MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By MadComics
@InnerVenom123:
How about you drop it, and actually talk about the topic hm?
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@MadComics: Sorry i didn't see those other "Drop it comments" so i will just say you really shouldn't have said that it's very insulting that you think me and my boyfriend are sinning when were not. BUT thats all i will say and i did post my opinion about the topic that i thought it Very hard to believe.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MadComics
@The Umbra Sorcerer:
It's fine, as for the gay thing, I will not reply to it or it will just be an all out war. Thanks for dropping it. :)
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@MadComics: Agreed it would be an all out war but i can't understand why people can't just have a debate on it without tempers flaring :/
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By velle37
@MadComics said:
"@Deadcool: God wants us to be happy if it's not doing any sin. He didn't say "As long as your happy, no matter what the cause is, than go ahead and do it." And he did say in the Bible that homosexual is an abomination. "

Right next to that "he" also said eating shrimp is an abomination.... 

But i doubt you have the same emotional stigma towards shrimp.........
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By MadComics
@velle37:
I SAID DROP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By buttersdaman000

I believe in God and Heaven and all that but I dont beleive the bible is entirely true. Some of it, imo, is full of metaphors. Like I dont believe God made the earth in 7 days, at least in our sense of time. 
Imo( this is just a quick example)

On the first day there was light - Big Bang, the creation of the universe
-Skip a couple billion years. Lets just say God chilled for a while. When he was done he decided to pick earth for the humans
On the Second day he separated the water and the sky- Began making the earth habitable, created the atmoshpere that allows us to breathe and the oceans; the first signs of life started poppin up
On the third day he made the grass and trees and stuff
On the fourth day he decided to create a moon and a star close enough to give us warmth
On the fifth day animals were created
-skip a couple thousand/million of years
On the 6th day God finally let humans inhabit the earth
On the 7th day he rested 

As for the rapture, i believe it will happen but not exactly how it is said to happen in the bible

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By InnerVenom123

Why does God need to rest in the first place? He's God. 
He's got...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#109  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@InnerVenom123 said:

" Why does God need to rest in the first place? He's God. 
He's got... "

Personally, I saw it as God sitting down to look at His work. I mean, He created the Universe. He deserves a moment to take a look; like a painter stepping back and admiring a work of art. You could kind of call that "rest."
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By Vortex13

I do not believe in god and I have no problem with any faiths, philosophies, religions, or belief structures. As long as those beliefs are not used to persecute others.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#111  Edited By TheGoldenOne

I'm a christian and i think it will happen. Maybe not exactly how it's written in the bible, but i believe it will happen.

realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By realsilverjunk

Of course it is. Haven't you seen the spiritual world? Oh wait, probably not.  
I have and it affirms the bible. Freaking greenhorns. 

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By velle37

No.......
Avatar image for valendianknight
ValendianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ValendianKnight

@FadeToBlackBolt: 

Not that I'm gonna hold a grudge, but to be real, I expected that kind of response from at least one person here. Happens every time somone doesn't sugar coat their opinions on the issue. For all the talks about smug atheists, most of the religious folk are in no way better. I sure wouldn't expect anyone to ask WHY I hold that opinion of course, that would encourage debate.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By lagoon_boy

I myself is a Christian and do believe on what The Bible says.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Knightly1

