• 80 results
Edited 11 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Can you lift your own weight in Weights? (50 votes)

Yes 74%
No 26%

If not,What do you weigh and what can you lift?

If yes,What do you weigh and how much more can you lift then you weigh?

You dont have to give your weight if you dont want to.

#51 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Think of it as the calm before the storm young one!

#52 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7658 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure never tired

#53 Posted by RC245 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I could, but i wont say how much.

#54 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5092 posts) - - Show Bio

YUP.

#55 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

I weigh 105 lbs & can bench 180

#56 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

Weigh 260, right now I can do 5-7 reps on the bench press, max was 300lbs 2 reps when I was in shape. Wouldn't attempt now I'd probably have a stroke I'm so out of shape lol.

#57 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I weigh 196 and my bench press max is 315

#58 Posted by adamjh95 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

weigh 180 bench 250, deadlift 350 not sure about squats as havent been able to do them heavy in a long time

#59 Posted by mikethekiller (8371 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I can bench my weight.

#60 Edited by teddy_the_god_killer (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: No, you don't say that...try my line "well I came to realise that being able to lift so much weight was pretty pointless so I changed my training regime to fitness and endurance...instead of lifting a very heavy weight once I lift a slightly less heavy one a lot of times".

Trust me it makes you feel a bit better LOL

#61 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

@teddy_the_god_killer: I incorporate weights into my workout. But I love body weight routines. I'm an ectomorpth so to me speed and strength are important. Some dudes would smirk at me in the gym. I could probably run circles around them in a fight due to me being faster and nearly as strong. Running is actually the best...buut dammit I hate running

#62 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5344 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by teddy_the_god_killer (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: Running is a hideous curse, but a necessary one. I substituted with some skipping sessions (both heavy and speed). Three times as effective as jogging (notice the word 'jogging' not running). LOL

#64 Posted by i_like_swords (13831 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how many people tried to life their own weight to find out and in the process injured themselves.

Nice going, OP.

#65 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16613 posts) - - Show Bio

I can do a few classic hand-stands.. so I suppose yes.

#66 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17789 posts) - - Show Bio

lift 82kg?

the best i've been able to do is 60. and i don't think people could call that lifting since i managed to push it up an down like 3 times or so.

#67 Edited by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I weigh 100 lbs and can lift 65 lbs.

#68 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people should be able to.

#69 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see why people don't workout. It may save your life.

#70 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

I weigh 160. So, no. I cannot.

#71 Posted by Pr0metheus (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how many people tried to life their own weight to find out and in the process injured themselves.

Nice going, OP.

You act like that wasnt my plan all along.

Injured count : 12

Deathtoll : 2

#72 Edited by Marshall_Long (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

I can do push ups, but I never tried benching before never really saw no purpose in trying.

#73 Posted by Nefarious (19524 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#74 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7440 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice going, OP.

HAHA! This actually made me laugh. It also reminded me of when I was in training and as the smallest guy in the class they made me try and carry the biggest guy. Was my first time trying such a thing. He was about 6'5" and probably about 220 ungeared. Once he strapped up I barely got him on my shoulders, one step and I got f**king pancaked on the ground. Everyone was laughing their asses off, I might have been but I could damn breathe.

#75 Posted by i_like_swords (13831 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

Nice going, OP.

HAHA! This actually made me laugh. It also reminded me of when I was in training and as the smallest guy in the class they made me try and carry the biggest guy. Was my first time trying such a thing. He was about 6'5" and probably about 220 ungeared. Once he strapped up I barely got him on my shoulders, one step and I got f**king pancaked on the ground. Everyone was laughing their asses off, I might have been but I could damn breathe.

Ahaha, oh man.. that sucks. I've had similar situations in boxing training - we have to do a piggyback sprint exercise. I'm pretty tall for my age, but not as buff as my clothes let on, I was actually skinny at the time. So before I had developed any muscle like the other guys, I was getting 20 year olds thrown on my 14 year old back and I'd just lag behind everyone.

No harm done though, it's all character building. :p

#76 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7440 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nice going, OP.

Ahaha, oh man.. that sucks. I've had similar situations in boxing training - we have to do a piggyback sprint exercise. I'm pretty tall for my age, but not as buff as my clothes let on, I was actually skinny at the time. So before I had developed any muscle like the other guys, I was getting 20 year olds thrown on my 14 year old back and I'd just lag behind everyone.

Character building, hazing the new little guy, perspective I guess haha. But nah I wasn't butt hurt about it, between being the shortest guy and my jersey accent I knew I was going to stand out and get sh*t. Yeah, character building.

#77 Posted by i_like_swords (13831 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nice going, OP.

Character building, hazing the new little guy, perspective I guess haha. But nah I wasn't butt hurt about it, between being the shortest guy and my jersey accent I knew I was going to stand out and get sh*t. Yeah, character building.

I'm always kidding when I say something is character building. It is unfair, I agree.

#78 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

If you mean lift as in just lifting something or someone then yes. Lifted a guy who weigh a bit over three hundred pound and I definitely don't weigh that much lol. As for bench pressing I haven't done it in a while focusing more on endurance and cardio lately, but the last time I benched at peek I was benching 210lb. Keep in mine that was my max I could not do that consistently at all. I weighed like 180 at that point so at that point in time yes. I weigh under 210 right now but like I said I haven't done bench presses in a while. I curl 40lbs with each arm, does that count for something?

#79 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7440 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nice going, OP.

I'm always kidding when I say something is character building. It is unfair, I agree.

I guess it really could be considered hazing, but for us it's pretty standard in training school. We see and deal with a lot worse in combat than getting made fun of. Doesn't make it right, but it does toughen you mentally and emotionally for worse things.

Still f**kin sucks though haha.

#80 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

I do own weights that are in weights. And I lift them.

Weightception!!