Christian Comic Readers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83 said:

@king_saturn said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Yo.

Favorite Movies: The Searchers, Casablanca, Roaring Twenties, White Heat, El Dorado..

Favorite super heroes: Thor and Swamp Thing.

Just like a Good Ole Boy from Georgia... You boys don't actually read The Bible so you just skip right over the "Favorite Scripture" question.

:P

XD

@docstrange said:

@gambit474: Figured it was only a matter of time before someone tried to pull the christians are hateful card. The same could be said about groups that hate on christians..It goes both ways

Only non-christians don't oppose your constitutional liberties. Why can't you keep your religious opinions to yourself, without cramming them down everyone else's throats? You want to commune with others who call themselves "christian" while leading un-christlike lives, you have a church on every corner. Want to discuss religion and spirituality? There's already a thread for it. Why does a majority group (in English-speaking countries) feel a need for its own thread? This thread, by its nature, is necessarily exclusive; if all were '"welcomed" it wouldn't be billed "chrstian".

This is horribly ignorant and bigoted.Mainly because it generalizes all/most Christians with the stereotypes. Let me guess,you also suspect all Christians to be homophobic?

1. Actually,not necessarily true.There are christians who do oppose certain liberties.

2. That is a stereotype.Not all christians act that way.That is horribly ignorant. Even considering that people forget the muslims,buddhists,atheists/agnostics,etc (people from all beliefs,not just religions) that do the exact same thing. Is there are problem with trying to commune with other Christians and even non-Christians? And again,not every Christian acts like the stereotype.Not even most. I also guess that I have to point out that not every black person likes fried chicken and rap music,contrary to the stereotype.

3. Is there a problem with that?! This is a thread that asks specific questions,not asking "What do you think about religion?"! Did you even READ THE OP?! This thread is not exclusive. It asks Christian comic book readers certain questions. You do not have to be a Christian to comment,even when the OP said that all are welcome. It asks Christian comic book readers a few questions,although it still says all are welcome.Anyone can answer at least 1 of the questions.

It's kinda like Church.Normally,Christians would go to church,but atheists (and muslims,buddhists,hindus,etc) are welcomed.

Ugh! I am so f****** pissed.

But you know what? To hell with it!

Because believing ignorant stereotypes and generalizations is just logic.

Just a couple of things. Atheism is not a belief. That is one thing that irritates me alot so many people do it. Not saying you do but I was just pointing it out.

And the way the welcoming part was quoted in the OP I do take issue with it.

"EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here"

Its a standard christian thing I see alot but I still don't like it. Its almost like they are claiming they are not judging people but then they are saying how people have fallen short. Pretty hypocritical really. If all was said was the bit in caps at the beginning of the sentence Id not have an issue with it.

But its free speech and people can be that way if they choose. I just thought Id put my two cents in those regards. I am not here to really partake in this thread but since I have being called out twice since my last comment thought Id just read through the comments of anything of interest.

As I said before if christians want to sit and just talk on this thread between themselves then that is fine with me.

1. Well when I said belief I actually meant it sorta as a viewpoint. I know that Atheism is not a religion,but I think that what I said was different from what I meant.

When I look it up,I see now that belief is more associated with religion,and I know that,as you said,Atheism is not a belief.

Sorry,lol.I used the wrong word...I was trying to be a bit general. But I was wrong,nonetheless. :)

But I didn't actually mean to associate it with religion,but again,what I said was different from what I meant.

2. Well I think that the "we all fall short of the glory of God" thing is actually meant as a counter to judging people.It actually speaks against it. Because there are people who look down on others (people that look down on others from other religions,people that look down on Atheists,people who look down on homosexuals),but what that scripture is saying is that no one is in any position to judge anyone because we all fall short of the glory of god...something along those lines. Kinda like another scripture that I know (vaguely) that basically says that sin is sin,no matter what sin it is. @sog7dc Are you familiar with this scripture?

Basically,it says that no one is right in looking down on others,since no one is really better than any other.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By cameron83
@sog7dc said:

@cameron83 said:

@king_saturn said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Yo.

Favorite Movies: The Searchers, Casablanca, Roaring Twenties, White Heat, El Dorado..

Just like a Good Ole Boy from Georgia... You boys don't actually read The Bible so you just skip right over the "Favorite Scripture" question.

