Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#253  Edited By Agony
@Alpha said:
"No form is better than the other, It comes down to the person executing it. "

that is exactly right and true if u ask any person that is actually a kung fu or karate legend they will tell u that
Tradog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#254  Edited By Tradog
@Static Shock said:
" @Tradog said:
Ah ok do you train in any style? "
Shotokan Karate. "
nice sounds like street fighter lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#255  Edited By Static Shock
@Tradog said:
nice sounds like street fighter lol "
Actually, Ryu and Ken don't really take that. They study a modified, non-lethal form of Ansatsuken (assassin fist). It's just that when the game was brought to America, they translated the style to Shotokan do to a localization error in the game. Now, everyone thinks that they are masters of Shotokan due to a common misconception. LOL.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Static Shock

BUMP.

fury604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By fury604

Well, this is unrelated to Japanese vs Chinese martial arts, but i just want to point out something in human juggernaut's argument. You are stating that close quarters grappling like Judo, wrestling would be very effective against striking martial arts regardless of their origin, well, at least that's what i garner.  The fact is that all true martial arts like Hung gar, Jujitsu, Shaolin's many styles are designed to be efficient and lethal.  Meanwhile, Judo and wrestling are primarily designed as sports, they usually don't teach/allow attacks to vital organs.  A shoot is very effective, would probably work on a lot of martial arts, but that's depending on the situation, if its a spar then i agree with you the grappler has the advantage, but if it was an all out life or death situation, a well placed strike to the temple, throat, soft tissue at the back of the neck could kill/severely injure the attacker. If Bruce Lee was in an all out fight with that Judo master, i think the results would have been different as a lot of his back ground has taught him the softest tissues of an human body, the weakest nerve points, the most lethal areas. But alas, we'll never know.  I can't speak for all martial arts, but a lot of chinese/japanese martial arts have a lot of focus of shattering and breaking joints/bones, eye gouging, throat gouging, all things that are not seen in Judo, Wrestling. This is compounded by martial artists like Bruce Lee who has arguably the most explosive power within very short range, even if he was on the ground, if he had to i'm pretty sure he could break bones/severely damage internal organs.

I'm not saying the striking martial artist will win every time, but its a much more fair fight then you make it out to be..at least in a life or death situation.

cabcortez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By cabcortez
@Kimikirai:  you are a dumbass that fight never happened it was rumored bruce lee lost to Gene Lebell      the truth is it was a lie they never fought why don't you actually do your research instead of posting crap
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Perfect Cell
@cabcortez said:
" @Kimikirai:  you are a dumbass that fight never happened it was rumored bruce lee lost to Gene Lebell      the truth is it was a lie they never fought why don't you actually do your research instead of posting crap "
No, they never fought; however Gene was the manager of his stunt men. When Bruce 1st entered Hollywood movies, he started out really kicking the asses of the stunt men which brought Gene to let him know that that's not how it works in the US. Bruce challenged Gene, but all Gene did was pick up Bruce Lee over his head and didn't let go. -THAT- is what people consider a defeat, which in my opinion wasn't a real fight. However the case, Bruce and Gene managed to be best friends and Bruce just considers Gene as one of the best fighters he's knows of. And yes, Gene was a 1st tier top class fighter during that time.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#260  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Shaolin Kung Fu FTW

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Perfect Cell
@fury604 said:
" Well, this is unrelated to Japanese vs Chinese martial arts, but i just want to point out something in human juggernaut's argument. You are stating that close quarters grappling like Judo, wrestling would be very effective against striking martial arts regardless of their origin, well, at least that's what i garner.  The fact is that all true martial arts like Hung gar, Jujitsu, Shaolin's many styles are designed to be efficient and lethal.  Meanwhile, Judo and wrestling are primarily designed as sports, they usually don't teach/allow attacks to vital organs.  A shoot is very effective, would probably work on a lot of martial arts, but that's depending on the situation, if its a spar then i agree with you the grappler has the advantage, but if it was an all out life or death situation, a well placed strike to the temple, throat, soft tissue at the back of the neck could kill/severely injure the attacker. If Bruce Lee was in an all out fight with that Judo master, i think the results would have been different as a lot of his back ground has taught him the softest tissues of an human body, the weakest nerve points, the most lethal areas. But alas, we'll never know.  I can't speak for all martial arts, but a lot of chinese/japanese martial arts have a lot of focus of shattering and breaking joints/bones, eye gouging, throat gouging, all things that are not seen in Judo, Wrestling. This is compounded by martial artists like Bruce Lee who has arguably the most explosive power within very short range, even if he was on the ground, if he had to i'm pretty sure he could break bones/severely damage internal organs.  I'm not saying the striking martial artist will win every time, but its a much more fair fight then you make it out to be..at least in a life or death situation. "

Very well said.
killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By killermike

BJJ ftw, yes I know its brazilian.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Perfect Cell
@killermike said:
" BJJ ftw, yes I know its brazilian. "
Actually it's Japanese; just refined.

Sakuraba pretty much defeated most of the Gracies with his form of Jujitsu which he likes to call, "wresting".
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Lance Bastro

ipman ftw!

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By WindCloud
@Lance Bastro said:
ipman ftw!
LOL !!!
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chinese martial arts are more complex and takes more days to learn, while Japanese martial arts take like a modern approach and are simple to learn. But I gotta give the vote to the Chinamen.

But again, it's not about which martial arts style is the best, but what style you can best master and the individual who learns it.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By alcoholbob

Funny thing Chinese MMA fighters are mostly BJJ practitioners.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Hapkido is just a rip off of Aikido and Korea.... were "inspired" by other Japanese martial arts.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Hapkido is just a rip off of Aikido and Korea.... were "inspired" by other Japanese martial arts.
Yes, but I think they do more kicks as well lol. What is up with Korea and kicking people?
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

China.

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@King Saturn said:
@MTS said:
" Shaolin is aweshum

"
It looks cool... but would this stuff work on an actual Muay Thai practitioner ?
Shaolin is not suppose to look cool. That's Wushu. 

Real Shaolin > Muay Thai 
Muay Thai > Wushu 
_Beastmaster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By _Beastmaster_

Chuk Kon Do

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By LONGTIME

Bruce Kune Do

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By ssejllenrad

Watch Ip Man or any Bruce Lee film. Japanese arts gets owned! Nyehehehehe! :D

IMO only:
Daidu Juku = Shooto = JKD > Shaolin = Hung Ga = Sanda = Kyokushin = Jujutsu > Wing Chun = Baiji = Aikido = Judo = Shotokan...
I only know of Kyokushin, Shotokan and Judo so don't flame me. As I said this was only an opinion.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By mikethekiller

Isn't it all supposed to depend on the person 

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#276  Edited By turoksonofstone

China Murderstomp. it's history tells some incredible tales....

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By MKF30

Depends, just about every style has it's pros and cons as well as how the person utilizes it. Look at Batman, he's one of the best fighters in DCU because not only has he trained in just about every one but he's smart.... 

Like Miyagi once said to Daniel in Karate Kid, "No matter who stronger, Matter who Smarter"

But as soon as I saw this I thought "Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero" haha 

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#278  Edited By karrob

It depends on the scenario and the practitioner. all style have strengths and weaknesses...But in all honestly Judo is a beast in regards to grappling

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I personally prefer Brazilian or European martial arts.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Static Shock

Practicality of a fighting style depends on the person using it and whether or not it's effective against skilled opponents in a real fight.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kung Fu=Lethal war art

Judo=sports wrestling

Chinaman breaks the Jap's neck

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points