This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people. This is to be a thread of love so any name calling, flame warring or abusive language will be flagged. EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here. so there you have it. I figure the best way to introduce yourself will be to answer the following questions:

your favorite scripture? (try to pick one specific scripture to quote)

where are you from?

how old are you?

favorite comics, movies, youtube channels, sports?

and your favorite superhero?

God Bless :)

#2 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

New testament

A hobbit hole :P

DC, I like the let play side of youtube

Captain Kirk

#3 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

lol why didn't I think of making a thread like this haha

1. hmm I like the entire new testament

2. Albany new york

3. 20

4. Green lantern, aquaman, justice league, batman. Man of steel, avengers, saving private ryan, king artuhur and bleach anime lol

5. green lantern hal jordan

#5 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Shrugs lol doesn't it just mean religous writing ?

I'm not the best Christian lol

This better for ya ?

#6 Edited by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I ouht to introduce my self

My name is Christian

Im from East St Louis Illinois

favorite scripture is "Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven and all these things will be added unto you"

im 20 years old

my favorite comic right now is Thor god of thunder (im hoping superman unchained takes that spot though), favorite movie is "Good Will Hunting" (at least that's my fav today), favorite youtube channel is definitely Comicbookgirl19, and my favorite sport is Football....not soccer im talking football :)

Favorite Superhero.....that's tough...tie between Superman and Goku

#8 Posted by russellmania77 (15679 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome thread

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

The Quran and the Hadiths (sahih)

Istanbul, turkey

Spidey batman deadpool jla supes and others

A stalemate between spiderman and batman

#10 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001:

Batman and superman are popular in Islamic countries too. Awesome!!

Thats so cool someone from istanbul likes super heros.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

oh come on there has to be more of us than this lol well I guess the bible says "where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name I will be in the midst"

#12 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (15623 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I'm still trying figure my favoite scripture but..

I'm 19

USA

I have a lot but I like football and baseball.I enjot the avengers and JL comics out right but still looking out for more.I like Metal Gear games

My favorite has to be Captain Amercia but that is just one of my favorites.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I am a Deist but I should still be able to answer these

1. Ecclesiastes 3:19 "Surely the fate of the Human Beings is like that of the Animals, the same fate awaits them both : As one dies so dies the other. All have the same breath; Humans have no advantage over Animals. Everything is Meaningless" ( NIV )

2. Dade County !

3. 27

4. Green Lantern, The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Basketball, Hockey, Mixed Martial Arts, DarkMatter2525

5. Silver Surfer

#15 Posted by pooty (11410 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1854 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm from San Jose,CA

My favorite bible scripture is Joshua 1:9 " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

I'm 20 years old but I'll be turning 21 this August

My favorite comics are Avengers, The Incredible Hulks , Captain America, among others.

My favorite sports are baseball and soccer

Movies... It's a very long list!

My favorite super hero is Superman (since my childhood)

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I'll check it out :)

#18 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gi_joe_: My favorite is superman too :)....well a tie between superman and goku

#19 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

your favorite scripture? John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Such a great and comforting verse!!

where are you from? California

how old are you? 17

favorite comics? Batman, WW, The Flash, Daredevil, Deadpool. currently

of all time: All Star Superman, Killing Joke, Batman Hush, Kingdom Come

movies? Dark Knight, Inception, The Prestige, Man of Steel, Pulp Fiction, Django

sports? Basketball

and your favorite superhero? Batman

#20 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all should check out "Blankets." It got ranked as the best 1 comic of 2003 and number 8 of the decade. My pastor recommended it to me. It's a story about an evangelical Christian family of the author and his life. Unfortunately, he wrote it to tell his parents that he wasn't Christian anymore...

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (43802 posts) - - Show Bio

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Detroit, Michigan

Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Thor: God of Thunder, Daredevil, TMNT, Scarlet Spider, Uncanny Avengers, Aquaman, and New Avengers currently.

Enter The Dragon, Fist of Legend, Rumble in The Bronx, Batman Begins, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man 1, Paid in Full, Menace to Society, and Fight Club.

Shotokun Karate and Basketball

Wolverine!

#22 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: great passage! Very similar to the one I posted

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22232 posts) - - Show Bio

John 3:16, I know I know the basic answer.

Iowa

Earth 2, night wing, small ville.

Invincible08

Kick-Ass, Man of Steel, Super, Batman begins.

I'm not into sports, like at all......

Superman

#24 Edited by SuperManofSteel (22 posts) - - Show Bio

your favorite scripture? And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. ~ Luke 4:8

favorite comics, movies, youtube channels, sports? Action Comics, Smallville, Green Lantern. Movies - Man of Steel, Book of Eli, Super

and your favorite superhero? Superman

#25 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

WHERE MY CHRISTIAN PEEPS AT

Favorite Scripture: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile (Romans 1:16)

Where I'm from: Malaysia, Southeast Asia

Favorite Comics: All-Star Superman, The Ultimates, Moon Knight: The Bottom

Favorite Hero: Batman

#26 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see a Christian community here

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

i love that scripture. that is about to bring tears to my eyes

#28 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@veshark:

Mm definitely man. Heard it in a Christian rap song once, and it's been my favorite verse ever since.