XD

@docstrange said:

@gambit474: Figured it was only a matter of time before someone tried to pull the christians are hateful card. The same could be said about groups that hate on christians..It goes both ways

Only non-christians don't oppose your constitutional liberties. Why can't you keep your religious opinions to yourself, without cramming them down everyone else's throats? You want to commune with others who call themselves "christian" while leading un-christlike lives, you have a church on every corner. Want to discuss religion and spirituality? There's already a thread for it. Why does a majority group (in English-speaking countries) feel a need for its own thread? This thread, by its nature, is necessarily exclusive; if all were '"welcomed" it wouldn't be billed "chrstian".

This is horribly ignorant and bigoted.Mainly because it generalizes all/most Christians with the stereotypes. Let me guess,you also suspect all Christians to be homophobic?

1. Actually,not necessarily true.There are christians who do oppose certain liberties.

2. That is a stereotype.Not all christians act that way.That is horribly ignorant. Even considering that people forget the muslims,buddhists,atheists/agnostics,etc (people from all beliefs,not just religions) that do the exact same thing. Is there are problem with trying to commune with other Christians and even non-Christians? And again,not every Christian acts like the stereotype.Not even most. I also guess that I have to point out that not every black person likes fried chickenand rap music,contrary to the stereotype.

3. Is there a problem with that?! This is a thread that asks specific questions,not asking "What do you think about religion?"! Did you even READ THE OP?! This thread is not exclusive. It asks Christian comic book readers certain questions. You do not have to be a Christian to comment,even when the OP said that all are welcome. It asks Christian comic book readers a few questions,although it still says all are welcome.Anyone can answer at least 1 of the questions.

It's kinda like Church.Normally,Christians would go to church,but atheists (and muslims,buddhists,hindus,etc) are welcomed.

i think its safe to say everybody onb the planet who has tasted fried chicken likes it......I was joking at first but now that I think of it ive never met someone who doesn't enjoy fried chicken lol

XD

Wait,what do you mean at first?

When did you say that?

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@cameron83 said:

@king_saturn said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Yo.

XD

@docstrange said:

2. That is a stereotype.Not all christians act that way.That is horribly ignorant. Even considering that people forget the muslims,buddhists,atheists/agnostics,etc (people from all beliefs,not just religions) that do the exact same thing. Is there are problem with trying to commune with other Christians and even non-Christians? And again,not every Christian acts like the stereotype.Not even most. I also guess that I have to point out that not every black person likes fried chicken and rap music,contrary to the stereotype.

Just a couple of things. Atheism is not a belief. That is one thing that irritates me alot so many people do it. Not saying you do but I was just pointing it out.

"EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here"

Its a standard christian thing I see alot but I still don't like it. Its almost like they are claiming they are not judging people but then they are saying how people have fallen short. Pretty hypocritical really. If all was said was the bit in caps at the beginning of the sentence Id not have an issue with it.

But its free speech and people can be that way if they choose. I just thought Id put my two cents in those regards. I am not here to really partake in this thread but since I have being called out twice since my last comment thought Id just read through the comments of anything of interest.

As I said before if christians want to sit and just talk on this thread between themselves then that is fine with me.

1. Well when I said belief I actually meant it sorta as a viewpoint. I know that Atheism is not a religion,but I think that what I said was different from what I meant.

When I look it up,I see now that belief is more associated with religion,and I know that,as you said,Atheism is not a belief.

Sorry,lol.I used the wrong word...I was trying to be a bit general. But I was wrong,nonetheless. :)

But I didn't actually mean to associate it with religion,but again,what I said was different from what I meant.

2. Well I think that the "we all fall short of the glory of God" thing is actually meant as a counter to judging people.It actually speaks against it. Because there are people who look down on others (people that look down on others from other religions,people that look down on Atheists,people who look down on homosexuals),but what that scripture is saying is that no one is in any position to judge anyone because we all fall short of the glory of god...something along those lines. Kinda like another scripture that I know (vaguely) that basically says that sin is sin,no matter what sin it is. @sog7dc Are you familiar with this scripture?

Basically,it says that no one is right in looking down on others,since no one is really better than any other.

Okay :)

Well weather what the actual line means in the context of the scripture when something like that is taken out of context it can have different meaning and appear to have different intent. I still take issue with the whole idea anyway due to the "we fall short of the glory of god" line anyway because it seems like its saying that you have to follow god/ christianity to be saved that kind of thing.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@cameron83 said:

@king_saturn said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Yo.

XD

@docstrange said:

Okay :)

Well weather what the actual line means in the context of the scripture when something like that is taken out of context it can have different meaning and appear to have different intent. I still take issue with the whole idea anyway due to the "we fall short of the glory of god" line anyway because it seems like its saying that you have to follow god/ christianity to be saved that kind of thing.

Ah,I understand :)

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So people who refer to themselves as "Christian" are angered over what they see as Christian stereotyping and accuse others (me) of ignorance... How about another question, then, to dispel my ignorance? What, exactly, makes one Christian? I attended a marriage equality rally in my home town recently; 200 people showed chanting for equal rights now and 7 protesters from the church across the street with Jesus signs. Which side is following in the footsteps of the Jesus characterization? All sorts of folk identify as Christian including hateful, bigoted hypocrites who are present and vocal; they seem to be representing the Christian religion. The pope has yet to come out in favor of equal rights for all, is he Christian enough? Conversely, I have a good friend who identifies as Christian, goes to church on Christmas and Easter, lives with her boyfriend (who is Russian Orthodox and opposes equal rights (so long as his rights are unimpinged)) but who nonetheless attempts to live according to scriptural teachings of Jesus and her own conscience. So, who is the true Christian: the judgmental righteous who claim we are all sinners and condemn others to eternal damnation but that they alone are God's chosen elite; or the good people who love and accept others unconditionally but who fail to live within the contextual obligations of the church they profess to serve?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@cameron83:

I think I know wht youre referring to. when they were about to stone the prostitute to death and jesus said "let he who is without sun cast the first stone" and everyone dropped their stones and walked away

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By cameron83

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

I think I know wht youre referring to. when they were about to stone the prostitute to death and jesus said "let he who is without sun cast the first stone" and everyone dropped their stones and walked away

Hm. Never heard of that one,but it suffices....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So people who refer to themselves as "Christian" are angered over what they see as Christian stereotyping and accuse others (me) of ignorance... How about another question, then, to dispel my ignorance? What, exactly, makes one Christian? I attended a marriage equality rally in my home town recently; 200 people showed chanting for equal rights now and 7 protesters from the church across the street with Jesus signs. Which side is following in the footsteps of the Jesus characterization? All sorts of folk identify as Christian including hateful, bigoted hypocrites who are present and vocal; they seem to be representing the Christian religion. The pope has yet to come out in favor of equal rights for all, is he Christian enough? Conversely, I have a good friend who identifies as Christian, goes to church on Christmas and Easter, lives with her boyfriend (who is Russian Orthodox and opposes equal rights (so long as his rights are unimpinged)) but who nonetheless attempts to live according to scriptural teachings of Jesus and her own conscience. So, who is the true Christian: the judgmental righteous who claim we are all sinners and condemn others to eternal damnation but that they alone are God's chosen elite; or the good people who love and accept others unconditionally but who fail to live within the contextual obligations of the church they profess to serve?

a great question. the answer, however, is that we are not able to answer that and ill tell you why. we are not to judge that is God's job. I cannot determine who is and isn't a Christian, I can only judge myself and my own actions. anything else is against God's word. the thing about God is that people have to willingly subscribe to him. he himself says if youre not genuine that its like luke wrm water in his mouth and he spits you out. so to force or scare someone into being Christian is the worst thing ever. I, for example, was raised in my grandfathers church but only 2 yers ago did I really start trying to live a Christian life as much as I could. And to answer another of your questions. To be christian means to be Christ-like. And the duty of a christian is to behave as Christ would. I hope I have answered your questions and if you have anymore please ask. I hope that I have not offended you in any way

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

or it could be the one about how no sin is greater than the other in God's eyes. stealing a pen=murder in God's eyes because you can ask for forgiveness and God will always 100% of the time forgive you and the only sin beiung unforgivable is suicide because its the only sin you cant ask for forgivness of

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By cameron83

It should be pretty clear that those people are not very....Christian.

It is certainly easy to see those people as the representation of Christians,being that they are everywhere and their ignorance speaks loudly above all.

But that is not how Christians are SUPPOSED to act. Not only that,but those so-called "Christians" shouldn't be used to represent the religion since they barely follow any of the teachings. The bible teaches love,acceptance,peace,etc yet all they do is hate what is different and judge others. Most Christians I know are nothing like this and follow the teachings of the bible,and there are thousands more that are overshadowed by the bigots. I've met a few of these idiots in my life and their ignorance and bias is staggering.

