista

Never seen Cloverfield but people have compared it to Sin from FFX. Least the main monster of it.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

Never seen Cloverfield but people have compared it to Sin from FFX. Least the main monster of it.

Hmm....

No Caption Provided

Not seein' it.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: Like I said I haven't seen it but have seen people mentioned it. Maybe to them it looks similar.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I've seen some concept art of the monster that does look similarish to Sin.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: That might be it. I just searched it up and kind of see the similarities. =O Is Cloverfield an alien though?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Never explained in the movie.

IIRC some side materials claimed it was from the bottom of the ocean or something.

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mild_Karl

@kgb725 said:

Was it ever explained why there were multiple monsters ? One could possibly be the mother and the others the children imo

Around the time the movie was released, I did a lot of research on everything and anything related to the film. Watched all the videos on jaimeandteddy.com multiple times, messed around on the 1-18-08, T.I.D.O. Wave sites for any clues & what I've come up with is this.

There's no real explanation of how the monster came to be, but there are some theories. Apparently the Japanese drilling company Tagruato, the owner of the Slusho subsidiary, drills underwater for Seabed's Nectar, which is a highly addictive steroid-like substance that's a main ingredient of the Slusho drink. The theory is that the monster had eaten the nectar raw, growing deformed in the process. Tagruato apparently disturbed the monster while drilling, which leads to the events that take place in the film.

At the very least, it is known that the monster (and specifically, the monster's skin) is a host for the parasitic creatures that are seen throughout the film & those creatures contain high amounts of Seabed Nectar in their blood.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think it was officially explained.

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you talking about the small monsters?

i thought they said it was like parasites

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mild_karl: Didn't the satellite that fell from the sky awaken the monster?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 King_Saturn  Online

@samimista said:

Hmm....

No Caption Provided

Not seein' it.

Where is it's Nose ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mild_karl: i seen that also and the ending and read alot of fan things about it and came across the different monsters because i never noticed how different they looked but there should be a sequel

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AweSam

@samimista: Whoever said that should try playing FFX.

I think there was only one, aside from the parasites that fall off of it. That's probably why someone compared it to Sin. Unless there's an ancient city inside of Cloverfield. I'm happy they explained nothing. It's supposed to make you feel like you're in the mix. Random shit's happening. Everything's getting blowing. People running around not knowing what they're running from. Explaining everything would ruin the movie.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Above the mouth. Do you not have a nose, or something?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Decoy Elite

@awesam: They probably saw this concept art of the monster.

No Caption Provided

It's vaguely Sinish, I think.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 King_Saturn  Online

@awesam said:

@king_saturn: Above the mouth. Do you not have a nose, or something?

Where is the Mouth ?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By russellmania77

I couldn't get passed 10 minutes of the movie so I can't really say

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

1. The monster is an alien, you see it land in the bay at the film's end.

2. There's only one monster, the little things on it were parasites.

3. The monster was a baby however.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kgb725

@the_stegman: there were multiples because the secone with the red sacs didnt have parasites and the alien wasnt what landed thats the thing that woke the beast up i believe it was a satellite

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a cool thread. sweet theory about him eating the seabed nectar raw. I've always been very curious about the cloverfield creature.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Around the time the movie was released, I did a lot of research on everything and anything related to the film. Watched all the videos on jaimeandteddy.com multiple times, messed around on the 1-18-08, T.I.D.O. Wave sites for any clues & what I've come up with is this.

There's no real explanation of how the monster came to be, but there are some theories. Apparently the Japanese drilling company Tagruato, the owner of the Slusho subsidiary, drills underwater for Seabed's Nectar, which is a highly addictive steroid-like substance that's a main ingredient of the Slusho drink. The theory is that the monster had eaten the nectar raw, growing deformed in the process. Tagruato apparently disturbed the monster while drilling, which leads to the events that take place in the film.

At the very least, it is known that the monster (and specifically, the monster's skin) is a host for the parasitic creatures that are seen throughout the film & those creatures contain high amounts of Seabed Nectar in their blood.

Thank God that isn't official backstory, because it is the most idiotic thing I have ever read.. and I read Secret Invasion!

On a side not, I really wish people who make monster movies knew something about biology/anatomy. If that thing came from the ocean depths it would have stepped onto land and collapsed under its own weight, its legs were way to spindly for its body size. There is a reason Godzilla has huge building sized legs.. and not because there is a guy inside the suit!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26  Edited By SC  Moderator

There was only one monster and it was an alien from space and a baby and so not fully developed and at the end yes that is a satellite as the alien has been dormant on Earth for thousands and thousands of years and thats the thing that woke it. Little creatures are parasites. The creatures anatomy like many real life animals allowed for inconsistent visuals - like pouches on its head that can flare up when its agitated. In ideas for sequels they have expressed interest in actually having fully developed versions of Clover.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AweSam

@kgb725: Same monster, I think. Those "sacs" were possibly lungs, or its ears

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

@kgb725: No, it only had one monster, never was more than one alluded to in the film. Maybe it ran out if parasites by the end.

And its spacecraft landing makes much more sense than a random satellite falling.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

@kgb725: ACTUALLY, my bad, it was a satellite. Did some research, and the producer said it was.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its explain the camera work was so bad it made him look like several monsters.

Also is a JJ Abrams product, Abrams loves senless things and overly mysterious devoid of intelligence plots and ideas.

The guys is pretty slow of mind and given to unintelligent decisions or acts, people just confuse his confusing and senless things with intelligence.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

All evidence suggests the creature leapt forth out of my bosom one night. He caused all that destruction in the city because he was scared and looking for me. I was hiding on the moon lollin' at the funny guy with the camera. I eventually got bored and carried the beast to another world populated with intelligent life. The moment he needed me the most, I ran away to another dimension and lolled at the havoc he was causing. Though you all might find this to be horrible parenting, it is merely my contribution to the natural cycle of the universe. Peace.

P.S. Galactus owns you XD

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The monster is an alien, you see it land in the bay at the film's end.

2. There's only one monster, the little things on it were parasites.

3. The monster was a baby however.

Jossed, that is part of the internet marketing campaign and manga, that ar not canon with the movie.

Abramas said nothing of that is official, that explains why it makes more sense that his normal work.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am so sick of all this POV crap in movies

especially paranormal activity

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am so sick of all this POV crap in movies

especially paranormal activity

Eh, found footage type films aren't for everybody.

Although I do think sequels don't really work with the style and the PA movies kinda show that off a bit.

But hey it's not like they're all the prevalent right now, so I don't think they're a problem for the general movie goer.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By InnerSuperman

@decoy_elite: if they are done right i have no problem. i see what you mean however.