#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/13/capcom-announces-a-new-street-fighter

• There's no official name yet
  • The game is arriving in early 2014
  • It'll be available on the PS3, 360, and PC
  • Upgrade from any version of Street Fighter 4 for 14.99
  • The full retail game will cost $39.99
  • Existing characters will be adjusted to level the playing field
  • 5 new characters will be added including...
  1. Poison
  2. Hugo
  3. Rolento
  4. Elena
  5. 1 Mystery Character that has never been in a Street Fighter game before
  • 6 new stages will be added
  • All past DLC costumes will be included in the game (A $40 value)
  • Pre-Order bonuses include costumes from Udon
  • The Japanese arcade version has NESiCa support, but no launch date has been announced
  • A trailer will be coming before the grand finals this Sunday with the official name of the title
#2 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it super hyper fudgey Street Fighter 4 ? so no Five, yet from the sounds of it

Where is Q and Alex ? :O

#3 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyper Turbo Street fighter 4: HD remix

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeeze another update? When am I getting my SF 5?

#5 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Mike and Joe !

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Uber mega street fighter 4 nitrous turbo hyper arcade edition plus plus extra plus super version... Part 1.

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

It better be a continuation of Street Fighter 4 story, and increase the combat speed. I found SF4 to be a little slow compared to Injustice, or UMVC.

#8 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6278 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#9 Posted by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo Arcade edition.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio
Don Ramon is the new Character.

#11 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh, another version of sf 4? Man thought it was sf 5. Pass

#12 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

You kow is a sad day when Nintendo is doing better Capcom related games that Capcom itself.

I blame all the idiots that buy DLC.

#14 Edited by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Capcom really knows how to crush the Street Fighter series.

This video better than anything Capcom has done with its games in a while. Turn up the volume.

"The Ballad of Mike Haggar"

#15 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

You kow is a sad day when Nintendo is doing better Capcom related games that Capcom itself.

I agree except Nintendo is a far more successful company then Capcom. Has been and most likely always will be. Concerning fighters though, this is why I prefer NRS games especially of late past few years. Capcom is beyond greedy, the only company to make 4 versions of the same game retailing for $40.00 each(not counting DLC) ripoff much? lol

#16 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio

So there wont be a new Mega Man game then ? We get a Hyper Super Street Fighter 4 instead ?

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: With WB games you know they will give you the complete edition once the are over at making DLC.

Once all the character in Injustice are done and they will stop making DLC, they will give you the complete edition like they did with MK, Arkham and others.

But Capcom keeps making DLC none stop.

#18 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

Exactly, like they did with MK9 it gives the player the option that version(complete editions) are only for people who didn't buy the game and previously get the DLC. Which to me is totally worth it for the newer player.

Capcom keeps making DLC but also updated versions of the same game where they could simply update their games via DLC, patches etc like other games do. Capcom is really at this point only adding more DLC to try to compete with Injustice, but even so Injustice you're getting LOADS of content more costumes then any other fighter by far, some of which even free like the DOS Doomsday, Wrestling Bane, Flashpoint Batman, the iOS costumes, the WB poll costumes(I got the Green Arrow "Arrow" costume for nothing)etc, etc and the 4 DLC characters for the price of 3 via the season pass. Capcom you get nothing free however. I just feel WB and NRS games gives you far better deals and more content for your money and less money.

#19 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, well now I'll wait for this version to get cheap before I buy Street Fighter 4.

#20 Edited by consolemaster001 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just hope that they don't pull the "dlc on disc" bull crap

#21 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that they are adding more Final Fight characters also the 5th one has got to be Asura right?

#22 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio
SHAQ IN DLC!!!!
Still a better option that Poison!!!
Then i say to Kobe pull my finger!!!

#23 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Tutorman (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I agree except Nintendo is a far more successful company then Capcom. Has been and most likely always will be. Concerning fighters though, this is why I prefer NRS games especially of late past few years. Capcom is beyond greedy, the only company to make 4 versions of the same game retailing for $40.00 each(not counting DLC) ripoff much? lol

I really don't know why you would complain about such a thing, when 1st. SF4 was the Only game that went for full price mind you. SSF4 ran for only $40, and AE:2012 was FREE of charge.

This DLC is a measly $15, and lets compare that to other "popular" games around the world shall we? Other DLC's for games can go for as much as Full Price while other games such as MMO's will run Skins/Cosmetic Items for $10-15-20-30+ a piece! If you want a Greedy Game, Look at League of Legends (I'm sure many of you here play this game too), that game sells skins for $10 or more, and that last Udyr skin for $30? You kidding me? I mean $30 for a skin here.

In this DLC for SF4 you get 5 new playable characters, 6 new stages, completely rebalanced roster along with that, and newly added bonuses. Btw, the new content was not "locked" in the previous disc either.

However Capcom is the greedy company here? That's nonsense here considering other gaming companies like EA sports will make a new Madden, NBA game every year for full price (which isn't drastically different from the previous year) or another company making a new Guitar Hero game running for full price, and all they do is add new songs...yeah.

Capcom has been great with the SF4 series and have been very considerate of their fanbase and its players. I think some of you are still high about what they did in the early 1990's.

As for Nintendo, they ain't as dignified as you make them either. Considering for Evolution 2013, the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, they were going to Ban SSBM from being streamed, even though SSBM players raised nearly $100,000 for Breast Cancer in order to win the right to have their game put their, yet Nintendo had the audacity to state a cancel only 3 days before Evolution 2013 was going to begin. Why didn't they do this earlier when they Knew about the charity work for it? If not for the hate/bombardment of bad reps from all over which forced Nintendo to revoke their previous statement within the next day and allow Evo to host SSBM.

#27 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Once Capcom forgot to count to 3 thus the Alpha/Zero Series was born. Don't tell me that they also forgot to count to 5. LOLZ!

#28 Edited by Tutorman (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Once Capcom forgot to count to 3 thus the Alpha/Zero Series was born. Don't tell me that they also forgot to count to 5. LOLZ!

As for the Alpha Series, you need to realize that Capcom wanted to make a Street Fighter game with a storyline that occurred Before Street Fighter 2. Hence why Alpha was created & only two years later SFIII was released. The SF2 series, Alpha Series, III series all have completely different game engines and mechanics. With the Alpha Series actually having the most distinct from alpha 1, alpha 2, and alpha 3.

Capcom will count to 5, however I'm sure you weren't their back in 1998 when they said that SFIII:3rd Strike would be the Last Street Fighter game for a long time, and that it wouldn't get another true release until 10 years later for its Anniversary, this was stated an a video game magazine issue back then however I forgot which one now. A decade later into 2008, what did we get? Street Fighter 4. With the popularity of fighting games again, which is highly, highly due to SF4, we'll be seeing SF5 within the next two years at most.

#29 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@tutorman said:

@overlordarhas said:

As for the Alpha Series, you need to realize that Capcom wanted to make a Street Fighter game with a storyline that occurred Before Street Fighter 2. Hence why Alpha was created & only two years later SFIII was released. The SF2 series, Alpha Series, III series all have completely different game engines and mechanics. With the Alpha Series actually having the most distinct from alpha 1, alpha 2, and alpha 3.

Capcom will count to 5, however I'm sure you weren't their back in 1998 when they said that SFIII:3rd Strike would be the Last Street Fighter game for a long time, and that it wouldn't get another true release until 10 years later for its Anniversary, this was stated an a video game magazine issue back then however I forgot which one now. A decade later into 2008, what did we get? Street Fighter 4. With the popularity of fighting games again, which is highly, highly due to SF4, we'll be seeing SF5 within the next two years at most.

I pretty much know SF history, I am a player after all, that statement was meant to be a joke (notice LOLZ), but thank you for the additional info. :)

#30 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty excited for the update. Not because of the new characters (I have no interest in the four revealed so far), but because of the balance changes. I hope they give Guile a few buffs; the balance notes have been good so far.

My wishlist for Guile:

• Buff Ultra 2 damage by at 50 pts, but it should be 400
  • Decrease Startup of Ultra 1 and give it full damage when hits airborne opponents with the first hit
  • Make c.lp to c.mp a 2 frame link
  • Make Flash kick FADC Ultra 2 a bit easier to execute and do a bit more damage

That is my dream. They could increase recovery on sonic boom just a little bit if they need to, but these changes should really be made.

#31 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

You notice all the things they did with this "new" game, is just as expansion pack.

Is like telling people a Expansion pack i s a new game.

This is SF2 all over again.

#32 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

You notice all the things they did with this "new" game, is just as expansion pack.

Is like telling people a Expansion pack i s a new game.

This is SF2 all over again.

Exactly! And thus Capcom easily being the greediest company to make fighters...

@ Tutorman,

SF AE wasn't free of charge...I bought it used for 20 bucks and it's on the xbox market place for 14.99....so no, not free. You don't see why fans would complain? Actually, Capcom did it with MVC too in UMVC3...instead of just putting DLC or updating/patching their game like everyone else but since we're on SF, 4 versions of the same game in total, which btw did lock in game content and charge people for it that's why some fans "sighed" over that which @deathpoolthet1000 has already mentioned.

SF4 =full price 60 bucks

SC5=Full price 60 bucks

MK9=full price 60 bucks

Smash=Full price 60 bucks

Injustice=full price 60 bucks

Tekken 6=full price

Mvc3=Full price 60 bucks

Now, while they all have DLC all but SF4 and MVC3 did it all via updates, in game content to be unlocked or some kind of point system to unlock it and/or reasonably priced. All except drum roll.. SF 4 and UMVC3..

In case you're unaware the others didn't have "multiple versions of the same game with a few slight improvements, updates, costumes etc" but rather just put it in the game for free or as DLC for cheaper priced then SF4 which was 60 right? Then you have SSF4, that's 40 bucks on top of that already $100 bucks...then you have SSF4: Arcade Edition another 40 bucks, (and only the updates/patches were free for 2012, not the game itself or extra content you want) and now SSF4:Ultra Edition which will retail for another 40 I bet that's already $120 bucks in total(not counting DLC to pay for) I have literally nearly every Injustice costume and far more mind you then SF for far less(and at least NRS gives some for free or bargained DLC like Season Pass Star labs missions for nothing if you got the season pass which also charged 4 characters for the price of 3)...as Death pool said, it's SF2 all over again...same game over and over with slight updates, modes and newer characters. All which can be done or added via DLC...again NRS, Namco and Nintendo do this, why can't Capcom? oh yeah...greed. And then there's of course UMVC3, which again same thing charging another 40 bucks....No other fighting game has done this except Capcom games.

Secondly, why are you bringing up MMOs or RPGs? Different genre, different animal entirely...those games require a hell of a lot more work then your average fighting game such as a map, massive tweak update can't be fixed or added with a mere hot fix like fighters have. They need a full out patch thus costing more money. I'm talking strickly fighting genre here in which Capcom is charging you an arm and a leg just to get everything or update unlike their competitors NRS, Nintendo and Namco etc. Are you going to mention Halo next? lol because as I said we all know fighters are not at the top of the food chain in gaming, it's a fact FPS's, MMOR's etc are far more popular and thus cost more money to make. Of course they could be cheaper but don't compare a different genre to get your point across when we're talking fighting games here. That's like someone having an issue with an economic car and you bringing up a Corvette or Ferrari being more pricey...it's irrelevant because those aren't economic cars much less the same class as an economic car like a Malibu, Camry, Taurus etc. Point is those games require a hell of a lot more work to create a new map, updates, patches, online work etc then a fighting game does. NRS has their own technology which works great in their hot fixes for MK and Injustice. Why can't Capcom do that? One reason and answer. GREED!

I get that you get 5 new characters, 6 stages and updated/balance tweaks. All of those have been DLC for others fighters be it MK, SC, Tekken or DOA...just want to point that out without having a whole new "version of the same game" again or charging for locked in game content either...

Again, while I don't disagree that other companies can be greedy at times like what Metallica did with Guitar Hero as oppose to other bands not being nearly as greedy with Rockband or GH. We're not talking about other genres or EA here. I agree, EA is horrible....but as far as "the fighting genre is concerned" it's no secret Capcom is easily the most greedy compared to their competitors..therefore not nonsense. I don't hate them or anything they just have a rep for being greedy and making 100 versions of the same game when the reality is this isn't the 90's, we have updates, advanced technology, patches and DLC. These "newer versions labled as new games" isn't necessary.

As for Nintendo vs. Capcom, granted while Nintendo isn't perfect(who is) this is a comparison that shouldn't be compared everyone who knows a thing about gaming history knows Nintendo is WAY more successful then Capcom, Capcom makes games. Nintendo IS games or a huge part of it anyway...outside of Smash Melee being a solid game which was at this years EVO again, point is as someone myself who plays MK and Injustice at high level, Evo doesn't just choose any "game" you have to be worth it and voted into Evo which is the world's biggest fighting game tournament mind you like you said.... The fact that SSBM players raised 100,000 dollars for cancer is just proof of how much they wanted their game in there and for a good cause no less. No other fighter had charities or funding for cancer...

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Yeah, i mean Poison as a character is evidence of this point.

Since Poison is a gimmick sell, there is no good reason to have her/him in the game, since there is other SF that arent straight, and not, i dont mean Zangief, he is actually heterosexual, his fansite in japan actually finally end the rumors and Capcom did Evolution ending to make clear this.

I mean the character that looks like Freddy Mercury, Eagle that is actually telling everybody is gay.

Is explain Zangief see beuty in other way, because he belives people like Vega are idiots that try to hard and that is an ugly thing.

This is from Giant Bomb.

Though some have speculated about Zangief's sexual orientation, Capcom representatives have confirmed that Zangief is a straight man. The speculation came to a head over his biography in the Alpha series listing his dislikes as "beautiful women" and him having a custom intro with Eagle (A Freddie Mercury Tribute character) in Street Figher Alpha MAX.

Capcom has being messing around with the fans all this times, since Poison is a shemale, there is no way they would lie about Zangief being heterosexual.

#34 Edited by Tutorman (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

~snip~

The only games that went for a good buck was SF4 and SSF4. Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4 was a huge upgrade, considering someone actually Did break into the SF4 game disc, and none of the characters you obtain in SSF4 were even "locked" inside of SF4, not to mention their was a 2 year gap between SF4 to SSF4. However Vanilla Arcade Edition was a downloadable content for $15 (You didn't have to purchase the full game if you already had SSF4), while the next upgrade of Arcade Edition 2012 (The current one that everyone and competitive gamers are playing) was Free of Charge as I had said. Ultra Street Fighter 4 is going to run for $15 on DLC and you can upgrade it from SF4 or SSF4, you don't have to buy the full priced game.

The only one I agree with you on was MvC3 to UMvC3 which was absolutely bogus on their part. SF4, they've at least had 2 year gaps in between ANY of their purchasable upgrades.

The Tekken 5 to Tekken 5 :DR upgrade for arcade cabinets went for a Fat Bill & worst yet, IF you wanted your scene to stay competitive, you Had to Purchase this upgrade, and did not receive a Real Console release until later. While the same was for Tekken 6 to Tekken 6 BR you may think this isn't "greedy" however it's no different the only thing is it hits a different market that is still thriving all over the world (especially in the Asian countries where Namco is HUGE) besides within the USA where arcades are dead. Namco made a Killing Off of this, when at that particular time when Tekken was arguably the most popular fighting game outside of the US. Soul Calibur 6 had the same thing with characters being DLC, and more hilariously the music they offered were also DLC cost.

You talk also talk about Mortal Kombat 9, however they even released a Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition only 1 year After MK9's release which when sold was for Full Price. So if you included all of that it's $120 which in fact when compared to SF4 all the way through into AE:2012 (the current one everyone has now) you only spent $115 total. So I don't see how you could seriously make Capcom the villain here, when Mortal Kombat did the same exact thing!

My comparisons to other genres is to show you who the Real Money Grabbers are. Only in Recent times have MMO's clamed down on their full price upgrades, however go to S. Korea, Japan, and see the things that they'll do in order for you to buy a full priced MMO game that you have already obtained by throwing a random "collector's" item in it. However, what I was mainly speaking of when pertaining to MMO's were their Cosmetics/DLC content "You want to upgrade this weapon/gear?" You'll have to buy this at our Cash Shop store. You want to open this chest? You can purchase the keys are our Cash Shop store. They all grab money like nobodies business.

If you truly believe that since Street Fighter is a fighting game genre and thus shouldn't be compared to it, then you are completely delusional. You need to get your head out and smell the fresh air and realize that Only the fighting game genre have started to catch on with this tactic that is deployed by almost all other genres. The only difference is that with the release of Street Fighter 4 back in 2008, other companies also now saw that their was again Potential in this once more (It's not a coincidence that Post-2008 other gaming companies who used to be competitive in this genre have thrown their card into this money maker now and why? Because of the success of SF4).

You keep acting like this is something only Capcom is doing, however the other fighting game franchises have been done so at one point or in the past. As you said with Nintendo...Nobodies Perfect.

@vaeternus said:

outside of Smash Melee being a solid game which was at this years EVO again, point is as someone myself who plays MK and Injustice at high level, Evo doesn't just choose any "game" you have to be worth it and voted into Evo which is the world's biggest fighting game tournament mind you like you said.... The fact that SSBM players raised 100,000 dollars for cancer is just proof of how much they wanted their game in there and for a good cause no less. No other fighter had charities or funding for cancer...

This is the biggest false statement ever...No other fighting games had charities for fund raising? Are you sure you play competitively, because if you did, you would've Known this fact. As for Evolution 2013 I was there this past month in fact I have been at Evo since 2004...remember the Daigo Parry? Yeah, I saw it with my own eyes.

This was a contest for Any Fighting Game that wanted to have themselves represented by putting forth the most money for Breast Cancer. So it wasn't "just" SSBM players, but other players for other respective games who also supported their support to the breast cancer, SSBM simply won. So it wasn't just that particular group that was being "charitable".

I would also like to add that this isn't the first time Nintendo has done sort of low blow tactic. They also did it at MLG...a few days before it was going to be held, and blocked SSBM. Even the creator of of Smash doesn't give two cents about what the community that has loved the series think, and he has openly said that he wants to remove SSB from being competitive (Read his comments when making SSBB, "I want to remove wavedashing" "I want to remove L-Canceling" "I don't want Smash to be a competitive fighting game" etc, etc). If Nintendo really bothered, they would be helping to support and promote this, however have never done so before, and I don't see them doing so anytime soon either. Capcom, Namco, & even Warner Bros gave out tremendous support for Evolution, certainly not Nintendo.

@vaeternus said:

As for Nintendo vs. Capcom, granted while Nintendo isn't perfect(who is) this is a comparison that shouldn't be compared everyone who knows a thing about gaming history knows Nintendo is WAY more successful then Capcom, Capcom makes games. Nintendo IS games or a huge part of it anyway.

Nintendo has only dominated in recent times due to the WII. Prior to that, 32-bit era or for them 64-bit era? No. 128-Bit Era? No. They are a gaming company that makes systems and games so they are going to have a heavier influence then Capcom, however did you really forget what Capcom did in the past?

For a good portion of the 90's Capcom dominated the gaming world. Why? Street Fighter II? Why? With the release of this game back in 1991, it brought the Arcade Business out of Bankruptcy in 1991 when they were on the verge of calling it and established the 2nd Golden Age of Arcades not seen since the days of Pac-Man. It made the Fighting Game Genre The Most Popular Genre of that era. It also brought in revenue of almost $2 billion from 1991-1993....Destroying all other gaming companies by a vast margin. I haven't even mentioned the Resident Evil Series either...so I would say thats pretty darn good for a Company that simply makes games.

#35 Posted by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't really seem like it's worth it.

#36 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:@vaeternus: Yeah, i mean Poison as a character is evidence of this point.

Since Poison is a gimmick sell, there is no good reason to have her/him in the game, since there is other SF that arent straight, and not, i dont mean Zangief, he is actually heterosexual, his fansite in japan actually finally end the rumors and Capcom did Evolution ending to make clear this.

I mean the character that looks like Freddy Mercury, Eagle that is actually telling everybody is gay.

Is explain Zangief see beuty in other way, because he belives people like Vega are idiots that try to hard and that is an ugly thing.

This is from Giant Bomb.

Though some have speculated about Zangief's sexual orientation, Capcom representatives have confirmed that Zangief is a straight man. The speculation came to a head over his biography in the Alpha series listing his dislikes as "beautiful women" and him having a custom intro with Eagle (A Freddie Mercury Tribute character) in Street Figher Alpha MAX.

Capcom has being messing around with the fans all this times, since Poison is a shemale, there is no way they would lie about Zangief being heterosexual.

Good point and true, I love Final Fight but always wondered about Poison. The Zangief gig I never wondered about but have heard about lol. Dan was a gimmick, more or less a parody of Ryu I remember reading way back lol.

@ Tutorman,

The updates and "patches, characters etc" should be DLC being my point, instead of Capcom making multiple versions of the same game and trying to label it a "new game" when it's really not, as @deathpoolthet1000 already stated it really is SF2 all over again...and clearly he's a SF fan as he said earlier if you check out his comments.