ESPECIALLY since they claim to be Christian,yet follow none of the teachings and all they can do is look down on others. In fact,A LOT of Christians are like this. I certainly don't think that most are like this,but many are. HOWEVER,it sickens me (this part isn't directed towards you) when people see the bigots and extremists as representatives of a group (even when the bigots and extremism is contrary to the teachings of the group). It's kinda like how people often stereotype muslims as terrorists. And this was HIGH during 9/11.

Anyway,don't think that those morons represent the religion or the people,because they do not. And sadly,they exist in every group...

Anyway,there are also a few things that one must do to identify as Christian (like believe in Jesus Christ as lord and savior and that he died for sins,follow the fundemental teachings of the bible,such as love and acceptance.You know,the treat thy neighbor as you would treat your brother and stuff like that.)

I don't think that you must get baptized in order to be a christian,It is not NECESSARY to go to a church (at least I think,since it doesn't really say that you MUST and that any place where there is at least 2 people who worship God,he will be present,or something like that...etc etc).

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

or it could be the one about how no sin is greater than the other in God's eyes. stealing a pen=murder in God's eyes because you can ask for forgiveness and God will always 100% of the time forgive you and the only sin beiung unforgivable is suicide because its the only sin you cant ask for forgivness of

Ah,yes. That was it.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc:

Old Testament

California

Comic: Uhhhh.....a lot

Movie: Uhhhhh............too many

YouTube Channel: NigaHiga and Jeremy Jahns

Sport: Martial Arts

Superman

d^_^b

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because someone takes a stand against gay marriage that doesn't make them hateful. Not everyone who's against gay marriage is christian nor is every reason for being against gay marriage religious. We live in a world now where anyone who speaks against gay marriage,even in the most polite way,gets bullied or harassed for it simply because their opinion isn't the same as the supporters.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

@docstrange said:

It is certainly easy to see those people as the representation of Christians,being that they are everywhere and their ignorance speaks loudly above all.

But that is not how Christians are SUPPOSED to act. Not only that,but those so-called "Christians" shouldn't be used to represent the religion since they barely follow any of the teachings. The bible teaches love,acceptance,peace,etc yet all they do is hate what is different and judge others. Most Christians I know are nothing like this and follow the teachings of the bible,and there are thousands more that are overshadowed by the bigots. I've met a few of these idiots in my life and their ignorance and bias is staggering.

ESPECIALLY since they claim to be Christian,yet follow none of the teachings and all they can do is look down on others. In fact,A LOT of Christians are like this. I certainly don't think that most are like this,but many are. HOWEVER,it sickens me (this part isn't directed towards you) when people see the bigots and extremists as representatives of a group (even when the bigots and extremism is contrary to the teachings of the group). It's kinda like how people often stereotype muslims as terrorists. And this was HIGH during 9/11.

Anyway,don't think that those morons represent the religion or the people,because they do not. And sadly,they exist in every group...

Anyway,there are also a few things that one must do to identify as Christian (like believe in Jesus Christ as lord and savior and that he died for sins,follow the fundemental teachings of the bible,such as love and acceptance.You know,the treat thy neighbor as you would treat your brother and stuff like that.)

I don't think that you must get baptized in order to be a christian,It is not NECESSARY to go to a church (at least I think,since it doesn't really say that you MUST and that any place where there is at least 2 people who worship God,he will be present,or something like that...etc etc).

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

Yet where are the loving Christians in the battle for equality and equal rights? Why so silent in opposing bigotry? Why does the pope not intercede? And why declare same sex love as a sin that must be confessed? They claim sex outside of marriage as sinful but prevent us from marrying, all the while doing it themselves before marriage (because they can confess later) and usually while trying to not procreate. And you wonder why I call 'foul'?

God loves all of us, right? We are all children of God? Then why create separate, and lesser, laws for some instead of applying all laws to all people? Why not fight for equality with us?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By cameron83

@docstrange said:

@cameron83:

@docstrange said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

Yet where are the loving Christians in the battle for equality and equal rights? Why so silent in opposing bigotry? Why does the pope not intercede? And why declare same sex love as a sin that must be confessed? They claim sex outside of marriage as sinful but prevent us from marrying, all the while doing it themselves before marriage (because they can confess later) and usually while trying to not procreate. And you wonder why I call 'foul'?

God loves all of us, right? We are all children of God? Then why create separate, and lesser, laws for some instead of applying all laws to all people? Why not fight for equality with us?

