• 120 results
#1 Posted by johnmarson88 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

let start discussion about California gay marriage.

"California Voters Approve Gay-Marriage Ban" what you say about this news

#2 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Big deal, first amendments protect their rights to discriminate

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Not really, the first amendment protects free speech and expression and guarantees freedom of religion and implies separation between church and state. It does not cover discrimination

#4 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I thought its okay over there to have free speech so long as it is not obscene, things like indecency should cover hate speech

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Indecency laws only cover public nudity and public sex acts so technically so long as gay people are keeping their sex in doors indecency laws have no bearing

#6 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Not talking about the LGBT crowd here, just those who are against them.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: They can say anything they want under the first amendment but that doesn't give them the power to discriminate. The gay marriage thing is an issue completely unrelated to the first amendment.

#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Freedom of expression of people to stop it vs freedom to make it happen, Its fun to see them fight for their rights. Marriage is a right that they have to earn, it will not be given out of pity. They have to work hard and battle for it, maybe shed blood. But the end justify the means.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: How do I make this clear, marriage laws are a totally separate thing from the first amendment. That is a federal statute where as marriage laws are on a state by state basis which is why gay marriage is legal in some states while not in others. Freedom of expression only allows you to express your opinion on this matter, not to enact policy, that is a totally different amendment.

#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: True, but the drama overseas is too fun to watch.

#11 Edited by Sideslash (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

People are stupid.

#12 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Sideslash (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@sideslash: Hence why the world is entertaining

Agreed. Still...

#14 Edited by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... I thought Cali was more liberal than that... but I guess not.

#15 Edited by laflux (11123 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

People are stupid.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (20868 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this surprises me.

#17 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

People in Cali are probably smoking too much weed to care.

#18 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Link?

#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: legalizing weed > equality

word up

Blah I don't like marijuana that much. Call me weird. I don't like the smell and how it sticks to everything. I more of an mdma user. I rather ask for Molly than some herbs :/

#21 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I think we can agree drugs>social issues lol.

#23 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

but if they leave gay people be, what would they use every year to get elected?

#25 Edited by Teerack (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people care who f**ks who?

Before Christianity/Judaism/Islam were invented every empire the world had seen had a lot of homosexuality(Rome, Greece, Troy, even as far back as Mesopotamia) it's just silly trying to act like it matters.

#26 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

god damnit

why are people so damn stupid its 2013

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Before Christianity/Judaism/Islam were invented every empire the world had seen had a lot of homosexuality(Rome, Greece, Troy, even as far back as Mesopotamia) it's just silly trying to act like it matters.

You say that like logic applies to stupid people.

#28 Edited by Teerack (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I wish I could still be young in 50 years when the percentage of religious/racist people is so low their stupid point of views wont matter.(cause most of them are like 40+ years old)

#29 Edited by Pyrogram (32272 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Fact.

#30 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@innersuperman: Its hilarious

@teerack said:

The thing is that most of them don't advocate same sex on the same age, you see plenty of priests/imams/rabbis doing little boys and touching them innapropriately. Abraham be on that little boy booty, even badass spartans and samurais are ____ing each other in the ___hole while sucking ____. T'was natural back then, and animals do it too such as a the Bonobo monkey who does little one as well.

#31 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignorant people are going to be ignorant.It is really a waist of my time for me to go on a rant about how dumb people are so I will just stop right here....

#32 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Its ironic that gay people bring them together, what would they do without gays to hate?

#33 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (246 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21340 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: They would find something else to hate,people like that make me sick.

#35 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Well the can always band together to hate muslims or mexican immigrants

#36 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Never hold up in court.

#37 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Good.

There's no such thing as "hate speech."

#38 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this true? Any links to any articles confirming this?

A similar thing is happening in the UK well basically most of the conservatives don't want equal marriage but I doubt things will change now,especially since most labor and liberal members support it.

That sums things up well.

#39 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

I googled this, but i can't find any articles about this, nor has the OP provided any. So i don't hold much stock in this.

#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

Good.

What is good?

And that is debatable,and in fact incorrect.

#41 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: from what i can see (on my phone) it's an article from 2008 though :)

#43 Edited by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: Medical weed, but gay people can't get married? Did the stoners forget to vote? And Mollz= :D

#44 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: Well, thats good then. I cant find the article's date on my phone...Weird. I will, too, take this thread with the tiniest grain of salt.

#45 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe said:

Good.

What is good?

No on sodomite marriage.

It is a fact, there's no "hate speech."

#46 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

SWAG

#47 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

Good.

What is good?

No on sodomite marriage.

It is a fact, there's no "hate speech."

So you don't approve of equal marriage then?

Id say there is when someone talks against and discriminates against a certain type of person and is advocating that people be the same that is hate speech.

#48 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Every hippie and free minded person in Cali was too busy smoking up their house and forgot to vote :D My cousin who lives in Cali was going to vote, but she forgot because she was literally too high to operate her vehicle...

#49 Posted by nick_hero22 (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

So people have the right to impose their values and beliefs on other people who don't adhere to those beliefs, America really sickens me sometimes.

#50 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a little disheartening. I always thought of California as one of the more progressive/forward-thinking states, but they've been proving recently that that's not the case. They voted against gay marriage, voted against legalized marijuana, voted against food labeling. The southern half of the state even supported SOPA. I guess it could be worse, they could be one of those states trying to outlaw teaching evolution in schools, but still, California has really been dropping the ball recently.