Caio Reviews: Game of Thrones "Breaker of Chains"

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Welcome, my friends to another review of the fourth season of Game of Thrones! Today we look at Breaker of Chains where.Tyrion considers his options; Tywin extends an olive branch; Sam questions the safety of Castle Black; Jon proposes a plan; the Hound teaches Arya; Dany chooses her champion.

At King's Landing

We literally pick up where the second episode ended,with Joffrey laying dead at his mother's arms and screaming for Tyrion to be arrested. Amidst the confusion, Dontos Hollard takes Sansa away from the wedding to somewhere safe. They managed to slip through the guards and get to a boat, where they meet the person who sent Dontos to rescue her and knew that sh*t would roll down at Joffrey's wedding. Who this mysterious employer turns out to be? Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish!!!!!

No Caption Provided

As soon as Sansa boards their ship, Dontos demands to be repayed and instead he gets a crossbow bolt, much to Sansa's horror. He wanted to guarantee her safety since everyone is looking for her, as she is one of the prime suspects for the king's death and he needed to silenced in some way, that is why he had to die. He reveals that he was the one who gave Dontos the collar that Sansa used in the wedding that means everything he said was an lie.

Looking from a certain perspective, Littlefinger is prospering well the magnificent bastard - he is the one of the few characters to end each season better than what he started. While his end goal is not very clear as of yet, remember how much power he must wield at the moment. He was named Lord of Harrenhal and was sent to marry Lisa Arryn from the Vale, meaning he is on his way to become Warden of the East and now with Sansa Stark under his wing - the last heir to Winterfell - and the way to North is open to him. And unlike the Lannisters, he managed all that without money or an vast army in his disposal.

This is one suave mofo
This is one suave mofo

Joffrey's funeral is being held, where the only people that is genuinely grieving his death are present - his own family. His brother Tommen is standing guard over his body along with his mom and grandfather, and with his brother's death, he is the new King of Westeros. Fortunately enough despite being inbred like Cersei's children, he is actually a perfectly normal and nice kid. Just like Robb, he hopes to be the "good" kind of king... As "good" this type of setting can be.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then when everybody leaves the Sept, with Jaime and Cersei being the last ones left, she pleads for him to kill Tyrion (since she remembers the promise he made to hurt her in Season 2 "Prince of Winterfell") alone. And then, disturbingly enough, they start making out right there. And in case you weren't uncomfortable enough watching that, Jaime starts to apparently force himself on Cersei, with her saying "No", "Stop" and "This isn't right" repeatedly.

No Caption Provided

This is the part where I ask: What in the crucified f*ck was were the writers thinking? I mean its already disgusting when two siblings are having sex next to their deceased inbred son, did they really need to add rape overtones to that scene too? Especially when the books, where the sex scene was completely consensual (Its still icky though)? It's really horrible this scene is so out of character for Jaime, even before his character development kicked in. Made even more mind-boggingly by the fact, for all his flaws, he always expressed disgust towards rape. He defended Brienne from being raped by Bolton bannermen - the very act that had cost his sword hand, mind you. And in the books, he swore he would have killed Robert Baratheon if he ever abused sexually of Cersei. Yet, in the series, he is cool with raping his twin sister (eeeeewwwww) and love of his life (*vomits*). I expected better from the writers, I am really disappointed with them... This is just too much... I believe some sh*tstorm is already being raised over this scene and rightfully so...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Grrrrr... Well, we move on to Tywin, who interrupts Prince Oberyn's little orgy he was planning on having in the first episode, but as always, the Lannisters have to ruin his fun. I really liked this scene (not for the reasons you are thinking, you pervs -_-), because Oberyn confronts Tywin over his sister's death, this time with no restraints and civil politeness - dude goes as far as to look Tywin in the eye without blinking and telling if he could kill him and get alway with it, nothing would have stopped him from doing so. Secondly, Tywin tries to offer his own peace terms by offering Oberyn a place as judge for Tyrion's trial, a place in the Small Council and reveals that Dorne's support is needed into a. dealing with the rebelling Greyjoys b. the army of Wildlings threatening to invade the North and c. Daenerys Targaryen and her three dragons amassing their army in the East (This shows that Tywin is willing to acknowledge some real dangers that threaten their victory)... As well as appoint an meeting with the Gregor Clegane, the man believed to be responsible for his sister's rape and death. Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho... I really have to see how is Oberyn going to react meeting with the Mountain... You know, thinking back, its pretty safe to say there is not a single scene about Oberyn Martell that I disliked...