That's my point.Do you know how many Christians there are that DO do that?

Because of the bigots,these Christians are not only overshadowed,but seen as nonexistent...which is the case here.

They aren't silent in opposing the bigotry,but because the bigots speak louder than all else,it casts the illusion that these people do not exist.

I can see why you call foul,but as I said,there are many christians that do the opposite of what you speak and actually DO fight for equal rights. It sickens me that the bigots seem to be the only ones that people see...yet at the same time people completely overlook the non-bigots.

So:

1. There ARE MANY christians that do fight for said equality and DO oppose such bigotry.But because of the bigots,they are overlooked. So I call foul in that you paint all Christians with the same "hateful" brush (not saying that you are hateful,but that you are claiming that all Christians are hateful). It is definitely not fair and ignorant in the sense of inexposure being that,as said,there are hundreds,even thousands of these people and ones that fight for equality. And it's frustrating that people completely ignore them and stereotype all Christians the next second. It seems they are not only exposed to bigots,but completely overlook the good ones. That frustrates me....

2. What do you mean? The same rules apply to everyone.. Do you not understand Christianity?

I am confused.......

Anyway,I don't think you have been exposed to enough Christians. Not that you need to,but again,you seem very ignorant of Christians. I am not saying ignorant in the hateful sense,but in the sense of "lack of knowledge;underexposure,etc.". We are all ignorant to some degree.

Unfortunately,the bigots exist in,as I said,all groups.That includes Christianity. And because their bigotry speaks louder than all,they are the only ones seen and the mass of good ones are overlooked and seen as nonexistent. I have seen this happen many times and use to do it myself....

It's like a person who only looks at the stereotypes and terrorists and says to a muslim " Why do you guys like to blow things up?"

Not only is the question incredibly ignorant of Muslims,but also stereotypes and generalizes and paints them all with the same brush. It's also one of the reasons that Muslims are attacked. People are not only ignorant of the religion and Muslims,but also attack anyone that LOOKS Muslim (For example,Sikh).

So again,you seem to be very ignorant of Christians and Christianity,but not ignorant in the sense of bigoted or hateful.Just bigoted in the sense that you are underexposed (you seem to be only familiar with the bigots and generalizations). And again,We are ALL ignorant to some degree. Show me a human being that is omniscient and I will retract that statement.

While some people say this with aggressiveness,I honestly mean this:

Have a nice day (or night,wherever you are)!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#166  Edited By Wolverine008

@docstrange said:

@cameron83:

@docstrange said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

Because of the bigots,these Christians are not only overshadowed,but seen as nonexistent...which is the case here.

They aren't silent in opposing the bigotry,but because the bigots speak louder than all else,it casts the illusion that these people do not exist.

I can see why you call foul,but as I said,there are many christians that do the opposite of what you speak and actually DO fight for equal rights. It sickens me that the bigots seem to be the only ones that people see...yet at the same time people completely overlook the non-bigots.

So:

1. There ARE MANY christians that do fight for said equality and DO oppose such bigotry.But because of the bigots,they are overlooked. So I call foul in that you paint all Christians with the same "hateful" brush (not saying that you are hateful,but that you are claiming that all Christians are hateful). It is definitely not fair and ignorant in the sense of inexposure being that,as said,there are hundreds,even thousands of these people and ones that fight for equality. And it's frustrating that people completely ignore them and stereotype all Christians the next second. It seems they are not only exposed to bigots,but completely overlook the good ones. That frustrates me....

2. What do you mean? The same rules apply to everyone.. Do you not understand Christianity?

I am confused.......

Anyway,I don't think you have been exposed to enough Christians. Not that you need to,but again,you seem very ignorant of Christians. I am not saying ignorant in the hateful sense,but in the sense of "lack of knowledge;underexposure,etc.". We are all ignorant to some degree.

Unfortunately,the bigots exist in,as I said,all groups.That includes Christianity. And because their bigotry speaks louder than all,they are the only ones seen and the mass of good ones are overlooked and seen as nonexistent. I have seen this happen many times and use to do it myself....

Preach my brother! PREACH!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@docstrange said:

@cameron83:

@docstrange said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

So:

I am confused.......

