• 80 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Can you lift your own weight in Weights? (50 votes)

Yes 74%
No 26%

If not,What do you weigh and what can you lift?

If yes,What do you weigh and how much more can you lift then you weigh?

You dont have to give your weight if you dont want to.

#1 Posted by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

would this qualify as off topic

#2 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

I can lift up to 70 and i weight 130

#3 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

would this qualify as off topic

Probably

Yes, I think I could. I haven't attempted to lift large weights in a long long while (max out or w/e), but just because I try to keep fit I think I could (I was just short of doing so back in PE in high-school when I was a deal heavier but arguably not as strong - so I should be able to now).

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

I can bench press 205 lbs and I weigh 160 lbs.

#5 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

175...nah I can't lift bro

#6 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm around one 135 and I'm debating whether or not I could just lift the bar itself, without weight.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (20513 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by lift my own weight? The weights on the floor and I lift?

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm around one 135 and I'm debating whether or not I could just lift the bar itself, without weight.

Wow, that's just sad. Lol.

#9 Edited by Pr0metheus (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Lets say you weighed 183 pounds. You would deadlift 183 pounds. A giant dumbell will be on the ground you must life it over your head for 2.5 seconds

#10 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom said:

True, but I got you in a foot race, lol.

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (20513 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: Then no I can't lol. I've never really deadlifted at the gym. I do squats, and chin ups with more weight than myself. I can chest press 100kgs, but I can only bench 65kgs. How weird is that?

#12 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

My weight is 220 lbs and I can bench 305 and squat about 425 lbs.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:
@doomdoomdoom said:

Hell no! I got speed like Usain Bolt along with all that strength!

#14 Edited by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: Wouldn't that be a clean & jerk? Isn't a deadlift just picking it off the ground & standing up? (By your description, I may have to change my answer, haha. I was thinking bench or deadlift).

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: Wouldn't that be a clean & jerk? Isn't a deadlift just picking it off the ground & standing up? (By your description, I may have to change my answer, haha. I was thinking bench or deadlift).

It is a clean a jerk. Unless he is going for a snatch.

#16 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it count if I can do it with my legs. OH wait I do that every day LOL. =)

#17 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom said:

@wolverine08 said:
@doomdoomdoom said:

Hell no! I got speed like Usain Bolt along with all that strength!

Haha, you have a 100m or 400m time?

#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. I weigh .01 pounds and can lift 654,341,542,435,356,764,658,876,867,967,578,657,536,345,325 pounds.

#19 Posted by Pr0metheus (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. I weigh .01 pounds and can lift 654,341,542,435,356,764,658,876,867,967,578,657,536,345,325 pounds.

Weak bro,I got that .0000001 and can lift 993,394,334,232,323,234,674,654,665,322,456,333,558,332,912,818,911,623,901,390,857 pounds.

#20 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8978 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if this counts, since I don't lift weights, but we train to carry each other in case a man goes down. You know: no one gets left behind, dead or alive. That whole deal. Anyway I weigh 170lbs at 5'9" and carried a 190lbs man in a fireman carry while he's geared up (another 20-30lbs). I wasn't running as fast as normal, but I have to be able to do it. Like I said I don't know if it counts in reference to the topic but that's "lifting" as far as I'm concerned. Or pull-ups, I lift myself over and over.

#21 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: In that case you are a fifth of my weight, meaning that I squash you like a bug.

#22 Edited by Pr0metheus (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: That would count :P,considering you were running you could probably lift substantially more.

#23 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8978 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus:

Well fireman's carry is more core strength than arm lifting, that's why I wasn't sure.

#24 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I weigh 146, I'm pretty confident I could bench around 140

#25 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I weigh in at 145 lbs (5'10" tall). My current standing overhead press is at 135 lbs (3 reps), bench press is at 225 lbs (6 reps), back squat is at 275 lbs (5 reps), and dead lift is at 245 lbs (3 reps). I'm not big by any means, but I can put in some really good work in the gym.

#26 Posted by Kevhunt (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I weigh 210 heaviest thing I've moved in recent memory is a half of a 510 lbs gluelam beam.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

Threads like this make me miss Innersuperman. Then I could ban him again.