Finally we close off King's Landing with Tyrion being visited by his squire Podrick Payne. We learn that his list of allies are drastically diminishing, since Bronn is under investigation himself and several potential helpers are being sold off by Cersei to testify against him. Pod confides that they offered him knighthood in exchange for his testimony, but since he refused as he is too loyal to the Imp, Tyrion urges Pod to leave King's Landing as he fears for the boy's life since he might be taken as an accomplice. Its heartbreaking to see that Tyrion is possibly on his own, the only one who believes his innocence is his own brother Jaime, and even then, that might not be much of a help.

At the Riverlands

No Caption Provided

Sandor and Arya are discussing what they will do in the future, with him intending to sail east and join some sellsword company. They are accosted by a peasant and his daughter who asks who they are in his lands. Arya passes her off as Sandor's daughter and him as sworn knight to House Tully. The farmer offers shelter to both of them and even work to guard their home. Sandor is not a very guest, but the man is a decent fellow who offers some honest work in guarding their farm. However in the very next day, Sandor decides to robb them and leaves with Arya, who verbally lambasts him for stealing from the poor guy.

I don't have much to say about this scene. I could easily write it off as filler and I also disliked how callous and harsh Sandor's actions were here. What is it my favorite characters turning into douchebags in this episode? I suppose he is doing what he is going to do to survive and he got point too about Arya's naivetee. She should have know better the world is merciless place after what she has seen as he points out "How many Starks are going to loose their heads before you realize that"...

At the Wall

Sam is taking care of Gilly and her son, and is extremely worried by her safety as she is the only woman at Castle Black with over 100 men and (as the opening of the scene points out) there is a distressing large amount of criminals, namely rapists, among their ranks. Sam decides that for their safety, he sends her to Mole's Town inn where she works as an maid. This causes some friction between them, since she believes he is abandoning him without realizing he is doing his best to keep her safe. How much safe is she going to be there is up to discussion, as one of the women residing there identified her as an wildling

Elsewhere else, in a village south of the wall, in a completely cheery scene featuring a small boy and his father turns into some kind of "doomed hometown" backstory, where the Wildlings under Tormund and the Thenns raid the place, killing everyone except the boy, who is sent to relay the message to Castle Black, warning of their coming. Jon and the Night's Watch contemplate what decision they should take since their numbers are too few and they can't afford loosing anymore members. They are interrupted with the return of the surviving rangers Dolorous Edd and Green, who were held prisoner during the Mutiny of Caster's Keep, who were taken over by the traitors who killed Commander Jeor Mormont.

A new, more serious problem arises: Jon misinformed Mance Ryder, telling that over 1000 people were mounting guard at Castle Black and their number is the only reason he is holding back his full force. However, the traitors know there is only 100 and if Mance gets to them first, he will learn the truth so Jon urges the Watch to ride for Craster's Keep and silence them. This is something really tense we have here, since marching North of the Wall, where their enemy is far more numerous is risky enough, but they will leave the Wall unprocteted by the South where Tormund and the Thenns are closing in by the moment. This situation doesn't look good at all... But it looks very promising in the near future though I hope to see how they can turn out.

DISCLAIMER: My apologies, couldn't find any pic or gif I could use for the Night Watch's storyline in this episode :(

At Dragonstone

Stannis who delivers the news to Davos that Joffrey is dead, and he decides this is the right moment to attack. Unfortunately, they don't have enough men to assault King's Landing nor money to fund mercenaries to help their cause. Stannis fears their time is running out and they need to do something fast before their enemies stop acknowledging his claim altogether. Davos The rightful king decides that is the right time to strike, but they don't have enough men and not enough gold to hire mercenaries. Davos returns to his reading lessons with Princess Shireen where they talk about his experiences with the Bravoosi. Accidentally this gives the Onion Knight the idea of contacting the Iron Bank of Braavos to help out their cause.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If anything else, this was one of the best scene for its much needed light-heartiness with the interactions between Davos and Shireen. She is really one of the most endearing characters in the series despite her very minor role, and her exchanges with Davos were really fun to watch. I have to wonder, how is Davos is going to hope to deal with the Iron Bank? Not even Tywin Lannister f*cks around these guys (though he won't admit it in public) and Stannis' situation is apparently hopeless, are the the Bravoosi even want to going to make business with him?

