Cerebral chords, Keyboards, and Pens...

ateygheyev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By ateygheyev

There's no way around it. Word of mouth just doesn't carry like it used to. See, I've working on this comic book called MEGATON CRUSH (I'm sure you've never heard of it) for awhile now. But I've been very hesitant with giving out the details--on the internet that is. My friends and family have at least heard me give a speech or two on how I wrote the stories and how I meet up with artists to work on pages, but even then I sometimes question whether they fully understand what MEGATON CRUSH is.

SO, the fact is I suck at promotion. My years as a retail associate and customer care representative do me no justice here. In fact, I think it hinders me. Me thinks that I've become so adverse to playing the salesman that I loathe the idea of selling products. But this is the world we live in. Really, that is the wrong outlook to have. Why not promote something that you are proud of and honestly feel other people--my fellow comic books peers--would actually enjoy reading? I mean, isn't great when someone who is also into the same things you are into (i.e. sci-fi, fantasy, alternate US histories, comic books) gets you hip to a book they enjoy? It seems more organic when it is word of mouth.

I just have to open my mouth wider. What bigger voice is there than on the internet? So here I am trying to speak loud and distinctly and promote this comic that I poured my heart over--MEGATON CRUSH--properly.

I put up a Kickstarter page and though its been a slow start, I remain hopeful. After all, my only other alternative is to dip into my IRA (nervous laugh). Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/apjones/megaton-crush#project-faqs

I realize at this point its almost like writing a message in a bottle. But: "It has to start some place. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"