Child's Play Remake

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

There is currently a remake of Child's Play in development that is planned to be released in 2012, the director claims he wants to make the movie darker and take it back to its roots 

so...do you think it will actually be good? or just be another failed attempt to remake a horror movie?
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prince CortSether

I think this will be better since they are clear on what direction they want to make this film. The original Child's Play was intended to be one of those detective suspense films and not so much a horror movie. But once the Chucky doll itself became popular they started making sequels and revolving more and more around the doll. Don Mancini discusses his original script a bit during the commentary of the 20 year anniversary DVD release of Child's Play, and a lot of his original script was rewritten. For example, Charles Lee Ray was originally a serial killer who was executed by the Electric Chair at midnight when a lightning bolt strikes as he gets fried, causing his spirit to go into a doll in a toy factory that exploded nearby. There were no voodoo elements and that kind of mumbo jumbo originally - that was added fluff by the producer I believe. He indicated more of his original script ideas would be included in the remake, thankfully. And I'm glad they aren't doing CGI for this either. I have high hopes for the Child's Play remake. Anyway, there's no possibility that it can be as bad as Seed of Chucky.  

And they're also making a Child's Play video game, btw.  

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/05/25/childs-play-chucky-the-video-game-announced-for-pc-and-console.htm 

Chucky, a videogame based on the classic Child’s Play horror films from the late 80s/early 90s, has been announced for release on PC and console downloadable platforms (XBLA, PSN and Steam most likely) this Fall. The game is being developed by TikGames (Cinema Tycoon, Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos and Flower Shop: Big City Break). 

Utilizing an original storyline, players will have the opportunity to play as the killer doll and experience his exploits first hand while extending his gory legacy. True to the nature of the films, Chucky will use his full repertoire of stealth and guile to dispatch victims in a multitude of distinctive methods. In the end, it will be up to the player to decide how many (or few) people survive this stealth-action romp.

We’re proud to be able to bring a fan-favorite movie character, such as Chucky, to gaming platforms,” said Alex Tikhman, Co-Founder and Vice President of Publishing for TikGames. “ 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
wow... that's just incredible
Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Rudyftw

Awesome. I hope they lose the comedy factor and focus more on the horror aspect.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I've been pretty happy with most horror remakes, not so much with most other remakes of course, I'm looking forward to Fright Night already and Chucky could be pretty awesome

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sissel

Just bring on the psychological/suspense dark story on it and I'm all on it.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Shadowdoggy

this angers me 
there are no new ideas 
just $11.50 movie tickets to see something you've already seen

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By KDarkholme

Cant wait.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Wow that scared me when i was like 10. Dolls are freaking creepy.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30

Can't wait for the game :) Heard about it month ago from a friend who hates Chucky haha... 

But also can't wait for the movie since I'm a BIG Child's Play fan, Halloween And Child's Play, love both! 

This remake though unlike previous remakes is different and unique in one respect. One, they're getting the same guy Brad Dourif to voice Chucky! Where as The new Nightmare, Jason, Halloweens, etc all had different, new actors... 

And it's being done by the same people who did every other Chucky film...now that's cool, so I know it'll be good.