Christian Comic Readers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sog7dc: I'm a Christian. My favorite hero also representing my home state of Texas is Kaine the Scarlet Spider. And since he is my favorite I'm going to select a verse indirectly appropriate. "What they trust in is fragile; what they rely on is a spider's web." -Job 8:14

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Let me just remind everybody of the purpose of this thread to give everyone clarity on what it's here for:

This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people. This is to be a thread of love so any name calling, flame warring or abusive language will be flagged. EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaine_: I keep hearing that the scarlet spider is good. Maybe I should give it a try

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By _Braveheart_

@sog7dc said:

Let me just remind everybody of the purpose of this thread to give everyone clarity on what it's here for:

This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people. This is to be a thread of love so any name calling, flame warring or abusive language will be flagged. EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here

Amen to that.

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Ain't no maybe. Do yourself a favor. :)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@kaine_: I keep hearing that the scarlet spider is good. Maybe I should give it a try

Yes you should definitely check Scarlet out. Venom and it are great alternates for anyone who's not fond of Superior Spider-man..I actually prefer Scarlet because Kaine's got that whole trying to redeem himself from a monster bit going on. It's like reading about Peter Parker except Parker's thrown out all his boy scout attitudes and doesn't mind breaking the rules from time to time

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: See I just started reading comics this past February an the guy in the comic store handed me the first 3 issues of superior. So Ive been collecting those and now I'm trying to expand into other spider-men like miles and Kaine. It's just really expensive ya know? I wrote it down today I want to read 21 books monthly but idk if I can afford that right now

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By SOG7dc

@kaine_: Lol pray for this college students finances and then I'll pick it up next trip to the comic shop

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#209  Edited By Wolverine008

@sog7dc:

Scarlet Spider is only 3 bucks per issue, and it is WELL worth the price. I honestly think it is the most underrated comic right now along with TMNT by IDW. You should really try it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'll pick up issue 1 on Wednesday if I can manage to find one

Kaine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@kaine_: Lol pray for this college students finances and then I'll pick it up next trip to the comic shop

I'm going to pass on this advice that helped me.

"My advice is if you really have to make some big cuts to your pull, drop the hugely popular books on your list. Books like Batman, Green Lantern and Spider-Man aren't going anywhere any time soon so just pick them up in trade. However if you love a books like All-Star Western or an indy book they might not make it to it's next trade if pepole stop buying it monthly." Jonny_Anonymous

How to Deal With Cutting Your Pull List