Cheerleader Kicked of Squad For Not Cheering For Her Rapist

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By castleking

So a young girl was kicked off a team for not cheering for the guy who raped her during a game.

H.S., a Silsbee student, reported being raped in 2008 by Rakheem Bolton, a fellow student and athletic star, with the help of two of his friends. In the end, Bolton recently ended up getting off without serving any jail time by pleading guilty to a lesser assault charge, spending two years on probation, doing community service, paying a fine, and attending anger management courses.

http://news.change.org/stories/high-school-cheerleader-kicked-off-squad-for-refusal-to-cheer-for-her-rapist

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cpt_linger

well she is a "cheer" leaader.... so if she's not going to cheer, then gtfo.
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cpt_linger said:
" well she is a "cheer" leaader.... so if she's not going to cheer, then gtfo. "
Cheer for the person that Raped Her o.O He shouldn't even be near her. Never mind her "cheering" for him 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
naw... she should not have cheered for him... rather kicked homeboy in the balls and said " GOOOOOOOOOOOOO... FELONY CHARGES...  "
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cpt_linger
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @cpt_linger said:
" well she is a "cheer" leaader.... so if she's not going to cheer, then gtfo. "
Cheer for the person that Raped Her o.O He shouldn't even be near her. Never mind her "cheering" for him  "

Well you're right there. In my opinion she had three possiblities. 

1. He sees her and then leaves as a curtesy 
2. She sees him and leaves because she feels she must 
3. They both stay but she choses not to cheer him 

Either of the first two could have been done, but she chose to stay and not cheer a single person. Descriminative if you ask me.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

tccch women,amirite? lol 

but seriously she needs to avoid him like the plague
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

That's stupid. A cheerleader can't take a day off? I think that's a perfect excuse for a personal day.
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_linger said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @cpt_linger said:
Cheer for the person that Raped Her o.O He shouldn't even be near her. Never mind her "cheering" for him  "
Well you're right there. In my opinion she had three possiblities.  1. He sees her and then leaves as a curtesy 2. She sees him and leaves because she feels she must 3. They both stay but she choses not to cheer him  Either of the first two could have been done, but she chose to stay and not cheer a single person. Descriminative if you ask me. "
Out of those Options Id only ever Let One and Three occur. Or Stop him Playing on the team :/
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By castleking

if i were that girl's dad the kid would have bn found dead in his home.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cpt_linger
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
Well you're right there. In my opinion she had three possiblities.  1. He sees her and then leaves as a curtesy 2. She sees him and leaves because she feels she must 3. They both stay but she choses not to cheer him  Either of the first two could have been done, but she chose to stay and not cheer a single person. Descriminative if you ask me. "
Out of those Options Id only ever Let One and Three occur. Or Stop him Playing on the team :/ "

Yes but she chose to 'not cheer' which was obviously not the right option. The boy must have an arm like Brett Favre to still be on the team after raping a cheerleader, but this is sadly the world we live it. She knows that now.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Caligula
@PrinceIMC said:
" That's stupid. A cheerleader can't take a day off? I think that's a perfect excuse for a personal day. "
lawls

but in all seriousness. She should have cheered though, what's she gonna do just stand on the side-lines and not cheer? she is a cheer leader. The rest of the team didn't rape her. I mean what's the alternative... just let her keep her spot doing nothing.

If it were me coaching the boy wouldn't be on the team anymore, but I do see the problem here. She doesn't want to cheer for the team because he is on it. But then what does she do? the only logical response would be for her to not be a cheerleader anymore, if they weren't going to remove the boy.
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
Out of those Options Id only ever Let One and Three occur. Or Stop him Playing on the team :/ "
Yes but she chose to 'not cheer' which was obviously not the right option. The boy must have an arm like Brett Favre to still be on the team after raping a cheerleader, but this is sadly the world we live it. She knows that now. "
It Is Sad that she gets kicked off her squad while he gets to stay. But serious if i was the coach i wouldn't care how good a shot this guy had he be off the team in a heartbeat. In fact he shouldn't even be living.
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cpt_linger
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
Yes but she chose to 'not cheer' which was obviously not the right option. The boy must have an arm like Brett Favre to still be on the team after raping a cheerleader, but this is sadly the world we live it. She knows that now. "
It Is Sad that she gets kicked off her squad while he gets to stay. But serious if i was the coach i wouldn't care how good a shot this guy had he be off the team in a heartbeat. In fact he shouldn't even be living. "

You're right again, it is sad and If I were a higher form of hierachy, he wouldn't even be allowed in the school. But I don't think it would be OK to strip him of his right to live. He is only a product of his up-bringing, not punishable by death IMO.
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By riri4life

Soo stupid. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By SuperTide

Hope she sues their ass off.

