Buying an Xboxone just to play this.....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I was just talking about how I wanted to play as Achilles or as ing Leonidas but this will definitely do!

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NovaRichRider

It looks good but I didn't like the combat. You basically do a couple strikes then hit a quick time button.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like D-Day when you storm the beaches, except with swords and catapults.

Still the only game that would convince me to buy a system would be the new Super Smash

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novarichrider:

yeah but it loos like so much fun to me! I don't mind the qte's I saw. and id rather be playing as a greek....like Achilles or Leonidas but ill take a Roman any day! im so excited for this im going to buy both a ps4 and an xboxone now

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

It looks amazing! But the gameplay doesn't seem like my cup of tea, i tend to get so focussed on which buttons to press that i lose sight of what happens in the game (my fault). :)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

This game impressed me above most of the other games shown! I can't wait to see more!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SOG7dc

@deranged_midget:

this was by far the most iimpressive new ip aside from watch dogs shown so far. and I just have a gut feeling that the qte's will work in this game

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deranged Midget

@sog7dc: Yeah, it was definitely cool! I'm interested to see more of Quantum Break, The Division( Ubisoft), Sunset Overdrive!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That does look amazing, and I specifically love the era it revolves around.

However, I don't think even with a game as amazing looking as that, it can outweight the failures of the actual X-Box One console for me. That's just me though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

yes! quantum break has me so intrigued! bottom line is im spending about 2500 dollars when these two machines release lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru:

I totally get that. but I have been wanting this game for about 10 years now lol and now that its finally being made I. Will. Play. IT!!!!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc
I can't blame you. That game looks great. Hopefully, if any of my friends pick up that and the X-Box One, I get to try it out.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JamesKM716

It looks fantastic, but it isn't worth 500 bucks.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks fantastic, but it isn't worth 500 bucks.

A single game to me isn't a deal breaker, but I was generally more impressed by the line-up they had this year.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

Another game to add to my wishlist.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait a few weeks after the Xbox One comes out. The price should drop to around $200.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

Just wait a few weeks after the Xbox One comes out. The price should drop to around $200.

Price isn't much of a problem to me. I'm more attuned to renting games so Microsoft's first party policy isn't a deal breaker for me but it's a little annoying. At least they leave it up to the developers for third party games whether or not used games can be sold or traded.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JamesKM716

It's not that it's a deal breaker. Honestly Microsofts line up was better than Sony's. it's simply that PS4 has better policies and price

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not that it's a deal breaker. Honestly Microsofts line up was better than Sony's. it's simply that PS4 has better policies and price

What was Microsofts line up?

And how exactly was it better then Sonys?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@sog7dc: Make sure to get a hacked one preferably from bootleg

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft's line up had Titanfall, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Project Spark. That's 4 great exclusives to the system that appealed to me personally.

Sony had exactly one; inFAMOUS: Second Son. Also, I think all of Sony's exclusive launch games were established ips. Microsoft had a good mix of both

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameskm716: We had Destiny, which is an upgraded Halo. Killzone. Deep Down. We're also getting some others not mentioned in E3, a few new good looking ACTUAL survival horror games.

And I'm pretty sure Dead Rising 3 isn't going to stay an exclusive. It'd be hilarious to see Capcom try to keep a top rate game on a system that's pretty much already doomed.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

I honestly thought Ryse was the least impressive game shown at E3. It's just a quick-time event every few seconds. The gameplay is nothing we haven't seen before, with the exception of the troop command stuff which seems like an afterthought.

It just looks really mediocre to me.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By theTimeStreamer

played enough god of war. this is just god of war light.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo. Nothing else.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameskm716:

We had Destiny, which is an upgraded Halo. Killzone. Deep Down. We're also getting some others not mentioned in E3, a few new good looking ACTUAL survival horror games.

Destiny isn't an exclusive, it's going out for four different consoles mate.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

@jameskm716:

We had Destiny, which is an upgraded Halo. Killzone. Deep Down. We're also getting some others not mentioned in E3, a few new good looking ACTUAL survival horror games.

Destiny isn't an exclusive, it's going out for four different consoles mate.

Thought we were comparing what was revealed at each seperate panel.

Honestly, only reason Xbone is getting these, is because they're desperately going to need some good games to make up for the crap software.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

If you have the money...why not?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before anything was released about the X1, or even the PS4 I was dead set on going strictly PC from now on. But then I saw this game.. along with Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive, also hearing that I could play ESO on console, I am really leaning to get a new xbox.

Although I'll wait till all the overreacting hate dies down, see the initial sales numbers, and then see if MS changes anything according to those numbers... and then I might get one.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, only reason Xbone is getting these, is because they're desperately going to need some good games to make up for the crap software.

Not sure how that would matter regardless ;)

Getting what? Exclusives? I'm not sure I follow your reasoning mate. What's wrong with Microsoft dishing out some really cool looking exclusives?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

Not sure how that would matter regardless ;)

Getting what? Exclusives? I'm not sure I follow your reasoning mate. What's wrong with Microsoft dishing out some really cool looking exclusives?

No, I mean, I thought the argument was over what games were revealed at each other's panel. Not exactly what was an exclusive.

I'm saying what a couple of others are also saying. It seems as though XBone focused on their games, to pull people in with those. They didn't change anything with the software to make it any more user friendly. I feel there are more good exclusives from PS4, however E3 was shown to advertise their SOFTWARE side.

Looking it up, there's actually alot of good unmentioned PS4 exclusives. I mean, I personally feel there's a damn good reason why X-Box One is just now getting Kingdom Hearts, after their let down inital software reveal.

Loading Video...

I mean, the list keeps going on about how they're just messing up.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: In terms of what exclusives come to either console really comes down to mere preference. I personally am only interested in inFamous: Second Son on the PS4 front. Nothing else really interests me enough in terms of games. And yes, I am aware of Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica developing their own set of games but it just comes down to preference in my opinion if concerning solely games.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SideburnGuru
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks cool. But I still am not getting an Xbox One.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked graphically impressive but the gameplay that I have seen looks bland and repetitive.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JamesKM716

@sideburnguru said:

@jameskm716:

And I'm pretty sure Dead Rising 3 isn't going to stay an exclusive. It'd be hilarious to see Capcom try to keep a top rate game on a system that's pretty much already doomed.

Destiny isn't an exclusive. I don't give a crap about Killzone, and Deep Down may not stay as an exclusive IIRC. How would you know about the exclusives not mentioned at E3?

What evidence is there to show that Dead Rising won't stay exclusive. I highly doubt MicroSoft would tout it as an exclusive if it wasn't going to be one. And also, Dead Rising 3 uses the Xbox One's cloud system of Always-Online, so it literally couldn't run on PS4 in the same way.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

dear Microsoft

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like some bits but it didn't seem like my sort of thing.

Certainly not enough to get me to buy an Xbone.

But I can see why someone might be willing to take the risk for this game.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

@jameskm716:

Destiny isn't an exclusive. I don't give a crap about Killzone, and Deep Down may not stay as an exclusive IIRC. How would you know about the exclusives not mentioned at E3?

What evidence is there to show that Dead Rising won't stay exclusive. I highly doubt MicroSoft would tout it as an exclusive if it wasn't going to be one. And also, Dead Rising 3 uses the Xbox One's cloud system of Always-Online, so it literally couldn't run on PS4 in the same way.

Well, then you don't say that it has no other exclusives, regardless if you don't care. Also, you can look them up as well. There were more mentioned outside of what we saw.

Pretty sure it won't. Dead Rising "X-Box exclsuive", the second one ended up selling more if you look it up, which was initally going to be an Exclusive if I remember correctly, but then they gave it to both. I think a similar mechanic could work for PS4. Deep Down is going to stay an exclusive.

Xbone is only showing it's good exclusives to make up for the crappy platform in itself.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, then you don't say that it has no other exclusives, regardless if you don't care. Also, you can look them up as well. There were more mentioned outside of what we saw.

Pretty sure it won't. Dead Rising "X-Box exclsuive", the second one ended up selling more if you look it up, which was initally going to be an Exclusive if I remember correctly, but then they gave it to both. I think a similar mechanic could work for PS4. Deep Down is going to stay an exclusive.

Xbone is only showing it's good exclusives to make up for the crappy platform in itself.

The only other exclusive on Xbox that Microsoft has published that ever transferred over to Sony was Mass Effect but that was EA bought out BioWare from Microsoft and Dead Rising 2 which was made by a different developer. A game published by Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SideburnGuru

@sideburnguru said:

The only other exclusive on Xbox that Microsoft has published that ever transferred over to Sony was Mass Effect but that was EA bought out BioWare from Microsoft and Dead Rising 2 which was made by a different developer. A game published by Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

Did some more research on it. From what I understand, without Microsoft it wouldn't even have come out. Here's some more info from the commenters.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130611141140AAsP1NG

Good to see I'm not alone though. Even if it does have better exclusives, it's the only desperate tatic Xbone has left. Hope anyone getting it has fun getting the system turning it's back on the common player.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see I'm not alone though. Even if it does have better exclusives, it's the only desperate tatic Xbone has left. Hope anyone getting it has fun getting the system turning it's back on the common player.

"Desperate" is a strong word, especially since neither console has been released yet. Regardless, to each their own :)

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

"Desperate" is a strong word, especially since neither console has been released yet. Regardless, to each their own :)

Oh, I know. I still feel as though they needed it. After all the downtalk on One. Especially comparing the E3 confrences.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deranged Midget

Oh, I know. I still feel as though they needed it. After all the downtalk on One. Especially comparing the E3 confrences.

I feel that it extremely smart for Microsoft to showcase all the games that they did during their E3 conference. They already disappointed the community enough, now it was time to show games.

Regardless, everyone knows that the Playstation 4 is currently the structurally superior console. It just comes down to preference from there.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

I feel that it extremely smart for Microsoft to showcase all the games that they did during their E3 conference. They already disappointed the community enough, now it was time to show games.

Regardless, everyone knows that the Playstation 4 is currently the structurally superior console. It just comes down to preference from there.

E3 Conference

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

PS4 will have some good games.

They just didn't show off enough good exclusives. I think giving X-Bone Kingdom Hearts was a HORRID idea.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I have no doubt that Sony will bring out new exclusives as well!

As for Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix are a greedy bunch.