Ok, well that's good to hear concerning Ultra at least since I had SF4 then traded it in once I saw what they were doing that and I wanted to play other games and some what recently got SSF4 AE. I will respectfully disagree with the SF4 gig, while MVC3 and UMVC3 was obvious, it just seems like despite few years out or not, they could still just add/update it via DLC like the other fighters.

I'm all for character, stage, updates, patches DLC etc but once games start with various versions and music, every little costume(unless demanded as in Injustice's case) I really can't see charging that extra money that's all I'm saying.

Ahh, but you see MK9 there's a huge difference and I'll break it down. MK9 they already had planned a "komplete edition" WITH all the DLC packed in it! Thus giving the newer player an option to get that OR buy the DLC and that's only IF they didn't already have it via DLC first...I know a few people who bought the MK9 KE because they didn't know or buy the DLC for it and loved it. Plus you got few more things like DLC bios etc but keep in mind while when it came out at full price, that again was only for players who didn't already have MK9 so it was worth it plus, it went down FAST as in 20-30 bucks currently speaking, yet if you want SSF4 AE brand new it's still 40! I know this because I was at gamestop last week...so entirely different. It's not comparable, you get way more for your buck with Mk9 and Injustice vs. SF4 versions and/or UMVC3...As I said earlier most of the costumes are already unlockable within the game itself in MK and injustice's case and Smash's, unlike Capcom games where they charge you for costume packs...The ones in Injustice I assure you and you can ask anyone on here were demanded by the fans such as Earth 2 packs, Anme packs, Blackest Night, Classics, New 52 etc

I get that, obviously you can make an argument that they are all greedy to some degree...however my point is it's unfair to compare one genre to another given how one genre may require far more work into the game and nooks and crannies then another. I don't play MMos but not for that reason, I just find them overrated and dull personally. But I have always not liked "paying extra for servers, expansion packs etc, etc" for the developers it's just their way of making extra coin/profit and know certain nutty players will pay for it. Also i nevrr said no other company has dine charities i said the other.fighters there didnt have to...and as fir supporting evo they all did including nintedo, sounds to mr that you just have a gripe agai st them. Funny since capcoms rep isnt exactly squeaky clean...

You act as if only sf reps or defines the fighting genre, so false...

Uhh, SF IS a fighting game genre. It's a fact, so I don't know how you can say I'm delusional, to deny this(and you're the first to btw) is ridiculous, my point is you went straight to comparing or pointing fingers at other genres, while it's true other companies are just as bad if not worse, that's irrelevant. Again, SF is a fighting game, thus fighting genre is their main goal to win is it not? Everyone will buy SF due to the name, just like MK or Smash, etc, etc or Mario or Halo. That's a no duh, but still your goal is to win or attract gamers that follow your genre to YOUR game at the end of the day as well as newer, casual gamers.

Again, I never denied other companies doing extra things for profit or being greedy but the fact remains if you compare fighting genres Capcom, NRS, Namco, Bandai and Nintendo with their fighters Capcom by FAR charges the most at the end of the day for all their "newer" content"

Err, Nintendo has dominated a while in gaming and generally speaking the past 20+ years overall speaking including the 90's especially SNES? N64? GBA?, sorry but you don't stick around that long unless you're doing something right. Am I saying winning every console war? No, but being successful in one way or another? Hell yes. I was around during the golden age, they practically stated what you see now. Sure, Atari was older but died even before Nintendo got hot...and even the basics you see now in gaming were taken from Nintendo from wired controllers to rumbles within. The Wii was a risk vs. reward gig that worked out GREAT for Nintendo, so well in fact Sony and M$ took their ideas when initially they said "they wouldn't concerning motion controls" Exactly my point, which is why overall one would have to be out of their mind to compare a gaming industry god historically speaking to a mere developer that makes games. Besides, one area Nintendo has ALWAYS dominated in is the portable market. That alone has made them more money then anything from Capcom. Besides, you're talking about the past? That's exactly my point concerning Nintendo, they have TONS of franchises still here today, tons of creative, interactive ideas and success way more then failure. Capcom outside of SF, RE, Megaman really. Besides, SF believe it or not wasn't the first fighter technically...Karate Champ was, but SF II became the first BIG fighter, that spawned other fighters from MK to Tekken both of which being vastly different then SF too mind you.

I don't know if I'd say Capcom "destroyed" other companies by a vast margin, destroyed means putting other companies out of business. I'm pretty sure Nintendo was more successful then Capcom in the 90's overall between Mario, Metroid, DKC, Goldeneye etc list goes on...I'm not saying Capcom wasn't a good company, I'm saying they shouldn't be compared to a gaming giant such as Nintendo overall...

#37 Posted by Tutorman (78 posts) - - Show Bio

The updates and "patches, characters etc" should be DLC being my point, instead of Capcom making multiple versions of the same game and trying to label it a "new game" when it's really not, as @deathpoolthet1000 already stated it really is SF2 all over again...and clearly he's a SF fan as he said earlier if you check out his comments.

Ok, well that's good to hear concerning Ultra at least since I had SF4 then traded it in once I saw what they were doing that and I wanted to play other games and some what recently got SSF4 AE. I will respectfully disagree with the SF4 gig, while MVC3 and UMVC3 was obvious, it just seems like despite few years out or not, they could still just add/update it via DLC like the other fighters.

I'm all for character, stage, updates, patches DLC etc but once games start with various versions and music, every little costume(unless demanded as in Injustice's case) I really can't see charging that extra money that's all I'm saying.

SF4 to SSF4 was the only Disc to Disc one you had to get and their was a 2 year gap between the two, Post-SSF4, everything has been DLC. The fact is, Arcade Edition was a $15 upgrade, and Arcade Edition 2012 was Free of Charge. Ultra is $15 so you were complaining for all of the wrong reasons.

Stating that it's the 90's all over again is a joke. SF2:WW-SSF2 went for $60 a piece! Can we say the same about SF4? No. So how is it the 90's all over again? That's the most ridiculous comments made by you and a few others on here, when clearly that isn't the case here.

@vaeternus said:

Ahh, but you see MK9 there's a huge difference and I'll break it down. MK9 they already had planned a "komplete edition" WITH all the DLC packed in it! Thus giving the newer player an option to get that OR buy the DLC and that's only IF they didn't already have it via DLC first...I know a few people who bought the MK9 KE because they didn't know or buy the DLC for it and loved it. Plus you got few more things like DLC bios etc but keep in mind while when it came out at full price, that again was only for players who didn't already have MK9 so it was worth it plus, it went down FAST as in 20-30 bucks currently speaking, yet if you want SSF4 AE brand new it's still 40! I know this because I was at gamestop last week...so entirely different. It's not comparable, you get way more for your buck with Mk9 and Injustice vs. SF4 versions and/or UMVC3...As I said earlier most of the costumes are already unlockable within the game itself in MK and injustice's case and Smash's, unlike Capcom games where they charge you for costume packs...The ones in Injustice I assure you and you can ask anyone on here were demanded by the fans such as Earth 2 packs, Anme packs, Blackest Night, Classics, New 52 etc.

The exact same thing applies for Mortal Kombat. They basically said within a 1-year release of MK9 "Hey you can buy this game for full price" however we'll just throw all of the goodies into it for you. This gives them more ability to earn even more money with the same game is because not only can you obtain revenue from DLC, but their will be those whom would opt to buy the full priced game (again) if they are included with all goodie contents. Sounds a lot like what you've dubbed "greed" to me. As for Super Street Fighter 4, I have no idea what priced tags you are looking at. A New Super Street Fighter 4 are sold for as low as $13 at Amazon & the Gamestop of yours is moronic & the manager needs to be fired, I have a friend whom is a manager at a particular GS that at one point I used to work for many years ago, and the copies of a new SSF4 run for $10, with used being even lower! Of course GS runs prices differently for every game pertaining to region however your GS must be a money hungry grabber. No right person with a right mind is going to sell SSF4 for $40 when Arcade Edition can already sell for as low as $15 new.

Also i nevrr said no other company has dine charities i said the other.fighters there didnt have to...

Your exact quote "No other fighter had charities or funding for cancer..." Clearly you didn't know know the entire information and didn't realize it wasn't just simply limited to SSBM players, but many other players who enjoyed other fighting games that contributed to this.

and as fir supporting evo they all did including nintedo, sounds to mr that you just have a gripe agai st them. Funny since capcoms rep isnt exactly squeaky clean...

You act as if only sf reps or defines the fighting genre, so false...

Nintendo did not support Evolution 2013, they only said that Evo could host and stream SSBM after the negative backlash that they deserved (I don't hate Nintendo btw, I grew up playing the system back in the 80's however their garbage with Smash it atrocious). Considering Nintendo didn't do squat to help in on Evolution whatsoever. They've never ever distributed stands, they've never had Reps come to represent the very game the community players have been playing, they've never even contributed to the pot for these competitions. Namco did this...Warner Bros Did this...The makers of Killer Instinct although didn't contribute in pot they put up free to play stands and had direct access to those whom made the games there for fanbase to talk to.

Yes, Even Capcom whom you claim is the most Greedy Fighting Game Company of them all have been the Most Generous out of them all, because unlike all the other Companies before hand. Capcom was the company that directly went to these Tournaments, saw them first hand and opted to help them out, even Ono the Big Man to help bring SF4 back has come to Evo and everyone else followed...well...besides Nintendo. I absolutely have no gripe about Nintendo, I just wanted to show you how flawed your statements about regarding them were.

Uhh, SF IS a fighting game genre. It's a fact, so I don't know how you can say I'm delusional, to deny this(and you're the first to btw) is ridiculous, my point is you went straight to comparing or pointing fingers at other genres, while it's true other companies are just as bad if not worse, that's irrelevant. Again, SF is a fighting game, thus fighting genre is their main goal to win is it not? Everyone will buy SF due to the name, just like MK or Smash, etc, etc or Mario or Halo. That's a no duh, but still your goal is to win or attract gamers that follow your genre to YOUR game at the end of the day as well as newer, casual gamers.

Again, I never denied other companies doing extra things for profit or being greedy but the fact remains if you compare fighting genres Capcom, NRS, Namco, Bandai and Nintendo with their fighters Capcom by FAR charges the most at the end of the day for all their "newer" content"

Nobody said that SF4 wasn't a FG genre, I even said that, please don't skewer my words. What I said was that only the Fighting Game Genre has caught on to what other Genres have been doing and are now capitalizing upon because due to the success of Street Fighter 4 that now other gaming companies who make fighting games can now do the same thing...please read correctly next time.

