#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegetarian/vegan nutjobs question why I wouldn't eat a dog, but eat chicken. Dogs and puppies can be cute and beautiful, not to mention loyal friends and companions. Chickens are not cute and are just dumb birds that sometimes fly but always FRY.

#2 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds like something Link would say! =O

#3 Edited by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

And your point? Chicken's actually can be very friendly, by the way. I do eat meat, but I'm just saying. You're wrong about them. Also...

How could you say this isn't cute?

#4 Posted by youmessinwithme (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

one of my friends works in a slaughter house, He said one of the chickens got off the line and wandered into the room where the dead chickens are, it didn't even care it was so stupid, it actually got calmed down.

also chickens can move without there own heads the same way insects do, through nerve impulse. if you're against people eating chickens but you've ever killed a fly(ant, bee etc.) you're a massive hypocrite. unless of course you actually eat the bugs you kill otherwise you're legit wasting like.

#5 Posted by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, they are dumb enough to cross the road when a vehicle is coming.

#6 Edited by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: D'aw! Tis a baby chocobo! =D

#7 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17806 posts) - - Show Bio

I eat meat not because I don't think certain animals are cute. But because I like eating them.

#8 Edited by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

I eat meat not because I don't think certain animals are cute. But because I like eating them.

Same here. I love eating meat even though I think chickens are cute. Survival is what matters.

#9 Edited by youmessinwithme (1184 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the OP disrespectful to chickens.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (23765 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if chickens were adorable I'd still eat them, cause they're delicious.

#12 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Baby chicks are just far yellow bastards waiting to become some tasty hot wings one day.

#13 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if chickens were adorable I'd still eat them, cause they're delicious.

Especially when fried! =D

#14 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17806 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Same here. I love eating meat even though I think chickens are cute. Survival is what matters.

Yep.

#15 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

All birds are ugly

#16 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

WHA??? Baby chickens are ADORABLE!

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sure the OP is no prize either.

You can survive without eating meat. How do you think all the vegans and vegetarians walking around the planet are still alive?? Chaos magic??

#18 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: weed, and not much else. Unless pretension has nutritional value.

#19 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ARMIV2 (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

As a rooster in the Chinese Zodiac, I am slightly offended. As a somewhat normal human being, I couldn't really care.

#21 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: weed, and not much else. Unless pretension has nutritional value.

Nope, but every single vegetable and fruit and leguem etc. has nutritional value, and meat has been heavily connected to causing heart disease and other cardiovascular problems. The chickens in slaughterhouses stand in their own feces due to them being overcrowded....so enjoy your poop.

#22 Posted by SoftMachineOo (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicks are cute *-*.

#23 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by russellmania77 (14829 posts) - - Show Bio

i eat em for breakfast

#25 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

i eat em for breakfast

Really? That's cool, I eat punks for breakfast.

#26 Posted by patzello (431 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record, I am a vegan but really do not care if people eat meat, their choice. I do, however, like hunters a whole lot better than Store Carnivores. If you are gonna do it, do it for real and embrace the choice.

As for the point made above, there are a whole lot of other reasons not to eat meat, cuteness is from the top of my list.

The only real reason to eat meat is because you like it, the rest are a bunch of phooey.

And on the subject of chicken cuteness, they are not cute, they are hot.

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (82628 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they're not.

#28 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicks are adorable little balls of fuzz, and Chicken Run made me a big chicken fan.

#29 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Baby chickens are pretty cute.

#30 Posted by dbatdog (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

And your point? Chicken's actually can be very friendly, by the way. I do eat meat, but I'm just saying. You're wrong about them. Also...

How could you say this isn't cute?

we eat those, we fried them after they are 1 day old :) yummy :)

#31 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@patzello: To be fair most animal experts firmly believe that if humans didn't farm chickens for food the species would have more than likely gone extinct a long time ago, hence why there are currently no chickens in the wild. They can't fly and are relatively slow on the ground and other than roosters they're virtually defenseless against about 90% of the animals that would hunt them.

#32 Edited by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

this.

I like chickens and think that they are also cute,but I cannot resist Wingstop >.<

And an animal is an animal and it's horrible,but hey....

Also,comparing Dogs and Chickens in any way is basically like Apples/Oranges (in terms of mentality and the chicken to dog ratio,etc) and I think Dogs and Cats are one of the epitomes of cuteness. Both physically adorable and mentally.

And besides:

@youmessinwithme said:

one of my friends works in a slaughter house, He said one of the chickens got off the line and wandered into the room where the dead chickens are, it didn't even care it was so stupid, it actually got calmed down.

also chickens can move without there own heads the same way insects do, through nerve impulse. if you're against people eating chickens but you've ever killed a fly(ant, bee etc.) you're a massive hypocrite. unless of course you actually eat the bugs you kill otherwise you're legit wasting like.

this.

But even if they didn't eat the bug,they still would've killed a living creature so I don't see what the difference would be.

@cattlebattle said:

@jointron33 said:

Nope, but every single vegetable and fruit and leguem etc. has nutritional value, and meat has been heavily connected to causing heart disease and other cardiovascular problems. The chickens in slaughterhouses stand in their own feces due to them being overcrowded....so enjoy your poop.

Aren't there benefits also to eating meat? Aren't many of the downsides connected to excess consumption or by some other factor/mistake (such as the chickens standing in their poop)? You kinda forgot about the benefits. And by the same token some people can get sick from eating vegetation that's been contaminated in one way or another (chemical agents,animal fecies or something like that)....

For example,like this:

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/11/27/pros-and-cons-of-eating-red-meat/

Most of the risks have to do with excessive consumption. I eat moderate amounts. Too much of anything is a bad thing. Hell,even drinking too much water is a bad thing. That doesn't really make water bad or unhealthy for you and that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it. And when taking into consideration things like bottled water,even though the manufacturers have guidelines to follow that would make it safe,there is no guarantee that all manufacturers follow them. Humans are Humans :)

#33 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Humans aren't cute either :D

#34 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'M FREAKING GORGEOUS! XD

#35 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9810 posts) - - Show Bio

@web_flotsam said:

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'M FREAKING GORGEOUS! XD

You'll never be fluffy kitten gorgeous.

#36 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

Careful, there's more of them than there are of us.

#38 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

So if something's not cute you eat it?

Slippery slope to cannibalism right there.

#39 Posted by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Puppies are more cute than human babies search your feelings you know it's true

#40 Posted by consolemaster001 (5128 posts) - - Show Bio

AND THE GREAT JOINTRON DOES IT AGAIN !!!