Christian Comic Readers Thread

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Knightly1

I'm a casual Christian, but my favorite comic character is easily lucifer Morningstar. The guy was just amazing.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: thanks for your response; no, I didn't see your first response (I'm on my phone with the computer in the shop). If I understand you correctly, you believe the bible is god's word because the bible says it and you know it is because of a feeling you get when you read it and pray. Interesting. That's the first I've run across such a personal response. But is it the concensus? What do most Christians believe?

The reason I ask is because most of my questions concerning Christianity come down to this point- "because the bible says..." But what makes it "right," how do you know?

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@docstrange said:

Shall we try again? Why, as Christians, do you believe the bible to be the word of god?

Didn't you catch my response?

Also, judging from your impertinent wording, you seem to be less-concerned with an actual honest answer, and more with inciting some sort of reaction.

I would advise not responding to Doc as he was the one mostly responsible for why the last thread got closed in the first place. Everything was civil until he started commenting. His comments belong in the religion what do you think thread..Not this one

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Christians are discouraged from speaking to mon-Christians? I'm not the one pointing fingers with unsubstantiated accusations; just trying to understand the mentality and point of veiw of others. But if non-Christians really aren't welcome in this thread then what's the point?

misterbate316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By misterbate316

jews are better.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@docstrange said:

what's the point?

The point was explained in the OP.

This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people. This is to be a thread of love so any name calling, flame warring or abusive language will be flagged.

Though the op does also say this

EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE

It's doesn't serve the same purpose as this

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/religion-what-do-you-think-12335/

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By King_Saturn

Who here remembers the TV Show Gumby ?

Avatar image for supermanofsteel
SuperManofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By SuperManofSteel
@king_saturn said:

Who here remembers the TV Show Gumby ?

I haven't seen it. But a friend babysits mentally handicapped children and they love it. Why do you ask? Is it a favorite of yours?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark: thanks for your response; no, I didn't see your first response (I'm on my phone with the computer in the shop). If I understand you correctly, you believe the bible is god's word because the bible says it and you know it is because of a feeling you get when you read it and pray. Interesting. That's the first I've run across such a personal response. But is it the concensus? What do most Christians believe?

The reason I ask is because most of my questions concerning Christianity come down to this point- "because the bible says..." But what makes it "right," how do you know?

I don't want to derail the entire thread for this discussion, since it seems more appropriate in the Religion thread, but I will try to articulate it the best I can. As I said before, there is material evidence to support its authenticity as a legitimate document, and at the same time, reading the Word I do not have a 'feeling', but more of a 'connection' with God - like I have a relationship with the creator of this universe, my real Father.

To that end, I don't doubt the Bible's authenticity. As I said before, its historical accounts are accurate (Jewish diaspora, slavery in Babylon, the fall of Jericho's walls), its stated prophecies are fulfilled, and despite being written by so many authors across 2000 years, it still not only fulfills those prophecies but maintains one consistent set of beliefs, something no other book has achieved.

Beyond offering that, if you truly seek understanding, it might be better to seek a more informed Christian, like a theologian or pastor, to answer your questions. You sound like you really want to find truth, I applaud that, but I'm afraid this is all I can offer. To be honest, I care less about the Bible's historicity, and more about a relationship with God. Christianity doesn't start with the authenticity of the Bible, it starts with accepting God into your life - once you have that first part down, you won't doubt God or his Word.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Gambit474

@docstrange said:

So Christians are discouraged from speaking to mon-Christians? I'm not the one pointing fingers with unsubstantiated accusations; just trying to understand the mentality and point of veiw of others. But if non-Christians really aren't welcome in this thread then what's the point?

Doc why is it so hard for you to go to the religion thread where your discussion is appropriate instead of questioning people here with these questions that have nothing to do with the point of the thread? We came to this thread for a civil conversation..Not you questioning how christians live their lives

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you are fighting a loosing battle, obviously open minded conversation is discouraged here.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romans 10:12 and Raven!

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docstrange said:

I think you are fighting a loosing battle, obviously open minded conversation is discouraged here.

Or people could go to the appropriate threads for such discussions,but then again atheists look for any way to try to "debate" christians.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee:

I pray for you and hope you repent before you die. God says to pray for your enemy and I pray that you find hope in the gospel. If you won't repent, please leave this thread.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@docstrange said:

Or people could go to the appropriate threads for such discussions,but then again atheists look for any way to try to "debate" christians.

But Doc is hardly trying to debate anyone he even says that he is just trying to understand a christians point of view better. But maybe he has a better understanding of it than he initially bargained for (?)

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: If he wants to understand a Christians point of view it's called going to church.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Gambit474

@gambit474 said:

@docstrange said:

But Doc is hardly trying to debate anyone he even says that he is just trying to understand a christians point of view better. But maybe he has a better understanding of it than he initially bargained for (?)

Doc was also the one who caused the last thread to get locked because of his accusations about christians being hateful and all that thus derailing the thread. It's obvious the guy's got a grudge against christians

SuperManofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of person stalks people around on the internet and attacks their faith?

Anyone in this thread who thinks they need to explain or defend their faith, you don't have to explain your relationship with God to anyone.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: If he wants to understand a Christians point of view it's called going to church.

Asking them directly works just as well if not better.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of person stalks people around on the internet and attacks their faith?

Anyone in this thread who thinks they need to explain or defend their faith, you don't have to explain your relationship with God to anyone.