Street Fighter 4 in terms of sales (not including SSF4 or arcade edition DLC) sold 3.5 million units and it had a 2 year gap to do that only. If you included SSF4+AE DLC that's well over 5 million units sold. Namco with Tekken 6 since 2007 has sold 3.5 million, while Mortal Kombat 9 has sold over 3 million copies. So are you seriously going to think that SF4 made this type of sales simply based off its hardcore fanbase or was it also due to the general gamers as well?

The only series that was selling well after Capcom discontinued the SF series in the late 90's and Pre-SF4 in 2008 was Tekken, can't say the same about everyone else.

Also back and re-read my statements of what Mortal Kombat did within a year of their released game, and to what Namco did back in the mid-2000's in my previous post and see if you can come back to me with a straight face and make that statement again. Also, please do Not Talk about Bandai when they were releasing a DBZ fighting game that utilized the same exact engine about 1 year apart from each other for a few years.

~About Nintendo...yet again...

In terms of Home Console systems Nintendo has only truly dominated during the Nintendo 8-bit era (Considering it was like the only 8-bit system at that time so obviously) and the Wii era here, outside of that, I completely disagree with you, and here's why.

SNES vs Genesis their was only a few million differential between the two given the fact that both units sold over 40 million a pop so both systems were highly competitive during the 16-bit era. However enter the 32-Bit era and its not even close here Playstation1 sold nearly 60 million more units then the N-64 which goes to show which gaming company (Sony isn't entirely gaming company but still) had more success. However Playstation2 completely annihilated Nintendo Game Cube outselling them by over 125 million units.

Nintendo was a great gaming company in the 90's however their games that were released in the early-mid 90's were not as popular nor brought forth as much revenue as SF2 did. Firstly Street Fighter II was popular not only on Home-Console but was also popular via Arcades...when that business was in its 2nd boom, and home consoles were not as impactful as they are now.

It made almost 2 billion dollars in revenue within a 3 year gap which was BETTER then what any game Nintendo produced during that tenure, you want to know how ridiculous that revenue is? The only two arcade games to ever make more revenue then SF2 was Pac-Man and Space-Invaders. Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown, Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct etc, etc were some of the most popular games of that era with a few of them thriving because of that particular fighting game, while 3 of them being Street Fighter, King of Fighters and Tekken became popular world-wide. At that time their were more companies trying to make fighting games then any genre out there because of what they saw with the success of SF2.

The genre that would end up knocking fighting games off the pedestal was Final Fantasy VII back in 1997 which due to its incredible popularity brought forth the RPG era that would last for a few years afterwards. So once again, Capcom of course overall has not been better then Nintendo, but once again, stop acting like for a time Capcom didn't dominate the scene, at one point they were the most popular gaming company.

Case and Point, all of you whom are angry are complaining about a $15 DLC which gives you 5 New characters, 6 new stages and a load of new goodies, which is absolutely a great price so you need to get over it.

#38 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10278 posts) - - Show Bio

@tutorman: You notice there is just 2 versions of the past Mortal Kombat.

Tekken boss Katsuhiro Harada (pictured, badass), speak out against such policies.

"Actually this is something my bosses have been asking me for quite a while now - what are our plans for DLC?", he told Eurogamer. "How much money can we make? They are a company, obviously, in it to make money. So it's something I'm continually asked even now. But I haven't changed my stance. If you're making a fighting game, all of the elements necessary to enjoy it should be on the disc, or should at least be available for free."

Later, he draws an even bolder line in the sand, saying "If I was given the choice to include paid DLC or quit Namco, I would maybe quit... Or maybe I would just say 'get someone else to deal with this'"

Capcom Cancelled many games, now they plan to sell more DLC, they have decide to cancel games and sell more DLC, you notice how bad Capcom got since the DLC ideas came.

This game has Poison and they say is a new character, even when is obvious is the same model they used on SF vs Tkken, the game they put in dick DLC and had a bunch of bugs and compete with UMVC for being the worst VS that Capcom did.

#39 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Thank you!! exactly, i just said that myself as well, but some folks deny the facts I guess lol. MK9 having 2 retail games is hardly comparable to sf4 which has 4 games now....on disc and charging more for dlc no less is bs. Thanks for the info on the poison shemale, I always did wonder about that but that's kind of disturbing lol. Yeah that's why I like NRS and Namco because THEY have proved to do a fan service without all the "greedy bs" that Capcom has done over the years. Great post.

@ tutorman, you obviously didn't read what I said concerning the charity gig, I said no other fighting game company HAD to do funding or raise money for anything because they were already in there, but still there's always that last spot that has to go to someone and nintendo fought for it, period. Smash melee is the best game in that series, ask any high level smash player...if you really know fighting games, then you'd know this. I don't know what you're on about concerning the raising money gig, nobody cares guy.

SF4 to SSF4 wasn't the only disc to disc, you're simply misinformed. I can go to any store right now or online and find SF4,SSF4, SSF4 AE and soon ultra, pretty sure that's on discs and they still charge more for dlc regardless of the 15 bucks just to upgrade option, that alone is proof capcom is more greedy then the other fighters because again, what other fighter charges for updates, patches? none, and definitely not mk or injustice so if you think that you're wrong. My reasonings aren't wrong, they're valid based on capcoms greedy track record....

I also never stated "it's the 90's all over again" we're saying they're doing the same thing as the 90's when it's simply NOT NECESSARY....again, they can simply add all this stuff via DLC instead of charging for updates, charging 40 bucks per new disc and claiming it's a "new game" when the reality is it's nothing but the same game slightly updated again.

Nope, you're wrong if you think the mk9 ke is anything like 4 versions of sf4 each retailing again for 40 bucks or 30, used gs charged me 20....nuff said. I can find a new mk ke for 20 bucks now and im getting FAR more for my money as it has everything in it and its a one time buy unlike the many versions of SF4....again that's only for people who dont want to go through the hassel of buying the dlc or who dont already have mk 9.....sure, they can earn more money but that's not nearly as greedy as capcom has been and as @deathpoolthe1000 stated nothing but recycled versions of the same characters from sfxtekken in poison much? it's not even comparable. Even if you compare mk and sf, you can't because mk9 only has 2 retail games where as sf4 has 4! SF4, SSF4, SSF AE and soon SSF ultra...will also be available to buy on disc.

BTW, please post the link showing SSF4 AE for 13 bucks, because i highly duobt that. Used? perhaps but not brand, spanking new...well what can I say gs is a known gaming retailer as is best buy, toys r us and target etc. All sell the game for the same price roughly, cheapest i've seen was bb sell ssf4 for 20(normal ssf4 not ae)

Nintendo did support evo, always have so long as smash is there. If they didn't support evo remotely they would have pulled their game out, clearly they didn't do that. They just need to stop nitpicking at times but still both evo and nin know smash is a worthy, solid game to be there. I agree that they could get involved more with promoting etc but then the players do that for them, they could aid that cause. Hopefully they'll do better for smash 4. But as far as comparisons, nintendo to capcom my statements arent flawed, they're factual. Capcom has been sued for copying other games like splosion man(look it up if you dont believe me unless youd rather i post a link) where as nintendo never had that problem, in fact the opposite at times but this is no surprise since people have been biting off nintendo for years with ideas or similar games. While as i said nin or anyone aren't perfect, i'd wager a lot more companies over time have been inspired by nintendo games from mario alone then capcom.

You said earlier SF wasn't a fighting game genre, then went off onto other genres...or at least the way you worded it. I don't agree with the capitalizing point being as how sf4 was first, then mk9, then mvc3, injustice, etc, etc followed. Even m$ now with ki3 finally i might add is coming back into the fold. I did read correctly, next time choose better grammar and wording please. As for sales, dude none of them sell millions due to "the hardcore/tournament guys" i should know being one, they sell due to the casual audience so you get no argument from me there if that's what your point is. The hardcore players may keep a game alive, but it's the casual guys who bank wb,capcom, namco, nin etc, etc the big money at the end of the day. Obviously, the general casual gamer fanbase vastly outnumbers the hardcore players.

Dude, who cares about the only fighting series selling well in the late 90s in general all fighters sucked or were on the decline it's no secret, even sf has made some flops with sf the movie game and sf alpha and ex not doing that great as they had expected. So i assure you even capcom has failed at times, are they the only ones? No, obviously namco with sc fell off, and midway at the time hit a big hiatus with mk with mk4....this is no secret, tekken at that time flourised more then their competitors but now not so much, it's also more or less the same game over and over again.

At least with mk and sf they tried different games, some failed, some were successful. I don't play the dbz games but my point is they still didn't have a million versions like capcom did with sf4, besides you're bashing bandai over similar engine?lol because sf and sfxtekken totally aren't running on similar engines right? or tekken for how many years? I'm not saying you're wrong about bandai but don't act as if they're the only company to use a similar engine for various years or games....alot if not all of them have done that.

As far as nintendo again, nes, snes, n64 and wii were all successful. NES, SNES and Wii all won their generation of console wars overall while N64 held it's own vs sony and had a far more successful game then anything sony had in goldeneye two years straight no less 97 and 98....

Sega was good, but SNES was better. Better games, better versions of arcade games a la even sf2 and mk2 compare them to the arcade versions and you'll find snes versions were far more accurate then the sega versions on speed...im not even going to get into mario vs sonic since that's an obvious outcome. Yes, the gc got murdered as i said every console at some point loses like ps3 got destroyed this previous console war. nintendo still is great, dominating the portable industry which you seem to have skipped, owning any and every sony portable or gaming portable system since then. DS sales by now have surpassed even wii and ps2 sales worldwide! also you do know mario has made billions and billions far more then sf has right by now? That total is not comparable. At the time those fighters were popular worldwide, but now just about all of them are or at least sf, mk, injustice, mvc and tekken. probably ki one its hits later this year. In fact did you know mk9 and injustice have sold more then mvc3....tym announced it as well as ign, vgchartz etc kof nobody plays anymore, outside of the asian continent. Maybe some here and there but more or less it's a sf clone or tried to be at least.Flashy supers, similar gameplay, similar style.

There have been so many sf and mk knockoffs some of which you probably dont even know or heard of they were that bad...

Uhh there were plenty of times capcom didn't dominate the scene, and stop acting as if capcom can compare to nintendo's overall success. Again, gaming god giant that practically defined a lot of what gaming is today vs. a mere developer known for one fighting game...I'm glad you agree concering the overall assessment but just saying, why even bring that up? It's not even fair to compare capcom or midway or namco someone like that to nintendo, sony etc.

All of us here annoyed at capcoms greed is our views, we have a right to complain or approve as much as you do. I suggest taking off the capcom glasses for a second and respecting how others feel who can smell greed from a mile away. That's great that you're excited, good for you but that does't mean we all have to share the same opinions.