Nitpicking over here, but doesn't it look like Shireen doesn't have the Greyscale anymore in the scene above?

At Meereen

There you have folks, the episode's title has only 10 minutes of screentime frustrantingly enough :| Daenerys reaches the gates of Meereen with its citizens, masters and slaves alike, watching and jeering despite the woman having a fried-cocking army at her disposal. They send one guy to negotiate and naturally from, he decides to piss on their direction before throwing a volley of insults towards Dany. Grey Worm, Jorah and Barristan all offer to put that fool in his place, but Dany considers them too valuable to be expended even to champion her, though Daario Naharis steps in, pointing out he is a nobody. He confronts Meereen's champion mounted in a horse while he is standing alone in the ground. As his opponent charges with his jousting lance, Daario throws his dagger into the horses' eye and finishing off the idiot before he gets up. He returns the insults by pissing in the direction of the city, even after their arches fire volleys of arrows towards him. Badass...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Seeing how mixed reception to Daario's recast was, this scene might as well be a effort to make new Daario look cool and turn him a fan-favorite character. Whether it works or not, its up to debate, and did liked it in fact but I am disappointed for a completely different reason. In the books, the scene plays out the same, but a completely different character called Strong Belwas took Daario's place and lets just say he goes the extra mile to say the least. I am upset that such character doesn't exists, because he would have probably become a fan favorite in the show, just like he is in the books. Though Game of Thrones is no stranger to combining two minor roles into one or renaming characters for pragmatic reasons or to save up time. So that is probably the reason why they combined Daario with Belwas. Oh well...

Daenerys gives her speech to the city saying their masters offer nothing but chain, suffering and commands, but she wants to give them freedom. With that she orders the catapults to fire in the city direction, the projectiles being barrels containing slave collars and with that the episode ends. That is all there is. I was certainly annoyed by this ending, since I didn't knew at the time what the hell the thing with the collars meant (maybe she intended to cause a slave revolt inside the city walls and not lead to any casualty among her forces?) and it ends before anything meaningful happens, I was sincerely letdown though...

Closing Thoughts

On its own, this was just an adequate episode. There is a lot of exposition and build-up for the future with not too many remarkable moments and a fair share of annoyances. The best thing I can say is that Night Watch and Daenerys storyline will be the most interesting parts in this season judging from what has being set up here, and maybe things will get better in the future. I hope so... From what it looks like, Tyrion's trial is going to be so f*cking loooooooong and drawn out just like all scenes at KL. So "Breaker of Chains", average episode.

Thank you guys for reading it. Next episode will be Oathkeeper!!!

See ya next time =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Daario is just 10x as badass now. I like what they did.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I just like the Idea of Davos being captured by Syrio Forel and doing a Jack Sparrowesque escape.

I don't like how whitewashed Tyrion is in the series, he's just so nice all the time, his selfishness in the books made him much more complex, I like how upset Pod is by Tyrion's complete abandonment of him. Tyrion's just kind of a d*ck in the books and is too nice in the show.

Didn't like the pointless sex scene that didn't even qualify as sexposition. The following dialogue between Tywin and Oberyn was one I was seriously hoping for, Tywin's an absolute boss, his scene molding the malleable Tommen in front of the corpse of Joffrey was quite hilarious, just watching Cersei squirm.

Felt like a kind of b*tch move to not kill the child, bunch of softies, should have had two kids, one viciously decapitated and eaten, the other sent to the wall. It's what George would do.

Still don't like Daario, he's so... Yuck.

If I hadn't read the books I would have been appalled by the Jaime scene [putting aside the incest and the fact it was done by their dead son], I agree that there was really no need to make it so rapey.

WHERE IS STRONG BELWAS [Played by me]!!!

AND BROWN BEN PLUMM [played by Giancarlo Esposito]!!!

Great review btw!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: I wonder if old!Darrio could have pulled that off and looked as cool :P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I know that the faction in GoT are meant to be based off of real countries so I'm wondering is Dorne meant to be France?

Also is Daenerys still khaleesi of the Dothraki or are they all gone now?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that the faction in GoT are meant to be based off of real countries so I'm wondering is Dorne meant to be France?

Actually Dorne is meant to be Spain under Moorish influence. The Reach (House Tyrell) is supposed to be France's counterpart.

And yes, as far as I know, the Dothraki are supposed to be with her too, though we haven't seen much of them right now.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Hey, man. Glad you loved it and nice you see sharing your opinions in the books as well :D You have some good points...

I am upset that Belwas doesn't exist in this continuity but I still root that Ben will appear in Season 5 played by Giancarlo Esposito, the dude needs to play that role and there is no excuse if they combine his character or rename or whatever O_o

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Actually Dorne is meant to be Spain under Moorish influence. The Reach (House Tyrell) is supposed to be France's counterpart.

And yes, as far as I know, the Dothraki are supposed to be with her too, though we haven't seen much of them right now.

Aaah that makes sense. Also I told you Jamie was a scumbag :P

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice review. I agree it was a pretty adequate episode overall. Going by what Stannis said looks like Greyjoy might be next.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Hey, man. Glad you loved it and nice you see sharing your opinions in the books as well :D You have some good points...

I am upset that Belwas doesn't exist in this continuity but I still root that Ben will appear in Season 5 played by Giancarlo Esposito, the dude needs to play that role and there is no excuse if they combine his character or rename or whatever O_o

Early in season 4 Benioff and Weiss said that they had planned it out for 7 seasons, I can't help but feel that there is a lot of integral stuff that they need to really stamp into the audiences mind, for example Azor Ahai, TPTW, hasn't been mentioned once thus far, to just spring it on none book readers in season 5 would be incredibly unfair. Similarly, BBP is probably going to be quite important going forwards, and I feel like he should have been established by now. As cool as Strong Belwas is, I can see why they have done away with him for the show, he's really just extraneous comic relief.

Although considering Oberyn vs Gregor won't be happening until episode 8, they seem to actually be drawing the show out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed there plans and pushed them up to 8 or even 9 seasons, which I feel would be more appropriate for the sheer depth required.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

Early in season 4 Benioff and Weiss said that they had planned it out for 7 seasons, I can't help but feel that there is a lot of integral stuff that they need to really stamp into the audiences mind, for example Azor Ahai, TPTW, hasn't been mentioned once thus far, to just spring it on none book readers in season 5 would be incredibly unfair. Similarly, BBP is probably going to be quite important going forwards, and I feel like he should have been established by now. As cool as Strong Belwas is, I can see why they have done away with him for the show, he's really just extraneous comic relief.

Although considering Oberyn vs Gregor won't be happening until episode 8, they seem to actually be drawing the show out, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed there plans and pushed them up to 8 or even 9 seasons, which I feel would be more appropriate for the sheer depth required.

Yeah I think the same way... The problem is that between adapting stuff from the source material, while they have to condense a lot of plot elements and aspects, they also had to introduce some filler material. The Night's Watch having to storm Craster's Keep once again wasn't present in the books, but we need that to pad out the show until the season finale where the Battle of Castle Black takes place. That is the issue, there wasn't much material left between the Red Wedding and the end of the third book.

How do you feel about the possibility of Game of Thrones being finished as a movie? Have you heard the rumours? I certainly don't like the sound of that.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Aaah that makes sense. Also I told you Jamie was a scumbag :P

No problem. They performed a character assassination on him, pure and simple :/

Nice review. I agree it was a pretty adequate episode overall. Going by what Stannis said looks like Greyjoy might be next.

Thank you :P Hope he avoids any weddings since the murder pattern has being discerned.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Well even before that he was a incestious child killer

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@dragonborn_ct: I love Littlefinger. I really do. <3 He is much like Ra's Al Ghul. Feel awfully bad for Margaery though. v__v She should marry Caio! =O I know you'd treat her right!

