#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10585 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has better bars?

VS

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8709 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't heard anything from Tyler, the Creator, but I just wanted to say "Do or Die" by Childish Gambino and Flux Pavilion is amazing. It actually just came on my playlist when I saw this thread :D

#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10585 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by JetiiMitra (8709 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

It's a really good mix of dubstep and rap IMO. The elements of the song really complement each other.

#5 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

In my honest opinion Tyler isn't really lyrical. Yes he does have some lines that are cool and what not but he just spews you know the most shocking thing he can. Well that was what he used to do back when he released "Bastard" now he sort of just a comedian in a way with the stuff he says. I mean WOLF was pretty damn good to me as far as production but the lyrics eh. Now Gambino I feel like he sort of is lackluster; but that's just me but in a way I do like alot of his lyrics. CAMP was a decent album. But with depth I feel like Tyler is better in that aspect.

I guess I'll go with Chidlish Gambino as far as lyricism but just in that category (Coming from an ex-odd future fanboy). I'm pretty vague with my examples and stuff but i'm just winging it bro lls.

#6 Edited by russellmania77 (15656 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler is complete trash

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler is complete trash

This.

Hopsin absolutely destroyed Tyler in ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 4 in a couple lines.

#8 Edited by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

Guess I'm the only one that doesn't really like Hopsin xD. I agree though that diss was pretty cool.

#9 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11475 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambino, though I wasn't feeling royalty

#10 Posted by Mild_Karl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Gambino's one liners & flow but I think a lot of his lyrics are lacking sometimes. Camp was god-awful with the exception of "Bonfire". He seems to work better as a mixtape artist than when he attempts to tell a cohesive story with his LPs.

Tyler's more of a troll and he resorts to too many rap cliches (misogyny, violence, penis jokes) but the production on his tracks are always interesting and he just keeps getting better as a rapper. I liked Goblin a lot and thought that Wolf was even better.

(I'd easily put Earl above both if he can make Doris type albums from here on out).

#11 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I could never get into Gambino. I'm a fan of the actor's work on Community, and he has good bars - but his flow and voice are just nauseating to me.

Tyler is slightly more tolerable because of his production, imo.

#12 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

gambino is better. i like his verses on f**ck that b***h