• 119 results
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MadComics

How many of you guys believe in the Rapture that is said in the Bible? Jesus ascending from Heaven with a trumpet blowing and Christians raptured out of here, and than the 7 year of tribulation accurs. I certainly believe it, I am a Christian. And if so what would Heaven be like? I know it's somethin that our humanily minds can't imagine. But what do you imagine as heaven being?

Avatar image for valendianknight
ValendianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ValendianKnight

Nothing in the Bible is real. So no, there is no Rapture. If you believe in that than you may as well take Zeus or Odin into consideration too, but no one does, do they?

MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MadComics
@ValendianKnight:
And I respectfully disagree,
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar
@MadComics said:
" @ValendianKnight: And I respectfully disagree, "
I respectfully want to know what this has to do with comic books?
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Green Skin

It's about as plausible as Ragnarok. 

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Green Skin
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @ValendianKnight said:
" Nothing in the Bible is real. So no, there is no Rapture. If you believe in that than you may as well take Zeus or Odin into consideration too, but no one does, do they? "
Charming. Coming onto a thread with the express purpose of insulting someone's beliefs; really good form that. It definitely shows maturity. Here's a slow clap; you completely changed mine and every other Christian's mind with such an eloquently written argument. "
Ya know that's a bit douchey on your part.  The OP asked for opinions on the subject and he gave his, what's wrong with that?   The whole point of forums is discussion, and if you can't deal with an opposing view point, maybe you just shouldn't read threads like this.  There was no insult in his reply, just his take on the subject.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Green Skin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @ValendianKnight said:
" Nothing in the Bible is real. So no, there is no Rapture. If you believe in that than you may as well take Zeus or Odin into consideration too, but no one does, do they? "
Charming. Coming onto a thread with the express purpose of insulting someone's beliefs; really good form that. It definitely shows maturity. Here's a slow clap; you completely changed mine and every other Christian's mind with such an eloquently written argument. "
Ya know that's a bit douchey on your part.  The OP asked for opinions on the subject and he gave his, what's wrong with that?   The whole point of forums is discussion, and if you can't deal with an opposing view point, maybe you just shouldn't read threads like this.  There was no insult in his reply, just his take on the subject. "
That wasn't opinion; and opinion is "I don't believe that anything in the Bible is true, consequently, I don't think they'll be a Rapture". Presenting opinion as fact, particularly in an obnoxious way (which he did), especially on such a delicate subject matter is the reason we have Religious conflicts. If everyone respected everyone else's beliefs, which this user clearly doesn't, means we wouldn't have conflict.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MadComics
@TheCrowbar:
It doesn't.
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar
@MadComics said:
" @TheCrowbar: It doesn't. "
Then you're on the wrong site.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheCrowbar said:
" @MadComics said:
Then you're on the wrong site. "

Wrong forum, not wrong site. This should be in Off Topic.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MadComics
@TheCrowbar:
..... :/
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCrowbar
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @MadComics said:
Then you're on the wrong site. "
Wrong forum, not wrong site. This should be in Off Topic. "
I stand corrected. Though in my defense I mistyped.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MadComics
@FadeToBlackBolt:
Okay, i'll ask if someone can change it.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheCrowbar: No worries, happens to everyone :)

@MadComics:
Yeah, a mod should be able to move it, though, and I apologize for this, I've probably made it so this thread will get locked by initiating a Holy War. I just get so sick of people knocking other people's faith. Wears me down.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Green Skin
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Green Skin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @ValendianKnight said:
Ya know that's a bit douchey on your part.  The OP asked for opinions on the subject and he gave his, what's wrong with that?   The whole point of forums is discussion, and if you can't deal with an opposing view point, maybe you just shouldn't read threads like this.  There was no insult in his reply, just his take on the subject. "
That wasn't opinion; and opinion is "I don't believe that anything in the Bible is true, consequently, I don't think they'll be a Rapture". Presenting opinion as fact, particularly in an obnoxious way (which he did), especially on such a delicate subject matter is the reason we have Religious conflicts. If everyone respected everyone else's beliefs, which this user clearly doesn't, means we wouldn't have conflict. "
You're the one starting the conflict.  He has no obligation to sugar coat how he words his reply.  It's obvious that it's an opinion regardless of how he presents it. You shouldn't let things like this get to you, turn the other cheek...as it were.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MadComics
@FadeToBlackBolt:
Same here.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MadComics
@FadeToBlackBolt:
The mod changed the forum to off-topic thanks. :)
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Green Skin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Green Skin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @ValendianKnight said:
That wasn't opinion; and opinion is "I don't believe that anything in the Bible is true, consequently, I don't think they'll be a Rapture". Presenting opinion as fact, particularly in an obnoxious way (which he did), especially on such a delicate subject matter is the reason we have Religious conflicts. If everyone respected everyone else's beliefs, which this user clearly doesn't, means we wouldn't have conflict. "
You're the one starting the conflict.  He has no obligation to sugar coat how he words his reply.  It's obvious that it's an opinion regardless of how he presents it. You shouldn't let things like this get to you, turn the other cheek...as it were. "
I've put up with crap like that my whole life. It was a disrespectful comment. If that wasn't his intention than I will gladly retract my admittedly douchey comment and apologize, but if he meant it as it was written; which was condescending and insulting, then I stand by what I wrote. 

