Chess

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sydpart2

So I borrowed my father's chess set to do a shoot with and decided to video with a friend while I had it. Sadly there are a handful of tech issues in this but hey, not terrible. Hope you check it out and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJzULlCaCI8

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Magethor

After the 1st two moves, I already figured your friend doesn't quite know how to play chess the right way. 1st of all, you opened your two knights and he's been responding by pushing his pawns up while your kingside knight slowly advances up and allowed you take a free pawn and take his bishop at the 7:50 mark (with no exchange).

!?

7 years of playing chess???? Seriously?

The conversation you two were having is weird. Sure you can compare chess with books and shows that were related to it, but guys begin changing the subjects at random. And begin answering questions unrelated to the questions being asked. The main objective of chess is to tactically take control of the center. Once all all moves are targeting the center via the opening moves and then to the exchange of pieces during the mid game, the game transforms into the strategy of taking down your opponents king during the end game.

1st = Opening

2nd = Tactics

3rd = Strategy

The rooks are very important for the end game, but he allowed you to take them during the 15 min mark of the video. Part of the opening is to quickly castle and I didn't see neither of you do that. (Oh nvm, 36:00 mark, you castled kingside, but that was already mid game) Rule of thumb is that if the pawns and pieces are controlling the center; take the king away from the center so he is away from all of the opponents pieces at the controlling areas.

"You castled kingside, Quite impressive move"
"Oh, I know that, I don't see many people doing that."

LOL!

And about the discussion about Pro X and Magneto. That didn't quite make sense at all.

Remember, chess is a tactic and strategic game. Above that, you take turns so even if Xavier can read minds, does not mean he automatically wins. This is why Xavier doesn't depend on his power when it comes to playing Magneto in chess. If he tries to read the mind, he is limiting his own focus on the calculations of the board.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the video, but there's just so much wrong with it, most importantly the game itself.

By the way....

You two look like Loki and Thor playing chess.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sydpart2

@Magethor said:

After the 1st two moves, I already figured your friend doesn't quite know how to play chess the right way. 1st of all, you opened your two knights and he's been responding by pushing his pawns up while your kingside knight slowly advances up and allowed you take a free pawn and take his bishop at the 7:50 mark (with no exchange).

!?

The conversation you two were having is weird. Sure you can compare chess with books and shows that were related to it, but guys begin changing the subjects at random. And begin answering questions unrelated to the questions being asked. The main objective of chess is to tactically take control of the center. Once all all moves are targeting the center via the opening moves and then to the exchange of pieces during the mid game, the game transforms into the strategy of taking down your opponents king during the end game.

1st = Opening

2nd = Tactics

3rd = Strategy

The rooks are very important for the end game, but he allowed you to take them during the 15 min mark of the video. Part of the opening is to quickly castle and I didn't see neither of you do that. (Oh nvm, 36:00 mark, you castled kingside, but that was already mid game) Rule of thumb is that if the pawns and pieces are controlling the center; take the king away from the center so he is away from all of the opponents pieces at the controlling areas.

LOL!

And about the discussion about Pro X and Magneto. That didn't quite make sense at all.

Remember, chess is a tactic and strategic game. Above that, you take turns so even if Xavier can read minds, does not mean he automatically wins. This is why Xavier doesn't depend on his power when it comes to playing Magneto in chess. If he tries to read the mind, he is limiting his own focus on the calculations of the board.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the video, but there's just so much wrong with it, most importantly the game itself.

By the way....

HAHA

oh that's funny, thanks.

As I said at the start, we are by no means experts, just borrowing the board from my dad to shoot something on in awhile and figured I'd play a game while I had the thing. Kevin hadn't played in 7 years, and even then it was only his daughter he was playing so that coupled with the board being very stylistic and thus hard to recognize the pieces made it really hard for him.

We never really brought up Prof X winning via mind reading except jokingly. Oh and as far as castleing went, I know I did at one point, but I think that may have been after the camera died. Thanks for your input though, I swear none of the other episodes of the series are this low in quality so if you liked the conversation on any level please consider subscribing on youtube, thanks!

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Magethor

@Sydpart2 said:

@Magethor said:

!?

1st = Opening

2nd = Tactics

3rd = Strategy

LOL!

By the way....

HAHA

oh that's funny, thanks.

As I said at the start, we are by no means experts, just borrowing the board from my dad to shoot something on in awhile and figured I'd play a game while I had the thing. Kevin hadn't played in 7 years, and even then it was only his daughter he was playing so that coupled with the board being very stylistic and thus hard to recognize the pieces made it really hard for him.

We never really brought up Prof X winning via mind reading except jokingly. Oh and as far as castleing went, I know I did at one point, but I think that may have been after the camera died. Thanks for your input though, I swear none of the other episodes of the series are this low in quality so if you liked the conversation on any level please consider subscribing on youtube, thanks!

Yeah, the audio was very low tuned so there are some parts that I can hardly hear at all.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sydpart2

@Magethor said:

@Sydpart2 said:

@Magethor said:

!?

1st = Opening

2nd = Tactics

3rd = Strategy

LOL!

By the way....

HAHA

oh that's funny, thanks.

Yeah, the audio was very low tuned so there are some parts that I can hardly hear at all.

Yeah I know, there was a note about that at the start of the video, I set up a mic and a such but the batteries died on that too :(