Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/08/22/i-want-to-clone-your-hand-strange-effort-to-clone-john-lennon-moves-forward/

This is from Time.

Spending $31,000 for one of John Lennon’s teeth in 2011 was only the start of Michael Zuk’s strange behavior: The Canadian dentist wants to clone the late Beatles legend, and his mad-scientist plan to do so is moving forward.

Recently, Zuk sent the 50-plus-year-old tooth to a lab, hoping to find a shred of genetic data that would help sequence Lennon’s DNA.

“I am nervous and excited at the possibility that we will be able to fully sequence John Lennon’s DNA, very soon I hope,” Zuk said in a statement on his John Lennon Tooth site. “With researchers working on ways to clone mammoths, the same technology certainly could make human cloning a reality.”

Human cloning is still mostly the stuff of science fiction, but pulling DNA from old teeth is not. Researchers have even extracted DNA from the pulp — the material in the very center of a tooth — of a 4,000-year-old mummy tooth. But there’s no word yet on whether Lennon’s tooth will provide enough material to do anything. In addition, it was rotten to begin with and has not had the protection provided by burial in an ancient pyramid. When Lennon lost the tooth in the 1960s and, he gave it to his housekeeper for some reason. She then handed down the family heirloom to her son, who later sold it. We likely won’t know how the tooth’s condition affects Zuk’s plans; he plans to keep the results confidential.

If Zuk can grab some actual Lennon DNA, he believes he has a windfall on his hands — but the tooth has already proved to be a (sort of) sensible purchase. Sans the DNA angle, it has already toured the U.K. to promote charities and landed Zuk on TV for his odd hobby.

Whether or not Zuk succeeds in his plan (and whether or not that would actually be a good idea), one thing can be learned from this story: Even if you’re a rock star, don’t forget to floss.

Tim Newcomb@tdnewcomb

Tim Newcomb is a journalist based in the Pacific Northwest covering sports design and technology, culture, infrastructure and entertainment. He writes for Sports Illustrated, Popular Mechanics, TIME and more.

This cant be serious
This cant be serious

I would clone an army of Macho Men, so i can rule wrestling!!!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would clone myself and become an x-man

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@russellmania77:

I hope he understands that even if he does succeed, the resultant organism will merely be identical to John Lennon genetically he won't retain of any Lennon's memories or feelings.

If I found out I was Lennon's clone I'd be pissed, why would I want the pressure his insufferable fans will inevitably put on me?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By russellmania77
GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No! Bad Canadian! Bad!

**takes away Timmy card**

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

I would clone myself, obviously.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Quick! Someone clone Mark Chapman (in the future)!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...as I already have a twin brother, cloning myself is kinda out...

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An example of an obssessed fan. Quite creepy if you ask me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Outside_85
TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

George Washington
George Washington
and Michael Jackson
and Michael Jackson

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chuck Norris-then I'd make the two Chuck Norrises fight.