I understand what you're saying, but it has worn me down. There are users on this site notorious for offensive anti-Christian commentary, and whenever someone offers a retort, they are passed off as zealots and alike. It's wrong, and it annoys me.
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By biggkeem89

Honestly, I don't think most things in the Bible should be taken literally, so I kinda don't believe in the Rapture. As with all thing pertaining to God(or whatever you may call it) and religion, I think its far beyond anything imperfect humans can understand

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Charming. Coming onto a thread with the express purpose of insulting someone's beliefs; really good form that. It definitely shows maturity. Here's a slow clap; you completely changed mine and every other Christian's mind with such an eloquently written argument. "
You're Christian?
Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @ValendianKnight said:
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan: Yep, Kierkegaardian Existentialist.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MadComics
@FadeToBlackBolt:
:D
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @JediXMan: Yep, Kierkegaardian Existentialist. "
*points at self * Non-denominational.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan: Cool, cool. Technically, I've been raised Anglican, and have nothing against any form of Christianity; I just realised that Existential Christianity was the way I wanted to live my life :)

It's funny, I've never met a person who wasn't surprised to discover that I was a Christian. Everyone seems to think that because I'm angry and negative I must be an atheist haha.
Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @JediXMan: Yep, Kierkegaardian Existentialist. "
*points at self * Non-denominational. "
Pentecostal
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#26  Edited By Deadcool
@ValendianKnight said:
I am atheist, but I respect people beliefs, you should stop.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt: 

There are angry and negative people on both sides. Me, I like dark stories for the most part, but I do identify as Christian. I just never get involved in religious discussion on the internet generally because... well, bad things usually happen. They never end well. Same for political discussions.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:   There are angry and negative people on both sides. Me, I like dark stories for the most part, but I do identify as Christian. I just never get involved in religious discussion on the internet generally because... well, bad things usually happen. They never end well. Same for political discussions. "
I agree completely, and I usually try to avoid it. That said, sometimes "angry Luke" takes over and I have to yell :P 

@Deadcool said:
I am atheist, but I respect people beliefs

This guy has the right idea :)
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MadComics
@JediXMan:
Really, I respect any religions...but what I don't respect is gay people. THAT is an abomination. (I know, completely off-topic for this blog...so sue me :P)
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By agent9149
@MadComics said:
" @JediXMan: Really, I respect any religions...but what I don't respect is gay people. THAT is an abomination. (I know, completely off-topic for this blog...so sue me :P) "

tell me your joking..please

MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MadComics
@agent9149:
Nope...I hate gayism....if that's a real word. :P
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@agent9149 said:
" @MadComics said:
" @JediXMan: Really, I respect any religions...but what I don't respect is gay people. THAT is an abomination. (I know, completely off-topic for this blog...so sue me :P) "

"
Yeah, mate, sorry, but wow. 

Love everyone :) 

Except Bendis and Quesada. They can share a cell with Hitler in Hell.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:   There are angry and negative people on both sides. Me, I like dark stories for the most part, but I do identify as Christian. I just never get involved in religious discussion on the internet generally because... well, bad things usually happen. They never end well. Same for political discussions. "
I agree completely, and I usually try to avoid it. That said, sometimes "angry Luke" takes over and I have to yell :P 

@Deadcool said:
This guy has the right idea :) "
Heh heh, so true.

I've met some unreasonable Atheists, but the majority of Atheists or Agnostics that I'm around are extremely open to debate and civil discussion. It's when insults start flying that a problem starts.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @JediXMan said:

@Deadcool said:
Heh heh, so true.  I've met some unreasonable Atheists, but the majority of Atheists or Agnostics that I'm around are extremely open to debate and civil discussion. It's when insults start flying that a problem starts. "
You're lucky, the only atheists I've met (in day to day life, not here) are the smug, evangelical, Richard Dawkins-wannabes. That said, there are just as many smug, evangelical Crusader wannabe Christians too.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MadComics said:
I'm not touching that. I'm Christian but I can be friends with a gay person.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deadcool
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Deadcool said:
Thx... 

