#1 Edited by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

As a longtime Call of Duty fan (not so much the recent titles though, mainly the old Call of Duties) I feel as though there should be a movie based on one, if not all the Call of Duty campaigns. Please let me know your opinion and if you agree - which CoD should get it's own movie?

#2 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

or instead of playing a simulator why not just go enlist in the real military?

#3 Edited by JediXMan (31033 posts) - - Show Bio

So... Saving Private Ryan?

#4 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

more like every war movie thats been out since 2003.

i cant stand cod fans simply because they would prefer to play a fake hero in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually enlisting into the real mans military.

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

A COD movie will probably be crappy and rushed into development for a single year before being released.

#6 Edited by gor724 (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do we need a COD movie? Is Saving Private Ryan or Platoon not satisfying enough for you?

#7 Posted by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm....

NO.

#8 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

i cant stand cod fans simply because they would prefer to play a fake hero in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually enlisting into the real mans military.

I once knew a kid who said he'd be a great soldier because he was unbeatable at Call Of Duty, I introduced him to my brothers,both army dudes, he now says He'd be a great Halo Warrior, I'm lost on how to help past this point

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (15699 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: damn it! I was gonna say saving private Ryan

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Relax,man. No need to hate people you don't know because they enjoy a genre of video games...

#11 Edited by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: The hell do you have against me??? I was just simply asking if you agree whether or not there should be a call of duty movie. No one said anything about wanting to be a soldier.

@peppeyhare said:

@tazzmission: Relax,man. No need to hate people you don't know because they enjoy a genre of video games...

I know right?

#12 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

Medal of Honor released a music video featuring Linkin Park back at their modern shooter. Having played both, and being an active duty service member, MoH is "more realistic" as far as realism in games goes (it isn't). They made it look pretty good too. Do we need more war movies though? Not in my opinion.

#13 Posted by Nefarious (21431 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a terrible idea.

#14 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

What @tazzmission said, people need to man up and join the actual military. Btw, the movie would fail so bad.

#15 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

How does this not apply to other FPS games or better yet every game in history.

"I can't stand Mortal Kombat fans simply because they would prefer to play as a fake fighter in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually enlisting in a fighting tournament and fight to the death."

"I can't stand Need for Speed fans simply because they would prefer to play as a fake street racer in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually racing in the Los Angeles underground."

"I can't stand Super Mario fans simply because they would prefer to play as an Italian plumber who journeys through magical lands in hopes of rescuing princesses from a giant fire breathing turtle instead of growing a set and taking some shrooms and blacking out."

#16 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@jedixman said:

"I can't stand Mortal Kombat fans simply because they would prefer to play as a fake fighter in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually enlisting in a fighting tournament and fight to the death."

"I can't stand Need for Speed fans simply because they would prefer to play as a fake street racer in a virtual world instead of growing a set and actually racing in the Los Angeles underground."

"I can't stand Super Mario fans simply because they would prefer to play as an Italian plumber who journeys through magical lands in hopes of rescuing princesses from a giant fire breathing turtle instead of growing a set and taking some shrooms and blacking out."

first things first. ive done martial arts and its alot more challenging than sitting on a couch playing a fictional charachter.

as for need for speed youd be suprised alot of people do in fact street race. i know a spot in my city i dont do it myself because its just not me and i get zero kick from it.

as for mario........ really? your really going to argue mario of all titles?

#17 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

What @tazzmission said, people need to man up and join the actual military. Btw, the movie would fail so bad.

exactly. people think im hating and im not wich makes me question the ages of the people saying such.

agreed again on the cod movie failing simply because of me not be a hater but all its going to be is another army film just with cod in the title. how will it differ from any other war movie?

thats the thing a lot of people dont understand

it just amazes me how the cod fanboys simply get there panties in a bunch for what i said and believe me i say the same thing to the idiots who run fox news and make blood money of merchadising from the military like a bill or reilly or sean hannity. you hear all this crap in the media like buy this or that and your a real american. heres a thought mr orielly let your balls drop man up and enlist. the crap he pushes is pure blood money and he sits there in a studio preaching about who is or isnt a true patriot. so i just hope the cod nuts understand that i wasnt singling just them out

#18 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1839 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: dude people play cod for entertainment. Just because they play a game based on warfare, doesn't mean they secretly want to or have a deep yearning of actually fighting in a war. It's pure entertainment brah. If everyone thought like that for every video game or even just this particular franchise, the world would be a different place. Take it easy and it seems that you're also trying to get other points across that have nothing to do with this thread. It was a simple question from the op.

Anyways, I don't really think a COD movie would do too well. It'd probably get like 30 million from its 100 million dollar budget.

#19 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: dude people play cod for entertainment. Just because they play a game based on warfare, doesn't mean they secretly want to or have a deep yearning of actually fighting in a war. It's pure entertainment brah. If everyone thought like that for every video game or even just this particular franchise, the world would be a different place. Take it easy and it seems that you're also trying to get other points across that have nothing to do with this thread. It was a simple question from the op.

im just saying with how op and others acted to me it sounded like they really believe i was just targeting them. i was simply explaining that isnt the case.

#20 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4309 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: That's probly exactly why people DON'T do it- its hard, and there is a *minor* (note le sarcasm) chance of death in the military. I think it'd be cool to be a soldier, but I don't want people to ACTUALLY SHOOT bullets at me in an attempt- and knowing me a probable success- for murder.

I am not a COD fanboy, but I understand why people prefer a non-lethal simulation over a lethal real thing.