You know, I was very disturbed by the Cersei and Jaime scene...Why the heck would Jaime force that near his son's corpse? 0.0 Don't know why they didn't go with the book scene. I'm guessing the show wants to separate Jaime from Cersei for awhile? Was so disappointed with that scene though. v___v Especially for Jaime's redemption.

Tommen though. <3 He's so sweet and all about the kittens. Really hope Ser Pounce will be seen! 0.0

I didn't notice the scales on Shireen either. =O Was wondering what was going on.

And I have no idea what to make of the ending...Just made no sense to me. 0.o

Even though, we'll be four episodes in, I'm already getting sad that the finale will be around the corner. v___v I got into Thrones last year but was a bit uncomfortable starting to watch it? Really have grown fond of it though. I'm hoping it'll be on for many years. It gets so addicting.

I will be sure to show this review to our Duchess of the UK (BumpyBoo)! =O Have been getting her into the series. 0.0

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, hey Mr. Decepticon! =D How have you been? Did you finish up all the seasons? I think you mentioned you were getting into the show? Really glad to see you're a fan. =D

Do you think that maybe the raccoons can get something out of Joffrey's will? =O Maybe he can give the raccoons a special chocolate milk recipe!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Aahhh!!!! You found the Daario gifs! Thanks! They're so good! Great review too. ^_^

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I love Littlefinger. I really do. <3 He is much like Ra's Al Ghul. Feel awfully bad for Margaery though. v__v She should marry Caio! =O I know you'd treat her right!

You know, I was very disturbed by the Cersei and Jaime scene...Why the heck would Jaime force that near his son's corpse? 0.0 Don't know why they didn't go with the book scene. I'm guessing the show wants to separate Jaime from Cersei for awhile? Was so disappointed with that scene though. v___v Especially for Jaime's redemption.

Tommen though. <3 He's so sweet and all about the kittens. Really hope Ser Pounce will be seen! 0.0

I didn't notice the scales on Shireen either. =O Was wondering what was going on.

And I have no idea what to make of the ending...Just made no sense to me. 0.o

Even though, we'll be four episodes in, I'm already getting sad that the finale will be around the corner. v___v I got into Thrones last year but was a bit uncomfortable starting to watch it? Really have grown fond of it though. I'm hoping it'll be on for many years. It gets so addicting.

I will be sure to show this review to our Duchess of the UK (BumpyBoo)! =O Have been getting her into the series. 0.0

Undoubtely I would treat her like a princess, but I would be put off by the curse of all men she marries ends up dead :/

I don't know why they did it like that... I read that it wasn't suppose to be seen as rape, but man, it doesn't look like anything. Tbh, while the book is consensual, its certainly NOT better that is for sure ._.

Hehehe I figure you would have a crush on Tommen xD I wouldn't be surprised!

I think they should make the episodes longer or at least add three more and make 13 episodes per season, that would be better. Hahaha I hope she is loving that too, I wish she was here on the Vine to see this though v___v

@dragonborn_ct: Well even before that he was a incestious child killer

Can't deny it that is for certain... But he revealed some heroic traits before the series takes place and when it looked like he was ready to redeem himself... They had torpedoed his chance, sending him back to square one...

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct:

Hehe. I'd be worried too. Such a shame since she's a sweetie. =/

LOL! Always had a thing for the blondes. XD Plus, Tommen would make an honorable ally for the raccoons! =O Much better than the raccoons harassing Joffrey for food!

I'd love if it was 13 episodes per season. I can understand that it probably takes a long time to film and all but, the seasons go by so fast. =/

Aw! I will see if she can share her thoughts on FB! I believe she'll be watching it tonight. =D

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Yeah I think the same way... The problem is that between adapting stuff from the source material, while they have to condense a lot of plot elements and aspects, they also had to introduce some filler material. The Night's Watch having to storm Craster's Keep once again wasn't present in the books, but we need that to pad out the show until the season finale where the Battle of Castle Black takes place. That is the issue, there wasn't much material left between the Red Wedding and the end of the third book.

How do you feel about the possibility of Game of Thrones being finished as a movie? Have you heard the rumours? I certainly don't like the sound of that.

