No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why compare him to the Answer? Paul's a 1, Iverson's a 2.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chillxpill: To me Chris Paul is a better overall player but A.I is a Shooting Guard and CP3 is a Point guard buddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paul is the better overall player. Not to say Iverson couldn't have done the same things... imo he just never chose to. He was buckets all day nothin else, he played D too.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: I agree with you Chris Paul by the end of his career will be much better than A.I

To me Chris Paul is in the top 5 point guards in the history of the NBA

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

Paul is a better, more rounded player overall based on what he's shown, but I think Allen Iverson could have replicated his great versatility had he been given the chance. Iverson was just placed in a situation where he had to be limited to being the eminent scorer for the 76ers.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think CP3 is overall better but he does need to lead a team somewhere at some point in the playoffs. Iverson at least was able to win an mvp and lead a team to the finals. We can make excuses for him being in a much tougher conf than Iverson was but he is playing on a more talented team and should be able to win his conference at least once.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: I agree with you Chris Paul by the end of his career will be much better than A.I

To me Chris Paul is in the top 5 point guards in the history of the NBA

Magic, Stockton, Robertson, Payton, Isiah.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@africanwilds: By the end of his career i think he should pass isiah and maybe payton but thats debatble i guess we gotta wait and see

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question doesn't make any sense... Allen Iverson and Chris Paul don't really play the same position. Iverson is a Shooting Guard, the best scoring Little Man in the history of the game. Chris Paul is an elite Point Guard, just a shade under Isiah Thomas in skill IMO.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChillxPill

@king_saturn: Doesn't Paul play the same position though. He did say he had 3 because of A.I.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paul is a pure pg.

He'll become a scorer if he needs to tho. Iverson is scorer nothin else.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Doesn't Paul play the same position though. He did say he had 3 because of A.I.

Chris Paul is a Pure Point Guard... Allen Iverson plays Point Guard and Shooting Guard... the Sixers needed Iverson to play Shooting Guard because they needed some serious offense because no one else could really create their own offense for the Sixers team... especially when Jerry Stackhouse left, that's when Iverson's scoring went up a lot too. Philly needed it to. CP3 has always been a PG... he aint gunning for 30 points a night like Iverson is.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just because he has his number doesn't mean he plays the same position. Jordan was a guard. Lebron is a forward. but lebron still wears 23

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Organics can't defeat machines!

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I know that.. In this case it's different because Paul is a PG and A.I played that position. That's the reason why he wanted 3. There's significants to it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I know that.. In this case it's different because Paul is a PG and A.I played that position. That's the reason why he wanted 3. There's significants to it.

Or he just liked A.I as a player. even if he wasn't a point guard CP may have wanted that number anyway

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: But.. that's not just the case.

That was his inspiration as a PG. He didn't just pick him because "he just liked A.I".

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: But.. that's not just the case.

That was his inspiration as a PG. He didn't just pick him because "he just liked A.I".

speculation. we have seen people pick numbers of players just because they liked that player regardless of position

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ChillxPill

@pooty: Wrong. A.I was an inspiration, and had influence on CP.. “I wanted braids as a kid because of Allen Iverson, I WEAR THE NUMBER THREE AND PLAY HOW I PLAY because of Allen Iverson”

Paul liking Iverson is implied.. They played the same position.. His play style is due to the fluence A.I had on him as a Point Guard.. that's no coincidence. It has significance.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Paul is impressive but he`s no Allen Iverson.