#1 Edited by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Christopher Columbus find something that people already knew existed?

Why do people think the emancipation proclamation was moral driven instead of political?

#2 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

History has been written by fools like Santorum. Vikings and other people which were descendants of the old Norse nation(s) discovered North America hundreds of years before Columbus was revealed to be a terrible navigator. He's an idiot and wrong. Go figure.  

What?

#3 Posted by blur1528 (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the distinct yet somehow related questions.

#4 Posted by Deadcool (6755 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty easy, he didn't...

He also died without being aware of the fact that he has "discovered" a new continent.

#5 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

I find this whole argument over "whose discovered America first" to be stupid, cause you can't really "discover" a land that is already inhabited.  

You're welcome. 

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody knows Amerigo Vespucci discovered America... Nyahahahaha!

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

I find this whole argument over "whose discovered America first" to be stupid, cause you can't really "discover" a land that is already inhabited. You're welcome.

You can't understand it cause you're a ninja (tries to lie low and denounce self achievements) -a complete opposite of a politician (tries to brag every achievement as his own).... Nyehehehehe! You can "discover" something if you are a stronger faction than the earlier "discoverers".

#8 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@cyberninja said:

I find this whole argument over "whose discovered America first" to be stupid, cause you can't really "discover" a land that is already inhabited. You're welcome.

You can't understand it cause you're a ninja (tries to lie low and denounce self achievements) -a complete opposite of a politician (tries to brag every achievement as his own).... Nyehehehehe! You can "discover" something if you are a stronger faction than the earlier "discoverers".

I'm going to copyright "Nyehehehehe" one of these days. 
#9 Posted by nickthedevil (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

Because people believe everything that is told to them.

#10 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

History has been written by fools like Santorum. Vikings and other people which were descendants of the old Norse nation(s) discovered North America hundreds of years before Columbus was revealed to be a terrible navigator. He's an idiot and wrong. Go figure. What?

There is a bit of a difference between finding Cuba and Newfoundland lol.

However I agree.

#11 Posted by Enemybird (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

Why do people think the emancipation proclamation was moral driven instead of political?

Discover- Find (something or someone) unexpectedly or in the course of a search. Sounds like Columbus made a discovery to me...

Don't really think anybody cares at this point...Don't think slaves gave a damn either. I guess to answer your question, it makes Lincoln look better.

#12 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10262 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

My dude, what we learn in school, and TV, is from a Eurocentric perspective. Not bashing anyone here but we all been (mis)educated.

#13 Posted by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

I discovered America... right now.

Staff
#14 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@utotheg38 said:

My dude, what we learn in school, and TV, is from a Eurocentric perspective. Not bashing anyone here but we all been (mis)educated.

#15 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@utotheg38 said:

Can be interpreted in many ways - but yeah -- silly history. It's funny. I suspect the way Americans are taught about his "discovery" might be a tad different than other countries.

Why do you think the emancipation proclamation was politically driven and not moral? Was it not the moral push at the time that dictated the politics? Just curious.

lol, I believe it was more of a tactical decision than a moral one.

#16 Posted by Nordok (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

History is defined by those that yell the loudest.

#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

thanks for posting bro!!!!!

XD

#19 Posted by HolySerpent (12825 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I do what I can

#20 Posted by deadpool25mm (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats America? does it have to do with Captain America? XD

#21 Posted by HolySerpent (12825 posts) - - Show Bio

^ ...... -_- lame

#22 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio