Chris Rock refuses to perform for College students!

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chris Rock Quote:

I stopped playing colleges, and the reason is because they’re way too conservative.

In their political views?

Not in their political views — not like they’re voting Republican — but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of “We’re not going to keep score in the game because we don’t want anybody to lose.” Or just ignoring race to a fault. You can’t say “the black kid over there.” No, it’s “the guy with the red shoes.” You can’t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive.

When did you start to notice this?

About eight years ago. Probably a couple of tours ago. It was just like, This is not as much fun as it used to be. I remember talking to George Carlin before he died and him saying the exact same thing.

What point is it for a comedian like Chris Rock to share his opinions with a crowd that refuses to listen to any controversial opinions. That's not how it's supposed to work, isolation doesn't help anybody with the world's problems. A lot of modern day students were raised to not keep score of games when they were kids because it doesn't matter who wins, just that everyone participates. A lot of college students were not really raised by their parents but by the system that has conformed their censorship.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Hayden86

Good for him. He has been in stand up most of his life and can make this call. Plus the college circuit is trash to being with. Unless you are dane cook and ride that 2 year wave of crazy.

You know Rock is speaking the truth. He spoke with Carlin. Nothing more to say.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is some sense to that, but someone will eventually have to come along and desensitize them or the ultra-sensitivity of society will just keep on growing.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I sure as hell wasn't raised like that

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If he feels college students suck, then they suck. It's his gig, he's at the point of his career where he can say f%ck college kids and people will still see him.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I hate most college kids to, Chris Rock.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for him.

Beata

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. A family member of mine is like this, she will want to watch a stand up comedy show, and she will, but instead of shutting up and attempting to enjoy the show, she sits there and points out everything that is offensive and running her trap lol its so f****** annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If the crowd doesn't like him, he should play to another crowd. Simple business, really.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not wrong.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

you know I could potentially respect those kinda people if they weren't always at Starbucks everyday wearing a scarf and typing their autobiography on a MacBook 5 a clock in the morning. Nobody is gonna f'n read or buy it so why the hell are you doing it! You know your life isn't interesting!

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Oh come on it is good ol' Chris Rock. Of course he wil offend somebody eventualy)

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The college crowd sucks. I agree with him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

I agree. A family member of mine is like this, she will want to watch a stand up comedy show, and she will, but instead of shutting up and attempting to enjoy the show, she sits there and points out everything that is offensive and running her trap lol its so f****** annoying.

I know a girl like this as well lol. She got offended about a ginger big (she's black) and stopped talking to me because I found it hilarious

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@cgoodness: That's why their writing in Starkbucks..at five am. Lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

He's so f*cking right.

I was in college and some uptight girl got mad because some used the word "rapey" to describe Blurred Line lyrics in an essay. The lyrics ARE rapey.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Seems like every girl on a college corner is a crusader for political correctness.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said: