Yay! Another political thread!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Damn shame. Glad to see that the only wounded person in the attack is in stable condition.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

*Sigh* I hope the kid will be alright.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
wow... another attack at the schools.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xanni15

This is the last straw! We need to arm everybody, from the teachers to administrative staff, the janitors, lunch ladies, and even the student body! Guns for everybody!

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerAssassin

@MasterJohn: Dude just stop. you are annoying. Stop making these threads. Guns are in this world like it or not and believe it or not they kill. Guns were always killing just got bigger on the news since the recent massacres and so forth.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasterJohn

@InnerAssassin said:

@MasterJohn: Dude just stop. you are annoying. Stop making these threads. Guns are in this world like it or not and believe it or not they kill. Guns were always killing just got bigger on the news since the recent massacres and so forth.

This wasn't a massacre's why I created this thread: Bullies online and bullies at his school drove this 16 year old to attempt murder. Plus, Comicvine is based in California.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

And you continue to break your promise.

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerAssassin

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerAssassin said:

This wasn't a massacre's why I created this thread: Bullies online and bullies at his school drove this 16 year old to attempt murder. Plus, Comicvine is based in California.

Okay you act like Comicvine is in danger. If this kid attempted murder from bullies he doesn't deserve sympathy. It also seem,s your breaking promises. How old are you? Keep your word jeez.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By isaac_clarke

@InnerAssassin said:

Why bother telling him to stop? He's well aware of what he is doing and that is his intention.

Now time for my pointless addition in this thread: I'm glad he couldn't get something even more lethal to perform another massacre.

People can say "evil will take another form" or "god given rights" or some nonsense about an assault rifle gives you some nonexistent defense against uncle sam's military might - lets face it evil is going to have a much tougher time with a knife, with poison or realistically anything that doesn't fire walls of bullets in all directions. And I understand the expression by "god given right" I just don't believe they know what it means half the time.

Edit: Gun control shouldn't be about taking away anyone's guns mind you; simply limiting the more ridiculous choices available or make it at least more difficult, if not prevent, individuals like above from getting far more lethal opinions.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thespideyguy

@Xanni15 said:

This is the last straw! We need to arm everybody, from the teachers to administrative staff, the janitors, lunch ladies, and even the student body! Guns for everybody!

Maybe not student body.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By YoungJustice

@InnerAssassin said:

He oddly enough didn't even do anything but say that their was a school shooting..

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I'm a student at the college right next to the school being discussed. People are making this out to be some giant frenzy, when it really isn't. Taft is thoroughly conservative, and most people are just going to dismiss this as unforeseen blowback to the bullying of a teenager, which is what I'm in the process of doing. Stop whining about guns and go on about your lives.

@MasterJohn said:

They're based up north, and I seriously doubt this is going to really sway the opinions of most Californians. Give it a rest. Good grief.

P.S. He used a shotgun with buckshot ammo. This renewed discussion of assault rifles is completely impertinent to what's going on. Chill out.
Tulivu89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tulivu89

My county has what are called School Resource Officers. The police or Sheriff's Department assign an officer to the school. They create plans that match the school and are in charge of safety. High Schools are also some of the biggest crime hot spots (just think about all the stuff you saw in school that was illegal, especially if you went to the ghetto school like me) and SRO's handle all of that as well. On top of it all, they are a great resource for other officers. If I have trouble finding a crook but I know they have kids, I just ask the SRO to find out where the parents are. I do enough ranting on facebook and I like this place as somewhere to escape from reality but I wanted to share something that I find to be an effective solution to events like Newton.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@MasterJohn said:

Plus, Comicvine is based in California.

LMFAO

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MasterJohn

@YoungJustice said:

@InnerAssassin said:

He oddly enough didn't even do anything but say that their was a school shooting..

You are the only one who understands, I have existing threads if I wanted to debate gun control, this is just informitive. When someone else does this it's fine, when I do it it's bad and politics.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15 said:

Are you being for real?

How would arming anybody prevent these situations,there would probably be even more.

@InnerAssassin said:

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerAssassin said:

Okay you act like Comicvine is in danger. If this kid attempted murder from bullies he doesn't deserve sympathy. It also seem,s your breaking promises. How old are you? Keep your word jeez.

He is 13 I think.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

Killings are not about the guns. They are about the society and its security (be it physical or emotional) and how screwed up people are.

Ban all the guns (impossible, I know, but just what if...) but keep the f*cked up system and you'll have people killing using their machetes or whatever. To reiterate a cliched saying: Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By Xanni15

@mrdecepticonleader: No.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasterJohn

13? Far out.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By minigunman123

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerAssassin said:

Nobody can drive anyone to do anything. The kid's fully responsible for his own reaction, as is everyone for all their actions and reactions.

I do find it amusing that a 16 year old in a very strict gun-law state can get a shotgun so easily though, and do this. Oh yes. Gun laws are so effective. >_>

whitewings1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By whitewings1234

Yes this was on the news today as well.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MasterJohn said:

13? Far out.

You seem younger to be honest 12 11?

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sideslash

@thespideyguy said:

@Xanni15 said:

Maybe not student body.

Especially the student body.

--

But seriously. Where I live, there are very few guns. Even the police (apart from SWAT and that) don't carry guns.

Guess what...there's very little gun crime, or shootings, or massacres using assault rifles.

I dunno, I like it this way.