Cheating website Ashley Madison hacked

Kudlak-Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kudlak-Sin

A hacker group threatens to release personal information, including names and sexual fantasies, of over 40 million cheating users if it's not taken down forever.

Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33592594

I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ah, what am I gonna do now? Pay attention to my wife?

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I almost wish I was a divorce lawyer right now.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invasion of privacy

That's a lot of people though. 40 million.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not saying I have sympathy for those affected, nor am I weighing in on this, but it is worth noting some people who condemned the outing of a highly visible, married with children CFO of a large American company for cheating are very vocally applauding this action in popular online communities.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just because someone did something a lot of us find morally wrong, does not give anyone the right to pass judgment like this and ruin so many lives. It's disgusting, and they wanna get down off their high horse and get over themselves. They got no right.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By ComicStooge

@xnahtebx said:

Just because someone did something a lot of us find morally wrong, does not give anyone the right to pass judgment like this and ruin so many lives. It's disgusting, and they wanna get down off their high horse and get over themselves. They got no right.

Lmao, I doubt the sick pieces of shit who took part in that website didn't care about the lives of their spouses, their children etc. I say release the names and let all those scumbags pay for their transgressions. I'd personally buy each hacker involved a drink.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:

Lmao, I doubt the sick pieces of shit who took part in that website didn't care about the lives of their spouses, their children etc. I say release the names and let all those scumbags pay for their transgressions. I'd personally buy each hacker involved a drink.

Oh I agree for the most part. But I don't think it's the right of strangers (anonymous ones who, for all we know, have done things just as bad in their own lives) to take it upon themselves to dish out their own brand of "justice".

He who is without sin and all that.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:

Oh I agree for the most part. But I don't think it's the right of strangers (anonymous ones who, for all we know, have done things just as bad in their own lives) to take it upon themselves to dish out their own brand of "justice".

If you were their partner, wouldn't you wanna know?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the cheaters knew what they were doing, they probably gave fake information. Moreover, most people who sign up are probably single.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:

Of course I would. But not like that. It would be a very private and very personal matter. I wouldn't want it all over the internet for sure, and I wouldn't want anyone taking any perverse sense of glee or schadenfreude from it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:

Of course I would. But not like that. It would be a very private and very personal matter. I wouldn't want it all over the internet for sure, and I wouldn't want anyone taking any perverse sense of glee or schadenfreude from it.

With any luck, the website will be shut down.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:

Don't mind ComicStooge. He's Australian :)

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:LOL! Don't worry man, I'm familiar ;) *is an alt account*

@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:
@comicstooge said:
@xnahtebx said:

With any luck, the website will be shut down.

Now that I definitely agree with :)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@comicstooge: I can only imagine comicstooge being this salty when cena made owens tap :p

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: I can only imagine comicstooge being this salty when cena made owens tap :p

I looked up McGregor interviews and felt a lot better about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@xnahtebx: yup. That's embarrassing as f:)$. When you do things like this you're affecting the victim as much as the transgressor. If the site informed the spouses and they in turn chose to humiliate the cheater than that's their choice but this is pretty messed up

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

As if I give a frack.

I will say this though - it's invasion of privacy, and wrong no matter how you slice it. Cheating doesn't even register on my scale of the worst things one can morally do, so the hackers should use that time, you know, doing something that holds extreme relevence to this world.

I couldn't give a shit about some cheating, if I was on a toilet straining my ass off.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25 frozen  Moderator

Invasion of privacy. Cheating is wrong, but trying to shut down a website and blackmailing them is too authoritarian and extreme. Not the first time I've seen similar 'holier-than-thou' attitude though.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rpgesus

Hey I made an account there once looking to be on the receiving end of some cheating milfs but mostly everyone on there is fake

And to the motive behind it? Honestly anyway that thinks they can tell others how to live their life should die or something

Also i don't think everyone on there is cheating. At this point it's just a hook up site

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

*yawwwnss*

Don't care. Never did, never will.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*yawwwnss*

Don't care. Never did, never will.

Cared enough to post :p

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@laflux: Even if you don't care about said topic, there's nothing wrong with raising your posts count. ;)

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Vigilante.

Beata

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laflux

As if I give a frack.

I will say this though - it's invasion of privacy, and wrong no matter how you slice it. Cheating doesn't even register on my scale of the worst things one can morally do, so the hackers should use that time, you know, doing something that holds extreme relevence to this world.

I couldn't give a shit about some cheating, if I was on a toilet straining my ass off.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doxing should be illegal and harshly punished by the law. It is honestly one of the worst crimes I can think of.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Can't they find anything better to do than to blackmail people who just want to be pleasured?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

I almost wish I was a divorce lawyer right now.

Haha.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must suck to suck, I guess.