The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
" @cpt_linger said:
It Is Sad that she gets kicked off her squad while he gets to stay. But serious if i was the coach i wouldn't care how good a shot this guy had he be off the team in a heartbeat. In fact he shouldn't even be living. "
You're right again, it is sad and If I were a higher form of hierachy, he wouldn't even be allowed in the school. But I don't think it would be OK to strip him of his right to live. He is only a product of his up-bringing, not punishable by death IMO. "
Okay may have been a slight bit drastic but Imprisonment for life would suffice i suppose. 
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cpt_linger
@The Umbra Sorcerer:
Yes, he should not be within the public domain.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_upper
@The Umbra Sorcerer: If I knew someone was a rapist and I wasn't afraid of going to prison I'd beat them within an inch of thier life. 
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cpt_linger

Bottom line is he is not a convicted rapist. The charges were for assault, she might be some spoiled little cheerleader brat looking for her spotlight. We don't really know the full story.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By goldenshot80
Cant the cheerleader sue?
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By one_upper

That's the problem with rape. It's a horrible heinous crime that destroys lives and completely scars victims physically, and emotionally. However it's often claimed, but hard to sometimes tell what the true story is.

Lunacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lunacy

R! A! P! E! What's that spell?! RAPE! Go team!

X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By X-23_2513

She shouldn't have to
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@cpt_linger said:
"
Bottom line is he is not a convicted rapist. The charges were for assault, she might be some spoiled little cheerleader brat looking for her spotlight. We don't really know the full story. "
Assuming this is true, what makes assault any more acceptable? Both rape and assault are victimizations she should never have to deal with. So what's your point? 
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thehummingbird

But the rapist not kicked off the football team? Irony? Oh society look how far we have come ....I have never heard anything so demeaning in my life...oh my god this just pissed me off so bad. Even worse the ass got off with no charges.....pretty much. I would have killed that jerk =P 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By castleking

@thehummingbird said:

" But the rapist not kicked off the football team? Irony? Oh society look how far we have come ....I have never heard anything so demeaning in my life...oh my god this just pissed me off so bad. Even worse the ass got off with no charges.....pretty much. I would have killed that jerk =P  "

i feel your hate, let it out, embrace it.

yes...

No Caption Provided
Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crimson Orchid

I don't know how other school sports teams handle things like this elsewhere... but in my town, if ANY sort of charges are brought up against a players, they are suspended or removed from the team unless the charges are in fact found false...
This situation was handled wrong in my view...  If the school was aware of the situation anyways...

The Banned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Banned

Who cares?

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By cyberninja

WTH?

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lagoon_boy
It's not like she can't get on another cheering squad.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

Why has'nt the rapist been charged under law?I keep losing my faith in humanity after every single day.
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By CATPANEXE

of all the things in that i have to wonder...why did the school liaisons even decide to make an issue of it in the first place?
so she didn't cheer, so what? i'm sure it's not the first time a cheerleader missed a beat. they should have been like
" okay " and that's that. what i bunch of crabs!

have to love the fact that the article linked actually starts with 
" Rah, rah, sis boom bah "
waaaaay to be professional journalists over the sensitive issue of rape victimization and trauma people, oy! \:

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cpt_linger
@Silver2467 said:
" @cpt_linger said:
"
Bottom line is he is not a convicted rapist. The charges were for assault, she might be some spoiled little cheerleader brat looking for her spotlight. We don't really know the full story. "
Assuming this is true, what makes assault any more acceptable? Both rape and assault are victimizations she should never have to deal with. So what's your point?  "
My point is that the title of the thread is "kicked of squad for not cheering her rapist" everyone has made their little comment about how he deserves to die and so on. There is no evidence that he raped her, he may have assaulted her (which can range from a tap on the shoulder to a kick up the arse). And rape is far worse than assault.
Tenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tenno
@lagoon_boy said:
" It's not like she can't get on another cheering squad. "
it's not like she should have to
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By HolySerpent
@cpt_linger said:
"well she is a "cheer" leaader.... so if she's not going to cheer, then gtfo. "