Preach my brother! PREACH!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By pooty

@sog7dc: you can ask for forgiveness and God will always 100% of the time forgive you

Sog7dc I like your enthusiasm. i really do. but a few things you say are off. I encourage you to read the Bible for yourself. The Bible says God will not forgive all sins. continued below

the only sin beiung unforgivable is suicide because its the only sin you cant ask for forgivness of

I will send you the comic book of your choice if you can show me the scripture that says that. There is an unforgivable sin. but it is not suicide. let me know when you find out what it is (:. also a person who practices sin will not be forgiven.

@cameron83: @sog7dc: when they were about to stone the prostitute to death and jesus said "let he who is without sun cast the first stone

that is my favorite scripture..... SO DON'T MESS IT UP. LOL. it was an adulteress woman not a prostitute. John 8:3

@docstrange: who is the true Christian: the judgmental righteous who claim we are all sinners and condemn others to eternal damnation but that they alone are God's chosen elite; or the good people who love and accept others unconditionally but who fail to live within the contextual obligations of the church they profess to serve?

None of them are true Christians. A true Christian does not hate. but that does not mean they have to condone all things. Also a person who practices sin(living in sin) is not a Christian either.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Keep this thread on topic.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@sog7dc: you can ask for forgiveness and God will always 100% of the time forgive you

Sog7dc I like your enthusiasm. i really do. but a few things you say are off. I encourage you to read the Bible for yourself. The Bible says God will not forgive all sins. continued below

the only sin beiung unforgivable is suicide because its the only sin you cant ask for forgivness of

I will send you the comic book of your choice if you can show me the scripture that says that. There is an unforgivable sin. but it is not suicide. let me know when you find out what it is (:. also a person who practices sin will not be forgiven.

@cameron83: @sog7dc: when they were about to stone the prostitute to death and jesus said "let he who is without sun cast the first stone

that is my favorite scripture..... SO DON'T MESS IT UP. LOL. it was an adulteress woman not a prostitute. John 8:3

@docstrange: who is the true Christian: the judgmental righteous who claim we are all sinners and condemn others to eternal damnation but that they alone are God's chosen elite; or the good people who love and accept others unconditionally but who fail to live within the contextual obligations of the church they profess to serve?

None of them are true Christians. A true Christian does not hate. but that does not mean they have to condone all things. Also a person who practices sin(living in sin) is not a Christian either.

1. please tell me where that is. I am currently reading my way through the bible and all I have read is about forgivness

2.suicide is unforgivable because you cant ask for forgivness. I think we may be hitting a barrier because I have never read God say he wont forgive

3. sorry. mistake in my memory there

im sorry if I sounded at all contentious here.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

Matthew 12:31

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men"

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

1) I knew you would find it!! Suicide is NOT unforgivable because Jesus died for our sins even if we don't ask for forgiveness. For ex: if I go commit adultery. on my way home i'm killed in a car accident. is that sin not forgiven because I never asked for forgiveness?

2) you already found one scripture. the other is Hebrews 10:26. For if we deliberately persist in sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins

3) Happens to me constantly

I hope I don't sound like i'm nitpicking. But the more accurate you are the less "haters"can attack you.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Ok see now I think we're on the same page. But the thing we addresse in number 1. I don't know. I thought you had to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Remember something. We are imperfect. so we sin without even knowing we are sinning. also we don't have a perfect memory. so we may forget things.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name

I thought that once we accept Jesus as our Savior our we are redeemed from that moment

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't ask for forgiveness with suicide..Suicide is like telling God you hate him for creating you. Pooty getting killed in a car accident wasn't your choice,whereas those who commit suicide chose to do it..If they didn't then it'd be homicide because somebody did it for them. After reading what Strange just said I'm assuming he's a homosexual,but his posts sound like rants all because everyone who's religious won't support his ways. Sounds to me like Strange is just wanting to force his opinions on others and if they don't support him or agree with his ways then that makes them the "hateful" ones..Why should the pope come out? So if he doesn't support "equal rights" then that makes him the bad guy? It's things like this that's part of what's wrong with this world nowadays..A side that can't handle opposition and they think their opinions are the right ones otherwise the ones against them are the "bad guys."

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@gambit474: Don't say too much; he'll just use it as fodder for his nonsense.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point..after rereading some of the things he's saying it sounds like he just wants to exploit the part of Christians being "loving" in that they should be forced to accept him or his ways otherwise they're "hateful". Life don't work that way

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

You can't ask for forgiveness with suicide. Suicide is like telling God you hate him for creating you.