It's simple super..They're called trolls

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@docstrange said:

Doc was also the one who caused the last thread to get locked because of his accusations about christians being hateful and all that thus derailing the thread. It's obvious the guy's got a grudge against christians

You have no proof for that. Its just an accusation/assumption. There was no actual reason given as to why the last thread was locked by a mod there should have being but unless the mod states why it could have being due to any reason.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Pfcoolio14

@docstrange said:

That's what the other religion threads are for

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@gambit474 said:

@docstrange said:

You have no proof for that. Its just an accusation/assumption. There was no actual reason given as to why the last thread was locked by a mod there should have being but unless the mod states why it could have being due to any reason.

I do know because I was contacted by others to help contact the mods with them about his posts. You have no proof that it wasn't done because of him when his posts were the only ones that were being antagonizing.

Avatar image for savagewolverine
SavageWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's it going tonight fellow Christians?

Read any good comics this week?

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... first I'm accused of ignorance yet when my questions to the Christians are sincere and benign I'm told to leave the Christian thread for the Religion thread, where there's a conversation already in progress. The OP seems open enough but some others, who call themselves Christian, obviously have issues with me (as well as our atheist friends). Don't blame me for your Christian-elitist thread for getting locked; look instead to your own spiteful, judgmental attitude instead!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docstrange said:

That's what the other religion threads are for

Open minded conversation? Yeah I can see that it is not welcomed here.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... first I'm accused of ignorance yet when my questions to the Christians are sincere and benign I'm told to leave the Christian thread for the Religion thread, where there's a conversation already in progress. The OP seems open enough but some others, who call themselves Christian, obviously have issues with me (as well as our atheist friends). Don't blame me for your Christian-elitist thread for getting locked; look instead to your own spiteful, judgmental attitude instead!

Uh huh.

SuperManofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone who may be lost.

Purpose of this thread, and I quote the very first post, "This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people."

Purpose of this thread Religion What do you think "Ok, I was wondering what you guys think of religion and what are your views?"

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By DocStrange

@supermanofsteel: so you're back to "everyone's welcome (as long as you profess to be Christian)." I have been made very unwelcome here, called names, accused, and told repeatedly to leave. Yeah, very "Christian" of some of you.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docstrange@gambit474@mrdecepticonleader

Ooooohkay....guys, maybe it's time to dial it back a little and take a deep breath.

Whatever was the cause for the last thread being locked, what's done is done. No point rehashing the past.

DocStrange here was just asking a question to Christians. While the Religion thread might've been a better fit, it's still no reason to get in a verbal spat over.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@veshark: That was a beautiful response that blessed me in spirit....thank you for typing that

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Ooooohkay....guys, maybe it's time to dial it back a little and take a deep breath.

Whatever was the cause for the last thread being locked, what's done is done. No point rehashing the past.

DocStrange here was just asking a question to Christians. While the Religion thread might've been a better fit, it's still no reason to get in a verbal spat over.

I wasn't getting in a verbal spat at all. Was just sticking up for a fellow poster as all.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@veshark: That was a beautiful response that blessed me in spirit....thank you for typing that

God bless :)

@veshark said:

I wasn't getting in a verbal spat at all. Was just sticking up for a fellow poster as all.

And I appreciate that, but I'm just clearing the air. I don't want this to escalate from a query into another atheist-theist clash.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docstrange: As the OP let me explain something to you doc. As a Christian I was raises to believe that being Christian meant to be Christ-like. That Christ-like people are to do the work of God to the beat of our abilities while having faith in God. It's funny me and my mother were just talking about faith earlier today. But back on topic I just want you to know that I can't speak fr every christian bit I can speak for this one and you are more than welcome in this thread to ask any questions of me A's you like. I will great you with respect and honesty and as much knowledge I have on the subject matter. So feel free to pose any questions or discuss any comic movie etc. Here. And ignore the "im a Christian so i have the moral high ground" trolls. Like my grandmother used to say "A perfect Christian is a dead one"

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's it going tonight fellow Christians?

Read any good comics this week?

Welcome, and sorry you've been ignored for trolls. I think this one of the few topic related posts on here for some time. lol

Back to your questions. I'm great! How are you?

Hawkeye 12, Secret Avengers 6, back issues of Savage Wolverine were all good. Light week for me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagewolverine:

It's good man.

I read superman unchained 2 and I hate it and love it simultaneously lol

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanofsteel: so you're back to "everyone's welcome (as long as you profess to be Christian)." I have been made very unwelcome here, called names, accused, and told repeatedly to leave. Yeah, very "Christian" of some of you.

Where did anyone tell you to leave or called you names? I'm not seeing it.

"everyone's welcome as long as you profess to be Christian" You did read the forum title right? Christian Comic Readers

It's a Christian fellowship thread. If you would like to learn about God do like everybody else. Go to a local church and study the Bible.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#190 vance_astro  Moderator

Getting too many complaints about this thread. Can everyone just stay on-topic, please?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Veshark

Guess I should get the ball rolling again:

Anybody here seen Passion of the Christ? (Or the better question should be who hasn't I guess ;)). Saw it as a kid when I was like seven...pretty traumatic for me xD

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You watched that at 7? Heard that it was brutal.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

Did you watch the bible on History channel

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

This thread is hilarious. I want at least three more pages before the inevitable lock.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee:

I pray for you and hope you repent before you die. God says to pray for your enemy and I pray that you find hope in the gospel. If you won't repent, please leave this thread.

That was really creepy. How am I your enemy? Because I disagree with you? Because I am a Jew? If anyone with views different from yours is automatically your enemy, I think it's you who needs to 'repent.'

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anybody read Indestructible Hulk 10 this week?

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaine_: "ignored for trolls"? Were you referring to anyone in particular?