Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SwordandShields

I think call of duty has not only lost its touch but just don't care anymore. We'll see with black Ops 2 if it's worth it or not.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Call of Duty had a really good formula from Modern Warfare, and each new game they come out has some small improvements and is equally addictive as the last, but barely adds anything to the table, and has obvious faults that show how they were kind of lazy on developing the video games. Modern Warfare 3 was fun, sure, but it isn't anything groundbreaking, and is pretty much the same thing as Modern Warfare 2.

Now games like Crysis, Halo, and Battlefield really take great leaps each game they release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noob-tubing/RPGs ftw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Noob-tubing/RPGs ftw.

I remember the "knife the the foot" instant kill thing.

That was hilarious. As well as the really camp-able maps they had.

Not to mention the horrible graphics seen in the Black Ops 2 trailer.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MonsterStomp

Yeah I was really into it at first. Then I realised that the only thing that really changed was the setting and a few perks. Now I look back at Halo, Battlefield, and Gears of War, just to see what I've missed. More of an action/adventurer and stealth genre guy now, but I'll still play shooters when given the chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MonsterStomp: Are you excited for Halo 4 or what? It's going to be so awesome.

It's going to blow Black Ops 2 right out of the water.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsterStomp

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Damn straight! BO2 has been in development for a year now? Halo 4 has been in the making for atleast 2-3 years, and 343 has something Treyarch/InfinityWard never will. The Master freaking Chief!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MonsterStomp said:

Damn straight! BO2 has been in development for a year now? Halo 4 has been in the making for atleast 2-3 years, and 343 has something Treyarch/InfinityWard never will. The Master freaking Chief!

I feel that Call of Duty rush their games a bit too much, and milked the franchise so much. They release a video game every year. That's... a little too much.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsterStomp

@MonsterStomp said:

I feel that Call of Duty rush their games a bit too much, and milked the franchise so much. They release a video game every year. That's... a little too much.

Yeah, well the same thing happend with the Assassin's Creed franchise but at least they've actually been making AC3 under the radar for 3 and a half years and now its the most anticipated game of 2012. It just goes to show that a little time and effort in gameplay, story and graphics would increase their income by a large sum.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

Call of Duty is the Madden of shooters....they rarely do anything new with the games besides some minor tweaks and improve the graphics and they release a new game every year....but with that being said...they are kind of fun to just pass some time with....I personally love me some zombie mode

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MonsterStomp

@danhimself: I think the only game I like from the CoD series is Black Ops. I really liked the story and content.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I love CoD still. Modern Warfare 3 had an enjoyable (if slightly mindless) campaign but the multiplayer was nowhere near as good as Black Ops (which for me had a less enjoyable campaign)

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal19

Im not wasting my money on another COD game. MW3 was a waste of money it didnt upgrade really anything, it felt like a MW2 add-on

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By CptPanda29

I've got CoD4 and MW2, I'm not a big shooter guy but MW2 was the most fun I had with one.

Apart from Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. Can't wait for the next Rainbow game.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsterStomp

@CptPanda29 said:

I've got CoD4 and MW2, I'm not a big shooter guy but MW2 was the most fun I had with one.

Apart from Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. Can't wait for the next Rainbow game.

Indeed. Rainbow Patriots? IIRC.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Hmm.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

I stopped at MW2... I do miss their WW2 games, though. United Offensive (expansion to the first one) really gave me the war feel and I am yet to see a game with that experience.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Battlefront will always be my favorite muti-player shooting game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jobiwankenobi said:

Battlefront will always be my favorite muti-player shooting game.

It is superb. It has the perfect blend of everything that makes a modern FPS good.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@danhimself said:

Call of Duty is the Madden of shooters....they rarely do anything new with the games besides some minor tweaks and improve the graphics and they release a new game every year....but with that being said...they are kind of fun to just pass some time with....I personally love me some zombie mode

Pretty much sums up how I feel about the franchise.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By No_Trolling

@danhimself said:

You said it the best.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@Eternal19 said:

Im not wasting my money on another COD game. MW3 was a waste of money it didnt upgrade really anything, it felt like a MW2 add-on

Couldn't have said it better myself!