Wow.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By jointron33

@gambit474: One area I need work on is that, because I honestly despise ppl like him who want ppl to love them for their nasty bedroom antics

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Veshark

As for the question of whether suicide is unforgivable, I'd look at Romans 8:38-39:

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I think that personally, even though the person has died, it does not necessarily mean he can't repent. In suicide, the person is not consciously trying to sin against God. It's usually an act of desperation, to escape pain et cetera.Things like suicide by depression or illness, most people aren't in a healthy state of mind in those situations, they misjudge calls when their frame of mind isn't healthy.

The truth is we don't definitively know what happens post-suicide...but we can have faith and trust that God is just. The verse above says that even in death, we are not separated from God. There is still hope for salvation, I believe.

Heck, even Samson technically 'committed suicide', yet in Hebrews 11, he is listed among those saved.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By InnerVenom123

@gambit474: One area I need work on is that, because I honestly despise ppl like him who want ppl to love them for their nasty bedroom antics

I feel like I've stumbled into Wonderland.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys please, practice tolerance here. Many Christians here complain about the comments made about our religion by atheists, but that same issue goes both ways. Please don't hate others for their sexual orientation (and I'm pretty sure this is against the rules too).

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

You can't ask for forgiveness with suicide. Suicide is like telling God you hate him for creating you.

Wow.

Is there a thread where this guy doesn't show up

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By InnerVenom123

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

@gambit474 said:

Wow.

Not in off-topic. I kind of own the place.

Sorry. (I'm not sorry.)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Pooty was killed in a car accident? WHEN?

(Kidding. Thought some levity was needed here.....alright, I never said it was good levity.)

As for the question of whether suicide is unforgivable, I'd look at Romans 8:38-39:

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I think that personally, even though the person has died, it does not necessarily mean he can't repent. In suicide, the person is not consciously trying to sin against God. It's usually an act of desperation, to escape pain et cetera.Things like suicide by depression or illness, most people aren't in a healthy state of mind in those situations, they misjudge calls when their frame of mind isn't healthy.

The truth is we don't definitively know what happens post-suicide...but we can have faith and trust that God is just. The verse above says that even in death, we are not separated from God. There is still hope for salvation, I believe.

Heck, even Samson technically 'committed suicide', yet in Hebrews 11, he is listed among those saved.

your initial line that I bolded and underlined almost made me have a heart attack...

I would not joke around about people dying...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Veshark

@king_saturn

Sorry if I gave you a scare there. It wasn't so much a joke as a tongue-in-cheek reference to the ongoing discussion (Pooty being in car accident being a given example), but if it disturbs you that much I'll get rid of it.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Gambit474

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

@gambit474 said:

Wow.

Not in off-topic. I kind of own the place.

Sorry. (I'm not sorry.)

That's ok..I'll just flatter myself and say I have a stalker

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By InnerVenom123

That's ok..I'll just flatter myself and say I have a stalker

That takes me back. MasterJohn said the same thing once.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By King_Saturn

Just to get some of you wonderful believing folks going in the morning...

Question : Often times you hear the concept of Sin becoming an issue unto the world from what Adam and Eve supposedly did with eating some stuff off of a tree back in the Garden of Eden... now whether or not one believes in this event or not. Supposedly through this act of disobedience we have an entering in of Sin into Humanity... Now here is the 1,000,000 question ? If Sin can enter in off of an act whether you believe it or not... Why Does It Take Faith To Be Saved When Supposedly It Was An Action ( Yeshua / Jesus Dying On A Cross For Sins ) That Nullifies The Problem Of Sin ? Why do you have to believe or accept anything to be Saved... when you didn't have to believe or accept anything to be condemned in the first place ? Ultimately if Jesus died for you... whether you believe it or not it should be that which saves you regardless of what you believe or accept.

For a better analogy, if Superman was Real and he saved someone out of a burning building but the person was incapacitated at the time. When the person comes to, and saves he doesn't believe Superman is real or that Superman saved him because he see's no evidence of a Superman being possible in RL. Does that change what Superman did for the person ? Why does it have to be accepted by the person for the act itself to be valid when it's already been done for him ?

Challengers Please

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a better analogy, if Superman was Real and he saved someone out of a burning building but the person was incapacitated at the time. When the person comes to, and saves he doesn't believe Superman is real or that Superman saved him because he see's no evidence of a Superman being possible in RL. Does that change what Superman did for the person ? Why does it have to be accepted by the person for the act itself to be valid when it's already been done for him ?

Saturn, baby, I love you and all... but this is a terrible analogy.