@MadComics said:
If god give to us free will, then let them be, because God just want to us to be happy, in the Bible there is nothing against the homosexuals.
"Between people and between nations , respect for the rights of others is peace " if you don't respect the rights of free will, then you are tempting against the will of your God.
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By agent9149
@MadComics said:
" @agent9149: Nope...I hate gayism....if that's a real word. :P "
well i had so much respect for you when i entered this topic now it when poof 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @agent9149 said:
" @MadComics said:

"
Yeah, mate, sorry, but wow.   Love everyone :)   Except Bendis and Quesada. They can share a cell with Hitler in Hell. "

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND =D
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MadComics
@JediXMan:
There is nothing wrong with hanging around a gay person. I have a gay cousin. But being gay is a sin. do you really think people were born gay if God said to be with a woman? No.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt: 

Oh don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of smug Atheists too (same for Christians - actually, same for everybody. Let's be honest, here). It's just that the ones I happen to fraternize with are nice and enjoy a civil discussion.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deadcool
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yeah, mate, sorry, but wow.   Love everyone :)   Except Bendis and Quesada. They can share a cell with Hitler in Hell. "
Hey! I like Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman ;_;...
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MadComics said:
" @JediXMan: There is nothing wrong with hanging around a gay person. I have a gay cousin. But being gay is a sin. do you really think people were born gay if God said to be with a woman? No. "
See, now, this is one of those discussions I'd rather not touch. It's drifting into both politics and religion and it won't end well. Let's drop it while we can, hmm?
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:   Oh don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of smug Atheists too (same for Christians - actually, same for everybody. Let's be honest, here). It's just that the ones I happen to fraternize with are nice and enjoy a civil discussion. "
That's good. It always makes for good discussion, providing everyone's civil, wish I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't when this topic started.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MadComics
@Deadcool:
God wants us to be happy if it's not doing any sin. He didn't say "As long as your happy, no matter what the cause is, than go ahead and do it." And he did say in the Bible that homosexual is an abomination.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@MadComics said:

" @JediXMan: There is nothing wrong with hanging around a gay person. I have a gay cousin. But being gay is a sin. do you really think people were born gay if God said to be with a woman? No. "

God also says to love everyone, I don't think He cares what your hormones react to. But it's your opinion, I do however, hope you can work toward a more positive outlook on homosexuality :)
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MadComics
@JediXMan:
Good because i'm feeling attack right now by everyone for speaking the truth. But okay. :)
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt: 

In fairness, your reply was to a very hostile and unnecessary comment. 

@Deadcool said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Hey! I like Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman ;_;... "
I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man (I might, though. Most of Ultimate X-Men - before around #60 or 70 when it became crap - was good and I'm enjoying the Ultimates volumes). He's mostly referring to Siege and what Bendis did to Sentry.
MadComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MadComics
@FadeToBlackBolt:
He cares for everything. But let's just drop this subject before we start arguing and getting personal.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Deadcool
@MadComics said:
" @Deadcool: God wants us to be happy if it's not doing any sin. He didn't say "As long as your happy, no matter what the cause is, than go ahead and do it." And he did say in the Bible that homosexual is an abomination. "
I challenge you to find at least one biblical quotation in which God says anything against homosexuals .
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@JediXMan said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: 

In fairness, your reply was to a very hostile and unnecessary comment. 

@Deadcool said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Hey! I like Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman ;_;... "
I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man (I might, though. Most of Ultimate X-Men - before around #60 or 70 when it became crap - was good and I'm enjoying the Ultimates volumes). He's mostly referring to Siege and what Bendis did to Sentry. "
Yeah, and I like Ult Spidey too, pre-Ultimate Comics. I don't enjoy that series, unfortunately. 
@MadComics said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: He cares for everything. But let's just drop this subject before we start arguing and getting personal. "

Sounds good :)
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deadcool
@JediXMan said:
I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man (I might, though. Most of Ultimate X-Men - before around #60 or 70 when it became crap - was good and I'm enjoying the Ultimates volumes). He's mostly referring to Siege and what Bendis did to Sentry. "
Man, I didn't knew that you complain for the deaths of comic characters, he would come back, even Carnage came back.
I liked Siege, the issue #4 was... not that good, but I enjoyed the fights.