CIA On Trial In Virginia For Planting Nuke Evidence In Iran

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"The story is this. The CIA drew up plans for a key part of a nuclear bomb (what a CIA officer on Wednesday described in his testimony as “the crown jewels” of a nuclear weapons program), inserted flaws in the plans, and then had a Russian give those flawed plans to Iran.

During the trial on Wednesday morning, the prosecution’s witnesses made clear both that aiding Iran in developing a part of a bomb would be illegal under U.S. export control laws, and that they were aware at the time that there was the possibility of what they were doing constituting just such aid."

http://www.mintpressnews.com/cia-trial-virginia-planting-nuke-evidence-iran/201291/

The CIA was trying to frame Iran in the long run by giving it nuclear plans that were false back in 2002 in an operation called Merlin. The reason the CIA would do this would be to say hey we got them trying to make nuclear weapons and then BAM!! Jeffrey Sterling was the whistleblower who leaked this information to James Risen of the New York Times. Condoleezza Rice then prevented James Risen from publishing the story by calling the editor of the NY Times.

Throughout the years, the media has demonized Iran and brainwashed the country with their propaganda. Saying they're "evil" and want to wipe out Israel. Yet here is the CIA caught red handed and no one cares. This is something very illegal and can be considered "evil". It's basically like a cop planting a few ounces of cocaine in your car and then arresting you. Why does America do this and why do we allow this to continue to happen?

Multiple sources:

http://rt.com/usa/223159-cia-trial-secret-iran-mission/

http://news.yahoo.com/cia-asset-testifies-iran-mission-cia-leak-trial-224709883.html

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/us/politics/condoleezza-rice-testifies-on-urging-the-times-to-suppress-leak.html?_r=0&referrer=

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

You realize that this is a common tactic used by law enforcement right? The problem is they went to far by actually giving them real bomb plans, even flawed bomb plans would be dangerous in hands of a smart scientist that could figure out the flaws. It's like when the ATF went too far and gave actual guns to criminals.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

This is f*cking ridiculous.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnfrank120

In the end nothing is going to really happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yes and its disgusting. They went beyond going too far, this should've never happened. It's something you see out of a spy movie like James Bond. It's entrapment over here in the states. I edited my op with a cop similarity before seeing this comment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cream_God

This is why we cant have nice things

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@silkyballfro94: It's actually not like a cop planting evidence on you then arresting you. It's a cop selling you some coke then arresting you, which is perfectly legal. The problem here is that the coke is basically harmless when compared to the danger of selling the plans to a nuclear bomb. I don't want you thinking I'm "Pro Law Enforcement", I'm just trying to explain that law enforcement using tricks to get you to buy something illegal or do something illegal is fair game in most States In the US. Police just aren't allowed to go overboard and usually they get legal oversight from a Prosecutor & possibly even a Judge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Iran is not a terrorist group, it's a country. I've never heard of a particular case when the CIA has given one money and then traced it, but I'm sure it's happened. Though that doesn't apply to this situation because they gave them false nuclear plans through a "russian" and then said hey these Iranian guys are trying to build a bomb again. And for what reason? What would justify something like this. What does America have against Iran and what do they want from them are the questions.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean they didn't actually have weapons of mass destruction? Bush and Cheney lied to us? What a shocking plot twist.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Because war is a business that always presents itself as a necessary ideological conflict. Politically speaking, sometimes it's easier to have thousands of poor kids slaughter each other than have multiple countries relinquish power and come to terms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: I don't get it which question were you answering?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@silkyballfro94:

Why does America do this and why do we allow this to continue to happen?

It was the only question in your OP.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Iran is not a terrorist group, it's a country. I've never heard of a particular case when the CIA has given one money and then traced it, but I'm sure it's happened. Though that doesn't apply to this situation because they gave them false nuclear plans through a "russian" and then said hey these Iranian guys are trying to build a bomb again. And for what reason? What would justify something like this. What does America have against Iran and what do they want from them are the questions.

Because Iran has Oil and won't share it at "mate's rates" with the US.

The version I heard of the Nuke story was that the flawed plans were meant to cripple Iran's weapon making capabilities. The problem came when the Russian middle-man was given the "broken" plans to on-sell.

The Russian spotted the obvious (to him at least) flaws, and then corrected them before handing them on to his buyer. Which resulted in the CIA actually speeding up the Iranian atomic effort by up to a decade.

No matter what actually happened, it is incompetence and stupidity of the highest order. But nothing will actually be done to the ones responsible. At best some poor shmoe will be sacrificed to appease the media.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God bless 'Merica!

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Europe looks better and better everyday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: Agreed, except I don't think anyone will be sacrificed because there will be no media attention.

A more recent article:

http://rt.com/usa/224895-cia-whistleblower-iran-sterling/