There's plenty of evidence that Superman exists.

Didn't you read the exclusive Lois Lane put out?!

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: He gets what he deserves. I don't hate homos, just a holes and idiots

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't instead of derailing a thread take it to a pm.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By pooty

@innervenom123: Sorry. (I'm not sorry.)

LOL

@veshark

:

very good scripture regarding suicide. I like scriptural proof not man made theories.

@gambit474: You can't ask for forgiveness with suicide

I know. But what does the Bible say is the unforgivable sin? Not a pastor, not what a pope says... What does the Bible say?

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: You can't ask for forgiveness with suicide..Suicide is like telling God you hate him for creating you. Pooty getting killed in a car accident wasn't your choice,whereas those who commit suicide chose to do it..If they didn't then it'd be homicide because somebody did it for them. After reading what Strange just said I'm assuming he's a homosexual,but his posts sound like rants all because everyone who's religious won't support his ways. Sounds to me like Strange is just wanting to force his opinions on others and if they don't support him or agree with his ways then that makes them the "hateful" ones..Why should the pope come out? So if he doesn't support "equal rights" then that makes him the bad guy? It's things like this that's part of what's wrong with this world nowadays..A side that can't handle opposition and they think their opinions are the right ones otherwise the ones against them are the "bad guys."

@jointron33: : One area I need work on is that, because I honestly despise ppl like him who want ppl to love them for their nasty bedroom antics

Okay... a lot going on here. Accusations about me, although not directed to me, based on clear misconceptions and apparent hatred of (actual and perceived) homosexuals. Interesting that you gents consider yourselves to be tolerant and me to be the hater. And from someone who obviously fails to understand suicidal ideation and clinical depression. But in the interest of remaining on topic...

I was raised Christian, though I consider myself more spiritual than religious now, and was part of a multi-denominational youth group as a teenager, I also live and work around prevalent a Christian population; so I have known many different types of Christians and people in general. Thing is, anybody who considers themselves Christian is assumed to be Christian, even though their opinions and day-to-day practices vary tremendously. What, then, are the similarities? Most people who oppose marriage equality do so in the name of Christianity, without knowing why. The argument is usually 'God wants' or 'the Bible says' without any valid argument. The opinions of the Catholic pope are huge, and he has spoken out against equal rights. Most Christians don't wait until marriage, they agree with divorce, they may or may not attend church services regularly, and they fail to consistently partake of their own sacraments but continue to judge others as though their way is the only path to some amorphous salvation. Each of the Abrahamic religions preaches that they alone will see paradise after death and all others are condemned (aside from the Catholics who teach that only saints ascend, good Catholics who obey the sacraments (at least in time for death) see Purgatory and unbaptized babies and 'nobel Pagans' are routed to Limbo). The Buddha has said that the paths to enlightenment are many, but he is not a god, just an Enlightened One, and Buddhism is not so much a religion as a spiritual and life practice (but that, too, depends on the definition of religion that one uses). My point is that people who self-identify as Christian have an unfortunate tendency, in my experience, to judge others while accepting and tolerating their own exceptions to their rules; they judge others by the measure of the Christian religion while accepting that they themselves fail to live up to their own standards; they see the splinter in the eye of the rest of us while failing to remove the log in their own. And I? I endeavor to live, grow and love while expecting others to extend a similar courtesy; it's when that doesn't happen that I speak up. So go on talking to each other about how you "despise people" who are different from yet the same as you, for standing up and demanding equality for all; hate, judge and condemn in the sanctity of your elitist clubhouse thread intended for "christians" to "christians" and your comments on how I and people like me are being judgmental; you can damage me socially and even turn the mods against me by sheer strength of opposing numbers, but you'll never touch the spirit.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Gambit474

Holy wall of text batman. This thread was perfectly fine and peaceful until you came in trying to point fingers at everybody.

DocStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474:

After all that, the best you could come up with was a tired accusation of 'it's all your fault' and the ad hominem equivalent of 'I'm rubber, you're glue...'?

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Saturn, baby, I love you and all... but this is a terrible analogy.

There's plenty of evidence that Superman exists.

Didn't you read the exclusive Lois Lane put out?!

ha ha ha...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: Please excersize tolerance and love. It's Gods place to judge not ours

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Gambit474

No Doc,I already mentioned before that I didn't waste any form of time on arguing with someone like yourself because what you're doing and going on about isn't the purpose of this thread.