• 96 results
#1 Edited by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what anybody says, that ni**a is weak lol. There are a lot of talented rappers in the west now; I'd even go as far as saying that the west coast has the most best young talent out of any region right now but that guy from community sucks. He's still way better than lil' B though...but who isn't?

#2 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6947 posts) - - Show Bio

You are wrong.

#3 Posted by sacredweapons (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambino is a mastermind.

#4 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9303 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that he left Community and became and artsy looking hobo to focus on his music

#5 Posted by Cloakx14 (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever. he's one of my favorite rapper. he's better than 2chainz, Future and justin beiber.

#6 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9303 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by kgb725 (6052 posts) - - Show Bio

Your trash and so is your opiniom

#8 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: Whatever. No real ni**as I know where live fugg with him. He's a pop rapper in the same boat as B.O.B. But at least B.O.B. can switch it up and go in every once in awhile. The only ppl I know who listen to Glover are white boys lol

@cloakx14: two of those artists on your list aren't really rappers...

#9 Posted by Eisenfauste (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Your trash and so is your opinion

Oh snap!

#10 Posted by Eisenfauste (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: Whatever. No real ni**as I know where live fugg with him. He's a pop rapper in the same boat as B.O.B. But at least B.O.B. can switch it up and go in every once in awhile. The only ppl I know who listen to Glover are white boys lol

Tell that to ThatGuyWithTheHeadPhones......

#11 Edited by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: don't be salty with me bc your favorite rapper is some booboo lol. What type of ni**a puts Tina Fey on one of his songs? Tina Fey! Your argument is invalid.

#12 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6947 posts) - - Show Bio

@huey_freeman34: I feel that you actually haven't heard his music. Because you're opinion is wrong if you think he just makes pop music.

#13 Posted by Blade_R (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

I also do not like his music. I enjoy his stand-up comedy but that's it. I love hip-hop, im a hip-hop head, have been since I was a child i just don't like these singer/rapper hybrids such as Gambino, Drake, Chance the rapper etc. I don't mind it if its like an occasional thing like if they don't do it much, the only exception is Torey Lanez because he can actually spit when he wants to, but his singing is wack though.

#14 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: he's a pop rapper. There are several types of rappers that can placed in different categories according to their style, topic matter, and/or background. Glover is a pop rapper. He's not a gangster rapper like Freddie Gibbs for ex. He's also not a hybrid like Drake for ex. I'm a true hip-hop head so you're going to be able I discredit me by saying that I've never heard his music; I've heard enough to determine that he made a mistake by trying to be a rapper in the 1st place.

#15 Posted by kgb725 (6052 posts) - - Show Bio

@huey_freeman34: My favorite rapper is Cudi. Second he also used a song with adele so your points are invalid. Whos your allmighty favorite rapper

#16 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14: shows how much you don't know about rap. Two of those ppl on your list aren't really rappers lol. justin Beiber? Seriously? And Future is rapper like Nate Dogg was a rapper if that's any indicator.

#17 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by JetiiMitra (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly makes him trash?

#19 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: who gives a fu*k if he made a song with Adele..his collaboration with a Brit singer who has absolutely no standing in the within the rap genre is irrelevant. If you had name dropped Jay-Z or Jay Electronica or Ross or any rapper who's a hot topic then you'd have a valid point. His best collaboration was probably with Bun B and he killed Gambino on his own track lol.

#20 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@JetiiMitra: he sounds like a poor man's version of Drake, his bars are light, his swag is weak, and his topic matter is corny; all the ingredients of a typical pop rapper.

#21 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23370 posts) - - Show Bio

...and I care because?

#22 Posted by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

They probably don't fit his niche(and, you probably don't fit his niche):

Whiskey-sippin', wanna drink the whole bottle

But these smart middle-class black kids need a role model

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But niggas got me feelin' I ain't black enough to go to church

Culture shock at barber shops cause I ain't hood enough

We all look the same to the cops, ain't that good enough?

The black experience is Black and serious

Cause being black, my experience, is no one hearin' us

White kids get to wear whatever hat they want

When it comes to black kids one size fits all

#23 Posted by Eisenfauste (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

@JetiiMitra: he sounds like a poor man's version of Drake, his bars are light, his swag is weak, and his topic matter is corny; all the ingredients of a typical pop rapper.

Swag is for the weak. You don't get respect by having swag. Now if you show some class things go different for you.

#24 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20834 posts) - - Show Bio

Shots fired.