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I hate it when people say "COD is a ripoff and nothing new or different is ever added in the sequel .."

It's a FPS franchise that has new maps, guns, perks, and story modes in each game. I mean... what fps is different? I would like to know where all these sexy games are because I don't see where. Battlefield 3, Halo 3, Medal of Honor... they were all the same! B*TCH PLEASE.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By No_Trolling

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I hate it when people say "COD is a ripoff and nothing new or different is ever added in the sequel .."

It's a FPS franchise that has new maps, guns, perks, and story modes in each game. I mean... what fps is different? I would like to know where all these sexy games are because I don't see where. Battlefield 3, Halo 3, Medal of Honor... they were all the same! B*TCH PLEASE.

Lol he said that. No bud they weren't. Cod is cut and paste.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm not talking about the OP, i'm talking about people in general.

COD is just as much of a cut a and past as the rest of them. I would love to know the main reasons why they aren't. If anything COD had more to offer than BF3, Halo 3 and MOH. The only thing you can say is the graphics... that's it.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By No_Trolling

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

COD is just as much of a cut a and past as the rest of them. I would love to know the main reasons why they aren't. If anything COD had more to offer than BF3, Halo 3 and MOH. The only thing you can say is the graphics... that's it.

Not really Halo does major changes each game if you look at halo 1 to halo 2 and halo 2 especially to halo 3 halo 3 to Reach is are all very different. I really don't want to sit here and pick out every little difference so i'll move on to Battlefield. Battlefield is a much better game than COD will ever be. Dice puts a hell of a lot into their games and it's much more richer. Also forgot to mention teamwork is actually involved. Now i've only played Battlefield 1942 and BF3 so i can't comment but obviously those games are vastly different.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ImmortalOne

I tried to say that on a YouTube comment, and how I liked Ghost Recon: Future Soldier better, but I was attacked by a bunch of fanboys.

One guy actually told me that I would never get a good job or get married, and I was forever alone, sitting on the couch all day playing Ghost Recon. Just because I liked Ghost Recon: Future Soldier better.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I want MAG 2...

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Not really Halo does major changes each game if you look at halo 1 to halo 2 and halo 2 especially to halo 3 halo 3 to Reach is are all very different. I really don't want to sit here and pick out every little difference so i'll move on to Battlefield. Battlefield is a much better game than COD will ever be. Dice puts a hell of a lot into their games and it's much more richer. Also forgot to mention teamwork is actually involved. Now i've only played Battlefield 1942 and BF3 so i can't comment but obviously those games are vastly different.

I'm sorry but you haven't given any valid examples of how Dice has made their games better and different from their previous installments. I'm not asking you which game is better, they are both very different and I can't compare the two in terms of enjoyment, but that doesn't shy away from the fact that that most of these FPS franchises are all the same in terms of creativity, COD just gets crap because it's easy to play and has a bigger fan base.

@ImmortalOne:

Ghost Recon is one of the very few FPS franchises that actually takes skill and dedication.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By YoungJustice

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@No_Trolling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Halo doesnt really make any changes. Besides some story elements and gameplay mechanics.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By No_Trolling

@YoungJustice: Gameplay mechanics aren't change? With that logic no game changes. Call of Duty since Cod 4 has never changed their gameplay mechanics except with the addition or removal of dolphin diving and dropshotting. I do have more fun with treyarch's games though.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheSheepHerder

Almost every single modern military shooter released nowadays is the same in terms of mechanics and storyline.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By YoungJustice

@No_Trolling said:

@YoungJustice: Gameplay mechanics aren't change? With that logic no game changes. Call of Duty since Cod 4 has never changed their gameplay mechanics except with the addition or removal of dolphin diving and dropshotting. I do have more fun with treyarch's games though.

What...in the hell.....are you talking about.

LOL.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By No_Trolling

@YoungJustice said:

LOL.

I'm talking about the post in which you contradicted yourself

@YoungJustice said:

Halo doesnt really make any changes. Besides some story elements and gameplay mechanics.