#21 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: That's probly exactly why people DON'T do it- its hard, and there is a *minor* (note le sarcasm) chance of death in the military. I think it'd be cool to be a soldier, but I don't want people to ACTUALLY SHOOT bullets at me in an attempt- and knowing me a probable success- for murder.

I am not a COD fanboy, but I understand why people prefer a non-lethal simulation over a lethal real thing.

i considered it but i am relieved i never joined.

#22 Edited by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@jedixman said:

first things first. ive done martial arts and its alot more challenging than sitting on a couch playing a fictional charachter.

as for need for speed youd be suprised alot of people do in fact street race. i know a spot in my city i dont do it myself because its just not me and i get zero kick from it.

First things first, good for you. Not entirely sure what that has to do with anything but coolio. I was a yellow belt in 6th grade. We deserve medals.

My point was video games are forms of entertainment to distance ourselves from reality. Most people who play COD/BF don't play it to fulfill some army soldier fantasy. I play it when i'm bored because it's fun and I get a kick out of all the different maps and vehicles etc.

The Mario bit was a joke.... still relevant though.

#23 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHA

#24 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@jedixman said:

First things first, good for you. Not entirely sure what that has to do with anything but coolio. I was a yellow belt in 6th grade. We deserve medals.

almost made black in tkd. almost got my next belt in kenpo back in march but one thing led to another and i quit.............

i know games are entertainment but cmon can you honestly sit there and say cod isnt over rated let alone would work as a film?

#25 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@jedixman said:

almost made black in tkd. almost got my next belt in kenpo back in march but one thing led to another and i quit.............

i know games are entertainment but cmon can you honestly sit there and say cod isnt over rated let alone would work as a film?

No, no I do not think any of those things. I do in fact think Call of Duty is overrated and hell no, a COD movie would be horrible just like most game to big screen movies are. I can't even imagine what the movie would be about seeing as the story modes for these games are short and boring. Imagine a movie? Meh.

#26 Posted by RageTH22 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

The CoD storylines are thin enough. Make it into a movie, and half of it alone will just be gunfire, explosions, and one dude being Rambo while covered in Plot Armor. Unless he's supposed to die, and then it'll be a sniper with a Barrett, or a Tank shoots him in the face with it's main gun.

I agree with one of the prior posters. Having served myself also, the newer Medal of Honor is a little more realistic. At least there's proper swearing. I know someone who is retired special forces. If I can ever get an Xbox of my own, and sneak it to him and play some games when his wife isn't around, he could give a little better opinion about the Tier 1 Operators thing in that game.

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Michael Bay could pull it off 1 hour of explosions, 15 min of story and 10 min of credits. The COD fans would pay out the a$$ to watch a COD movie like they pay for the game.

#28 Posted by Deadite (24585 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by Bruxae (14006 posts) - - Show Bio

There is hundreds of war movie, this would just be the same thing with differently named people.

#30 Posted by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluff_ said:

@tazzmission said:

@jedixman said:

#31 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Call of Duty Games were Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Enemy at the Gates, and The Pacific.

COD MW games would be Black Hawk Down and Into t-3 Sun.

Black Ops 1 would be some Clancy or Ludlum kinda thing.

So yeah, they've been pretty much made already. Except maybe Black Ops 2. Or Ghosts. Haven't played that yet.

#32 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

I think Michael Bay could pull it off 1 hour of explosions, 15 min of story and 10 min of credits. The COD fans would pay out the a$$ to watch a COD movie like they pay for the game.

now i cant take you seriously. michael bay? id rather be water boarded at gitmo than see that man direct any future film

#33 Edited by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Old Call of Duty Games were Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Enemy at the Gates, and The Pacific.

COD MW games would be Black Hawk Down and Into t-3 Sun.

Black Ops 1 would be some Clancy or Ludlum kinda thing.

So yeah, they've been pretty much made already. Except maybe Black Ops 2. Or Ghosts. Haven't played that yet.

MW2 was definitely The Rock(1996). I remember earlier this year I re-watched it after so many years, and I was like "Is this MW2 The movie??" The underwater scene with the SEALs infiltrating the prison(oil rig in MW2), the shower room scene and the sewers, the green flare scene at the end, the plot involving a disillusioned general (Hummel=Shepherd) who feels betrayed by the gov., a retired british SAS inmate(Mason=Price),etc…. I'd say that's the closest movie to MW2, and there's also Red Dawn(1984).

#34 Posted by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

BUUUUUUUMP

#35 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and that's really saying something as I'm on the internet a lot. What exactly are you suggesting? Make a random generic war movie like the kind that have been made over, and over, and over again but this time stick the name Call of Duty on to it? There's nothing in CoD worth adapting. Very few even play the game for the story, they just buy the same d*** game over and over again to get a few new guns in the multi-player. You mind as well adapt Zombies mode, it actually has a more interesting story!

#36 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading back through my comment that probably came off as being a bit too unnecessarily aggressive.

#37 Edited by ImmortalOne (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point? Of war films, one based on Call of Duty would be as generic as it gets.

#38 Posted by Airmansmith21 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

i play COD i am in the united states military what does that make me???

#40 Edited by Rouflex (19275 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6508 posts) - - Show Bio

How about we give a movie to a game that actually has a meaningful story or developed, interesting characters: Like Mass Effect, Prototype, Halo (Perhaps more in the later games than in the original) or God of War? Would that be the end of the world?

#42 Edited by dngn4774 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#43 Posted by modernww2fare (1334 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by dngn4774 (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

Why?

Why not?

Because Hollywood's been spamming war films for years and tagging COD on the next one still won't make it better than the classics.