lol
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silver2467
@cpt_linger said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @cpt_linger said:
"
Assuming this is true, what makes assault any more acceptable? Both rape and assault are victimizations she should never have to deal with. So what's your point?  "
My point is that the title of the thread is "kicked of squad for not cheering her rapist" everyone has made their little comment about how he deserves to die and so on. There is no evidence that he raped her, he may have assaulted her (which can range from a tap on the shoulder to a kick up the arse). And rape is far worse than assault. "
There often is no evidence that someone was raped, but it still happens. Can I say with absolute certainty that he did? No. But he still assaulted her in some manner (and, no, you will not be charged for tapping someone on the shoulder; avoid exaggerations). Also, which is worse is beside the point. He still harmed her in one way or another. 
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@castleking said:

" if i were that girl's dad the kid would have bn found dead in his home. "

Yeah, if someone did that to my sister they wouldn't be too healthy the next day.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By cascadeking09

Wtf? Forreal?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By castleking
@SuperTide said:

" Hope she sues their ass off. "

H.S. sued her school district for removing her from the cheerleading squad. In an absurd court ruling, the 5th U.S. Circuit of Appeals decided to uphold the school's decision, claiming that a cheerleader was but a "mouthpiece" for a school to use to "disseminate speech — namely, support for its athletic teams." Her silence apparently "constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, H.S. was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily." Well, I'm sure H.S. never expected to be "volunteering" to cheer for someone who had assaulted her.
fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By fbdarkangel

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Full_Spectrum

Well, this is pretty F'd up. A rapist gets to stay on the team, while the victim is ostracized. I think I remember this in a book somewhere... Anyway, the guy definately should have been kicked off the team. A couple of my friends on the football team got suspended for 4 games for drinking at a party on the weekend. If anyone had been convicted of assault, there would have been hell to pay.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

So he not only doesn't get jail time and doesn't get expelled, but he also gets to stay on the team? That's f*cking ridiculous, plain and f*cking simple. It's a sick joke at best.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Crimson Eagle

There should be a restraining order at least. But she shouldn't be kicked off of the team.
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SuperTide
@castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:

H.S. sued her school district for removing her from the cheerleading squad. In an absurd court ruling, the 5th U.S. Circuit of Appeals decided to uphold the school's decision, claiming that a cheerleader was but a "mouthpiece" for a school to use to "disseminate speech — namely, support for its athletic teams." Her silence apparently "constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, H.S. was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily." Well, I'm sure H.S. never expected to be "volunteering" to cheer for someone who had assaulted her. "
It should all be a mute point. The rapist should've been put to death.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By castleking
@SuperTide said:
" @castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:

H.S. sued her school district for removing her from the cheerleading squad. In an absurd court ruling, the 5th U.S. Circuit of Appeals decided to uphold the school's decision, claiming that a cheerleader was but a "mouthpiece" for a school to use to "disseminate speech — namely, support for its athletic teams." Her silence apparently "constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, H.S. was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily." Well, I'm sure H.S. never expected to be "volunteering" to cheer for someone who had assaulted her. "
It should all be a mute point. The rapist should've been put to death. "
nowadays there is no justice and ppl plead for lesser charges b/c it is easier for both sides in saving money and time.
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SuperTide
@castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:
" @castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:

nowadays there is no justice and ppl plead for lesser charges b/c it is easier for both sides in saving money and time. "
Surely putting 3 bullets in a rapist's chest wouldn't cost too much. heh
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad
@King Saturn said:
" naw... she should not have cheered for him... rather kicked homeboy in the balls and said " GOOOOOOOOOOOOO... FELONY CHARGES...  " "
You always have the best comments!
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By castleking
@SuperTide said:
" @castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:
" @castleking said:
" @SuperTide said:

nowadays there is no justice"
Surely putting 3 bullets in a rapist's chest wouldn't cost too much. heh "
of course... sadly the world nor the modern social laws agree with us. what was once justice is now considered barbaric and criminal and outdated.
sadly they still use the word justice as if it means the same thing it meant centuries ago.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By velle37
@ssejllenrad said:
" @King Saturn said:
" naw... she should not have cheered for him... rather kicked homeboy in the balls and said " GOOOOOOOOOOOOO... FELONY CHARGES...  " "
You always have the best comments! "

That's why he's king :P