#28 Posted by Kevhunt (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Is he the I'm stronger than everyone else guy?

#29 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I can bench the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight. And I weigh only 140 lbs, so yes.

#30 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

FOOLS! Specify your question. Is it, can you deadlift your own weigHt, can you bencH press your own weigHt, or can you clean and jerk your own weigHt?

EitHer way MetH can only bencH press His own weigHt. MetH Has very weak legs, decent calves tHougH.

-m3th.O.D.-

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevhunt: Yeah. He was funny when he tried to act tough. I remember he would like post fake numbers of what he could bench, deadlift, and squat that were like going into the 600-1000 range. He made an alternate account when he got banned that was talking about how cool and strong his main account was. He also liked to threaten people constantly, but if you chewed him out he wussed out like a mewling puppy. The best thing he did was in one thread is he made this post about how he was a virgin but could lift 5x as much as anyone on this site. @laflux I believe has it if he would be so kind to present it.

The guy was the definition of a keyboard warrior.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (45683 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Kevhunt (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Give him to me on construction demolition for about two weeks.

#34 Edited by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio
@kevhunt said:

I weigh 210 heaviest thing I've moved in recent memory is a half of a 510 lbs gluelam beam.

This post deserves respect. It's one thing to be able to lift dumbbells and barbells in a gym. It's another beast entirely to apply that strength to the real world.

#35 Posted by Kevhunt (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak: Construction repair is full of all sorts of awkward lifting, lowering, dropping, and pushing.

#36 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course.

#37 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess we have a lot of gym Rats on the vine.

( +)

#38 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6106 posts) - - Show Bio

I can lift a bit more. I weigh 135 my max currently as far as bench is 145

#39 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic on a comic website. So awesome.

#40 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Ryagan (2089 posts) - - Show Bio

I can max my weight, but as for repping... I'm still working on that. I'm close, though. I should be there in a few weeks.

#42 Posted by teddy_the_god_killer (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Bench 310 (150kg) single rep

Squat 400 (190kg) single rep

Deadlift 445 (210kg) single rep

Weigh 165 (75kg)

Took years of hard, careful and intelligent training. Wish I learnt to clean, snatch etc properly. My strength is ok, but more power would be awesome...MORE POWER!!!

#43 Posted by Ryagan (2089 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

This topic on a comic website. So awesome.

Ha! I'm sure there are a surprising few here who lift regularly. I'm one of them.

#44 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't lift weights but I work for a roofing company so when i'm out of the office and in the yard I have to move rolls of lead (which is damn heavy for those of you who have never tried to move em). I weigh 75kg and am capable of lifting the 80kg rolls with great great difficulty so yes I can lift my own body weight. Never tried to bench press it though (never been to the gym in my life either and don't plan to anytime soon) i'm guessing thats probably easier than only only being able to lift said rolls with about 3-4 fingers on each hand lol! However anything thats Code 6 I can't lift at all. Did my back in attempting to move one of those rolls.

#45 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevhunt: Yeah. He was funny when he tried to act tough. I remember he would like post fake numbers of what he could bench, deadlift, and squat that were like going into the 600-1000 range. He made an alternate account when he got banned that was talking about how cool and strong his main account was. He also liked to threaten people constantly, but if you chewed him out he wussed out like a mewling puppy. The best thing he did was in one thread is he made this post about how he was a virgin but could lift 5x as much as anyone on this site. @laflux I believe has it if he would be so kind to present it.

You know there is some hypocrisy in this post IMHO, but I'm just going go ahead and post that image, as it is pretty funny.

#46 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

You only deny his power because you won't fight him in Chicago(he can't leave it's borders for it holds his strength).
But seriously I love how he literally said that all the viner vs viner threads were stupid because they weren't about him. Classic stuff.

#47 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Wait, wait I didn't think it was possible to make alt accounts? I say we make a clone army of each other and take over this site! Attack of The Clones style!!!!

#48 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Wait, wait I didn't think it was possible to make alt accounts? I say we make a clone army of each other and take over this site! Attack of The Clones style!!!!

The dreaded post count will keep you from your glory.

#49 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: You think something as trivial as that can stop me!?

#50 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Given it will keep you from posting more than 5 times a day. Yes.