Im a former Christian turned Agnostic(in view points.) I don't know whether God exists, I would never try and disprove or prove He exists as it's a fruitless point to try and make from both sides (whether you believe or not.) However, I can't help but feel as though the Bible says some things I can't agree with. We're not meant to question God, but we have free will, God's greatest gift to us? 
He knows what we're going to do ( or every outcome that can happen, just so it doesn't contradict the free will concept) yet gets mad when we do things our way?  We're imperfect beings, yet He we're supposed to strive for perfection, something we've never known ( or have long since forgotten.) I'm trying to bash Christianity ( or any religion for that matter) but I can't honestly say I believe in such things. Why do we have to believe in Him/praise Him in order to get into Heaven? Should a man's worth not be judged on his beliefs, but rather on his actions and achievements? It just seems a little shallow and egotistical to me that God require such a thing. 
On the other hand, while I don't have a religion of my own, I see the importance and necessity of religion. If taught correctly, it can help spread moral values that many people lack nowadays. Those who say religion kills people: nope. People kill people. Unless we start going to war throwing books at people, I don't think we can say such a claim. Religion has done its fair share of harm and good, same with science and technology, as well as having civilizations ( huge masses of people brought together.)
Sorry for the rant. In order to answer the topic question: Keep doing what you're doing. If it comes, you will either be gone or you will stay.

Avatar image for valendianknight
ValendianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ValendianKnight

Let's not kid ourselves here. Religion has been the main reason for many a bad deed, and there is no good deed that can be done by a religious person that can't be done by an atheist. It's still the person doing it sure, not their religions, but the foundation for their ideas come from how their interpret the bible or whatever other religious belief. 

I never say there is nothing bigger than we know, that there can't be A god, but disproving the bible is not that hard. An all pwerful god spends his entire time worrying just about us and this planet when he's made much grander things? The fact that this god is refered to as a HE in every instance is silly enough. A god that supposedly loves us all but will send those who don't buy what a book ,that was written thousands of years ago, and translated and retconned through the ages, is supposed to be the ultimate truth? There is just too much in there that proves to me it's a man written book, because it proves nothing else. I do not need a book to tell me not to be a horrible person. 

And this isn't even getting into the astrological innacuracys that are rampant on the book, or the fact that our society has made god smaller and smaller through the ages, because we replace that with actual knowledge. No more need to  explain what causes desease as a work of god, because now we know why we get sick. 

"God did it" is not an answer, you learn nothing from using that an explanation. It stops you from thinking further.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Knightly1
@ValendianKnight: 
I can't say I completely agree. Religion, in and of itself, is not bad. AS I said, most teach good morals and guidelines for life. It's bad when people try to use it for their own purposes as leverage against others ( which we know has happened many times in history.) It's like a loaded gun. The gun isn't inherently bad, it all depends on whose hands it's in. No matter your belief, you can do good and bad. An Atheist can do bad that a religious person's religion stops them from doing ( not always the case, but it's not always the case that a religious person is crazy and bent on converting others.)

I can agree. The Bible has good teachings, but they're presented very controversially in relation to each other. The things I pointed out are evidence of this. I always wondered, what about those unfortunate enough( or fortunate enough, depends on perspective) to not have even heard of Christianity. They're sent to Hell for their rightful ignorance or lack of education?
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Hawk
@ValendianKnight said:

" Let's not kid ourselves here. Religion has been the main reason for many a bad deed, and there is no good deed that can be done by a religious person that can't be done by an atheist. It's still the person doing it sure, not their religions, but the foundation for their ideas come from how their interpret the bible or whatever other religious belief.  I never say there is nothing bigger than we know, that there can't be A god, but disproving the bible is not that hard. An all pwerful god spends his entire time worrying just about us and this planet when he's made much grander things? The fact that this god is refered to as a HE in every instance is silly enough. A god that supposedly loves us all but will send those who don't buy what a book ,that was written thousands of years ago, and translated and retconned through the ages, is supposed to be the ultimate truth? There is just too much in there that proves to me it's a man written book, because it proves nothing else. I do not need a book to tell me not to be a horrible person.  And this isn't even getting into the astrological innacuracys that are rampant on the book, or the fact that our society has made god smaller and smaller through the ages, because we replace that with actual knowledge. No more need to  explain what causes desease as a work of god, because now we know why we get sick.  "God did it" is not an answer, you learn nothing from using that an explanation. It stops you from thinking further. "

You made the claims ......now back it up. Let's here your inaccuracy. 
I wait for your googled response.