#25 Posted by kgb725 (6052 posts) - - Show Bio

@huey_freeman34: Nobody is playing Jay Electronica I like the guy but hes not a hot rapper. Also a bunch of people in rap have done collabs that seem crazy at first glance like Wiz and Juicy J with Miley Cyrus and she does pop music. I would like to know who is your favorite rapper

#26 Posted by Eisenfauste (7357 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: but Gambino doesn't have the respect of the Black community or very many other rappers who make music for said community. My point is that swagger can take you farther than you think in the rap game. Look at French Montana; that ni**a is weak too but almost every current notable rapper fux w/ him...bc of how he presents himself lol

#28 Posted by kgb725 (6052 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@huey_freeman34: Nobody is playing Jay Electronica I like the guy but hes not a hot rapper.

Craziness. He's way better than Gambino and would eat him all day everyday any day.

Also a bunch of people in rap have done collabs that seem crazy at first glance like Wiz and Juicy J with Miley Cyrus and she does pop music. I would like to know who is your favorite rapper

Hovi is my fav of all time but right now I like Kendrick Lamar, Nipsey Hussle, and Dom Kennedy, with Kendrick probably being my favorite out of the three. Other rappers I like include: Fabulous (mixtapes only), Smoke DZA, MF Doom, Eminem (the coldest white rapper and one of the best of all-time in general), Domo Genesis, Earl Sweatshirt, J. Cole, Wale (before he signed w/ MMG), Pusha T (pre and post Clipse), Skeme (another up n comer from the west), Curren$y (even though he's not always consistent), Wiz Khalifa (before he blew up), Skyzoo, NaS (older sh!t), Big K.R.I.T., UGK, Ghostface Killa (older sh!t), Styles P, Freddie Gibbs, J Dilla, Joe Budden (older mixtape sh*t. I like him w/ Slaughterhouse though too) Lil Wayne (2002-2007. He started getting weak after that), Little Brother, Lupe Fiasco (older sh!t). This isn't even close to everybody I like but it's everybody I can think of off the top of my head.

#30 Edited by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@eisenfauste: @huey_freeman34: Rappers only collab and hang with people they like or whos music is hot and or somewhat relevant

That's not true, like at all. Rap is still a business and half the artists who collaborate don't even like each other. You actually believe that Pimp C was friends with Jay-Z when they made Big Pimpin'? lol Pimp made it known afterward that he didn't fugg w/ Jay like that and that making that track was all about that check as well as exploiting Jay's mainstream popularity in order to give UGK more exposure/mass appeal.

#31 Posted by kgb725 (6052 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Joygirl (18802 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't heard much of him. From what I heard, he was okay, but nothing as extraordinary as people paint him out to be. Then again, my opinion is most likely wrong, I'm not a "hip hop head" and my favorite rapper's Frontalot.

#33 Posted by laflux (14322 posts) - - Show Bio

F*ck off

#34 Edited by i_like_swords (13292 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by DBVSE7 (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

He's really not THAT good, wit today's rap anything that's NOT mainstream is considered good even if it isn't that great.

#36 Posted by Rouflex (15099 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk anything about him.

#37 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

Your momma is trash!

#39 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that he left Community and became and artsy looking hobo to focus on his music

this...

#40 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: another person who's salty bc their favorite rapper is pop garbage. Bet you listen to Macklemore too huh? lol

#41 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by laflux (14322 posts) - - Show Bio

Bet you listen to Macklemore too huh? lol

nope.

And your misinformed. Lil b can actually rap, he just doesn't because he knows he gets a bigger audience being worse than he actually is.

#43 Edited by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@huey_freeman34:

Nah, just messing with you, but I do like Gambino, I like his flow, his beats and the fact that he raps about things I relate to. Namely, being a nerdy black kid who doesn't fit stereotypes.

Not every rapper has to rap about shootin' n*ggas, coming up from the Hood or gettin' money.

#44 Posted by RD189 (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who has no idea whom Gambino is....

#45 Posted by The_Deathstroker (5596 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by RD189 (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Deathstroker: I'm glad it's not just me. I gather from the thread he is some type of Rapper or Hip-Hop Artist, though he's clearly no Dr. Dre

#47 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@rd189 said:

Am I the only one who has no idea whom Gambino is....

He's an actor/rapper/ comedian. His normal name is Donald Glover (he plays Troy on Community)

#48 Posted by RD189 (1002 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@rd189 said:

@the_stegman: OH THAT GUY.... eh, im still not impressed.

lol, s'okay, as this thread proves, he's not for everyone.

#50 Posted by laflux (14322 posts) - - Show Bio

@huey_freeman34:

Not every rapper has to rap about shootin' n*ggas, coming up from the Hood or gettin' money.

He talks about this excellently in Centipede