I don't like it. Simple as that, same with the Dark Tower series being made as part show part film, it would be too condensed, wouldn't work in my opinion.

I would be game for films of:

• Aegon's Conquest
  • The Dance of the Dragons
  • Robert's Rebellion

I wish they had a bigger budget so they didn't need the filler [I know that's near impossible, HBO have some of the biggest budgets on TV] I do wonder how they'll get around it later on when we get several massive events happening simultaneously. I mean, we've got the battle of Ice, Fire, Mander and The Siege of Storm's End all within one season, or at least 3 of those, since they could have one as the 9th of a season and the next two in the next, but they are still 3 huge battles taking place in 1 season. Unless they do the Mander offscreen, which I wouldn't mind. Then there's still 2.

Oh, and I'd also like webisodes of Salladhor Saan.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@dragonborn_ct: Aahhh!!!! You found the Daario gifs! Thanks! They're so good! Great review too. ^_^

Oh thanks, if I haven't found those, a clip video would have worked fine lol Sorry for the late reply I didn't see your comments here :p

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@rogueshadow said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@rogueshadow said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

I don't like it. Simple as that, same with the Dark Tower series being made as part show part film, it would be too condensed, wouldn't work in my opinion.

• Aegon's Conquest
  • Robert's Rebellion

I wish they had a bigger budget so they didn't need the filler [I know that's near impossible, HBO have some of the biggest budgets on TV] I do wonder how they'll get around it later on when we get several massive events happening simultaneously. I mean, we've got the battle of Ice, Fire, Mander and The Siege of Storm's End all within one season, or at least 3 of those, since they could have one as the 9th of a season and the next two in the next, but they are still 3 huge battles taking place in 1 season. Unless they do the Mander offscreen, which I wouldn't mind. Then there's still 2.

Not to mention a movie finale wouldn't work very well on its own, since non-fans would be completely lost to what is going on if they don't watch the series.

I can see they doing Aegon's Conquest and The Dance of the Dragons war, but Robert's Rebellion would need to do a lot of stuff that would confirm things not yet revealed in the series such as Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's child or if Aegon really had survived.

I think webisodes surrounding minor but interesting characters in general would have being a good idea too, I don't know why HBO hasn't thought of it yet.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@rogueshadow said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

• Aegon's Conquest
  • Robert's Rebellion

Not to mention a movie finale wouldn't work very well on its own, since non-fans would be completely lost to what is going on if they don't watch the series.

I can see they doing Aegon's Conquest and The Dance of the Dragons war, but Robert's Rebellion would need to do a lot of stuff that would confirm things not yet revealed in the series such as Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's child or if Aegon really had survived.

I think webisodes surrounding minor but interesting characters in general would have being a good idea too, I don't know why HBO hasn't thought of it yet.

I was thinking that all these movies would be released after the series, I'd like them to get the series out of the way first and then the films.

There were rumours of a Dunk and Egg series being released online, but then it changed to a TV mini-series, now it seems to have died altogether.

The tales of Sallador Sahn would be soooo good, raiding the free cities, f*cking the wives of noblemen and escaping in Jack Sparrowesque madness, somebody needs to get on this right away .

You know what, I'd be okay if they merged Sallador Sahn with Brown Ben Plumm, that's how much I love Salladhor Saan.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Sweet gifs!!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think it's kinda sad that the actor that plays Joffery get's that much shit he's retiring from acting after this role.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

uh that Jaime scene... in the books it was still disgusting yet far less disgusting.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sansa has escaped....that's good,....into seemingly rapey hands...that's bad.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I hope he goes down. He is not a character I really care for.

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Ah, hey Mr. Decepticon! =D How have you been? Did you finish up all the seasons? I think you mentioned you were getting into the show? Really glad to see you're a fan. =D

Do you think that maybe the raccoons can get something out of Joffrey's will? =O Maybe he can give the raccoons a special chocolate milk recipe!

I have been okay thanks :) Yourself? I did, yes. Marathoned the show in my spare time, and just went through all the episodes pretty quick. They flow really well.

Ha ha. Maybe :)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking that all these movies would be released after the series, I'd like them to get the series out of the way first and then the films.

