Big_Bad_Bogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Big_Bad_Bogan

for all the aussies on comicvine

how are you gonna celebrate australia day?

Claudia2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Claudia2001

bbq

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By albusan

Outback steakhouse

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Kidd  Online

Is this an actual thing?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JugJugBanks

@the_kidd said:

Is this an actual thing?

It is very much a thing, and in fact the merits of it have been debated in Australian Parliament RE the taking of the land from the First Australians a.k.a. Indigenous Australians a.k.a. Australian Aboriginals.

It's similar to July 4th except you don't get cray cray f-heads shooting guns anywhere in celebration.

You also get the best fish and chips in the world on that day if you know the right places to be and with an Aussie friend who does not consider you a boofhead seppo*.

yes, Aussies, we know what you mean when you call yanks that. ;)

*also a real thing. can also mean Mitt Romney or Justin Beiber.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Kidd  Online
JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: cool beans, glad you feel that way. These days people are much more respectful to the 1st Australians and politician making speeches on that day give thanks and appreciation to the clans and peoples and tribes of the area in which they are giving the speeches, which is very cool.

Of course many 1st Australians call Australia Day "Invasion Day", for obvious (and fair) reasons.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Kidd  Online
Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@jugjugbanks: so what do you do to celebrate it?

That's what the OP was after, there's plenty of ways. But the common theme is being outside with friends and family and enjoying the sun, a bbq and a few beers.

...unfortunately its been raining here all day. :(

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Bay Area, but when I've been there I follow the lead of the Aussies I'm with. If you are Aussie you can wear the Aussie flag as a cape (common), and they have Aussie flag hats, but being a yank you should not do that.

Lamb is a BIG thing in Australia, so eating lamb on Australia Day is like eating hot dogs on Independence Day in the USA.

Swimming at the beach is a big thing, beach BBQ's are a big thing, watching sports and having 8 or 11 beers in a row at a sportspub is a big thing.

Like ANZAC day (celebrating the Fallen of WW1), honoring veterans who protected Australia in 5 wars is a good thing. Buy a Digger a Schooner, things like that.

And ultimately, the "snag sandwich".

I'll let the Aussies on the thread explain the Australian significance of the "snag sandwich". Tastes great, but unhealthy as hell.

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: It could be worse, Cave Duck: a friend in Melbourne told me that Perth has been hitting temps of almost 50 for days.

That's centigrade, folks, not farenheit (Oz is metric system).

I hope you ain't in Perth Cave Duck!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do they extend visiting hours for the day?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean to the "ain't got no idea of what the thread talks about but will snipe anyway" ward?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean to the "ain't got no idea of what the thread talks about but will snipe anyway" ward?

No, it was a prison joke.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jugjugbanks:

I'm the other side of the continent from Perth, in sunny NSW. We've been getting mid-30s for the past week. Then on the day you're meant to be outside...rain!

Also snag sangas are good for you! Who told you otherwise?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: I dated an ACON foodie from Leichardt/Newton once. You imagine what THEY had to say about the snag deiliciousness. That woman was like a bad cross between the Scarecrow and Harley Quinn raised by Alan Moore.

The look on her face when I wanted to make some hashbrowns for her friends... my nads turned into sultanas.

Oz sausages are WAYYYYYY superior btw, and many of your snag artisans still spice and smoke them beautifully. As are the old school butchers you still have.

BALEE_DATTTTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The First Aussie Day my Bro CS isn't a virgin

BALEEEEE DATTT!!!!!!!

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I celebrated today by working and getting paid the public holiday rate. :)

Oi Oi Oi!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Had my girlfriend over, then went to my grandparent's house.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

watch the tennis

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in Honour of Aussies (spelling 'honor' in teir Brit fashion, which is actually the proper fashion), I watched the Australian Open.

(-)

(-)

(-)

(-)

for Serena's AŽŽ

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IGGY IGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS!!!!!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_kidd said:

Is this an actual thing?

It is very much a thing, and in fact the merits of it have been debated in Australian Parliament RE the taking of the land from the First Australians a.k.a. Indigenous Australians a.k.a. Australian Aboriginals.

It's similar to July 4th except you don't get cray cray f-heads shooting guns anywhere in celebration.

You also get the best fish and chips in the world on that day if you know the right places to be and with an Aussie friend who does not consider you a boofhead seppo*.

yes, Aussies, we know what you mean when you call yanks that. ;)

*also a real thing. can also mean Mitt Romney or Justin Beiber.

That's harsh

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: @kingvenus: King V: Damn Skippy ol' mate (the Bush Kangaroo, though according to urban legend, was actually a wallaby since walabies were easier to control for TV purposes). BUT(T) my good King of the Venus, jif you wanna know about glorious glutes of the Aussie AZZZZZZ variety, you showld check out a Cabaret Female Performer and TV Comedy sketch artist in Australia named Amanda Bishop. She does not merely have bootycakes; she gots da whole BAKERY. She's globally appreciated for doing impersonations of Julia Gillard (ex Prime Minister of Aussieland) as good or better than Tina Fey did Palin. Aussies kick zzzz, and GOTS DA AZZZZZZ.

comicace3: wellllll... harshe but fair. Not many Bogans or chocos die from bullets falling back to earth from "happy gunfire". a fair amount of cracker-asses and cholos DO get a gravity-mean bullet falling back to earth, and into their anatomy, damaging them 4evah, in the USA.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Not if you have BEEN in Australia, and lived in Australia, as someone other than a fake-it-tip-you-make-it AFTRS or RMIT parasite piece of faeces..

