Buying a tablet for digital comics

Avatar image for thesuperiorfatman
TheSuperiorFatMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to switch from paper comics to digital comics. I was checking out the Comixology FAQ and I am having trouble finding out the average space needed for a standard size comic book. I thought about a Kindle Fire HD 7" with a 16GB hard drive. The price is right for starting out with a first tablet but I am hoping it has enough space because my pull list is pretty heavy. Other than comics the space I need would be pretty minimal to support some novels , Hearthstone and Netflix.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to switch from paper comics to digital comics. I was checking out the Comixology FAQ and I am having trouble finding out the average space needed for a standard size comic book. I thought about a Kindle Fire HD 7" with a 16GB hard drive. The price is right for starting out with a first tablet but I am hoping it has enough space because my pull list is pretty heavy. Other than comics the space I need would be pretty minimal to support some novels , Hearthstone and Netflix.

I've been getting started on digital, and from what I understand there's no "average size" for them.

That being said I've downloaded some anywhere between 30Mb and 300Mb.

You should be fine with a 16GB, also you don't need to keep them all on your tablet forever so if you manage to fill that up you just remove the older ones. (Although I think your pretty safe)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You'll have enough space.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BappyRonChantin

A single issue is around 30 mb, a volume can be around 300 mb. My cbr folder has gotten nearly 17gb in size in my 4 years of digital comics collection, and it's increasing. If you like to collect comics and don't delete them after reading, I will recommend you to get at least 32gb free memory.