There were rumours of a Dunk and Egg series being released online, but then it changed to a TV mini-series, now it seems to have died altogether.

The tales of Sallador Sahn would be soooo good, raiding the free cities, f*cking the wives of noblemen and escaping in Jack Sparrowesque madness, somebody needs to get on this right away .

You know what, I'd be okay if they merged Sallador Sahn with Brown Ben Plumm, that's how much I love Salladhor Saan.

I want that to happen too... I'd hate to see Sallador being wasted away, specially how he is much better in the series than in the books. It would made sense if they combined both charaters. Nice idea RogueShadow, nice...

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Your welcome! I have been doing superb. Actually bought the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) today! Closest Barnes and Noble is almost two hours away though. XD

Ah wow! Really is quick. I am awfully terrible at marathoning shows but, thinking of rewatching all of Thrones after my exams.

Do you have a favorite character and House?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Your welcome! I have been doing superb. Actually bought the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) today! Closest Barnes and Noble is almost two hours away though. XD

Ah wow! Really is quick. I am awfully terrible at marathoning shows but, thinking of rewatching all of Thrones after my exams.

Do you have a favorite character and House?

Cool :) I have not read the books, and will probably keep it that way as to avoid spoilers.

It is. I tend to keep caught up on the shows I watch, as I don't watch that many, but I came into Game of Thrones late so I ended up marathoning it. (don't think that is even a word..)

I really like the Hound. Probably the Lannisters, certainly are the most interesting. How about you?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's kinda sad that the actor that plays Joffery get's that much shit he's retiring from acting after this role.

That's not true at all. Jack Gleason doesn't get sh*t, he's one of the nicest kids in the world and everyone loves him. He's retiring so he can go to school and study.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jaken7: he gets hate mail and was slapped in the street.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Grifter_

Agree with The Jaime bit. It's one of the things that messed with him back when the Mad King was still breathing. I can't remember which book it was, but I remember him having a flash back of standing guard with one his brothers of the Kingsguard at the time. And they're standing outside the King's chambers while the Mad King rapes the queen. And Jaime turns to him and says something along the lines of "We're supposed to protect the Queen." And his sworn brother tells him "We are, but not from him."

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For real? That is so retarded...

Agree with The Jaime bit. It's one of the things that messed with him back when the Mad King was still breathing. I can't remember which book it was, but I remember him having a flash back of standing guard with one his brothers of the Kingsguard at the time. And they're standing outside the King's chambers while the Mad King rapes the queen. And Jaime turns to him and says something along the lines of "We're supposed to protect the Queen." And his sworn brother telling him "We are, but not from him."

That was in A Feast of Crows, where he reminesces how all other members of the Kingsguard that he served alongside are remembered as heroes, while he is the one with sh*t for honor for having killed Aerys Targaryen, despite the others serving under him loyally.

Still Jake shared Martin and Nikolai's opinion on the scene and it made just a little better, but still came off as creepy the first time I watched.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I saw that. The scene was still creepy in the book. The show just....made it a bit worse in my opinion.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JakeN7

Still, it isn't why he's retiring. Besides, those people obviously have mental deficiencies, and can't separate fiction from reality. Either that or they're being cheeky and reenacting the 3 scenes where Joffrey gets slapped.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Samimista

@mrdecepticonleader:

Hehe! xD Hound I like too. <3 He reminds me of Prince Adam (Beast) from Beauty and the Beast? =O

My favorite would be Asha/Yara Greyjoy and my favorite House would be Greyjoy! =D I just love em! xD

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Hehe! xD Hound I like too. <3 He reminds me of Prince Adam (Beast) from Beauty and the Beast? =O

My favorite would be Asha/Yara Greyjoy and my favorite House would be Greyjoy! =D I just love em! xD

Cool, don't like the Greyjoy's that much.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#39 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Awww mate :( *hugs*

And yes, YES I did love it! Aw man that whole scene was so inspiring though. It made me wanna take up the shield and kick butts! I WILL WAR FOR YOU DAENERYS! And we will live in a far away castle with dragons and babies and dragon babies I love you Dany O_O Ahem. You didn't see that last part....

^_^

Hell yeahz :D

(on a side-note this didn't appear in my notifications either -_-)