@TheSheepHerder said:

Almost every single modern military shooter released nowadays is the same in terms of mechanics and storyline.

Most make more changes throughout the years than the COD franchise.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YoungJustice

@No_Trolling said:

@YoungJustice said:

LOL.

I'm talking about the post in which you contradicted yourself

@YoungJustice said:

@TheSheepHerder said:

Most make more changes throughout the years than the COD franchise.

Yes which isnt that big of a deal. COD has made a number of gameplay mechanic changes pver the years to make things much smoother.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@TheSheepHerder said:

Thank you :)

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By No_Trolling

@YoungJustice: Give me some examples please.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YoungJustice

@No_Trolling said:

No.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By InfamousFish

I skipped MW3, so I guess I did the right thing, but Blops 2 looks interesting. I might get it, but until October 2 it will be Battlefield, then when October 2 comes I will be playing NBA 2k13 till Halo and Blops 2 :)

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By No_Trolling

@YoungJustice said:

@No_Trolling said:

No.

Lol point proven.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By YoungJustice

@No_Trolling said:

@YoungJustice said:

@No_Trolling said:

No.

Lol point proven.

Not gonna un-necessarily research and provide links for someone who will put them aside.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheSheepHerder

@JediXMan said:

I want MAG 2...

Sony shuttered Zipper Interactive earlier this year so a sequel to MAG is not very likely. : / The original looked pretty awesome though and the fact that it could support 256 players in one match is insane. O.O

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Call of Duty hasn't felt fun since World at War. I only bought Black Ops for the zombie mode and loved the story mode more. My best friend bought me Modern Warfare 3 and I played it maybe four times. Just thinking about the next game makes me want to stab my Xbox.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By No_Trolling

@YoungJustice said:

@No_Trolling said:

@YoungJustice said:

@No_Trolling said:

No.

Lol point proven.

Not gonna un-necessarily research and provide links for someone who will put them aside.

If i'm wrong i will admit i'm wrong. You just don't want to debate because your unsure if COD has made as many changes as other fps's

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@TheSheepHerder said:

@JediXMan said:

I want MAG 2...

Sony shuttered Zipper Interactive earlier this year so a sequel to MAG is not very likely. : / The original looked pretty awesome though and the fact that it could support 256 players in one match is insane. O.O

I know. I just want somebody to pick up where Zipper left off.

MAG is probably the best shooter I ever played. You actually feel like you're doing something. They all feel like actual military missions. Also, it requires teamwork; a lone soldier doing things on his own won't do anything to help win the battle. It requires that everyone play their role and help one another.

It was just... great. I still play it; there just aren't as many players anymore.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Black

The COD series was dead after Modern Warfare. I think they became worse with each iteration.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nick_hero22

Battlefield 2142 takes COD to the wood shed, it's one of the most engaging and outright addictive game I have ever played. Instead of the whole lone wolf mentality that most FPS have, Battlefield 2142 puts high emphasis on teamwork and tactical maneuvering throughout a map that is much larger than what most FPS have in their multiplayer content.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chronus

The series was never much fun to me from the very beginning. Recent additions have some great ideas for the multiplayer but that's pretty much it.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nick_hero22

@JediXMan said:

@TheSheepHerder said:

@JediXMan said:

I want MAG 2...

I know. I just want somebody to pick up where Zipper left off.

MAG is probably the best shooter I ever played. You actually feel like you're doing something. They all feel like actual military missions. Also, it requires teamwork; a lone soldier doing things on his own won't do anything to help win the battle. It requires that everyone play their role and help one another.

It was just... great. I still play it; there just aren't as many players anymore.

Battlefield 2142 is much more teamwork-oriented, I have played both games, but Battlefield 2142 takes the cake in terms of a tactical game that places high emphasis on teamwork and the battlefield as a whole.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tensor

MW3 is the worst call of duty series. Reason hackers an more hackers cannot even kick hackers its hacker city ,and no dedicated server that is crap.Black ops 2 looking forward to that game.Now I know when i spend 60 bucks i know if a hacker comes on the server it will be money well spent seeing they kicking his/her noob ass