#1 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

ok. so this here. this touched my heart deep (dont know if it sounds good. dont care). this is a wondeful human being. i just wanted to say that. the link to the article: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/christian-bale-visits-colorado-shooting-victims-220129641.html
and to point out this: Bale is said to have gone of his own volition, according to a Warner Bros. employee: "Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Bros.,". i can understand that he maybe just went there not telling anybody but somehow this seems, to me at least, as if WB doesnt really care. ive read somewhere that they will be sending some funds. but idk.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20429 posts) - - Show Bio

That's neat for a celebrity to use their own time to do something nice like that.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25541 posts) - - Show Bio

That is really, really nice of him, he could have just gone about his normal life, but to take time out of his life to visit those in need, shows he is a pretty darn good person, my respect for him just skyrocketed. 

#4 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

That is really, really nice of him, he could have just gone about his normal life, but to take time out of his life to visit those in need, shows he is a pretty darn good person, my respect for him just skyrocketed.

Same here.

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8808 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a really good man for doing this.

#6 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad he visited them as himself and not batman. It would had been awkward if a little kid came up to and said,"Why didn't you save us batman."

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17856 posts) - - Show Bio

He's both an outstanding actor and man.

#8 Posted by HolySerpent (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

Good on him yes

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Good man, right there.

#11 Posted by BatWatch (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

Good for him.

#12 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

That was kind of him. I still hate him.

#13 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like he got on Facebook.

But on a serious note, this is cool.

#14 Edited by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice PR there buddy.

EDIT: Low Shoulder

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chronus said:

That was kind of him. I still hate him.

#16 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy to see that there are good men left in this world.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The hero Colorado deserves :')

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

He's both an outstanding actor and man.

True that. Wasn't he arrested in China some months back for attempting to visit his hero, that blind activist Chen?

#19 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he did he's the godd@mn Batman.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17856 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Bah I don't know, if it's true then he's definitely redeemed himself :P

#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@ssejllenrad: Bah I don't know, if it's true then he's definitely redeemed himself :P

Redeem from what?

#22 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this was really good of him to do.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17856 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Some of the crazy sh!t he's done in the past :P

#24 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

I tip my hat to him. 

#25 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

it's always nice to have a little light in a dark situation

#26 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale is a supreme gentleman. He adores his craft, he doesn't squander the gifts of his life and he is always outgoing with people. People think he's a jerk just because of the on-set rant, but he really is a splendid person.

#27 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

A noble deed indeed.

#28 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

We love you Bale! haha

#29 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

And then they sat down together and watched American Psycho.

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Christian Bale is a supreme gentleman. He adores his craft, he doesn't squander the gifts of his life and he is always outgoing with people. People think he's a jerk just because of the on-set rant, but he really is a splendid person.

The lighting guy/whoever got in the way was an idiot.

#31 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting Nolan to but okay

#32 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:

Loved him already, but this is true.   

@RainEffect said:

Yup. He's passionate and doesn't suffer fools. Because of that, morons think he's a jerk.  

@InnerVenom123 said: 

The lighting guy/whoever got in the way was an idiot.

This too. 
#33 Posted by lemonthrains (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Christain Bale is much more classy then that meth head douche Robert Downey Jr.

#34 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really nice act by Bale. I'm sure the kids loved seeing him visit them. And it's definitely better he went as himself rather than Batman. Would have been very awkward suffice to say.

#35 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

This.

#36 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

I'm glad he visited them as himself and not batman. It would had been awkward if a little kid came up to and said,"Why didn't you save us batman."

That awkward moment.

#37 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful thing of Bale to do. But I also can understand why celebrities wouldn't visit in the same situation. It seems very easy to mistake this as a photo opportunity rather than an act of kindness, especially when celebrity is involved. However this was an appropriate and nice thing to do.

#38 Posted by Feral Nova (47406 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he felt a lot of social media pressure to visit them (I know Facebook and Tumblr were doint a 'share if you want Christian Bale to visit CO shooting victims) but either way, for him to actually go and do it, is awesome of him. He could have easily said 'Oh I'm too busy right now' and just laid around in his millions of dollars estate.

I'm proud of him <3

But he's still a mean jerk LOL

#39 Posted by space_coyote (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's a class act