Buzzfeed vs The Mary Sue: Which is worse?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Buzzfeed vs The Mary Sue: Which is worse? (36 votes)

Buzzfeed for sure. 44%
Mary Sue is worse. 56%
No Caption Provided

Both are regarded venomously as one of the worst sites in the internet business today. Both encourage misinformation, gullibility, SJWism, feminist propaganda, narrow-minded ways of thinking and heavily champion censorship in comics, games, movies and in everyday society. The question is, which one of these is worse?

And as a bonus, what is the worst site of all time?

• 
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thats like asking me to chose:

Cancer in the right testicle or cancer on the left testicle.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheSpoiler

Really don't use either site, but Buzzfeed seems much better from what I've seen.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Gotta say, I actually like Buzzfeed. Not their articles about feminism or whatever but their videos can be fun.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

The Mary Sue because to me they seem really pompous at times and like they are better than everyone else.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Buzzfeed videos, but the articles are an abomination. I've never been to The Mary Sue, but I can't imagine their articles or views being worse than what I've read on Buzzfeed....

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Never been on Mary Sue

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By goonage

Buzzfeed is better just because of addicting quizzes. Everything else mostly sucks.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary Sue has over stepped boundaries, and frankly just been really mean spirited, so them

Avatar image for inquisitor_lavellan
Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarySue.com exists solely to write puerile sh*t to rile people up and hide behind the shield of feminism. So obviously them.

Buzzfeed has some interesting content at least.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

MarySue.com exists solely to write puerile sh*t to rile people up and hide behind the shield of feminism. So obviously them.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Buzfeed isn't even half bad

Mary Sue on the other hand.......

~MiB

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Never been on Mary Sue

I've never even heard of it..........

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:
@inquisitor_lavellan said:

Going to visit Marysue now

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know either

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: http://www.themarysue.com/dark-horse-legend-of-korra-comic-korrasami/

Take that, bigots!

......We might be getting more than just a glimpse of the representation biseuxals deserve–we might be getting an entirely canon comic. Oh, what a day. What a lovely day.

Jeez, they make it sound that anybody who didn't like Korra Asami is anti-progress. And this is coming from someone who likes Korrasami

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Take that, bigots!

......We might be getting more than just a glimpse of the representation biseuxals deserve–we might be getting an entirely canon comic. Oh, what a day. What a lovely day.

Jeez, they make it sound that anybody who didn't like Korra Asami is anti-progress. And this is coming from someone who likes Korrasami

This isnt even that bad.

They were the bigger force behind the Whedon leaves tweeter debacle and let a pedophile harasser write articles in their site, then claim he was never hired and was another person with the exact same name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Buzzfeed is better just because of addicting quizzes. Everything else mostly sucks.

Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@lvenger said:
@inquisitor_lavellan said:

Going to visit Marysue now

Enjoy your cancer :p

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I tried. I really, really tried. One of my most favourite writers left the site a few months ago and ever since then, they've focused on shit articles meant to be click bait with no real effort at anything resembling journalism. It's just a bunch of opinion pieces. I'm not the most easy going of feminists when it comes to comics and sexism and garbage, but I couldn't take it. They certainly don't represent me, as a female comic fan. The Mary Sue is garbage.

So is another site called Women Writing Comics or something like that. Just as click baity and sensationalist and crap. Oh, let's not forget hypocritical. I wouldn't have a problem with it (since that's to be found everywhere, in all comics sites), but in their world, there is nothing but their opinion. Try to have a conversation on there? Nope. Just read their "articles", agree with them, and if you don't, STFU.

I came across another site spouting the same shit, but even more pungent because it was clearly biased, empty of important facts, and skewed to support a stance that was a flat out LIE. All this from someone who supposedly has a Masters in Comics Literature.

Let that soak in a bit.

I am all for making noise about the bullshit that's out there in the mainstream end of things (mostly) in terms of females, representation, diversity, sexual orientation, blah, blah, blah, but when you start obfuscating truth to fit the perimeters of the most "click" making bait, then no. I'm not falling into line and I'm not supporting it.

Sorry, got a little ranty there. Just really, really pissed lately. With all the crap surrounding asshole creators getting away with ridiculous (and dangerous) behaviour and knee jerk reactions to things that should instead be discussed rationally and respectfully, I kinda have it up to here with people/sites from all corners.

Anyway. Buzzfeed is okay by me. They are idiots at times, but at least they know it.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of Mary Sue but Buzzfeed is really arrogant, annoying, and has a very obvious liberal bias and that "tolerance is key but if you don't agree with me, **** you" attitude. Which is a shame cause they have some nice articles/quizzes from time to time.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least buzzfeed can be comedic

joshuey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buzzers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda enjoyed buzzfeed. mary sue is lame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Mary Sue besides it being toxic, but at least it isn't mainstream like Buzzfeed. Sure buzzfeed can be fun and has some cool stuff. But it still spreads it's stupid crap to a much larger audience.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't know what the Mary Sue is, but I like Buzzfeed, at least, the YouTube account.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Take that, bigots!