#29 Edited by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

help it grow. tell your friends about the page :)

#30 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15623 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:
@sog7dc said:

@veshark:

Mm definitely man. Heard it in a Christian rap song once, and it's b ?een my favorite verse ever since.

Really ?

#31 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:
@sog7dc said:

@veshark:

Mm definitely man. Heard it in a Christian rap song once, and it's b ?een my favorite verse ever since.

Really ?

Yup, Lecrae. Great Christian rapper/ministry leader.

Check out his song Prayin' For You. Even my Christian friends who dislike rap love this song:

#32 Posted by SuperManofSteel (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Good night.

#33 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

your favorite scripture? And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. ~ Luke 4:8

favorite comics, movies, youtube channels, sports? Action Comics, Smallville, Green Lantern. Movies - Man of Steel, Book of Eli, Super

and your favorite superhero? Superman

Awesome scripture choice!

superman is my absolute favorite as well.

Book of Eli almost made me cry at the end

I really need to get caught up on Action comics...

#34 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I absolutely love Contemporary Christian music.

#35 Posted by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I stopped being a christian long ago, but I do believe in a god.

2. Virginia

3. Batman/ TMNT comics, MoS, Injustice yt channels I guess, Steelers (football)

4. Batman and Superman

#36 Posted by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Think god (literally) that you posted this because I'm Christian tooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡!¡¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!

#37 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

This thread is dedicated to finding comic book readers, people who enjoy videogames, fiction, books, toys, cons, movies, youtube etc that also have a love and a relationship with God. the purpose of this thread is to be a hub for like minded people. This is to be a thread of love so any name calling, flame warring or abusive language will be flagged. EVERY BODY IS WELCOME HERE we are all sinners that have fallen short of the glory of God so no judgment is to be passed here. so there you have it. I figure the best way to introduce yourself will be to answer the following questions:

your favorite scripture? (try to pick one specific scripture to quote):(Do unto other as you would want done to you)

where are you from?: (Born in Japan, raised in San Diego, Virginia and Wisconsin.)

how old are you?:18+

favorite comics(Venom,Nova,Superman), movies(Spider-Man Trilogy, Avengers series, Social Network, Toy Story and more), youtube channels(I go to many, but I really dig Smosh Games and Smosh), sports(not too big in sports, but I enjoy baseball and do some running and biking)?

and your favorite superhero?(Spider-Man all the way)

God Bless :)(DONT BRING RELIGION INTO THIS!!!!! Lol)

Technically I'm Catholic, but Christian nonetheless.

#38 Posted by xlab3000 (3325 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
Texas
Justice League(new 52)
Goku and The Big 3(JLA)

#39 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

Yuck... the only good Christian music is Black Gospel

#40 Edited by knightofthechronicle (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Isaiah 40:29-31

My favorite comic right now is Green Arrow, I love the entire Fast and Furious franchise

My favorite hero is The Flash

#41 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone in this thread needs to read the Action Bible. I renounced my faith but the art in that book is gnarly.

#42 Edited by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: beware my friend for making this thread is a good thing and a bad thing

The good:were finding Christians on comicvine!

The bad:next thing you know you might create a religious war on comicvine! Did you hear me comicvine! My reason for saying that are this

next thing you know there might be a nudist thread then a Muslim thread then a Hindu thread!

But then againoure god alwaythaught us to never to be afraid so in the end its a good thingr

#43 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

While I am Agnostic I was raised Roman Catholic.

1. Scripture:

Matthew 7:1-2 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

John 8:7 "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

I also like the anglicized rhyming translation of the first two stanzas of Dies Irae:

"Day of wrath! O' day of mourning!

See fullfilled the prophets warning,

Heaven and Earth in ashes burning!"

"O' what fear man's bosom rendeth,

When from heaven the judge descendeth,

upon whose sentence all dependeth."

2. Canada

3. N/A

4. Favorite stuff:

Comics: Batman: The Killing Joke, All-Star Superman, Superman: Red Son

Movies: The man who planted trees, Jet Li's Fearless, Le conseguenze dell'amore, UP, Lawrence of Arabia

Sports: MMA, Weightlifting, Sprinting

5. Favorite Superhero(s): Superman and Batman flip back and forth for spot #1

#44 Posted by cameron83 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

ever heard Tamela Mann?

#45 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

*shrugs*

:)

#46 Edited by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: sorry for all my bad spelling and bad spacing. Hope you could still read it thoe

#47 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: I fear no war because I will take no part in a war. I made this thread to connect with other Christians and share scriptures and bond over our mutual interest in nerdy things. If someone starts a war I'll a) notify a mod b) pray for them and c) continue my fellowship with the people who came here with love.

#48 Posted by SOG7dc (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

A soft answer turneth away wrath

#49 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Yup, Lecrae. Great Christian rapper/ministry leader.

Check out his song Prayin' For You. Even my Christian friends who dislike rap love this song:

I'm not a Christian, but I remember this song from back in the day. And it is pretty good.

#50 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Although saying that, the guy got alot a flack because people said it was copy of Eminem's Stan, but hey ho.......