#1 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio

(Forgive me if this is the wrong place)

I'm patient when I want to be, and I was the first time it happened. But I'm getting really sick and tired of people replying to me through messages, not understanding what a notification message actually is. IT IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. It's telling you that somebody replied to you in a thread. It should not be replied to and it's not for discussion. Go to the freakin' thread that is linked in the freakin' message.

Yeah... so anyway, can it be made more clear for new guys?

#2 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I love personal messages!

#3 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4761 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: Me, too.
#4 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch

I like then when they're meant as PMs. I do not like to see messages that I made in the forums replied to in a PM, and the people not understanding what I'm talking about. Plus, we can't flag PMs.
#5 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: haha why would you flag them? Unless they're sending offensive things to you.
#6 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@texasdeathmatch:   I like then when they're meant as PMs. I do not like to see messages that I made in the forums replied to in a PM, and the people not understanding what I'm talking about. Plus, we can't flag PMs.
Just add a Mod to the PM and drop yourself if they did anything that you think should be flagged.
#7 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
@JediXMan: haha why would you flag them? Unless they're sending offensive things to you.
Yes, well, I seem to attract irritating individuals who mostly turn out to be trolls.
#8 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
@JediXMan said:
@texasdeathmatch:   I like then when they're meant as PMs. I do not like to see messages that I made in the forums replied to in a PM, and the people not understanding what I'm talking about. Plus, we can't flag PMs.
Just add a Mod to the PM and drop yourself if they did anything that you think should be flagged.
And I usually do. But why can't people understand that it's meant as a notification message?
#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I do that sometimes. But only to people I know well ^_^

#10 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: oh wow, yeah I've only gotten one obnoxious PM recently and he basically said he was going contact staff members and have me banned. Looks like it worked real well for him :P
#11 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: oh well thats simple....People are stupid.
#12 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
@JediXMan: oh wow, yeah I've only gotten one obnoxious PM recently and he basically said he was going contact staff members and have me banned. Looks like it worked real well for him :P
I may have gotten one of those. Never been banned, so I must be doing something right.

But I get people who want to have full discussions. And I really don't want to do that in PM with people I don't know. I do and have had lengthy discussions in PM with people I did know, however.
#13 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm too lazy.
#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
Pretty much this.
#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58145 posts) - - Show Bio

I did this once in the past. A long time ago. Haven't done it since it...well there are few incidents but they are off-topic stuff.  

BB

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this is a huge pet peeve of mine. 

You can't flag troll PMs, but you can forward them to a mod! :)

#17 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok got it. 
:P

#18 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so serious?

#19 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Internet, serious business!

#20 Posted by JediXMan (30906 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:
Why so serious?
You don't know me so well, it would appear.
#21 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
@Aiden Cross said:
Pretty much this.
#22 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: ohhhhhh, I see, in that case we will get along just fine.