Yeah they're one of the few sites capable of making a LGBT couple sound like an elitist and snobby concept that everyone must accept or be called a bigot for it. Even fair criticisms against the holiness of Korrasami are not tolerated by these feminazis as it contradicts their agenda and so therefore it must be wrong. People like them do more harm than good for Korrasami as a couple.

This isnt even that bad.

They were the bigger force behind the Whedon leaves tweeter debacle and let a pedophile harasser write articles in their site, then claim he was never hired and was another person with the exact same name.

Why does that not surprise me? It makes perfect sense that a site who would once praise Whedon's representation of women would viciously turn on him for his depiction of Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Their vitriolic excuse for journalism probably got too much for Whedon. I haven't heard about them letting a pedophile harasser write for their site though.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to look at both sides the best I can, so I read The Mary Sue for a while. I thought it was pretty interesting, until I started running into articles about "male tears" and why boys have always been dumber than girls (they've removed all but one of the comments on that one, last I checked. Don't know why.) They've got some neat articles from time to time when they're not preaching about third wave feminism. Other than that, I don't have much respect for them.

I will say one good thing about their commentors, though. They published an article before the release of Pokémon Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire about how the game was sexist because, in the demo, the female rival wasn't nearly as useful as the male protagonist. The commentors quickly pointed out that the demo only showed one little part of the game, and that if the player chose to be female then the rival would be male, and vice versa. I guess that's why I respect The Mary Sue more than Buzzfeed, even if it's only a little bit.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@laflux said:

Take that, bigots!

Yeah they're one of the few sites capable of making a LGBT couple sound like an elitist and snobby concept that everyone must accept or be called a bigot for it. Even fair criticisms against the holiness of Korrasami are not tolerated by these feminazis as it contradicts their agenda and so therefore it must be wrong. People like them do more harm than good for Korrasami as a couple.

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This isnt even that bad.

Why does that not surprise me? It makes perfect sense that a site who would once praise Whedon's representation of women would viciously turn on him for his depiction of Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Their vitriolic excuse for journalism probably got too much for Whedon. I haven't heard about them letting a pedophile harasser write for their site though.

The Mary Sue slammed Whedon for being sexist and not a real feminist before they praise him, they praise him when Whedon started to go Ultra White Knight and let every single women trash him.

Whedon is the battered wife of Third Wave Feminism, that wasnt the first time they abused Whedon and he blamed himself for what happened.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: What a bunch of bullies and hypocrites, forcing people to conform to their viewpoints. Way to promote the so called gender equality of feminism except that men have to do what women want and not offend them. I almost feel sorry for Whedon for being turned on by his supporters.

Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This isnt even that bad.

Sarah Nyberg is the name, or better know as Sarah Butts. Encyclopedia Dramatica dug up their past after they continued to stalking and harass anti-SJWs and pro-GGers. They found out Nyberg sent nude photos to a 8-year old girl, was a white supremacist and committed bestiality - the stuff of nightmares. Astonishingly, the SJWs would have abandoned and execrated this person for all the horrible deeds they committed (they have thrown people under the bus for less with just the accusation being enough), instead she was made into a martyr and lauded as a champion of progress for standing against those gross reactionaries trying to smear her and the police already being notified and pressing charges.

These people are unbelievable.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inquisitor_lavellan: That is some nasty **** right there and definitely shows how two faced some of those who belong to the SJW group can be. Also shows how ignorant, naive or downright stupid the SJWs are if they still defend people like that under their banner of progress.

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I visit both LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've never been on Mary Sue. But Buzzfeed has some fun and interesting videos, even if a lot of it is run by annoying SJWs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary Sue is dope.

raulhernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mary Sue is worse by far. Not only are the articles universally garbage - SJW shit to end all SJW shit - but the comments sections really discourage discussion. If your opinion exactly mirrors that of the article's author, and toes the Mary Sue SJW party line, you're okay. If you disagree with anything and anyone, you are quickly banned. Not banned for any actual violations - I'm not talking about any language that shouldn't be allowed, or personal attacks, etc., but just the act of disagreeing. The only guys on there are eunuchs.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are cancerous tumors on the internet.

Also I haaaated korrasami.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know that Mary Sue was the name of a website. Buzzfeed by default.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buzzfeed is way bigger so them. I never even heard of Mary - Sue.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary Sue has said a lot of inaccurate stuffs, and the way the address the issues were very antagonist in nature.

Bonus: Comicvine

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Mary Sue besides it being toxic, but at least it isn't mainstream like Buzzfeed. Sure buzzfeed can be fun and has some cool stuff. But it still spreads it's stupid crap to a much larger audience.

this i didn't even know what marry sue was.