Christmas is in November! Yay?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By _Zombie_

So today I had to go to the mall to buy new jeans for the Winter months, as well as get new shoes. Guess what I saw? Little kids already sitting on Santa's lap to tell them what they wanted for Christmas. On November 19th. Before Thanksgiving has even arrived. Now, back in my home town, it's almost worse. They had Christmas banners proclaiming 'Happy Holidays!' up throughout town since the 16th. On the 18th, they began setting up the giant tree for the Christmas parade. They've had Christmas music playing on the radio since early this month. Stores throughout malls are having 'Holiday specials'. Do people even bother to recognize Thanksgiving anymore? I get that it's not a major holiday, but we still shouldn't just skip it. I'm all for Christmas and everything, but this is a little ridiculous.

Am I the only one increasingly bothered by this trend of having the 'Christmas season' start before Thanksgiving has even come? Or am I just complaining about something I shouldn't pay attention to?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By utotheg38

@ZombieBigfoot said:

So today I had to go to the mall to buy new jeans for the Winter months, as well as get new shoes. Guess what I saw? Little kids already sitting on Santa's lap to tell them what they wanted for Christmas. On November 19th. Before Thanksgiving has even arrived. Now, back in my home town, it's almost worse. They had Christmas banners proclaiming 'Happy Holidays!' up throughout town since the 16th. On the 18th, they began setting up the giant tree for the Christmas parade. They've had Christmas music playing on the radio since early this month. Stores throughout malls are having 'Holiday specials'. Do people even bother to recognize Thanksgiving anymore? I get that it's not a major holiday, but we still shouldn't just skip it. I'm all for Christmas and everything, but this is a little ridiculous.

Am I the only one increasingly bothered by this trend of having the 'Christmas season' start before Thanksgiving has even come? Or am I just complaining about something I shouldn't pay attention to?

It's been going on for so long, It sounds like the norm to me.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Zombie_

@utotheg38 said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

It's been going on for so long, It sounds like the norm to me.

I realize that, but this year it feels worse then usual. It's something that just.. bugs me.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Samimista

The title of this thread reminds me of how this month practically is Christmas for the gamers with all of the good games that's been coming out. To be back on topic though, due to how early Christmas is advertise it's my least favorite holiday now. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite and the holiday deserves it's own respect.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maystack

I heard a christmas song on the radio a few days into November, and the christmas decorations have been up in my town for a good month. It's a bit silly, but I don't really have any problems with it.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By utotheg38

hmmmmmm.................. Perhaps I should tell my niece what a pagan holiday Is. XD

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Zombie_

@Samimista said:

The title of this thread reminds me of how this month practically is Christmas for the gamers with all of the good games that's been coming out. To be back on topic though, due to how early Christmas is advertise it's my least favorite holiday now. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite and the holiday deserves it's own respect.

It should. I can get having the Christmas Season start after Thanksgiving, but this is getting annoying.

@Maystack said:

I heard a christmas song on the radio a few days into November, and the christmas decorations have been up in my town for a good month. It's a bit silly, but I don't really have any problems with it.

Eh, I dunno why.. but it just irritates me to see it start this early. Heck.. I think I remember seeing fake Christmas trees at Costco back in October.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Samimista

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Samimista said:

It should. I can get having the Christmas Season start after Thanksgiving, but this is getting annoying.

@Maystack said:

Eh, I dunno why.. but it just irritates me to see it start this early. Heck.. I think I remember seeing fake Christmas trees at Costco back in October.

My mother tries to put Christmas decorations around the house before Thanksgiving until one year where I basically went all Nicolas Cage on her and made a rule where she can't put any Christmas related decorations up until after Thanksgiving.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
I want Christmas to get here in December... I can't wait to get out of November. 
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@Samimista said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Samimista said:

@Maystack said:

My mother tries to put Christmas decorations around the house before Thanksgiving until one year where I basically went all Nicolas Cage on her and made a rule where she can't put any Christmas related decorations up until after Thanksgiving.

Never had that problem with my parents, thankfully.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

@King Saturn said:

I want Christmas to get here in December... I can't wait to get out of November.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whats Thanksgiving?

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ARMIV2

It's just crazy over here. They were getting ready for Christmas the week before Halloween in nearly all of the major retail stores.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CATPANEXE

Oh the horror.

Kind of remind me of one of my friends. If you try and put a holiday themed movie on and it wasn't specifically that day he would flip out. I think the collaboration or crash of mixing consumer programing and traditional superstition cause this effect.