And if you are Aussie, Sophia, and born in 1989, you know what I mean. ;)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3: wellllll... harshe but fair. Not many Bogans or chocos die from bullets falling back to earth from "happy gunfire". a fair amount of cracker-asses and cholos DO get a gravity-mean bullet falling back to earth, and into their anatomy, damaging them 4evah, in the USA.

Got any links or data to back that generalized speculation up?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

Watch the mythbusters episode.

and get some publication credits in comics after that. ;)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

Watch the mythbusters episode.

So that's a no then?

and get some publication credits in comics after that. ;)

Huh?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

@sophia89: Not if you have BEEN in Australia, and lived in Australia, as someone other than a fake-it-tip-you-make-it AFTRS or RMIT parasite piece of faeces..

These are the only things I understood.

Then obviously you are not Australian, never been in a long term relationship with an Australian, nor spent more than a week's time living in Australia.

So nothing that is actually "keeping it real" about Australia - or Australia Day - will make any sense to you. So why are you typing such things?

I mean, in respect of the title of this thread, *I* know what "Brah Boys", and how that feeds into Cronulla Riots, and how that applies to Australia Day, means.

As does Cave Duck, who knows I am making perfect sense with such things and how they apply to Australia Day.

You don't.

got a problem? Ask Cave Duck. Ask CD about Brah Boys and racial tensions in places like Cabramatta.

get involved.

be more than Paris Hilton.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JakeN7
Australian male in his natural habitat and cultural garb

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

*Nods head* Makes perfect sense.

Doesn't it though? JugJug's responses are always so sensible and appropriate...

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

That was really dumb for someone who asks for "evidence" and "back-up".

the Aussie convict uniform is QUITE distinctive, nothing like that USA one and frankly, only someone crebrally REALLY LAZY could not find a pic/gif of the Aussie Convict shirt. It is NOTHING like that. If you'd posted a pic of the NSW convict, the QLD convict, or the Tazzie convict, all easy to find (lazy boy) it would have been decent joke.

But what YOU did was like a wannabe stand up comedian on open mic night stealing a joke from Richard Pryor, then not even being able to speak properly into the microphone.

epic fail son.

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JugJugBanks

@sophia89 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

@sophia89 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

Then obviously you are not Australian, never been in a long term relationship with an Australian, nor spent more than a week's time living in Australia.

So nothing that is actually "keeping it real" about Australia - or Australia Day - will make any sense to you. So why are you typing such things?

I mean, in respect of the title of this thread, *I* know what "Brah Boys", and how that feeds into Cronulla Riots, and how that applies to Australia Day, means.

As does Cave Duck, who knows I am making perfect sense with such things and how they apply to Australia Day.

You don't.

got a problem? Ask Cave Duck. Ask CD about Brah Boys and racial tensions in places like Cabramatta.

get involved.

translation: you have no experience, at all, with anything Australian, much less anything that would apply to Australia Day, so you go for the cop-out reply which has been used on the internet since before you were born.

SO creative.

The thread is about Oz, aka Australia.

So when you and Jakey Wakey actually have ANY expereince with Australia at all, you get to snark.

until then, well, people who DO have experience in the thread's topic are very happy to baby-sit you. :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JakeN7

@jugjugbanks: *hangs up phone* Sorry, I can't hear you from behind the glass.

No Caption Provided

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

@sophia89 said:

@jugjugbanks said:

You don't.

get involved.

Translation: you have NO experience with Australia, or anything that makes up Australia Day, at all.

Yet... are posting on this thread.

When you DO have some experience, what I said *would* make perfect sense. As you would have at least 2% basic knowledge of what makes up the topic of the thread.

So we'll get back to this after you actually *get* some Aussie experience under yer belt, me ol' scrubbah, me dear ol' moll from King's Cross, me sweaty spunkmeat from Hey Hey It's Saturday (and Aussies on this thread, unlike you, will understand that *Aussie* slang and know the TV show HHIS I mentioned, starring Ozzie Ostritch.... who should have been an emu).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jugjugbanks: Which is your favorite movie? Finding Nemo or Kangaroo Jack?

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jugjugbanks: Which is your favorite movie? Finding Nemo or Kangaroo Jack?

You are criminally lazy, and thus your joke was a SALAD bowl of epic fail.

BOTH those films were bankrolled by USA studios, so by LAW, punky brewster, they are AMERICAN films.

stop being a puppy biting at my heels while you give in to laziness. BOTHER to read an imdb page for chrissakes. Do, like, a SECOND of research before FAILING again.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jugjugbanks: Favorite actor, Hugh Jackman or Chris Hemsworth?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JakeN7

@jugjugbanks:

Can you point me to where you live on this here map?

No Caption Provided

I've always wanted to visit Maneating Koalas. Oh, and Deranged Gunmen (off the coast from Convicts and Giant Spiders) looks like a real nice place as well.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hahahaha

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points